• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Ubisoft’s Upcoming ‘Assassin’s Creed Hexe’ Will Be “The Gayest Assassin’s Creed Yet”

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Animated GIF

Kurotri

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Well he did say it's not anywhere near Valhalla numbers, for what it's worth :messenger_tears_of_joy: Tom has a good track record especially regarding AC so I believe him
I'm sure he does. A lot of information will also be fed to him from what they want told as well. Narratives and all that gravy.

Jaybe

You know, I wish some people – and that goes both for on here and on social media – would learn some media analysis and start investigating the validity of shit like this, instead of blindly trusting it all at face value. This is the sort of fake shit that builds up a narrative in people's minds and leads to all this 'anti-woke' nonsense.

I think the rage bait stuff is certainly over done, however mainstream gaming media can’t be trusted on some of this either. In the case of Sweet Baby Inc being called out earlier this year, every single mainstream gaming press that was called in to defend the company, completely and likely purposefully, ignored that one of Sweet Baby Inc own employees set off the firestorm by calling for a mass reporting campaign against a Steam user. Why? I’m not sure. Press friends protect gaming company friends and help drive the narrative they want, obfuscating or removing facts, particularly anything that touches on DEI based issues.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I feel guily for saying this because I posted the video in the article in some other thread for shits n giggles, but do not believe this guy. He's just a shitposter taking advantage of the drama from what I can see. Tom Henderson already disproved it.
Yeah I watched the video and I’d take it with a huge grain of salt. Seems like it’s designed to provoke rage by confirming people’s worst speculations. Some of the other stuff he said:

- Shadows originally had a Japanese protagonist who had a model + some animations done before they replaced him with Yasuke

- the decision to swap the MC was made because of the BLM protests/riots

- Ubisoft honestly thought that having a black MC would be a huge selling point for the game

- preorders only 7% of what Valhalla had in the same timeframe

Yeahh…. I dunno. Maybe it’s true but I’m gonna need a more reliable source before I get my pitchfork. Anyway this might all be moot considering Ubisoft might go bankrupt before we ever get Assassin’s Creed: The Acolyte

Humdinger

Endymion exaggerates, but I don't have much trouble believing the basics. If the setting is the witch trials, it will naturally be a female-centric game, and it will be ripe for feminist messaging about how men are bad and women are wonderful. I mean, it's almost predictable. And it's Ubisoft, so I don't find it hard to believe at all.

Wouldn't surprise me. They've probably been working on the concept for this game for years. Seeing their other output this doesn't seem out of the ordinary. Recent backlash might still change their mind though. If it is even true of course.

DAHGAMING

As long as there not them butch dykes and there sexys slags finger blasting and licking the fuck out of each others fish pockets then im all in. I was worried it was going to be geezas cocks out every 20mins, groaning and slapping noises coming out my tv.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
"I command you to be a lesbo!"

"No!"

"Tie her up and burn her!"

Yeahh…. I dunno. Maybe it’s true but I’m gonna need a more reliable source before I get my pitchfork. Anyway this might all be moot considering Ubisoft might go bankrupt before we ever get Assassin’s Creed: The Acolyte
Bankruptcy speedrun
I took a very quick skim of their financials on Yahoo finance. I dont think they'll go bankrupt. They do make profit every year. And someone posted a 10 year chart a couple weeks ago showing they almost always make profit.

Two things I dont like though.

1. A lot of their asset value (about 40% $2B out of $5B) is god awful Goodwill and Intangibles. That;s subjective stuff like brand value and if they bought out any companies over the years, the excess overpayment goes there

2. Cash Flow is negative a lot lately (hundreds of million per year for 2022, 2023, 2024. That'll catch up with ay company especially ones like UBI which arent gigantic corporations.

Who knows. Outlaws and AC delay will kill their financials next quarter or two. After that shakes out will really be interesting. If they dont rebound and keep going like this for another year or two, maybe they do wave the white flag.

Last edited:

Astray

yeah......I'm not believing for a second that this guy has any legit "sources".
That guy somehow has sources in 2-3 different studios simultaneously telling him things that conveniently fit his shitty content.

Like I disagree with the Concord $400m stuff, but you can see it because Colin used to have contacts as an industry insider. On the other hand, this guy has shown zero credibility as a leaker whatsoever, so why is he being believed like this?

KINGMOKU

I see a ton of posts stating "Oh this is from *insert person* so it's not true"

Sure. 100% could be the case. There are grifters galore out there these days, looking for that dopamine, and cash high.

With that said, we have all seen some absolutely crazy ass shit, that has bombed in spectacular fashion because it went off the rails so far, no one in their right mind thought it was going to be a success, which brings me to my point;

This sounds exactly like something that could be absolutely true, because of the wackadoo times we live in, where companies(I don't CARE the industry)are losing BILLIONS on obvious turds on the drawing board.

Do I believe rumours? Nope. I need to see the receipts. Do I believe this could be a real game? You bet your ASS.

Top Bottom