• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros 2016 |OT| Clayray awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
djokovic will have either goffin or thiem in the semi-final. the darkness deepens, now more than ever the light of clayray must illuminate the earth.

clemenx

Banned
Every year people complain about FO and US open crowds whenever a local plays and I just don't get it. I love rowdy crowds!

I find it to be pretty awesome. I saw a Serena match at US open and the crowd made it an awesome experience when it was a match I really didn't care about.

oti

Banned
djokovic will have either goffin or thiem in the semi-final. the darkness deepens, now more than ever the light of clayray must illuminate the earth.

You could see it the other way around. Djokovic wins the Open Era's shittiest French Open. Not that anybody would care about that a year later but you will care. You'll never forget.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
what the, Clayray the false prophet?

five minutes in ms paint is enough to expose your blasphemy.

IW13ZtP.jpg

Diamond

Richard often seems to have a hard time maintaining his level of play after 2.5-3 hours. Too bad because it was a spectacular match in the first couple of sets. Hope he has a bit of energy left for the fourth.

Hedrush

Interesting first two sets, but after winning the second Andy looked the stronger player by far and Gasquet just ran out of steam. Good match, looking forward to the semis now.

milanbaros

Member?
This is a really long stretch but does anyone have any open era stats regarding Men who have won the most matches at a tournament without winning it?

Djokovic and possibly Murray would be in the French open top 10, I suspect.

Murray almost certainly top 3 for the Australian open.

Edit: Jimmy Connors would be up there in the French.

Diamond

This is a really long stretch but does anyone have any open era stats regarding Men who have won the most matches at a tournament without winning it?

Djokovic and possibly Murray would be in the French open top 10, I suspect.

Murray almost certainly top 3 for the Australian open.

Edit: Jimmy Connors would be up there in the French.

Henman at Wimbledon maybe.
Borg at USOpen.

Diamond

Ferrer has 43 wins at the French.

And 39 at Australian Open. Impressive for a non slam winning career.
Roddick has 41 at Wimbledon. And 38 AO.
Lendl has a whopping 48 (!) at Wimbledon, that's as much as Djoko at the french.

It's an interesting stat. Some actual slam winners have much less victories than these guys.

And 39 at Australian Open. Impressive for a non slam winning career.
Roddick has 41 at Wimbledon. And 38 AO.
Lendl has a whopping 48 (!) at Wimbledon, that's as much as Djoko at the french.

It's an interesting stat. Some actual slam winners have much less victories than these guys.

Like DelPo and Cilic probably? lol

Anyway tomorrows forecast looks rainy. Not stormy, but there should be a light rain throughout the day. Similar to Monday mornings conditions that everyone complained about but organizers still made them play.

Petr Korda won an Aussie open and he's 17–9 there for his career, so besides his 7 win run he only managed to win 12 matches in his entire career.

mclem

I'm given to understand there's been some awkwardness about a racket nearly hitting a line judge?

(Accidentally in terms of aim, deliberately in terms of coming from a place of rage)

I'm listening on the radio, though, so I haven't quite grasped the details.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
berdych just as useless as expected. djokovic probably gets to play post 5 set quarter goffin in a grand slam semi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom