• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race All-Stars Season 2 |OT| Let's Get All-Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monocle

Legit. Alaska getting sent home at this point would be incredible. Face crack of the century
She's definitely the most deserving of a win this season, though. Whether or not it's rigged in her favor is beside the point. The point is she's fierce as fuck and has grown more than probably any other queen since RPDR S5.

B-Dex

Trixie is totally channel 5.

BzB8RGM.jpg

Sydle

I understand it for something like Katya's nearly immobilizing latex look but something like this week's gymnast thing there was no reason at all to change.

You REALLY can't understand?
We all agree that Tati didn't have the strongest video BUT that's not the point. Fact is Roxxxy has been mediocre week after week and has been in the bottom four goddamn times. It was her time to go and people are mad because Alaska chose the wrong person on the thinnest of reasoning

If you want someone to be mad at then be mad at Ru for making the rules and for putting Tati in the bottom. Alaska didn't do anything wrong.

Alaska likely chose Tati to go home because she's a real threat after being in the top a couple of times and declaring early on that she wasn't on board with following the judges rulings if she didn't agree with them. Roxy isn't a threat and can be knocked out any time.

Shizuka

If you want someone to be mad at then be mad at Ru for making the rules and for putting Tati in the bottom. Alaska didn't do anything wrong.

Alaska likely chose Tati to go home because she's a real threat after being in the top a couple of times and declaring early on that she wasn't on board with following the judges rulings if she didn't agree with them. Roxy isn't a threat and can be knocked out any time.

That's the thing, she committed to one reasoning and switched it up. Where is Phi Phi when you need her?

Sydle

That's the thing, she committed to one reasoning and switched it up. Where is Phi Phi when you need her?

If you go back to the first episode and hear Alaska's take on how to keep it fair she said make it about the challenge itself. Rewatching the latest episode it seems like Tati had the harshest critique between her and Roxy.

In any case, Alaska didn't break any rules imposed by the judges. She played with what she was given. Be mad at the game.

RedHill

Banned
It's really unfortunate to see the same people wanting Roxxxy to leave because of her continuous shortcomings also wanting Alaska to leave just because they don't like that she keeps doing well. Should Katya have won the lip sync? Yes. Should Roxxxy have left? Yes. But Alaska leaving just 'cause? That wouldn't be fabricated at all 🙄

But it would certainly remove the feeling that this is Alaska Stars 2: the 7 episode coronation.

She is barely in these episodes. She has hardly had any talking heads. She literally just executes the challenges (well enough that she deserves THESE wins) and then wins the lip syncs seemingly by default. Where is the justification for any of that?

B-Dex

But it would certainly remove the feeling that this is Alaska Stars 2: the 7 episode coronation.

She is barely in these episodes. She has hardly had any talking heads. She literally just executes the challenges (well enough that she deserves THESE wins) and then wins the lip syncs seemingly by default. Where is the justification for any of that?

Go in a bit. Your tone seems very pointed. 🙃

I kind of hope Alaska gets read a little bit in the reunion for keeping Roxxy at the cost of sending Tati home twice because I thought this time Roxxy deserved to go home based on her performance throughout AND this challenge. She always looks great on the runway, but every challenge I think she has sucked at.

How many times in the regular show has someone been in the bottom before being sent home? The bottom would usually be lipsyncing, and I know there's been a few 3 lipsyncs and out, but has there been a case of four lipsyncs and still being kept around? I know you don't want to shit on a friend, but when it's right, it's right and I think Roxxy has had all her chances, I hope she goes next week - not because she's not fabulous, but because it's her turn.

Completely unrelated: This might be a long shot, but I wondered if Alaska chose that 70s outfit based on the lipsync song because I thought she was channeling Cherie Currie, had she had a mullet wig I would've said it without a doubt.

Preview of episode 7 is up on the Logo site here.

The bottom 2 will probably be Alyssa and either Alaska or Detox. I'm guessing Alaska since her behaviour seems almost Willamesque in that preview. So say goodbye to Alyssa, gals. Katya vs Season 5 also seems very real.

It probably would've been best for Roxxxy to go home with the snatch game, she had a rudemption and the fanbase of the show got to see her in a better light (and that snatch game performance was terrible).

I love that Tati was able to slay. Even the episode where she went home wasn't her at her worst, the cards were just played against her. Homegirl can multiply her booking fee a couple of times now, and that's what counts in the long run.

Ewwww.

He trusts him more than her.

Because she's a woman and women are inherently distrustful no doubt.

What an utter cunt.
Seriously. Almost everything out of Trump's mouth is a lie.

Also lol @ "corporate servant". If Hillary is a "corporate servant", Trump is the corporation itself

Whyyy

I DON'T understand this "I'm voting for Trump cause I don't trust Hilary" mentality. He has a point with PC-culture getting warped, etc, but what on earth has Trump ever done to earn your trust? Somehow he's a better candidate cause you know he's gonna screw you over?

Also, I've said this before, but this isn't just a choice between Hilary and Trump. They're faces for parties that we'd be giving a vote to. How can an LGBT person vote for Republicans as a party after everything they've done for the past 8 years?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I don't agree with Hitler that the jews are an abomination that need to be wiped out, but at least he has the guts to say it!

Whyyy

I DON'T understand this "I'm voting for Trump cause I don't trust Hilary" mentality. He has a point with PC-culture getting warped, etc, but what on earth has Trump ever done to earn your trust? Somehow he's a better candidate cause you know he's gonna screw you over?

Also, I've said this before, but this isn't just a choice between Hilary and Trump. They're faces for parties that we'd be giving a vote to. How can an LGBT person vote for Republicans as a party after everything they've done for the past 8 years?

Because fuck you, I got mine, that's what. Gay marriage is legal and so everything is fine and dandy now.

Whyyy

the most important thing this cycle is far and away the supreme court nom.

I would much, much rather have a democrat appoint one than Trump.

mantidor

Preview of episode 7 is up on the Logo site here.

The bottom 2 will probably be Alyssa and either Alaska or Detox. I'm guessing Alaska since her behaviour seems almost Willamesque in that preview. So say goodbye to Alyssa, gals. Katya vs Season 5 also seems very real.

Unsurprising and disappointing, they are going to exploit Rolaskatox and Roxxxy's family story for all its worth.

It's just frustrating how they seem to have dropped the T in C.U.N.T. in favor of cheap drama.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Katya Jinks-Monsoons all the way to the crown, Alaska sealed her fate making the wrong choice last episode.

Rayis

Lucian Piane is a Bernie or Buster but odd that he would go from not voting Hillary to voting Trump, he's gross, fire him Mama Ru.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Even if the dude wants to cognitive dissonance away Trump's awfulness, what about the VP he would also be throwing a vote to who is openly homophobic?

At least we get to enjoy a tidy situation where no one can sanely claim that his politics shouldn't affect his career. Voting for an anti-LGBT platform while working for arguably the most successful queer show on TV... lol, bye

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Katya Jinks-Monsoons all the way to the crown, Alaska sealed her fate making the wrong choice last episode.

Alaska's track record in AS2 is actually very close to Jinkx's in S5, while Katya's is more like Alaska's in S5. It'd take a miracle for Katya to win this, but I pray for it every day.

Wow! Lucian is really trash. I went on his twitter to see if with all the backlash that he's received from this, if he was more open minded to actual facts and conversation.. but sadly, he just continues to dismiss,dismiss, dismiss and his only rebuttal remains that he can't trust her because she's a politician. Like... Are business men more trust worthy or something because they lie all the got damn time! It's like the core DNA of being a business person! Lmao!!

Ugh, Ru needs to done him off and let him find employment elsewhere where he can keep his shitty views rather than on a show that is the total opposite of his views. Fuck him.

Also, where is the preview for this new episode. 😭 😭

B-Dex

I need a Youtube link, badly.

Wow! Lucian is really trash. I went on his twitter to see if with all the backlash that he's received from this, if he was more open minded to actual facts and conversation.. but sadly, he just continues to dismiss,dismiss, dismiss and his only rebuttal remains that he can't trust her because she's a politician. Like... Are business men more trust worthy or something because they lie all the got damn time! It's like the core DNA of being a business person! Lmao!!

Ugh, Ru needs to done him off and let him find employment elsewhere where he can keep his shitty views rather than on a show that is the total opposite of his views. Fuck him.

Also, where is the preview for this new episode. 😭 😭

I VPN 'd the US and watched it on logo's site.

Also Ru-Cap E3 was finally posted. Delivers.

Shizuka

Can I predict the outcome of today's episode?

Detox and Katya win the challenge, Detox wins the lipsync. Roxxxy is safe. Alaska and Alyssa are the bottom two. Alyssa goes home.

PolishQ

Can I predict the outcome of today's episode?

Detox and Katya win the challenge, Detox wins the lipsync. Roxxxy is safe. Alaska and Alyssa are the bottom two. Alyssa goes home.

You think the other queens wouldn't eliminate Alaska if they had the opportunity? If she ends up in the bottom she's totally going home.

Izuna

Banned
Okay so I just started watching this, this is amazing TV.

welp, just found out that this thread is for a different series and got spoilt on who wins S7

anyway I can catch up to this in the UK?

B-Dex

Okay so I just started watching this, this is amazing TV.

welp, just found out that this thread is for a different series and got spoilt on who wins S7

anyway I can catch up to this in the UK?

Even knowing the winner of a season you should still watch it. The journey to the finish is almost endlessly rewatch able on drag race. I dunno why it's just always compelling. And you'll notice things you never caught before.

The seasons were on Netflix UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom