• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rupaul's Drag Race Season 8 [OT] No Tea, No Shade, No Pink Lemonade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait until we're off this page so I don't have to look into the eyes of a serial killer every time I come into this thread

tumblr_nujikwgXRX1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

Is there a pic of Acid Betty in here?

B-Dex

Th first episode of Trixie and Katya's show is out. I love how funny Katya thinks Trixie's jokes are half the time.

cory64

RANDOM THOUGHT:
I hope they do an Xtina song this season (Preferably Dirrty because I subscribe to the Raja/Carmen school of LSFYL.)

Shizuka

You're a cutie, I saw it and that was my first thought ~

Alaska is slaying as usual

Aww, thanks! She was slaying indeed.

I wanted to go but meet and greets are so expensive, and after the last time a rugirl came and she did just a 10 minute lipsync I'm not fond of the idea of just going to the party. I felt robbed honestly.

Which one was it? Priscilla's parties are usually great, or at least from what I've heard for months. This was my first and definitely won't be my last.

You're cute and you look happy to be there with Lasky. You should have posted the image instead of linking it :p

I know, it's just that I'm not fond of directly posting images of myself in open forums... But then again, I should have.

You look adorable, and I'm super jealous!!! I love her so much!!

Thank you! You should go to one of her concerts when you can, she slays the stage and I was gagged the entire show (or at least, what I watched of it).

Also, I mentioned that she should win AS2 and she had the weirdest reaction I've ever seen... Like, really weird reaction. She was silent for several seconds and just said "...ok". I felt really awkward with her reaction, like I said something I shouldn't have.

Yeah it's a great picture =) much better picture with her than mine was from a few years back. Granted, she was drunk and butt naked (I got to touch the peen though. Yay me)

kirblar

Looking back at some of the entrances- something struck me- people who talk about their Drag persona in the third person don't seem to do very well.

Met Jaidyn last night! We were in the dressing room after the drag show and I was pretty much waiting for her to finish her performance and pop in. Once she did I went over to chat her up for a bit and ended up (of course) taking a few pics. Bless the flash here, we were both sweaty messes at this point:

SlHzSe.jpg

She's very very sweet, and she turned it out at the show. <3

Edit: forgive me if the pic is too large, I'm on mobile so I can't tell lol

mantidor

Which one was it? Priscilla's parties are usually great, or at least from what I've heard for months. This was my first and definitely won't be my last.

Yup it was Pricilla's, the one with Katya was literally a 10 minute lipsync, which I wouldn't mind if they didn't charge R$60. I heard the one with Alaska was actually longer at least.

And now that I think about it Alaska in heels must be like a million feet tall so you are actually a giant :p

It's humongous :p

You look great and Jaidyn is adorable as always.

Shizuka

Alaska's show was definitely over an hour, maybe an hour and a half. She's huge in heels and that big ass wig, but she sat down for most of the M&G, except when it was my turn, I asked her if she could stand up. I'm very tall, I wanted to measure the comparison on camera.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Met Jaidyn last night! We were in the dressing room after the drag show and I was pretty much waiting for her to finish her performance and pop in. Once she did I went over to chat her up for a bit and ended up (of course) taking a few pics. Bless the flash here, we were both sweaty messes at this point:

SlHzSe.jpg

She's very very sweet, and she turned it out at the show. <3

You have like the most perfectly gay facial hair.

How do you do. :/

(edit: now this song is stuck in my head)

Thanks guysss

You have like the most perfectly gay facial hair.

How do you do. :/

I can't explain this, particularly the gayness, but I have to keep it that length or else it'll start to curl and I'll get stopped at airports

Tonight, I'm predicting that Robbie or Naomi are winning, and Chi Chi and Naysha are lip syncing. This is based on no information so we'll see how wrong I am..

Yado

meh, saw that coming

Derrick should have gone home this week, she's mediocre af and they're just letting her skate by

Lucien's advice was vague and inconsistent. He couldn't even offer a proper rebuttal when Bob challenged his direction.

Derrick must have some dirt on someone. There is no reason why he should still be in the competition.
I see Thorgy doin man drag next week. Bye girl!

d6FuehR.gif

Raxus

At this point why not just have the returning queen get stamped with return within 5 days stamped on their head when they return.

Kanhir

Episode 4!
- Naysha continues to be mediocre and continues the trend of no eliminated queen lasting longer than the next episode. Sorry, girl.
- Derrick, let go of your vanity. You can wear a comedy box for the challenge and be pretty on the runway. I don't care if it's "not your drag". Also, is it me or does his singing voice sound a lot like Willam's?
- Obvious Derrick coasting aside, why is Kim Chi still sailing through safe? Girl is terrible at every challenge that isn't about design/makeup, and has no right to read Derrick for lack of character.
- I'm a Chi Chi fan so I'm biased here, but I think Michelle was unnecessarily harsh. Money is no excuse for no cinched waist and a belt...except if you can't afford a cincher or anything beyond a basic belt. I wonder if this is going to play into someone else's generosity storyline, like with Adore and Bianca.
(Edit: Apparently there's more positivity from her critique shown in Untucked, so I'll watch that later.)
- Betty said it best. Bob, open your ears and close your mouth, it's getting tired.
- Betty's runway. TOOT TOOT TOOT TOOT TOOT. Oh my god. Yes.
- Has Bob's clutch had more screen time than Dax?

Haxan

Banned
Pretty good episode. I was kinda surprised that
Robbie
won the main challenge, but upon further thinking, I couldn't really think of anyone better to give it to. A lot of people did good, but there were just no stand outs for me in the challenge.

I, uh, basically hated everybody's runway looks (except for Betty). I guess it just wasn't a very good theme.

mantidor

LOL

I was always confused by Roxxy's meltdown (besides the obvious "I'll do anything to not be booted from the show" thing), she claims to have been left on the bus stop, but I also remember she said her family and specifically her mom supported her completely in her drag career, is this the same mom? it's weird the show never made it clear.

Loved this episode. Random thoughts:
- This set up for Bob vs Thorgy makes it seem like they'll either both be finalists or they'll end up lip syncing for their lives, which would support my theory of Thorgy getting cursed for 5th place.

- I really liked Naysha a lot actually; I know we're so apprehensive to someone leading with being "pretty," but Naysha was definitely more than that. She's smart, charismatic and nice. There were too many high-profile queens this season for her to really shine, but she would have gone quite far last season, I feel.

- My obsession with Chi Chi continues into this episode and particularly Untucked. She's intelligent, has an incredible story, and her lip sync was, of course, EVERYTHING. It was like if Rihanna performed well.

- Bob getting some shade this episode was definitely necessary, we needed to bring her down a peg since she's the obvious front-runner. It's also obvious and Thorgy and Acid aren't getting as much shine right now, and I hope that changes.

- Acid Betty's runway look was one of the most fantastic main stage looks I've ever seen. Like unreal. This bitch has REAL talent.

- I'm happy for Robbie, and also happy that she's getting some glory and showing more of herself. She's quite funny and charming, so I hope she doesn't crash and burn next episode.

- Naomi still giving C+ when she needs to be giving A. I feel like everyone else has done really well in at least something this season, but Naomi's still bubbling underneath. Snatch Game will either make or break her.

- It's frustrating seeing Derrick slooooooooowly redeem himself but he's still in the ranks, by far. She's also one that desperately needs to kill it next episode. If she doesn't, I think that'll be pretty devastating for he reputation.

Episode 5 predictions:

Acid as Nancy Grace, could be good. I'm worried for her this episode.

Thorgy as Michael Jackson, I'm seeing winner here but having two male characters win two seasons in a row? I dunno.

Bob as Whoopi is obviously gonna be great.

Not sure what Kim and Naomi are doing, seems like Naomi's gonna be someone with braids? Doesn't quite narrow it down. If Naomi fucks this up I think she'll be going home next.

Derrick doing Britney feels like the obvious thing to do, though it is the quintessential "giving you Britney" which the judges keep warning against. She might pull a fast one and do someone else, landing her in the bottom I'm sure. lol

Robbie might crash and burn but if she whips out a 50s diva character maybe she'll be fine.

I'm guessing Thorgy winning, with Acid, Naomi and Kim in the bottom.

MrV4ltor

Snatch Game character spoilers:
Kim is doing Margaret Cho
Robbie is doing Diana Vreeland
Derrick is doing This...Probably because Tati already won as Britney before
Episode 4 and 5 thoughts and speculation:
I have a feeling that Thorgy will win and then we'll have a queen on S9 who'll think male characters guarantee a win, but she'll fail and be eliminated. The storyline opportunies with this are too real.
Loved Episode 4 and the Episode 5 preview looks even better. Derrick is literally stupid and the only reason why he hasn't been in the btm2 yet is his name and reputation. The drama between Derrick and Bob is real next episode and I live for it. It was also really sweet of Naysha to leave Chi Chi some things she could use, but it doesn't look like they'll show Chi Chi getting them on the next episode, which kinda sucks.

Shizuka

Hate me all you want, but I still think ChiChi will end up being a filler queen, or a second TKB at best. Also, I have another two pictures with Alaska I'm sharing today, finally got it from the event team.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Hate me all you want, but I still think ChiChi will end up being a filler queen, or a second TKB at best. Also, I have another two pictures with Alaska I'm sharing today, finally got it from the event team.

Great :p

Rayis

Thorgy being Michel Jackson for Snatch Game, YES PLZ even if man drag

I wanted the lipsync to be a double shantay tbh

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight after watching Chichi murder Naysha in cold blood like that. I know it's a show for adults but I was never prepare for such brutal executions.

I was worried at first because they gave us Chichi's sob story but then literally lold when I remembered Naysha can't dance for shit.

Untucked was great again, Acid Betty getting emotional while looking like a Final Fantasy villain almost got me ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom