• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 |OT| Let's Get All-Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydle

It was all about the lipsync. There is never an absolute winner, unless you're ChiChi, but all Alaska did on stage was flip her fingers and open her mouth. It didn't even match the song.

I think Ru is looking for girls who can get a crowd going, so it makes no sense to pick Phi Phi's predictable routine over Alaska who is staying in character and getting some laughs.

We can disagree on this one.

Shizuka

I think posts like this are silly on Facebook, but I need to ask you guys:

k1D2Dje.jpg

Which one would you choose?

I'm getting the fuck down to Tatianna's song version of The Same Parts.
A shame she didn't invest in a music video. ):

Queen plz ruturn next ep.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
where are all the ru-ups

same, there were some winners I was just eh on (bob being one of them... I don't like his style but I really like his activism and he is funny as hell) but Tyra getting the crown was honestly a mistake imo.

it's also interesting that they've never crowned anyone as awful again.
Even before it started it seemed obvious AS2 existed to give Alaska the crown in the same way AS1 existed to give it to Chad. Nothing against either of them, they both deserve it.

This last episode I gagged at Lil' Poundcake, that's the kind of thing that shows why Alaska deserves to stand in the winners line-up to me, it's not always about the best look for me, it's about concepts, ideas, humour and delivering on-brand - she did it in the variety show, she did it in Snatch Game too.

Based on critiques, I thought Roxxy should go home because Alyssa's runway was fun and had a good concept that worked for her, and Roxxy was pretty but boring for me and she did terrible in the acting challenge. So did Alyssa, but... well, like came up in this episode, she's Alyssa - her fucking face is enough to make you want to see her stick around.

I think Katya has just as many ideas and as much twisted humour as Alaska but she never takes it all the way, like the future of drag runway, the hair was out of sight, but the dress was blah, and this last challenge, the payoff was a fun idea but the reveal was blah and the end look didn't take it over the top. I want her to push herself more, much more.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Putting aside my dislike for her character, what is the appeal of Roxy? She can't act or sing and she has no humour. The most I can say for her is that she occasionally has a good outfit, but never a creative outfit.

Yet she has a ton fans, and Raja and Raven seem to live for her and I just. don't. get. it.

mantidor

Putting aside my dislike for her character, what is the appeal of Roxy? She can't act or sing and she has no humour. The most I can say for her is that she occasionally has a good outfit, but never a creative outfit.

Yet she has a ton fans, and Raja and Raven seem to live for her and I just. don't. get. it.

Her outfits and looks are pretty consistent, they range between good and amazing, I disagree completely with you.

Her rest of her talents are weaker, that's for sure.

KiN0

Her looks are always polished, and she is one of the fiercest runway queens the show has ever had. I agree that her talents in other areas are lacking though.

Frankly, I feel like the producers brought her back in hopes that she would stir up drama. Lucky for her, she's actually playing the game right this time, by which I mean she's not playing it at all.

okno

The thing that gets me about Roxxxy is that she has shown us that she CAN be a character and she CAN act, but she definitely gets way into her own head sometimes and sabotages her own character.

I haaaaated Roxxxy during Season 5's airing. After watching it again, I learned to love her. She's fucking gorgeous in drag. Out of drag, I don't hate. Not my type, but she cute. Now, I can see she wants to turn out and represent, and I respect that, but she's letting the competition get to her, again, and she's not being true to form. It's pretty clear she doesn't really know or understand who she really, truly, wants to be. She wants to be the pageant queen, but she also wants to be the funny, creative clown at the same time, and she can't seem to make ends meet.

This season is so brilliant.
It really is.

At first it felt really cunty and it shocked me a bit, but it's really what most of us have been wanting right? And All Stars gives them the opportunity to go in a bit more because it's not their first time at the rodeo.

Preview clip of tonight's episode is up on Entertainment Weekly. This is going to be an incredible episode!
Dat moment when you realise you dun goofed.... and it's season 4 all over again.

x2scrap8vsg9.png

I just discovered Logo on my cable package today. I also discovered that the Todrick Hall on the show isn't the Todrick Hall that is supposed to be on the show.
09000f208b454fce84d0266b0f412555.png

Dat moment when you realise you dun goofed.... and it's season 4 all over again.

x2scrap8vsg9.png

Delicious. A part of Phi Phi died when Alyssa strutted back in. You can see fear in her eyes -- she's well aware that a target is painted on her back now. You goin' down, bitch!

*grab popcorn*

B-Dex

I hope phi-phi goes tonight. She clearly can't keep herself from turning into an overcompetative bitch. No rudemption for her. Despite her drag talent increasing 10-fold.

B-Dex

Cause she was sloppy.

I guess she was just jelly and also she didn't like how she chose who to send home either.

They did agree to go by the judges critiques, but it's not like Ru ever only took that night's critique into consideration - I think Alyssa did the right thing (and made the right decision).

They did agree to go by the judges critiques, but it's not like Ru ever only took that night's critique into consideration - I think Alyssa did the right thing (and made the right decision).

Yeah, going after that is cunty and stupid. Virtually every human agreement follows the form of "I agree, until such a time as I no longer agree", and that's for good reason, that's pretty much the only kind of commitment we can make. We have wills and individual judgement, and it's naive to think that you can eliminate the uncertainty of that by laying down some simple elimination guidelines in episode 1. They should be just guidelines.

Rayis

Phi Phi ended up looking worse than before she was on the show, the only rudemption she would have gotten would have been off the show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom