• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Wii 2 at E3; 6" Touch Controller [Up: Cafe Header On Nintendo Site, More]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuKanSan

so can the OP get updated with all the new rumor stuff or not? searching through 234 pages to find the latest rumors is getting to be a daunting task

antonz

Doorman said:
Is this like an announcement of an announcement?

I heard a rumor that a rumor is out there somewhere...
Its basically them reporting on 01net.

Right now the Gaming Press in general is giving 01net alot of attention because of the NGP situation. Though truthfully the NGP situation was handled alot differently than the Wii2 stuff. It was hard facts verus admitted speculation.

They could have lots of fun with the level of attenton placed on them.

Medalion

Banned
Yo dawg we herd ya like rumors, so some developers quoted shit so they can quote while you quote, so you can speculate while you speculate

Azure J

Holy crap, this thread is a rollercoaster going from standard strength hype to JESUS FUCK MY FACE IS MELTING HYPE.

The last few pages from the fake impressions, to resolving "aww, well something good's bound to leak", to the Gamekyo quote on Rockstar and 01net upping their thoughts on the system's potential and then all the wack stuff on the controller is just too much for me. :lol

Between this thread, the new Kenshin anime, and Sonic Generations, I predict a lot more hype time on GAF. And nowhere gets hype like GAF does.

Doorman

AzureJericho said:
Between this thread, the new Kenshin anime, and Sonic Generations, I predict a lot more hype time on GAF. And nowhere gets hype like GAF does.
Off topic I know but WAIT WHAT?! Looks like I have some research to do!

MisterHero

the only thing I'm nervous about Wii 2 becoming a "lead platform" of sorts is that devs will make it as DLC-heavy as the other platforms were this generation, while if the versions for the PS3/360's successors will be released as 'complete editions'

oh well I guess. actually getting the games is good too

Effect

Haunted said:
eCwjI.png

Off topic. I've seen this image used several times, altered in different ways. What movie is that from?

ombz

AzureJericho said:
Holy crap, this thread is a rollercoaster going from standard strength hype to JESUS FUCK MY FACE IS MELTING HYPE.

The last few pages from the fake impressions, to resolving "aww, well something good's bound to leak", to the Gamekyo quote on Rockstar and 01net upping their thoughts on the system's potential and then all the wack stuff on the controller is just too much for me. :lol

I suspect E3 is going to be really disappointing for many people.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Wait...I'm a little confused as to why GTA V would be massive news? Unless all you own is a Wii and all you plan to own in the future is Wii 2.

It would be great, yeah, and not outside the realm of possibility. Do some of you think it's an exclusive or something?

beje

Banned
So, why don't we focus on more plausible features that might be there?

For example, if we take into account that with the 3DS they fixed the biggest flaws that completely fucked up Wii's potential due to poor and not future-proofed software engineering:
- OS not resident on background
- Sub-par internal storage, that made a complete OS overhaul completely impossible (just the old OS and IOS, needed for old games, take half the available space)
- Different friend codes per game for a quick re-use of NDS infrastructure

And the desperate measures they took in a "we fucked up big time and this is the best we can do" way:
- WiiSpeak channel for (very limited and useless due to OS limitations) voice chat
- Fridge patch + SDHC support

We can assume we will actually have a very complete social system. Objections?

MisterHero

chubigans said:
Wait...I'm a little confused as to why GTA V would be massive news? Unless all you own is a Wii and all you plan to own in the future is Wii 2.

It would be great, yeah, and not outside the realm of possibility. Do some of you think it's an exclusive or something?
the GTA V logo will look great as a tatoo on Reggie's arm

Ashodin

FunkyPajamas said:
Memento. Must see.
fuckin awesome movie. really mindbending too.

Also dude looks like michael weston in the movie.

Strong with the force I feel is GTAV. Considering the console is even "somewhat better than the 360" and THAT comment is based on old infos from way back, it still would run better than current consoles, meaning it would be definitive either way.

Plus, can YOU think of any other Rockstar game that would come out in 2012 that is being developed? I can't.

Effect

beje said:
So, why don't we focus on more plausible features that might be there?

For example, if we take into account that with the 3DS they fixed the biggest flaws that completely fucked up Wii's potential due to poor and not future-proofed software engineering:
- OS not resident on background
- Sub-par internal storage, that made a complete OS overhaul completely impossible (just the old OS and IOS, needed for old games, take half the available space)
- Different friend codes per game for a quick re-use of NDS infrastructure

And the desperate measures they took in a "we fucked up big time and this is the best we can do" way:
- WiiSpeak channel for (very limited and useless due to OS limitations) voice chat
- Fridge patch + SDHC support

Based on the 3DS I think their OS going forward is going to be fine. They can always update as well. There is a decent amount of storage in the 3DS and that gives a good feeling going forward with the next system.

They know they can not screw up the storage and their online system. PSN and Xbox Live especially are to well develop for them to screw up. It's a do or die situation in that regard. 3rd parties expect it and want it. Gamers expect it and want it. If Nintendo is serious about third party support they'll provide a platform on par with the other two have. They have no choice in the matter. The fact that Iwata himself admits the mistakes made with the Wii makes me feel better about the next system on this fronts.

Retro

beje said:

None here, I think Nintendo has had, say... a console cycle and a half... to figure out that online features aren't a gimmick and can generate some substantial coin for very little upfront cost (i.e. Virtual Console). Nothing will replace people on the couch next to you, but that's not an option for all of us and I hope they get that this time around.

Plus deep down I want to believe that somebody at Nintendo is making an online RPG ala Phantasy Star Online (OH MY GOD, MAYBE PSO2 WILL BE FOR THE WII2!) or, say... The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords 2 (which is, what... 8 swords?).

Edit: Fuck, and Monster Hunter Tri with a decent Online Framework... yum

sfried

AceBandage said:
Programmable shaders and multicores is pretty much given, even without these rumors.
How would we know? This is Nintendo after all.

I could see it from now: "Nintendo dropped the ball on this one" GAF says, yet Nintendo themselves have yet to make any announcement on actual hardware.

AceBandage said:
Only people that have unreasonable expectations.
And that would be like...GAF right? And the millions of other people who have "given up on Nintendo. It's over, they're finished."?

I remain unfazed by these rumors.

antonz said:

lol, indeed. My buying the console wouldn`t really have anything to do with GTAV (though I`d still play and love GTAV)... I was thinking more along the lines of if the console IS getting GTAV, then I think that means great things for third party support. Also I was exaggerating quite a bit, I`ll probably end up buying it regardless

sfried said:
How would we know? This is Nintendo after all.

I could see it from now: "Nintendo dropped the ball on this one" GAF says, yet Nintendo themselves have yet to make any announcement on actual hardware.

And that would be like...GAF right? And the millions of other people who have "given up on Nintendo. It's over, they're finished."?

I remain unfazed by these rumors.

Because the 3DS has both of those already...?

WillyFive

Just making sure, I just want to remind everyone that according to Nintendo this console does not exist.

Everything we are going by in this thread are talk and rumors.

sfried

AceBandage said:
Because the 3DS has both of those already...?
I thought 3DS has fixed function shaders due to battery life but programable vertex shaders for other things?
joedick said:
Most of the fun of E3 is watching nerd meltdowns on the internet.
Too many "shots fired" I'm guessing.

joedick

Willy105 said:
Just making sure, I just want to remind everyone that according to Nintendo this console does not exist.

Everything we are going by in this thread are talk and rumors.

No, they're rumors and speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom