• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 |OT| Let's Get All-Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Standup has to be one of the roughest gigs though, it's a great obstacle to throw in their way to make them stumble.

It's also one of the ways professional Queens make good money: hosting gigs. And people expect drag queens hosting gigs to be funny, even the glamorous ones.

cory64

laganja was funny for the wrong reason.

Hey hey hey HEYYYY👋👋👋 Put cha lighter’s up🔦🔦🔦! Ganja’s in the house 🏠 owwwwww😷! As you can tell from my accent I am from Dallas, Tex-ass🐴! And it was not very easy growing up looking like this💁! Whether I was playing in my grandma’s clothes👵 or putting on a show for my well-organized alphabetically-ordered beanie babies 🐱🐥🐵🐼 I was guh guh guh G2Y👬👭! OKKKK😃! But it wasn’t until I moved to Los Angeles ☀🌴 that I discovered 🚬Marijuana🍀, I mean I like to smoke💨💨💨, y’all I am just flying✈ as high👆 as your receding hairline👴! OK! 🚬 Marijuana🍀 really does help me calm down😴, so y’all, I went to Valencia where they film the TV show 🌱Weeds🌱! Now, y’all, it’s very dry🔥☀, it’s almost kinda like your vagina✌👌! Can I get an amen🙌🙏?!? Now y’all, I am a treehugger🌳🌲 because if it ain’t green♻️, HUH😫 I’m not interested🙅! OKCURRRRRRRR💅💃!

gets me every time,

I just finished up season 4 (for the 3rd time) and untucked (for the first time) and it has only made me dislike phi phi more. She really has not changed, at all. :/

mantidor

The stand up is just like the snatch game, the weakest link can bring everything down, which is why I never liked it. Only this season I got why Ru likes it so much, and that was because everyone was very strong.

Masked Man

I said wow
Katya needs to win the next episode to be back in the game tbh. Right now the top three looks to be Alaska/Detox/Alyssa

Yeah, my Russian hooker's definitely got the potential to win. I just hope she steps it up next week and really wows us. I also think Tati has a shot at going really far.

royalan

Katya's becoming the Pandora Boxx of this season. Consistently good, but someone always does just a bit better each week.

Wow the lip-sync in this episode was the best one all season this far I think.

Also, god damn, Phi-phi just phi-phi-ed all the way through this despite all the talk of turning over a new leaf, etc. Her drag with the cosplay looks has become sooo much more compelling than what it was before, but she went home looking real militant and bitter. :/

Is RuPaul friends with Matt Drudge?

Every so often, he links to conspicuously complimentary articles about the show and about Ru. Really odd considering his audience. Like, he seemed positively jubilant when Ru won the Emmy.

royalan

Is RuPaul friends with Matt Drudge?

Every so often, he links to conspicuously complimentary articles about the show and about Ru. Really odd considering his audience. Like, he seemed positively jubilant when Ru won the Emmy.

It's not too surprising if
you remember Ru's stance on the use of the word tranny...

Phi Phi just can't help herself can she. She is her own worst enemy.

I like this type of come back episode, I forget if they did it in season 8 or not, but I remember the conjoined twins challenge from season 7, so I hope they continue to do it next season, it gives all the early girls a chance for extra airtime. And it just so happens the stars aligned for this particular one for it to be a legendary episode.

The biggest crime during the last episode was Alyssa using the same wig two weeks in a row.
Ha! This bothered me too!

10 years later and Nicole Paige Brooks still looks ratchet.
tumblr_inline_naqglf2RKg1qz7j5g.gif

Loved Adore in her season, but if her ungraceful exit was the reason both Alyssa and Tatianna could stay on in order to get the number of queens back to where it's supposed to be, then I'm grateful.

Scribble

I know that Phi Phi 'needs to know when to shut up' but I hate some viewers more for taking her so seriously. Like, it's fine to 'booo' her, but I can imagine how much venom and death threats she's receiving and that's really sad.

Phi Phi, more than ever, has defined herself as a Rupaul's Drag Race All Star, and I feel that she should be celebrated for that. Unfortunately for her, she's a sensitive person who's unable to really embrace the pantomime villain role because SHE takes herself so seriously -- despite the 'riddle me this, riddle me that' stuff.

Still, only a really basic fan, or a 13 year old, would be unable to stand back and see her role in a wider context and not appreciate her legacy within the show.

PS. Season 4 Phi Phi: I hated her attitude towards Willam. I feel uncomfortable when watching Untucked because I hate seeing people be bullied/isolated, even if they're Willam and can handle themselves. STILL, she was perfect casting in that she tested and antagonised Willam's calculated schtick.

I'm not 13 but I don't appreciate her at all. I just find her very unpleasant both on and off the show.

Doesn't mean I'm gunna harass her tho, I don't get why people think that's ok. It's pretty disgusting.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm not 13 but I don't appreciate her at all. I just find her very unpleasant both on and off the show.

Doesn't mean I'm gunna harass her tho, I don't get why people think that's ok. It's pretty disgusting.
Same here she is just too aggressive even at some petty shit. But she doesnt deserve threats.

Scribble

God, what would an All-Stars season be like with both Shangela and Willam? As much as this All-Stars is great, my very rigid objective side says that the lack of these two queens as contestants invalidates the entire concept. I can't look past it. I don't care if they're 'bigger than the show.'

B-Dex

Nnnnn this acrobatic yoga Prince Charming business is a mess just like sea hag phi phi. No wonder it aired after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom