• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Sheamus returns and eliminates Bryan from the Rumble.

Bryan vs. Sheamus at Wrestlemania.

There is a 75% chance of this happening.

Valravn

So will the Dudley Boyz return?

Get up, get up, get up.

Fandango will win the Rumble. Belee dat.
I think it will be Randy Orton btw.

Ingeniero

Wrestling died for me when Edge retired
CZooEXr.png
I may watch this just for fun.

Hasney

LOL Sting in the rumble???? No way, what would he do? He cant win in, so he doesnt have to be there...his first match has to be a win :D

Nah, not in a Rumble match. He could come down, clean house then while he's the only guy in the rung, have the authority come out for some beatdowns but HHH either distracts him or throws him out himself to setup towards Mania.

However, there's no storyline reason for him to be in unless it's clarified on Raw. Like Vince put him in or something above the authorities head.

I am a fan of Paige. Outside of being cute as fuck, she actually is doing a lot to making the 'diva' aspect a little more than a pandering panty-and-bras tickle fight. Some of these matches are actually fun to watch.

paige4.gif

It's tradition with my friends to make a drinking game of The Rumble each year. I'm really looking forward to making my picks after a couple shots.

UberTag

I wonder what Corporate Sheamus will look like. His wacky facial hair is not conducive to a threatening corporate image.

20150119_RAW_Exclusive_Sheamus.jpg

And he doesn't exactly look threatening in a suit under any circumstances...

Micah-Jesse-Interviewing-Sheamus-WWE-Creative-Coalition-Be-A-STAR-Bronx-Rally-600x400.jpg

I'm guessing he's bald underneath that cap so he should just shave off the beard and go with the Snitsky clean-shaven look. He also needs to learn how to scowl.

061107snitsky2bj4.jpg

I think Sheamus can pull this off.

Jamie OD

The last unpredictable win was 07 I think, the Rumble winner was telegraphed every other year since then, not that it was unpredictable in the attitude era either.

Sheamus in 2012 is closer. Many thought Chris Jericho was going to win it especially when it was down to just those two.

UberTag

Sheamus in 2012 is closer. Many thought Chris Jericho was going to win it especially when it was down to just those two.
Yeah, Y2J was the favorite there... although they still managed to find a way to set up his main event title program with Punk anyhow. It was a swerve for the Rumble match but not one that impacted Mania booking in any way.

I would say both Cena's return in 2008 and Edge's return in 2010 (both from injury sabbaticals that were supposed to last much longer) were also surprises.

Orton in 2009, Del Rio in 2011, Cena in 2013 and Batista last year were all landslide favorites. As is Roman Reigns this year.

If you switch Sheamus for Bo Dallas, I would be ok with it.

Even if Bo has to take the pin at Mania it would still put him in a higher tier than he's in now.

Also, Bo has to get revenge on Bryan for that sick burn last year. There is some continuity.

Nah, not in a Rumble match. He could come down, clean house then while he's the only guy in the rung, have the authority come out for some beatdowns but HHH either distracts him or throws him out himself to setup towards Mania.

However, there's no storyline reason for him to be in unless it's clarified on Raw. Like Vince put him in or something above the authorities head.

Ok I could live with that, but only if he does it Shawn Michaels zipline style from the rafters...or TNA-style when he sat in the crowd wearing a mask of himself :D :D :D

Browny

Banned
Nice OT, Flam...

May as well post my entirely bold predictions here too:

Royal Rumble Prediction No 1: Bo Dallas returns and wrestles 10 minutes plus, microphone in hand, wishing all his opponents the best of luck before throwing them out, in a WWE "homage" to Phil Brookes' run the other year.

Royal Rumble Prediction No. 2 - shenanigans at the end
potentially leading to a triple threat at WM
. ***

Royal Rumble Prediction No. 3 Papa Shango finally returns (although he may use his Godfather gimmick)

Royal Rumble Prediction no.4: RVD to be a "surprise entrant".

*** Admittedly I made this prediction before they made the title match a triple threat, so perhaps not...

enewtabie

If they don't do Bryan I would be surprised. They have strapped a rocket on Roman, but he needs to go back to promo class with Dusty in NXT. He is terrible on the mic and his moveset is less than Cena's .

Is the Rumble the last match?

If so I would have Cena beat Lesnar and Rollins, then have Rollins as #30 against D.Bryan at the end. Bryan would win

If they don't do Bryan I would be surprised. They have strapped a rocket on Roman, but he needs to go back to promo class with Dusty in NXT. He is terrible on the mic and his moveset is less than Cena's .

Is the Rumble the last match?

If so I would have Cena beat Lesnar and Rollins, then have Rollins as #30 against D.Bryan at the end. Bryan would win

Since Cena would pin Rollins and then Rollins would have to lose again to Bryan, I really don't like that scenario. Rollins is the top (working) heel right now and needs to come out of this PPV strong before Mania.

UberTag

Never fear. The WWE didn't have Roman speak at all on RAW and they did a dozen takes of his taped interview for Smackdown so he actually managed to sound decent and did not quote any nursery rhymes. Bryan was also ordered to make his promos sound shitty by comparison.

So crisis averted. Roman is ready for the big time.

Never fear. The WWE didn't have Roman speak at all on RAW and they did a dozen takes of his taped interview for Smackdown so he actually managed to sound decent and did not quote any nursery rhymes. Brian was also ordered to make his promos sound shitty by comparison.

So crisis averted. Roman is ready for the big time.

I could honestly see Roman becoming the face of Smackdown as much as Bryan seems to want that spot. It makes a lot more sense for Roman who needs his promos done backstage and cut appropriately.

UberTag

I could honestly see Roman becoming the face of Smackdown as much as Bryan seems to want that spot. It makes a lot more sense for Roman who needs his promos done backstage and cut appropriately.
Roman will be the face of both shows. Have you seen the new RAW opening?

enewtabie

Since Cena would pin Rollins and then Rollins would have to lose again to Bryan, I really don't like that scenario. Rollins is the top (working) heel right now and needs to come out of this PPV strong before Mania.

I was looking to a match with those two since their ring work is so good. I was kinda thinking Rollins would stomp Brock and Cena take advantage. Yeah he's a face,but
I would like that. I could see Rusev and Reigns working something because of rumble. Not Wrestlemania of course.

Hasney

What are the chances of CM Punk being #30 and going on to face Brock at mania?

It's too obvious at this point. Not sure if they'll save Vince coming out until Raw, but I'm sure Bret being in on the screwjob and Russo running WCW into the ground will be saved for the road to Wrestlemania. then they'll send Brock for one fight in the UFC as a "goodwill gesture for stringing them along", but he F5's Dana leading to Punk and Brock at Mania where Brock lies down, Punk gets the pin and speical ref Dana White does a fast count for no good reason on top of that.

If they do something different, blame Vince's constant rewrites.

I was looking to a match with those two since their ring work is so good. I was kinda thinking Rollins would stomp Brock and Cena take advantage. Yeah he's a face,but
I would like that. I could see Rusev and Reigns working something because of rumble. Not Wrestlemania of course.

Rusev and Reigns wouldn't be a bad idea but I'm not sure I want to see Rusev lose to him.

UberTag

Rusev and Reigns wouldn't be a bad idea but I'm not sure I want to see Rusev lose to him.
Never fear. Rusev will lose to Cena. That will be much worse.
Cena is where all promising young heels go to die.
Just like all old washed-up has been wrestlers go to TNA to die.

Rusev will be in a comedy tag team with Zack Ryder before the end of the year.

Browny

Banned
It's too obvious at this point. Not sure if they'll save Vince coming out until Raw, but I'm sure Bret being in on the screwjob and Russo running WCW into the ground will be saved for the road to Wrestlemania. then they'll send Brock for one fight in the UFC as a "goodwill gesture for stringing them along", but he F5's Dana leading to Punk and Brock at Mania where Brock lies down, Punk gets the pin and speical ref Dana White does a fast count for no good reason on top of that.

If they do something different, blame Vince's constant rewrites.

tumblr_mji42eijPx1s7juhuo1_250.gif

I would mark out like a little bitch if this happened. Or anything even resembling it. Hell, just bring back Russo.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What are the chances of CM Punk being #30 and going on to face Brock at mania?

L-O-L

Do people actually want that fool around? Seriously?

Did you miss his UFC contract?

Radec

So.. if Reigns wins at the rumble, what's WM gonna be ?

Reigns vs Brock
Tripple H vs Sting
Cena vs Seth Rollins
The Rock vs Rusev

Reigns wins then Rollins cashes in.

So.. if Reigns wins at the rumble, what's WM gonna be ?

Reigns vs Brock
Tripple H vs Sting
Cena vs Seth Rollins
The Rock vs Rusev

Reigns wins then Rollins cashes in.

The Rock will not be at Wrestlemania this year. He's busy. Same with Batista.

Rollins coming out on top at Wrestlemania would be the way I'd end it.

Striker

Sting vs Hunter just seems like the worst. Actually Sting vs anyone in the 'E right now is. Taker is fragile and Shawn is retired. If they would use it as an "end the Authority" angle, would it not be better to use someone who could use the rub, like Ziggler or Ryback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom