• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 |OT| Let's Get All-Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Eh. I didn't really think they were that funny, and laganja was funny for the wrong reason.

I get that drag queens are expected to be funny, but there's a difference between playing off a crowd and performing a set.

Oh, let's not forget Shangela in Season 3,.

UoPuSSVuY3pHa.gif

Alaska is the true All-Stars 2 star, even when she's not lipsyncing.
Tbh I'd do that too if I was watching Tatianna murder a lipsync
Oh, let's not forget Shangela in Season 3,.
She said "LAQUIFA"
And I said "WHAT"

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I was going to see Tatiana this Thursday (meet & greet). But it just got cancelled because the bar (Attitudes @ STL) is closing and reopening a couple of months from now... I took Friday off because of this. :/

B-Dex

I was going to see Tatiana this Thursday (meet & greet). But it just got cancelled because the bar (Attitudes @ STL) is closing and reopening a couple of months from now... I took Friday off because of this. :/

That sucks. I would die for o see Tati in person.

This is needlessly shady, but what are the chances that Laganja's maintenance prescription came from a medical professional like this?

CQVs_qWVEAA6Wbv.jpg

Seems like an all encompassing excuse to save a reputation after being so abrasive on the show, but I do recognize going from a heavy use of a depressant to mega-dosing a stimulant like redbull wasn't doing her any favors.

Also this is maybe the best thing she's ever done. Legitimately gets me going.

This is needlessly shady, but what are the chances that Laganja's maintenance prescription came from a medical professional like this?

CQVs_qWVEAA6Wbv.jpg
The skateboard in the door way and the sign "We fit toe rings" next door are just too perfect!

...btw, I watched that video for 30 whole seconds before I realised. -_-

I was listening to a Spotify playlist earlier and Dancing On My Own by Robyn came on and it killed me cus it just makes me think of that Rujubee lip sync from AS1 ;_;

That fucked me up. It was genuinely uncomfortable to watch. Probably the saddest moment in the entire show to date.

Shizuka

I was listening to a Spotify playlist earlier and Dancing On My Own by Robyn came on and it killed me cus it just makes me think of that Rujubee lip sync from AS1 ;_;

That fucked me up. It was genuinely uncomfortable to watch. Probably the saddest moment in the entire show to date.

I still think that was all staged.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I always wonder how strict the rules are with regards to alcohol around recording times. Watching earlier seasons gave me the impression that the drinks they had the illusion lounge(?) were the only ones they're allowed for during the day... Or at least they acted like it.

Rayis

Can we speak about Ru's looks this season? she's had some of the best looks ever, she looks stunning, kinda like a glamorous Barbie doll

I want more Tati, send Roxxxy home plz

I'm OVER IT
WRONG fucking choice AGAIN Alaska. What the actual fuck.
Quit rewarding Roxxxy's bland-ass mediocrity. She's been in the bottom four fucking times.
I'm gonna go buy some Tati merch in sympathy.

Rayis

Alaska is a such a good lipsyncer, if Katya would have won she would have sent Roxxxy home, oooh boy, I'm not happy but it's just a show, lol people on Twitter are VERY pissed

OMG!
I cannot believe my baby was sent home! I could tell thats what they were going to do from the edit, and then the look that Ru gave Alaska during the lipsynch. I'm so disappointed.

royalan

I'm sorry, but this episode was bullshit. Bullshit for two reasons.

1) I love Alaska, but she did NOT deserve to win that lipsync. I love that song. I love The Runaways. Alaska was not giving ANY of that. She was giving typical Alaska, which is usuall great, but didn't fit this song. Katya was actually serving me dirty-slutty-sexy rock chick dancing at a truck stop bar. Katya performed like she was an extra from the actual video. I know that Ru/Producers have their favorites, but it sucks when they make it so obvious.

2) Tatianna didn't deserve to leave over Roxxxy. Neither of their commercials were the best, they were equal with each other, but Roxxxy has been in the bottom 3-4 times now, and Tatianna's runway absolutely slayed her tonight.

Ugh

So now everyone who attacked me for not liking Alaska is jumping on the boat, huh? That's cute ;)

jk

I'm gonna see Tati with 'em hands, though. :(

mantidor

So now everyone who attacked me for not liking Alaska is jumping on the boat, huh? That's cute ;)

jk

I'm gonna see Tati with 'em hands, though. :(

I fucking love Alaska, this was still all kinds of wrong.

On the other hand, she played against an strong threat, so we are finally getting Survivor Drag Race instead of Best Friend Drag Race (while still playing both!, Alaska, clever girl), I'm ok with that for the drama, but not for the entertainment, there's zero chance Roxxxy will bring entertainment next ep, she is playing the ru-demption game too well and won't deviate, she isn't in this for the crown.

edit: on the other hand, Tati is bringing surprises after surprises, this bullshit is seriously all kinds of wrong.

umT

The bitch got it wrong.
Roxxy
has been coasting by on a safe and bland performance all season, and while
Tatianna
had a middling commercial, her look was well thought-out and flawlessly executed.

She's just so freaking CREATIVE, and I was gagging when she was brought back because she was the only one other than Katya consistently serving surprise and intrigue. I feel that despite the already wide range of looks and vibes she gave, there was still so much more to come.

And her quiet confidence was a breath of fresh air, and she revealed such little delightful bits of her personality without ever coming across as desperate, cynical, or overly self-aware.

oh well, the inevitable winner knew to get rid of any legitimate competition and keep the fat

Nope. Shit decision. Shit shit shit.

Very much so. Completely unjustified. From the tone of that queen's comment, she was eliminated because she was seen as a threat. Not a fan of winning queens getting to choose which bottom tier queens to send home. You can start to see favoritism over talent comes into play.

Also,
Katya should've won that lipsynch, captured the essence of that song.

Monocle

Very poor decision. Maybe one of the worst I can recall on this show? I can't see how sending that queen home was justified at all. I really need to hear you-know-who's reasoning for this one. WTF.

Oh, and also:
I had more of my fill of Roxxxy on her own season. I hate this word, but I find her overrated. She's polished on the runway, and a middling talent (AT BEST) every other way. (I have never understood why Raja and Raven constantly fawn over her.) And personally, I don't think she's especially entertaining to watch.

Tatiana was ROBBED. How in the world is Alaska going to live down the perception of favoritism she's created? I liked her lipsync performance more than Katya's, but now I wish Katya had won.

umT

The bitch got it wrong.
Roxxy
has been coasting by on a safe and bland performance all season, and while
Tatianna
had a middling commercial, her look was well thought-out and flawlessly executed.

She's just so freaking CREATIVE, and I was gagging when she was brought back because she was the only one other than Katya consistently serving surprise and intrigue. I feel that despite the already wide range of looks and vibes she gave, there was still so much more to come.

And her quiet confidence was a breath of fresh air, and she revealed such little delightful bits of her personality without ever coming across as desperate, cynical, or overly self-aware.

oh well, the inevitable winner knew to get rid of any legitimate competition and keep the fat
Couldn't agree more.

Very poor decision. Maybe one of the worst I can recall on this show? I can't see how sending that queen home was justified at all. I really need to hear you-know-who's reasoning for this one. WTF.

Most think it was strategic.
Tatianna was real competition while Roxxxy poses little to no threat at all.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Why? First wrong winner on the lip sync then the wrong selection on who to send home. This episode was all kinds of wrong.

Why? First wrong winner on the lip sync then the wrong selection on who to send home. This episode was all kinds of wrong.
What really burns me is that this is the second time the exact situation with this top two and bottom two has happened and she still picked the wrong girl.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What really burns me is that this is the second time the exact situation with this top two and bottom two has happened and she still picked the wrong girl.

And the other girl did a terrible commercial and the runway look was basic compared to the one that left. I get why she would do it but its simply bs.

Raxus

In the end this run will only make more fans for Tatianna. She brought it this season and was voted out because she was a strong competitor.

Aside from defeated Roxxy, the rest of the eliminations will be painful since so many girls are aces this season.

Shizuka

We're thinking this was the wrong choice based on performance, but if you think about the game, she eliminated the strongest competitor. That's the only thing that makes sense, which has been mentioned by a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom