• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.KU.MU

Banned
AavoV.jpg

Believe.

AceBandage said:
Because fans think completely about form, and little about function.
It's easy to make something that looks good.
It's much harder to make something that looks good and actually is good to use.

actually i'd say it's quite the opposite , the majority of mockups look terrible but probably would function the way the creator imagines.
it's easy to make something that would function and/or to a set of specifications
it's much harder to make that look good and actually be good to use ....
and be cost effective on top of that

Touch

blame space said:
what if nintendo finally makes a pokemon game for this console
What if they don't? :O Seriously though, would a 3D action/adventure sandbox Pokemon title be accepted or shunned? I think it would be awesome to venture around the Pokemon world in a 3D environment becoming a Pokemon Master.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
AniHawk said:
then it will be terrible like pokemon battle revolution, pokemon xd, pokemon coliseum, etc etc.
None of those games were made by Game Freak and none of them have the effort put into a real Pokemon game.

It probably won't ever happen though. The 3DS can do good 3D (polygonal) graphics, so I don't see why it would really matter, anyways. They can pretty much make a "console" game on the 3DS.

Pyrokai

plex said:
No comments at all on my concept? :(

I definitely liked yours a lot. Very creative, and it goes with a lot of stuff we've been hearing lately. Who knows if the actual thing will even resemble it at all though :p

Doorman

DoomXploder7 said:
i dont even know what i'm supposed to be believing, what the heck is that.
^^

So Cafe as in...it's actually a coffee table! It even comes with drink-holder rings that can hold your cup sideways. Far more revolutionary than those old and busted vertical cupholders.

I just don't think a console Pokemon is really wanted by the majority of fans. Pokemon is too much of a social game. Trading on the playgrounds, buses, ect.
What they should do is try to make a more... adult? No... more modern version that's kind of like Monster Hunter, but you use the monsters to fight for you.

Doorman said:
^^

So Cafe as in...it's actually a coffee table! It even comes with drink-holder rings that can hold your cup sideways. Far more revolutionary than those old and busted vertical cupholders.

microsoft surface collaboration, omg megatonz guys.

donny2112

So, uh, maybe this has been mentioned in the last few pages, but AR cards. For the 3DS. Uses the camera to put "something else" in the picture with you (i.e. EyeToy, immersion type stuff). Maybe the controller is used to put game objects in the real world with you to find. Sort of expand the game playing to outside just the TV. It'd be like in Four Swords Adventure when you'd go underground and move to the GBA, except it'd use the camera to include your living room with the game world.

6" diagonal screen is still to freaking huge for any reasonable controller, but maybe it really meant 3"x2" screen (e.g. 480x320).

antonz

donny2112 said:
So, uh, maybe this has been mentioned in the last few pages, but AR cards. For the 3DS. Uses the camera to put "something else" in the picture with you (i.e. EyeToy, immersion type stuff). Maybe the controller is used to put game objects in the real world with you to find. Sort of expand the game playing to outside just the TV. It'd be like in Four Swords Adventure when you'd go underground and move to the GBA, except it'd use the camera to include your living room with the game world.

6" diagonal screen is still to freaking huge for any reasonable controller, but maybe it really meant 3"x2" screen (e.g. 480x320).
I could see AR being one of those built in things for sure if screen and camera in controller is real.

donny2112 said:

The problem is, the camera faces the user, so it would be useless for AR.

M3d10n

All these mockups look like ugly handhelds. If this thing does have a screen, why would Nintendo make it look like a handheld, when they have a handheld of their own? It would cause huge confusion among consumers, with their console actually being a handheld you cannot take outside home.

I really want Capcom to bring a new Monster Hunter and Resident Evil to WiiHD. Give a logo at E3 and I'll be satisfied.

J-Rock said:
Missing Queen Beyoncé.

hyduK said:
They definitely captured the feel of a real ocean. Vast and empty.
I see the shade, but you will not come for the second best Zelda ever.

midonnay

Pocks said:
Throughput for bluetooth is 2.1 Mbps.. might work for a 852x480 compressed video

Anyone have a more technical understanding of video via bluetooth?

802.11ad uses the 60ghz spectrum which allows multi-gbps transfer speeds

historically, there have been physical limitations that require line of sight for it to work properly at that band but a possible solution is using multi array beamforming antennas to allow non-line of sight use within the living room.

midonnay said:
802.11ad uses the 60ghz spectrum which allows multi-gbps transfer speeds

historically, there have been physical limitations that require line of sight for it to work properly at that band but a possible solution is using multi array beamforming antennas to allow non-line of sight use within the living room.
Sounds expensive. I don't know about an antenna with a bunch of aerials poking out.

Log4Girlz

Triton55 said:
cofftablebook.jpg

Final surprise confirmed. The beauty of Project Cafe is that, if you don't have a coffee table, it turns into a coffee table.

Are you saying by posting that pic that there will never be a black version of the console?

*hides*

Instro

I just dont really see how this 6 inch screen would fit on a controller, its its too damn big and really makes me doubt that piece of info. Only things that might make sense is some sort of clamshell or slide design, or that there are no physical buttons except for triggers and shoulder buttons.

I mean if you assume the 6 inch screen is being jammed into the center of the controller, the controller itself could easily push out to 9-10 inches total in length. Just doesnt add up at all.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Zeal said:
what is this, an art sculpture from beetlejuice.

oh wait, nevermind, i get it. penis pump of the future. you start with blue, and green is your final goal, right.
One arm hole for child, one for older person.
qpnmeq.jpg

Fourth Storm said:
3 parts is way too complicated for any controller, and certainly one from Nintendo. They may be trying to get the hardcore back, but they are not going to abandon casuals. This is a GAF delusion.

It'll have to be 2 parts, with the screen being attached to one.

Just my 2 cents...
How?
The Wii has 2 parts for normal use and 3 parts for the added M+.

Zeal

Banned
the only thing i'm asking for is traditional analog sticks and no digital-only controls. i just don't like the idea of a screen with digital buttons only. nothing beats gripping the real thing.

and i still think the thing will look similar to the NGP in design, based on what's leaked.

apana

wonderfuldays said:
I think "ohhhhhh nooooo, WTF is that? Nintendoooomed" is inevitable at beginning.

I just don't see much that can be done with just a touchscreen in terms of exciting consumers. Maybe there is some new tech in there but if it's just a classic controller with a six inch touch screen in the middle I think it's a big mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom