• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 |OT| Let's Get All-Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

That lipsync was EVERYTHING. Probably my new all-time favorite.
Also, Phi Phi didn't get the ru-demption edit because in the end, she couldn't really be someone she's not. I agree, had she been unapologetic and owned that which will always be a part of her, she'd have gone far.

That's some good television.

The thing about Phi Phi is if you put a bad taste in ppls mouths they're not going to want to keep you around. I wasn't remotely surprised that both Alyssa and Tatianna chose her.

Best lip-sync of the season. Straight 👏 Up! 👏

Bye BITCH! I actually liked phi phi and really gave her the benefit of the doubt from her season but again, she showed me that she's still petty. Though she did have very valid criticism about Alyssa, the way she went about it was pathetic and so shitty. You reap what you sow. And I LOVVVE that it was Tati and Alyssa that dragged her out 👏👏👏👏👏

mantidor

I just feel sorry for Phi Phi, RuPaul has dragged the whole "inner saboteur" psychobabble to the ground but if there is one shining example of that is her. Now I wouldn't be surprised she somehow says refusing Alyssa's hug was the "editing", she's beyond herself.

SO fucking happy my
Tati
is back. <3

Yes yes yes fucking yes.
Losing Phi Phi for my Tati AND Alyssa? Thank you lord. Honestly I feel for Phi Phi in that her life is ruined again for a while now but girl did it herself... :( she can't keep that bitterness back. Sure I see shady editing with reaction shots and shit but she gave them so much material. And fucking ALYSSA girl? I think people could understand being mad that the judges seem to have a lower standard for Alyssa but being so openly bitter and hostile to someone that guileless as someone else said is just a one-way ticket to villain edit

game-boi

I just feel sorry for Phi Phi, RuPaul has dragged the whole "inner saboteur" psychobabble to the ground but if there is one shining example of that is her. Now I wouldn't be surprised she somehow says refusing Alyssa's hug was the "editing", she's beyond herself.

I have never seen such a poor sport on this show. From her exit to her last comments in that final confessional (seriously, fuck off with that trophy comment), I felt so glad she left. Phi Phi squandered every opportunity for good will or the benefit of the doubt from the first episode of the season. I was going full Tyra watching the end of this episode. I wanted to root for her. We all wanted to root for her! How dare she?

That lip sync was a lot of fun. A highlight of the season for sure. I was on pins and needles hoping that both would survive (knowing that Adore threw things off), so I couldn't be happier with the result. Alyssa and Tati have been really entertaining this season and I hope that they both receive bigger, better opportunities after all this. They've earned it.

royalan

NICOLE. PAIGE. BROOKS

I think my favorite part of this season is seeing all the cameos. Is there a show out there so tied to the community it's representing and playing to?

tribal24

Banned
Yasssss
omfg this was one of the best episodes ever of drag race that damn shade from phi phi not giving Alyssa a hug. Ughh made her look so bad good riddance

cory64

They better turn it out for the queen of pop!

What's funny is I was watching it on their website and kept getting ads about knowing when to shut up. Take notes Phi Phi!

Tron 2.0

I don't hate real life Phi Phi but I definitely hate Drag Race Phi Phi.

Phi Phi is clearly intelligent, but when her "fight or flight" instinct kicks in she becomes nasty and caustic as a defense mechanism.

She's been giving interviews talking about how the producers manipulate and stage situations and goad queens into saying things. And she's 100% right. The producers do take advantage of the fact that the queens are overwhelmed and hungry and tired and know they have to wake up in a few hours to do it all over again.

But what Phi Phi has never learned is that the performance doesn't stop when you get off the main stage. The entire show is a performance. That's the reality of reality television. So, yes, of course the producers are going to try and get her to read Alyssa while Alyssa is behind the mirror. Phi Phi even says she knew the producers were up to something by the way they had the queens re-enter the work room. But the producers can't put words in her mouth. No one is forcing her to say the things she says using the words she uses. She wants a redemption edit? Then she needs to learn to filter her words. Roxxxy learned that lesson after her season, and, yeah, she's barely getting any camera time and has been consistently mediocre these past few episodes, but when the season ends she's going to be doing just fine.

Reality shows don't create villains, they allow the villains to present themselves. Phi Phi's undoing is that she doesn't understand when to shut. the. fuck. up.

I was giving Phi Phi some benefit of the doubt but you can't really deny the existence of that footage where she refused to hug Alyssa goodbye and being a sore loser. Unless the producers, who aren't exactly saints, have much better editing tools than I give them credit for.

Off topic: Phi Phi hit on me on Grindr here in LA. Or someone that hugely resembles boy Phi Phi.

Never saw Tatiana's season, but I'm glad she's back. Easily the realest girl on the show, the workroom, and the confessionals. Everything. All Stars is definitely a successful comeback for her.

Our 5 year old almost lost his shit when Phi Phi refused to hug Alyssa. He thinks the sun rises and sets with Alyssa. The fact that she wouldn't hug her set him off. It was totally adorable.My fiance came in from the other room to witness a 5 year old screaming HUG HER PLEASE!?

Our 5 year old almost lost his shit when Phi Phi refused to hug Alyssa. He thinks the sun rises and sets with Alyssa. The fact that she wouldn't hug her set him off. It was totally adorable.My fiance came in from the other room to witness a 5 year old screaming HUG HER PLEASE!?
YASSSSSS at this flawless parenting

Teach the young to mind their manners <3

YASSSSSS at this flawless parenting

Teach the young to mind their manners <3

I'm trying to get the 7 year old to watch, but he's not a fan. :( My fiance is meh on drag race, so he and the older boy watch football while the 5 year old and I are like OMG DRAG QUEENS YAASSSSS.

Omg!!
tati is back! And Alyssa! Just too much goodness I can't take it. That lipsynch was the perfect contrast to phi phi bullshit. I cannot believe she behaved that way. I mean how entitled can you be? All of the other queens seemed like they really wanted to be there but she was just obliviously indifferent. I mean Ru gave her another chance and she basically reaffirmed that she is dangerous and toxic. Working in the drag world will be a little less sweet for her after this I can imagine.

Phi phi and I are from the same place and around the same age. She should be looking at the big picture but it seems she is stuck in some juvenile angst that makes her attack everyone.

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

THAT WAS LEGIT YAAAAAAAS!!! omg I'm so fucking happy! The evil is finally defeated, my faves got to stay... gagging!

Also that lip sync was INCREDIBLE. I guess it just shows that they really do need that fire under their asses to turn it out.

I am legit so happy tho. Day made.

Shizuka

Roxxxy should go home next. She got her ru-demption, she's not going anywhere after her cabaret gig, always in the bottom.

xZV1b1r.png

cory64

dead @ phi phi posting articles about how it's all in editing. bye.
And yet she's been pre-defensive about last night's episode for weeks.

Girl, BYE. You seem to be perfectly aware that you said and did things that the show was going to portray negatively, so don't be acting BRAND FUCKIN NEW about editing.

It's interesting to look at everything Phi Phi has been trying to do over the past year between the show being filmed and its airing and seeing that it was all some sort of pre-emptive damage control. There's no way she could have expected to come out of this looking good. Can you imagine having to wait an entire year knowing that you were going to make an ass out of yourself on television... for the second time?! She seems deluded enough that she might not have thought about it, but I have to think that deep down she knows she fucked up.

Never saw Tatiana's season, but I'm glad she's back. Easily the realest girl on the show, the workroom, and the confessionals. Everything. All Stars is definitely a successful comeback for her.
Go back and watch Season 2. Tatianna gives no shits and you'll be able to see how far she's come. Plus you'll get Raven and Jujubee.

Girl, BYE. You seem to be perfectly aware that you said and did things that the show was going to portray negatively, so don't be acting BRAND FUCKIN NEW about editing.

She's playing the victim &#128128;&#128128;&#128128;&#128128;&#128128;

she will noT be missed tbh.

mantidor

I said Phis would blame the edit for not hugging Alyssa as a joke but she is actually doing it for real. :/

She has mental problems, seriously, she needs help.

GCX

Last episode was probably one of my favorite Drag Race episodes. Great twists all around, beautiful payoff and the lipsync was A class.

game-boi

Go back and watch Season 2. Tatianna gives no shits and you'll be able to see how far she's come. Plus you'll get Raven and Jujubee.

Raven and Jujubee are DR legends and they helped kick the show up to the next level. Really worth checking out those episodes.

But back on Phi Phi, the thing that makes her so hard to sympathize with is that the show has literally had over 100 of queens on at this point and none of them have appeared nearly as petty, mean, or vindictive as she has. I think it's reasonable to assume from what we know of the show (and contestents' feelings about it afterward) that the vast majority had the same type of questions during their interviews that she got. We've seen other girls get the "villian edit" without it "breaking them." Raven, Tyra Sanchez, Acid Betty, and even Michelle Visage are still fan favorites in light of the things they've done because of how they handle themselves. Phi Phi remains the only person unable to handle her own actions.

I've read interviews (like this one) where she's so quick to blame Ru, production, and "the edit" without acknowledging that it was her that did all these things. Nobody else but her suggested selling their throphy during their exit interview. That shit came from her mouth. No edit required.

Honestly, I hope that she takes a break from drag and social media to look inside herself, see how she treats people, and maybe make some life changes that allow her to artistically express herself without comparing herself to others.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Tati to win the show tbh

KiN0

Ru should just drop the stand up challenges. How many times has a queen actually been funny during her routine?

KiN0

I guess. I just feel like stand up is one of those things you can't really learn.Like some of these queens are absolutely hilarious, but their humor just doesn't translate well to stand up comedy; and that may be the point of the challenge, but there are just a lot of other things I'd rather watch.

That lip sync omfg, it was EVERYTHING!!

Tati and Alyssa are probably my two fave queen in there, so seeing them slay just gave me life. Tati especially, I can not get over how beautiful she looked. Loved it.

I guess. I just feel like stand up is one of those things you can't really learn.Like some of these queens are absolutely hilarious, but their humor just doesn't translate well to stand up comedy; and that may be the point of the challenge, but there are just a lot of other things I'd rather watch.

Yeah true. Though Detox did way better at this challenge than the one in her season, that they did it in pairs probably took quite a bit of the stress off.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I always thought light stand-up can easily be weaved in the small drag shows I've been to. Especially if there multiple girls performing, it's not unheard for someone to MC... And that's when those skills come into play. But I agree that it's not easily learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom