• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rupaul's Drag Race Season 8 [OT] No Tea, No Shade, No Pink Lemonade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

All of Ru's music is terrible

OYd65Qt.gif

Just like the Tyra Banks songs.

Just like the Tyra Banks songs.
She, like Ru, is almost inhumanly self-aware.

The full quote:

Banks shook her head and said, “Let me just do a public service announcement right now. My name is Tyra Banks and I’m here to tell you that you may have a dream, you may have something that burns inside of your heart and desire – but if you do not have the talent for it, boo, let it go.

“That includes trying to be a singer when you need to just close your mouth. And only open (your mouth) to host talk shows, be an executive producer and be a businesswoman. Thank you.”
Tyra Banks is flawless.

kirblar

It's not just the outfit- it's that Naomi bulked her skinny frame up to pull it off after not doing that all season. They saw something new from her.

Bob totally won the season tonight.

Very pleased with tonight's outcome, particularly
given the way she just kept coming for Chichi and then utterly failed when her assignment actually was to come for Chichi. The only person left now that I don't like is Derrick, I'm a fan of all the rest of these girls. I didn't really have a problem with Thorgy but she started getting on my nerves last episode.

I actually thought Kim Chi's ad was cute and sort of socially responsible, I know she's a terrible performer but i just love her to bits.

Shizuka

From the ones that're left:

- Both Naomi and Derrick did one LSFYL and ChiChi did two. Kim Chi and Bob never went through one.
- Bob has won three challenges, while the other girls all won one each.

Going by this, the top three would be Bob (winner), Kim Chi and that other bitch.

As per this season, this right decision was made.

I literally fell on my ass at that lip-sync, my barstool could not handle Chi Chi's gravitas

lol.gif

Thorgy got an evil edit these past two episodes so wasn't surprised like three seconds into this one.

My heart burns for Thorgy Thor. Pure pizzazz and quirk. My kind of queen. She was sacrificed to shoe-horn a Derrick arc and make Naomi seem like a contender. Once again the show loses its integrity around the final five/six mark. She bring it to you every season tho. A Ben and Katya tea. :(

Bob's the only one who can feasibly win at this point. Everyone else has glaring deficiencies. At least Thorgy was the only other well-rounded one. Bleh

Thorgy got an evil edit these past two episodes so wasn't surprised like three seconds into this one.

My heart burns for Thorgy Thor. Pure pizzazz and quirk. My kind of queen. She was sacrificed to shoe-horn a Derrick arc and make Naomi seem like a contender. Once again the show loses its integrity around the final five/six mark. She bring it to you every season tho. A Ben and Katya tea. :(

Bob's the only one who can feasibly win at this point. Everyone else has glaring deficiencies. At least Thorgy was the only other well-rounded one. Bleh
I never saw it for Thorgy. Her runway looks were either basic or extra, and her delivery when it came to either staged or improv comedy was utterly mediocre.

Ready for Bob to sashay to victory~

mantidor

I never saw it for Thorgy. Her runway looks were either basic or extra, and her delivery when it came to either staged or improv comedy was utterly mediocre.

Ready for Bob to sashay to victory~

Ok this is an exaggeration.

I'm with soulscribe, at this point is when the show loses integrity, we have Queens being kept safe for the sake of story archs, but besides Derrick I'm ok with the top five for once since like 3 seasons ago.

Rayis

Top 3 has got to be
Kim, Bob and Naomi

I'm sad about
Thorgy
leaving but goddamn,
Chichi
killed that lipsync

Chichi did not come to play with these hoes. She came to slay bitch! That being said, I hope Thorgy didn't let the door hit her where the good lord split her. She was getting on my nerves. Being pressed and mediocre is not a good look.

I can't be mad at Derrick this week. Bob drug Derrick up to his level. I have no doubt Derrick will be back to his regularly scheduled struggle.
gruwsK5.gif

Naomi is doing it for me this and last week. Hopefully she can keep it up and stay past Derrick and Kim Cheese. Speaking of... Kim Cheese was painted DOWN on the runway. Her face was messing with my eyes. Outside of a fierce paint tho... I don't see it for her.

If I had my druthers the next eliminations would be thus:
5. Derrick
4. Kim
3. Chichi
2. Naomi
1. Bob

All hail Bob.
wwzaS7y.gif

Our new Queen.

royalan

MISS CHI CHI DID THAT

BYE Thorgy Bore. I've been wanting your ass (and them damn dreads) gone since you had the NERVE to come for Bob starting in ep 2 for no other reason than her being better and funnier than you. Then when you REALIZED that your Basic Broadway Wannabe Vaudeville Amelia Bedelia schtick just couldn't compare, you had the nerve to pick on Chi Chi because damnit, why can't anyone understand your obvious greatness. *eyeroll*

Only that Louisiana crayfish plate just sent you and that dusty ass cartwheel home. Yes. I live.

This season has been so great.

I love Thorgy more for her lipsync vids on youtube than her performance on this show, which kind of bums me out. She definitely deserved to go home this week, as much as I kept wanting her to succeed on this show.

kirblar

Yeah, the Acid Betty elim was fuckery, this one was not.

I suspect they didn't trust her on the little persons challenge.

Kanhir

Episode 7 thoughts!

- Damn, Chi Chi. She doesn't get ready, she stays ready to slay.
yaaaaas
- Thorgy's edit is so weird. First half of the season was showing her as a real contender, then the last two episodes have just been painting her with the sour brush. Did she do something to the producers or what?
- Kim's still being pushed through to top 3 on look alone. Gurl, we can all see the handprint on your back.
- I surprisingly didn't hate Derrick at all this episode. I was even GURL WHATing Carson's criticism of the runway look. Have I been converted?
- Michelle's sassy face when directing is everything for me. I didn't like her in earlier seasons, but she's really grown on me, especially after reading Diva Rules
(available on Amazon! wink)
- Michelle was right, though, this is one of, if not the strongest batch of queens we've had as a top 6.
- No RPDR winner has ever been bottom two twice, and Adore is the only one to hit bottom 2 twice by top 5 and still make it to top 3. Chi Chi's fighting against the odds here.
- Obligatory moment of silence for Acid Betty, who would probably have slayed this by just being Acid Betty.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Well done bob for briging up Derrick to your level this week. I know Carson's critique of D's runway look was probably based on the make up but I thought it was a little harsh as he looked great. I was gagging for that dress reveal but he should have done it a little bit later in the runway

That lip sync was everything. Can't argue with the bottom two and give their performance this episode I can't complain too much about Chi Chi sending Thorgy home. Thorgy was great as a concept but lacked polish but I'm sure that he'll work on it and have a really good career following this.

Bob has to win

oh and I'm such a shitty person. When Kim started crying in that sad mime make up I couldn't help but cackle

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
who the fuck was the male guest judge?

royalan

I love Kim's paint, but she's literally one of the worst girls to make it this far when it comes to everything else.

But damn, she's got looks.

Last night's elimination was so on point. I love thorgy too but I also think the edits painted her badly. Either way, she had to go home.... The minute Chi Chi chains broke... I KNEW she won. Contest over, game over. She said I am NOT going home! Chi Chi is jusT. Thorgy tried it with the cartwheel but nah, that wasn't enough to kill Chi Chi chain break. Best lipsync of the season.

Bob and Derrick killed it too surprisingly. I was laughing at there entire skit. Naomi and Kim Chi's was type whack and but it definitely wasn't something that couldn't beat thorgy and Chi Chi as much as I hated it.

Maybe it's me but I don't think Kim Chi is actually being pushed forward. I think she has done the challenges correctly. I would also hate her lisp to be like a major reason why she loses because she's done so well with it all the way here... Seems like a terrible excuse to remove her now. Her run way look was pretty dope. Thought I was going to lose all that artistic stuff with Acid but Kim Chi is a pretty good replacement in some aspects.

My prediction now is for Bob to win. He's definitely going to at this point since she's the one to beat.

Shizuka

The only one that could make a twist and win the competition is Naomi, since she's gaining momentum. But that's a 1% chance at this point.

mantidor

The only reason I'm ok with Kim Chi being kept safe is that we need to see her looks for The Ball.

It also pisses me off we won't see Acid's looks for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom