• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rupaul's Drag Race Season 8 [OT] No Tea, No Shade, No Pink Lemonade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly Thorgy is the most well rounded queen and deserves to win, even if she won't coz this is Drag Race.

Bob and Chi Chi are performers who have shite fashion sense, whereas Naomi and Kim are high fashion queens who can't really perform for shit. Thorgy can dole out both, whereas Derrick struggles with both.

Yado

Honestly Thorgy is the most well rounded queen and deserves to win, even if she won't coz this is Drag Race.

Bob and Chi Chi are performers who have shite fashion sense, whereas Naomi and Kim are high fashion queens who can't really perform for shit. Thorgy can dole out both, whereas Derrick struggles with both.

I agree about Thorgy, I'm rooting for Bob but I'd be ok with her winning. I consider Bob's fashion sense to be more pedestrian than shit.

I'm getting sort of an Alaska vibe from Thorgy, mostly in that they're both well-rounded and have really fully-conceived drag personas.

Man Derrick seems so incapable of taking in any criticism. The slightest comment switches her into defensive, attack-retaliation mode. WTF was the point of trying to go in on ChiChi during Untucked the way she did? I like her, and she did a mean lip-sync but damn.

My tops are Bob, Naomi, and Kim.

I really like ChiChi and Thorgy but they haven't wowed me yet.

Shizuka

I'm getting sort of an Alaska vibe from Thorgy, mostly in that they're both well-rounded and have really fully-conceived drag personas.

Stop it, people are comparing Thorgy to Alaska and I can't handle that my first favorite queen since season 5 won't win her season, again.

Monocle

Man Derrick seems so incapable of taking in any criticism. The slightest comment switches her into defensive, attack-retaliation mode. WTF was the point of trying to go in on ChiChi during Untucked the way she did? I like her, and she did a mean lip-sync but damn.

My tops are Bob, Naomi, and Kim.

I really like ChiChi and Thorgy but they haven't wowed me yet.
Her thin skin and receding hairline are getting to me. Awful attitude and personality.

You just hate black people. Thorgy is trash.

Gudetama

I just started watching this show, binged all of season 4 on Hulu over the last 2 days and partway through season 5.

I love Willam and I love how masculine he sounds while puking. Also Sharon Needles and Alaska are both too sweet for this world.

Is there another contestant as fishy bitchy as Willam anytime in my future?? All the other little fishy girls are just so irritating and unclever.

Rayis

I just started watching this show, binged all of season 4 on Hulu over the last 2 days and partway through season 5.

I love Willam and I love how masculine he sounds while puking. Also Sharon Needles and Alaska are both too sweet for this world.

Is there another contestant as fishy bitchy as Willam anytime in my future?? All the other little fishy girls are just so irritating and unclever.

There's Courtney Act coming up on season 6 but she's not really bitchy, she comes across a little conceited at times but it's mostly due to the show's editing, also welcome to the drag race family~

disco

I think Bob's looks are pretty good, sure slightly less than Thorgy and of course Kim Chi is the best.

Bob is the best performer followed by Thorgy, Chi Chi and then Naomi.

Derrick is terrible.

The strongest contestants are Bob, Thorgy and Kim Chi, but I'd like Naomi in the top three to shake it up and hopefully because Naomi will have learned something from the competition and after this weeks win is on an upward trajectory.

mantidor

You just hate black people. Thorgy is trash.

RipeViciousIndianspinyloach.gif

I wouldn't mind if Bob wins though.

kirblar

One thing that I don't think is an accident - RuPaul ditching all but 1-2 contenders by the end of a season. She doesn't want a real "debate" about the F3.

Going into this season Bob was my fave because I love what I've seen of her performances, but I feel slightly annoyed by her at this point. She just needs to chill a little bit... I could see her being super annoying in real life. It's grating. I'd still be fine with her being in the top three or winning, but I'm not as crazy about her as I once was.

Thorgy is ok but I just can't with the white boy dreadlocks and the Skippy from Family Ties fashion. As for her drag, I agree with the poster who asked "Where is the gag?"

Naomi is cute and unproblematic, but not super exciting.

Chi Chi is funny and great for providing commentary, but her drag needs way more polish. If someone helped her evolve her look a bit more, she'd be really amazing. I want to see more her performing.

Kim serves awesome looks and is cute, but I've seen her perform a million times in Chicago and she's just not that great at that aspect of stuff. What you see on the show is actually pretty accurate.

Derrick is a moron and his drag sucks. They're obviously keeping him around so he can eliminate a more well liked queen and cause some controversy.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Bob's coming tomorrow to St Louis. $20 for a meet and greet, which is relatively cheap for Ru's Queens these days. I'm torn between skipping an important party to see him or not.

I assume your favorite is Derrick because you consistently like my least favorite queen every damn season, lol

I started to text you yesterday to make sure I was leaning the right direction, because if we liked the same queen, I was obviously wrong. My vote is for Bob. Derrick can hem herself to hell.

royalan

This season has been everything.

Like, season 7 seriously had me worried that I had tired of drag. But no, it was THOSE QUEENS that were the problem.

Like, even the group challenges haven't been bad now that we're dealing with talent.

This season has been everything.

Like, season 7 seriously had me worried that I had tired of drag. But no, it was THOSE QUEENS that were the problem.

Like, even the group challenges haven't been bad now that we're dealing with talent.

SIS!! Who are your faves this season?

Kanhir

Late, but episode 6 thoughts:

- Raja and Raven's reaction to Derrick's outfit gave me life. It was just so brazenly terrible.
- Thorgy didn't deserve to get read on the runway, the outfit was perfectly fine. And he matched up perfectly with his makeover partner.
- ROBBIE. ;_; Not necessarily great at challenges/runways, but his cutaways and general sass were so great.
- Really missing Acid Betty. Acid would've slayed the makeover challenge.
- We got so little interactions with the partners this year, I thought. There was nothing on the level of Sharon's crazy guy, Raven bonding with his old guy or Alexis's jock getting a little too close.

General season thoughts:

- I've found myself quite disappointed with the regular challenges this year. Snatch Game, library and makeover have all served up meh on a stick. Hoping the Ball impresses me more.
- Thorgy and Derrick are the only remaining queens with no wins. Bob has two, while there's one each for Kim, Naomi and Chi Chi.
- Is Thorgy on the road to a Jujubee run (top 3 with no challenge wins)?
- If Derrick reaches top 3, I'm going to be so pissy. I can tell he's trying hard, but he's not standing out in the good way.

Scribble

I would be disappointed if anyone else but Bob won. Judging by the content of his shows, I feel that he is one of the best boundary-pushers RPDR has seen. I think he is the perfect successor to Sharon and Bianca.
His fashion isn't perfect, but if polish is your issue with him, look how better say, Jinx became after the show.

I know for a fact that Bob will take full advantage of his winner status and use it to better both man and dragkind.

If he doesn't win it's because they're trying hard to be unpredictable. Thorgy is good, but I just feel that there's *something* missing.

Yado

I wouldn't be surprised if they push this Bob over Thorgy thing throughout the show and then have Thorgy win the ultimate prize tbh

I wouldn't be surprised if they push this Bob over Thorgy thing throughout the show and then have Thorgy win the ultimate prize tbh
Unless Thorgy really comes through in the rest of the season I wouldn't think this is likely.

S8 seems more like a S6 and Bianca situation where it's pretty clear from the start who the winner is. I could see Derrick lasting until the top 4 at least though just to keep some friction going in the cast.

Gudetama

There's Courtney Act coming up on season 6 but she's not really bitchy, she comes across a little conceited at times but it's mostly due to the show's editing, also welcome to the drag race family~

I'm a few eps into season 6, and you're not wrong about that fishiness. She's about a thousand times classier than Willam though lol.

Shizuka

I've been #TeamThorgy since the first Untucked, but DAMN, she's really my favorite ever since, no one comes close! She's hilarious on the sneak peek of next week's episode.

Monocle

I would be disappointed if anyone else but Bob won. Judging by the content of his shows, I feel that he is one of the best boundary-pushers RPDR has seen. I think he is the perfect successor to Sharon and Bianca.
His fashion isn't perfect, but if polish is your issue with him, look how better say, Jinx became after the show.

I know for a fact that Bob will take full advantage of his winner status and use it to better both man and dragkind.

If he doesn't win it's because they're trying hard to be unpredictable. Thorgy is good, but I just feel that there's *something* missing.
Totally agreed.

I wanna say "air time," but yeah I agree with what you said. Bob winning is significant in a number of ways, but as we'll see in this next episode, Bob is a very political person and she's incredibly smart and self-aware. She fits the RPDR brand very well and we know she'll be a huge star after the show.

The only other queen I can see winning is Kim if only for the massive fan following she has. If put to a Twitter vote between her and Bob I think she'd win at this point.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Kim would be the worst winner of Drag Race Herstory. She can serve looks usually but other than that she doesn't have other talents.

oti

Banned
Oh, this thread is on the front page again. Update on me watching this show: I don't watch it anymore. Last episode I watched was the one with that weird Snatch Game. That was terrible and enough for me to call it quits. I don't even know who got eliminated that episode and tbh I don't really care anymore.

I don't know, I guess I'm not as interested in the show or in the culture as I thought I was.

I'm hoping that the fact RuPaul has just uploaded a video for a song means that we wont get another awkward film my music video episode

This song is terrible.

I don't know why people would want to turn on Bob now, she clearly has a good heart and her shade is mostly harmless. I just can't get offended by things she says because there's so obviously no malice behind it, whereas Derrick seems rather spiteful.

Also in what universe was that a good Britney? As others said Tatiana did it so much better. Derrick looks like Britney sure but that's it. She wasn't funny or clever, I get the feeling they didn't tear into her so they wouldn't ruin her living. I'll grant that her lip sync slayed but she fucking better, that's her job and that's all she's got tbh.

B-Dex

The rusical album is out this week. All the original show music like Glamazonian Airways and Bitch Perfect etc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom