• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAÏSanÏa

China is watching this situation with a great attention, if NATO does nothing then China will want to take back Taiwan.

What does that have to do with NATO? All of a sudden a defensive pact between countries has to take the offensive in active imaginations?

ManaByte

Gold Member
Watched it live. The whole thing was surreal.

So many Putin stumpers in here though. They like big daddy power, and it's totally gross.
They like big daddy alright
methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F9a8aceca-8370-11e7-aad7-35a38ccd3007.jpg

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
What does that have to do with NATO? All of a sudden a defensive pact between countries has to take the offensive in active imaginations?
Nah, in the eyes of China it will just confirm that NOTA and the US are a joke and they won't be consequence if they take Taiwan.
Especially if the Moldova is taken too

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

Nah, in the eyes of China it will just confirm that NOTA and the US are a joke and they won't be consequence if they take Taiwan.
When Iraq invaded Kuwait there was a coalition of countries formed afterwards for the Gulf Wars which involved many non-NATO countries. Perhaps, there could be something similar in the future.

Castro27

Crazy but could work...
Completely crazy thought but wouldn't that be a very bad idea? I mean if somehow they manage to kick Russia from the security council what's stopping Russia from simple saying fuck it and leaving UN all together? If that happens it'd be pretty much the end of UN, considering itd be a scenario of the second largest nuclear and military power in the world leaving it

zcaa0g

Banned
Completely crazy thought but wouldn't that be a very bad idea? I mean if somehow they manage to kick Russia from the security council what's stopping Russia from simple saying fuck it and leaving UN all together? If that happens it'd be pretty much the end of UN, considering itd be a scenario of the second largest nuclear and military power in the world leaving it

I think Russia is pretty much in "fuck it" mode already.

They had half a year to prepare Putin been building up troops on the border for a very long time this scream incompetent to me
We got an armchair general here. It's not like NATO was sending in troops, cruise missiles, and new tanks. Russia is opening up with a massive artillery barrage. They can't do much but wait for the firing to cease before mounting a counterattack. Even then, Russia vastly outmatches them in military strength and they surround the country from three sides.

The battle has only begun so we will just have to wait and see but Russia is hitting thier air defenses, airfields, and communication lines first likely.

FunkMiller

The idea that anyone genuinely thinks Trump and Republicans have been any stronger on Russia than the Democrats is a prime example of the kind of thinking that's persuaded Putin he can get away with this shit.

They've ALL BEEN WEAK ON RUSSIA. For YEARS.

Democrats aren't to blame, and nor are Republicans. America is to blame.

...as is the UK, Germany, France... etc.

The western nations have allowed this shit to happen over many years, regardless of political side.

Air Raid siren was going off again in Kiev stream with a few cop car sirens going by and there were still people strolling or a group of people talking to each other.

And then there's this one LED billboard advertising that one camera picks up now and then that's still doing regular advertisements.

You think Trump would have done anything to stop this 🤣🤣🤣

Unpredictability in his case. Where I work we have a few Chinese employees who have gone over there for sales. Last year after coming back from one of those trips the subject of Taiwan came up and he was telling us that China is now more emboldened under Biden (as he's seen as weak) whereas they couldn't figure Trump out or what he'd do.

zcaa0g

Banned
The idea that anyone genuinely thinks Trump and Republicans have been any stronger on Russia than the Democrats is a prime example of the kind of thinking that's persuaded Putin he can get away with this shit.

They've ALL BEEN WEAK ON RUSSIA. For YEARS.

Democrats aren't to blame, and nor are Republicans. America is to blame.

...as is the UK, Germany, France... etc.

The western nations have allowed this shit to happen over many years, regardless of political side.

That's true to a degree however, Trump was a wild card/unpredictable or whatever term you want to utilize and that was a x-factor. Obama and Biden on the other hand were/are predictable and let's not forget, it was Obama that mocked Romney about foreign policy and Russia. And I'm defending Romney when I can't even stand him.

Cleared_Hot

That's true to a degree however, Trump was a wild card/unpredictable or whatever term you want to utilize and that was a x-factor. Obama and Biden on the other hand were/are predictable and let's not forget, it was Obama that mocked Romney about foreign policy and Russia. And I'm defending Romney when I can't even stand him.
It's just like it happened this way. That's all. Crimea now this.

FunkMiller

Trumps' unpredictability was undeniable, but there's just as much chance he'd have sent Putin an bunch of flowers for attacking Ukraine, as put hard sanctions against him. Obama and Biden are/were weak, but Trump could have done far worse.

But, as stated, the entire American political system has failed so hard that this is has been allowed to happen. We need a USA more concerned with geopolitical stability, than religion and gender fluidity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom