• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
gtrl0bu.png

What is this carny crap?
It's time for the annual Royal Rumble! The beginning of the road to WrestleMania, this event sets the stage for the biggest show of the year. The random nature of the Royal Rumble match means it's a favourite of fans, with plenty of chances for surprise entrants from years past, and stars being made. WrassleGAF always gets in on the fun, with various pools and games, like the annual Avatar Rumble~!

Why should I watch?
The Royal Rumble match is the main attraction. A 30 man match, where the winner gets a shot at the WWE World Heavyweight Champion at WrestleMania. The entrants come out one by one in a random order, meaning lots of fun to be had.

Anyone can win the Royal Rumble and become a main event star overnight.
BTiUXVC.png

Absolutely anyone.
BTiUXVC.png

ANYONE.
BTiUXVC.png

What else is on the card?
hIbDnZE.jpg

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Brock Lesnar (c) vs Seth Rollins vs John Cena

9RHX8dq.jpg

Natalya & Paige vs The Bella Twins

8Z0lk2G.jpg

WWE Tag Team Championship: The Miz & Damien Mizdow vs The Usos (c)

JWW1yrK.jpg

The Ascension vs The New Age Outlaws in 2015

wxl1dR9.jpg

Preshow, free on YouTube: The New Day vs Tyson Kidd, Cesaro & Adam Rose

I'm in! What does WrassleGAF have planned?

So far, we've got two games running:
Vince McSunflower is running the Avatar Rumble! 40 WrassleGAFFERS have bravely put their avatar on the line, and nominated someone from wrestling history to represent them in a WWE 2k14 Royal Rumble match. Whoever wins, every Gaffer will have to change their avatar to an image of that wrestler.
Avatar Rumble (not to be confused with Rumble Pool, etc)

-- Your entry vote's cost is your avatar. By submitting a wrestler in the Avatar Rumble, you are acknowledging that you will change your avatar to be an avatar of the winning entrant, and maintain it for ONE FULL MONTH afterwards.

-- The Rumble will take place the day before the actual Royal Rumble. It will be announced in here what the time will be but expect it to be in the evening for Americans.

-- It will be broadcast on Twitch - http://twitch.tv/sunnybuns is the channel that will be streaming it.

-- If you welch on your bet (don't switch avatars) you will be juniored. We have admin support on this. Live up to your bet.

-- There will NOT be an announced list of who's entered - that makes it more fun. Feel free to spoil your entry if you wish, but there will not be a master list and the entrants are RANDOMIZED. Earthquake could very well be #30.
24 hours before the WWE Rumble.

t1422147600z1.png

In addition, Aiiii is running a pool where every entrant is given a number from 1-30 at random, and if this number corresponds with the entry number of the Royal Rumble winner, you win! No prizes, just sweet sweet bragging rights.
GAF Rumble Lottery

Right, so all you need to do is enter your GAF username in the form right here: http://goo.gl/forms/uSPTpMNg3d

Please use your exact username as it is on GAF, obviously. You can enter throughout Sunday, list will likely be made available around 5 PM EST that day. I am European and I cannot accept entries after this time due to being asleep and all, so make sure to enter in time. I will make as many 30-person lists as usernames allow, with the remainder making up the final list randomly. This means that multiple people will have the s

Aiii

So not worth it
GAF Rumble Lottery

Right, so all you need to do is enter your GAF username in the form right here: http://goo.gl/forms/uSPTpMNg3d

Please use your exact username as it is on GAF, obviously. You can enter throughout Sunday, list will likely be made available around 5 PM EST that day. I am European and I cannot accept entries after this time due to being asleep and all, so make sure to enter in time. I will make as many 30-person lists as usernames allow, with the remainder making up the final list randomly. This means that multiple people will have the same number, of course.

*sigh*

I'm gonna watch it.

Maybe I'll actually post in Wrestlegaf when I do. I typically just lurk that thread (as I do with most community threads that are not WoW related)

God, that card is terrible.

I guess I should invite people over or something.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Daniel Bryans wins the RR...

tumblr_nb4h1gEQZp1sl4ryio5_500.gif

edit: damn it funky, now I have to find a new gif >_<

edit2: there :p

The prize for the Rumble Lottery should be a pass to change your avatar back after the Rumble rather than having to spend the full month with a Hama avatar.

Tagyhag

I remember last WR when Cesaro won the Andre trophy and thought good things would be headed his way.

Now he's just the pre-show for the RR.

Hasney

Wish the Outlaws were returning against someone better, but the pre show and the main event shall make up for that.

UberTag

God, that card is terrible.

I guess I should invite people over or something.
If you're inviting friends over and not enemies/people just want to get drunk with, I suggest you kick off the night's festivities by watching New Japan on AXS Ep 3 featuring the Tanahashi vs. Okada match from Invasion Attack 2013. Should help soften the blow of any Rumble disappointment.

Cagey

Banned
Billy Gunn is by far the best dude in that tag match and in by far the best shape. In 2015. Ascension smh.

If you're inviting friends over and not enemies/people just want to get drunk with, I suggest you kick off the night's festivities by watching New Japan on AXS Ep 3 featuring the Tanahashi vs. Okada match from Invasion Attack 2013. Should help soften the blow of any Rumble disappointment.

I'll remember this. Thanks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We in there

Looking forward to watching the Avatar Rumble AND Royal Rumble with y'all.

Let's go Hama!
OhA88QN.gif

Time for Kane to at last take that rumble elimination record for himself (suck it HBK) by eliminating Bryan, planting the seeds for a blockbuster mania match.

Nah, just kidding, they'll just add more participants to the rumble so Reigns can eliminate them all and set the new record.

Scottify

Personally, I'm hoping for a dark horse win from someone no one is expecting. Someone like Sandow or Luke Harper or even Adam Rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom