• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roland Garros 2016 |OT| Clayray awakens

Status
Not open for further replies.
xkGwK1b.jpg

What an utterly pathetic match that was from Murray. Doubt it'll take much out of him though, so hopefully Clayray can be reborn in R2.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Murray being a lucky netcord and one further error away from losing to a living fossil will make it that more satisfying when he #slays Djokovic in the final.

oti

Banned
Murray being a lucky netcord and one further error away from losing to a living fossil will make it that more satisfying when he #slays Djokovic in the final.

No PopGAF in here please.

Please.

I was just about to post that Invanovic survived R1 at least but that's not so clear anymore lol.

mcfrank

Does anyone here have a USTA number I can use to purchase US Open tickets? Only USTA members can buy for the first week and I just need a number to get past the ticket master check. PM me if you are willing. Thanks

Stepanek fought so hard for the first four holds of the final set, fending off BP after BP, that I suspected he was going to pull it off, especially when he got to Deuce on Murray's serve at 5-4*. Funny how so many epic matches like that have one crucial shot that swings momentum away right when the victory line looked to be in reach (meaning Stepanek's backhand in the net to end that long rally at Deuce, after which he collapsed).

Kerber pulled a dodgy MTO when Bertens led 3-0 in the third. Glad that didn't change the match completely. First big seed to go out in either draw (I wouldn't count Dimitrov or Pliskova, Cilic is arguable, Vinci was in dire form with injuries).

Coric easily won the battle of young guns between him and Fritz. Certainly won't be their last meeting.

Nice to see my favourite young Russian, Darya Kasatkina, negotiate a tough opening match against Friedsam in her first RG. She was supposed to run into Kerber in R3, but that won't happen now, so there's a big opportunity to reach her first R4 at a Slam, in only her third. Same can be said, of course, for Kiki Bertens, who's never been beyond R2 herself, or Camila Giorgi, although she did reach the 2nd week at Wimbledon once.

Really? Wow, why is it so much bigger? Always assumed it was abut 60% bigger based on number of seats. What makes it 4x the size? Corporate boxes maybe?

I mean the surface area of the roof will be roughly 4 times larger than the one on Centre Court.

Here's what the cover looks like inside Centre Court

and here's what needs to be covered on Ashe

According to wiki, Arthur Ashe's retractable roof will use 210,000 sq. ft. of PTFE material.
For Centre Court the total area of the roof when fully deployed is 5,200 m2

I can't find the "fully deployed" area for Arthur Ashe on wiki

Don't sleep on Knapp. She's putting Azarenka to bed right now.

Also is anyone watching beauty and the beast I mean Hesse v. Townsend?
I kid, I kid!

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Robson is still a shadow of her former self. She peaked 4 years ago and hasn't been the same since her injury. Brits have moved on to supporting Konta, and soon they will be fans of Katie Swan.

I feel sorry for Robson. She had genuine potential to be a world-class player and a slam-winner, now she's a Del Potro but without the slam.

oti

Banned
Getting ugly.

What's Aza's end game here? Does she pray for Knapp to break a leg or something?

Aaaand we're done.

Saty

Federer must be kicking himself for not playing the tournament back pains and all seeing this form from the top seeds.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Murray doesn't look well. He's not even chuntering at the box like he normally does, he just looks weirdly drained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom