• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rupaul's Drag Race Season 8 [OT] No Tea, No Shade, No Pink Lemonade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
That was a good episode, and two of the performances were excellent. The NY Queens continue to impress me.

This episode also made me realize how much more valuable Naysha was as a contestant than Derrick. That bish needs to exit stage.

Untucked was lacking though, I wanted to hear more from Chi Chi but she couldn't power through her tears. Betty came across as a human being, which is ironic considering her (SLAYING) fashion.

The main takeaway from Untcuked was the horror this season would be if Kim, Robbie and Naomi were top 3. God. They were giving me nothing —nothing to work with— when they were alone backstage. Zzzzz.

Edit: sneak peak spoilers

Bob v Derrick may have justified the latter's stay

That was a good episode, and two of the performances were excellent. The NY Queen continue to impress me.

This episode also made me realize how much more valuable Naysha was a contestant than Derrick. That bish needs exit stage.

Untucked was lacking though, I wanted to hear more from Chi Chi but she couldn't power through her tears. Betty came across as a human being, which is ironic considering her (SLAYING) fashion.

The main takeaway from Untcuked was how the horror this show would be if Kim, Robbie and Naomi were top 3. God. They were giving me nothing —nothing to work with— when they were alone backstage. Zzzzz.
I'll co-sign all of that. They're just keeping Derrick for Snatch Game, it's just a shame it comes so far in to the run!

I think I'd like Robbie a lot more if I wasn't so irritated by his wig lines. His group did have the best concept/song though.

Also, I was on Bob's side with regards to Lucien's song and notes - It was a B-52's track, they were pretty much doing Rock Lobster with different lyrics, he said he wanted them to do B-52's and not a musical style, then said not to do B-52s. Bob went off I guess because he was already frustrated, the whole Lordes thing was him saying the opposite of whatever was said to him, but I was with Bob on the confusing direction from Lucien here.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Kinda weird how Lucien couldnt give his point across to Bob considering his work really.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Yup. Bob was kinda unrelenting, but Lucien deserved to be called out on his conflicting message. I don't know what I was expecting from Lucien though. It's like a deja vu— he's been coming on almost every session to offer "direction" that has no substance. He would then sit in back listening to these professional lip-syncers. And when they fail to find the key, he'd make the same old blank expression with his sweet eyes, cute face, and perfect salt and pepper hair, making you wonder if he's a daddy, or the boy next door, or if he's available, or...

I lost my train of thought.

okno

Not sure what Kim and Naomi are doing, seems like Naomi's gonna be someone with braids? Doesn't quite narrow it down. If Naomi fucks this up I think she'll be going home next.

Naomi is going to be Celiy from The Color Purple, another Whoopie Goldberg character, and one of her most famous.

Kim's runway look this week SLAYED ME TO DEATH AND BACK. Holy shit that was so cool.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
PS2qQnp.png
CheezeIts

I've come around on Acid Betty tbh. She's not always a vile cunt and she can actually take it as good as she can give it. Also that seamonkey look was some next level shit.

I like basically everyone left now for this season honestly. Except Derrick. Naomi is fierce and she seems nice and pretty versatile in the challenges (hasn't bombed anything yet), but she could stand out more.

Acid Betty's runway look was one of the best looks I've ever seen on the show.

Came to say this. I was floored when she walked out. That is definitely one of the best runway look I have ever seen in drag race history. I was just speechless.

Chichi did not come to play with these hoes! 😭 That lipsync is probably going to be the best this season. I didn't think Robbie against Cynthia was that great. I don't know if it was because of the way it was edited but I didn't see what I know as typical roller dancing displayed by Robbie. It was whack to me.

I officially hate Derrick, he is so one dimensional that I want him off and I want Bob to be the one sending him packing. That sly comment he said about Chi Chi giving then soul really pissed me off for obvious reasons. I'm mad that Chi Chi was basically dragged for not having the funds to come out in amazing gear the other ladies had yet, Derrick was sort of let off the hook for his pride in wearing a cardboard box. Like, I'm sorry but that's no excuse either... I think Chi Chi had the right idea. Plus don't we already have Courtney act who's already a blonde pop artist of drag? Derrick can sit.

I was actually in love with Thorgys look and was a bit confused by why Michelle was so negative. I imagined it being something someone was wearing at a rave. It fit to me. I loved Bob's look and didn't know he had that in him tbh. Some of his run way looks have been pretty... Basic and safe sometimes... but his charisma basically sells it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Michelle has a thing against green. Unless my memory is bad Thorgy was doing neon green correct? There might be the why.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
A bit late but

Episode 4
Episode 4 Untucked
Episode 4 - Pit stop w/ Delta Work

For some reason Logo have decided to be twats and require a tv provider to log in

--

episode was good. Don't really see why Robbie won but whatever
Derrick needs to get his shit together because he isn't doing much at all right now
Naomi is coming across as a filler queen. Yet another look where she relies on her body
I like chichi but her attitude was kinda shitty

MrV4ltor

They need to give Derrick the boot already. They were obviously expecting her to be Chad Michaels 2.0, but she's just a basic, insecure Knee impersonator. Not here for the judges giving her 3 2nd chances already. She would've been in the btm2 first episode if I was Ru. Maybe that would've kicked her ass into gear.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
For some reason Logo have decided to be twats and require a tv provider to log in
I saw that, but they literally have you pick one (mine is XFINITY) but then don't ask for any credentials. The ads were gone too. It has to be temporary because this is too good lol.

mantidor

Naomi is coming across as a filler queen. Yet another look where she relies on her body

I actually liked her look, I felt it was different enough from what we have seen of her, and I say if you have the legs just use them.

She is fading in the background for sure, even though I did like her performance.

I'll co-sign all of that. They're just keeping Derrick for Snatch Game, it's just a shame it comes so far in to the run!

I don't know what Ru and his people were expecting Derrick to bring to the table, especially if expecting her to do Britney for snatch game. Quite honestly, I feel she would fall flat on her face if she tried impersonating Brit-brit for that challenge. Sure you can dance and dress up like her, but can you improv at comedical standpoint? I just don't see it happening. She wouldn't want to take the risk of failing that challenge as Brit-brit, as it would surely be damaging to her career as an impersonator.

She's in over her head -- too many talented, well rounded queens this season for her to stay in the race.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Has anyone ever done one of the Golden Girls for snatch game?
I feel like blanche would be absolutely perfect

Shizuka

It was easy for Chad to do Cher after Delta Work did awful with Cher, but for Derrick to do Britney after Tatianna nailed her? We know she'll try to do someone else for the game and probably end up in the bottom two with Naomi or ChiChi.

Never actually posted in here, although I blow up the threads I do participate in with Drag Race gifs all the time...

I'm a huge fan of the show...not to the extent that my 68 year old mother is, though. She lets me know each week how sad she is that her gay son won't do drag to make her happy. She's also forcing my boyfriend and I to take her to a club (on Jock Night) so she can see Willam perform...unless we can talk her out of it.

Anyway, I really like Bob, Acid Betty, Thorgy and ChiChi. I kinda feel sorry for Chi Chi, but I also kinda like her too. I have this weird obsession with Kim. Her look last week was everything, but girl can't walk in heels to save her life.

MrV4ltor

In case anyone didn't know: The show was renewed for another season a few days ago and casting is already underway for the next season. Hopefully they can manage to shoot 2 seasons this year, like they did last year.

Man so after this season we dive right into All Stars 2 and then we'll be hot on the heels of season 9. Bless you RuPaul <3

Rayis

I hope for All Stars 2 they have a challenge where they have to make a music video with RuPaul and a washed up YT celebrity lipsyncing to their voices and in their song they have to incorporate the phrase "GARD ECAR" which is Drag Race backwards.

Matt_

The rumours I have just read
next episode is going to be legendary

Shizuka

I hope for All Stars 2 they have a challenge where they have to make a music video with RuPaul and a washed up YT celebrity lipsyncing to their voices and in their song they have to incorporate the phrase "GARD ECAR" which is Drag Race backwards.

OH MY GOD I UNDERSTOOD THAT REFERENCE and it's amazing. If Alaska is the new Allison, I'm out.

Scribble

Rewatching that Naysha vs Chi Chi lip sync, I think this episode was the most transparent episodes in terms of editing I've ever seen. Naysha held her own even though Chi Chi won. They were trying SO hard to sell Robbie Clark's groups song as the winner (although I love Robbie to death).

I think the crew need to sashay away more than any of the cast members tbh

kirblar

Naysha did better than her first time out, but still just got outshone again.

Robbie's group also blew out the other two- that definitely wasn't editing. Kim/Naomi got robbed of judge face time.

mantidor

Rewatching that Naysha vs Chi Chi lip sync, I think this episode was the most transparent episodes in terms of editing I've ever seen. Naysha held her own even though Chi Chi won. They were trying SO hard to sell Robbie Clark's groups song as the winner (although I love Robbie to death).

I think the crew need to sashay away more than any of the cast members tbh

They actually put all the complete performances on YouTube and Robbie's group was definitely the best one. Also ChiChi blew her fellow team members out of the water making her bottom two to be damn annoying.

MrV4ltor

So a screenshot of the bottom 2 actually leaked...
Actual Episode 5 Bottom 2 + elimination spoilers:
It's Acid Betty and Naomi Smalls with Acid Betty leaving. Acid does a lot more than just stand there.

mantidor

D: D: D:
I'll be pissed when who is supposed to leave leave, she has been nothing but perfection the whole season, and all because a bad snatch game?

MrV4ltor

D: D: D:
I'll be pissed when who is supposed to leave leave, she has been nothing but perfection the whole season, and all because a bad snatch game?

Same thing happened to Max and she even won 2 times. Ru is ruthless when it comes to Snatch Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom