• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros 2016 |OT| Clayray awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

Lol,Serena is just going to walk back to the dressing room if she gets annoyed by the weather and making them wait in the rain...

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I just hope Thiem has a better BP conversion than the last time they played.

Diamond

Just saw this on the french broadcast : no it's not some Future in Russia, it's Roland Garros quarter-finals...
w64DSAK.jpg

Ricker

I dont know,even though Serena is ahead 4 2 in the second set,she is trying lobs and drop shots,things she rarely does and looks a little tired out there...I wouldn't bet the farm on her right now,we may still have an upset in the making.

I dont know,even though Serena is ahead 4 2 in the second set,she is trying lobs and drop shots,things she rarely does and looks a little tired out there...I wouldn't bet the farm on her right now,we may still have an upset in the making.

break!!!.

Niraj

Wanted Timea to win, but you have to be happy for Kiki. Nice reaction there.

Nyx

Holy shit at the Dutch interviewer after the match...

Kiki's best tournament ever, just reached the semi finals, 'Congratulations, but can you explain why you made errors on crucial moments?'

She replied 'I don't care, I just made it to the semis on a Grand Slam....'

Ricker

Serena fooled me again damnit lol ;)

And a great Slam for Kiki,man what a surprise.

Holy shit at the Dutch interviewer after the match...

Kiki's best tournament ever, just reached the semi finals, 'Congratulations, but can you explain why you made errors on crucial moments?'

She replied 'I don't care, I just made it to the semis on a Grand Slam....'

lol,she should of went..''Seriously ?'' or something like that ;)

Hoplatee

It was a really stupid interview yeah. They aired that interview again moments later but actually cut out that section haha.

Faddy

Banned
The French need to get their shit together on ticketing. it is embarrassing for them to have 3/4 empty stadiums for quarter final matches

RedAssedApe

Banned
hoping thiem wins this. been waiting awhile for these next-generation guys to break through the big 4. its been so long that it feels like we skipped a generation of players.

szaromir

Banned
I'm given to understand there's been some awkwardness about a racket nearly hitting a line judge?

(Accidentally in terms of aim, deliberately in terms of coming from a place of rage)

I'm listening on the radio, though, so I haven't quite grasped the details.

After the ballkid abuse episodes nothing about this savage guy will surprise me...

Niraj

Just saw this on the french broadcast : no it's not some Future in Russia, it's Roland Garros quarter-finals...

I'm thinking the ITF may finally write a sternly worded letter to the French Open. It gives off a bad impression of our sport to the world when one of our 4 biggest yearly events have a crowd like that for a quarter finals match.

Superb quality of tennis today between Thiem and Goffin. Goffin's returning was Djokovic-like from the end of the first set till midway through the second, while Thiem backed his forehand and made it when it mattered. Whole match turned on a dramatic set point during the 2nd set TB. Shame there were about 200 people watching it on Lenglen.

Thiem could make the final without having played on Chatrier since he and Djokovic are on Lenglen tomorrow. Doubt that's happened very often in Slam history.

Serena looked sluggish and was reduced to moonballs and reckless net rushing to recover the match against Putintseva. I think she'll find life easier against Bertens who plays a more conventional woman's game with less spin and more flat striking.

valkyre

I think its completely unfair and absurd that some players have to go through 4 consecutive days of best of 3 set matches in a GS event...

Meanwhile the other half of the draw is in cruise control following their schedule with minimal changes.

Yes rain is unpredictable, yes tickets must be sold, yes the weekend brings more money. But ef that shit, make sure that you at least try to make things somewhat equal for all contenders. I dont consider fair someone to play 4 consecutive days while another enjoys proper rest. Mess with the other dudes schedules as well.

oti

Banned
Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Stan, McEnroe, Murphy, Williams', Agassi, Kuerten, Navratilova, Safin, Sampras etc.

Yes, the athletes care about another revenue stream, surprise.

Doubles was always that side thing you did for funnsies until "double experts" showed up. Players, who couldn't compete in singles so they focused on doubles. It's fine. It enables Hingis to rank up her Grand Slam count but in the end doubles is nowhere near singles when it comes to prestige. Let's not kid ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom