• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Royal Rumble 2015 |OT| 30 Men enter. Roman remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I haven't watched WWE in months because it was boring me and I just stopped giving a shit. But Royal Rumble seems like an appropriate time to give it another shot. Has Bryan returned yet?

Toki767

I bet it's the Rumble. Triple threat seems like a good match, but doesn't have the buzz to star as the main event when the Royal Rumble is involved.

If Rollins is winning the title, that's probably going on last.

I would definitely expect the Rumble to go on last for obvious reasons though.

1. If Bryan wins, the fans are sent home happy with a big celebration.
2. If Bryan loses, they want to be able to go off the air quickly before fans shit on the finish too much.

Prompto

Banned
RR14_Photo_214-4113817551.jpg

UberTag

So , is the rumble last or is the triple threat?
Normally, I'd argue that the Rumble match should always close this PPV - and I suspect that will be the case here as well - but they really ought to consider closing with the triple threat considering the outcome they have planned for the Rumble match and because it's far less predictable a match result.

Since 1999, the Rumble has only failed to be the main event of the card on two occasions... in 2006, when they had the ring gimmicked to collapse upon a surprise return of The Undertaker to challenge Kurt Angle and in 2013 when The Rock won his first world championship since hitting it big in Hollywood.

So the safe money is on the Rumble match closing out the show with Roman Reigns' music playing and him pointing to the WrestleMania sign while quoting a Looney Tunes character of some kind.

Chopper

Reigns isn't going to win.

If the Rumble match comes before the triple threat, then I might start to worry. But otherwise, the idea of a) Reigns ending the show pointing at the Wrestlemania sign, and b) Reigns actually being in the Wrestlemania main event are completely laughable.

In a perfect world, this would be Zig's time to shine(again).

Or Luke Harper, pointing at the 'mania sign going "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Reigns isn't going to win.

If the Rumble match comes before the triple threat, then I might start to worry. But otherwise, the idea of a) Reigns ending the show pointing at the Wrestlemania sign, and b) Reigns actually being in the Wrestlemania main event are completely laughable.

I saw this exact post about Batista last year.

Courage

Daniel Bryan isn't winning, lol. He already had his Wrestlemania glory last year. They're gonna push Reigns cause McMahon touches himself thinking about him.

Lum1n3s

Daniel Bryan isn't winning, lol. He already had his Wrestlemania glory last year. They're gonna push Reigns cause McMahon touches himself thinking about him.
I thought McMahon still wanted to push Cena while Triple H wants to push Reigns. Is this still the case or no?

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
My money is on a N3DS XL adapter winning the rumble.

UberTag

I want Randy to win.

Who else is #TeamRKO ?
I'll hop on board this bandwagon. If only because he's the only plausible alternative to Reigns they might actually choose to run with.

Let Roman beat the one who beat the 21-1... but don't have it be for the title.
Rollins vs. Orton for the title at Mania is just fine by me.

Reigns has only had one singles PPV match EVER. He is literally the least ready person on the entire roster to take on Brock at the biggest show of the year.
You're completely right. Which is EXACTLY why the WWE will go that route.

Alo0oy

Banned
I'll hop on board this bandwagon. If only because he's the only plausible alternative to Reigns they might actually choose to run with.

Let Roman beat the one who beat the 21-1... but don't have it be for the title.
Rollins vs. Orton for the title at Mania is just fine by me.

Rollins wins the title + Orton wins the Rumble = Orton vs Rollins at WM, that would be awesome.

I hope Orton comes out of nowhere and RKOs Reigns and stopping him from winning the rumble.

That would be amazing, therefore it won't happen.

Atouba

Hype!
Will go to bed on sunday 8pm to watch the royal rumble on monday 2am! (after that another 2 hours of sleep before getting up to work :D)
Hope that Reigns will not win - Bryan would be awesome!

At least Batista was an established star. They just fucked up his return reeeeaaaal bad. Reigns is nothing at this point in his career.

As if that will stop Vince.

Reigns winning is going to annoy me, but the rumbles are usually fun. So I'm in to watch this as my first wrestling related thing not named Botchamania since WM30.

Hanmik

I haven´t seen a Royal Rumble since the early 90´s.. lol

what time is this in the UK..? Sunday at midnight..? and how long does such a show last..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom