• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentleman and ladies it has been a true honor.

Seriously though could Russia deliberately or inadvertently set off a megaton blast at this plant or Chernobyl without actually dropping a nuke by shelling and or setting off a bomb and then blaming it on an errant ukranian missile or something? I have no idea how big the explosion would be but in my mind it sadly gives them the nuclear strike like terror without actually using icbms or tactical nuclear weapons along with plausible deniability?

I don’t think a massive nuclear meltdown on Russia’s own border is in their strategic interests. If that happens it would have to be out of pure incompetence and stupidity.

Last edited:

dotnotbot

I don’t think a massive nuclear meltdown on Russia’s own border is in the strategic interests.
Unless they want another false flag. Remember that Russia doesn't care about their citizens.

The 1999 attacks were officially attributed to Chechen terrorists.[13] According to some historians and journalists, the bombings were coordinated by the Russian state security services to bring Putin into the presidency.[14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21] Others disagree with such theories.[22][23][24] Independent investigations have faced obstruction from Russian security services, raising further suspicions about their involvement in the attacks.[25][26]

Last edited:

BigBooper

That city where that plant is is near a major river and it's on the side of the territory that Putin claimed he wanted to liberate. There's no reason I can imagine they would intentionally attack it. Looks like a major goof by some on the ground commander.

Vestal

What about those WMD's they were a killer?
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Vestal

So ill ask again what is the difference between our cunts and this cunt?
Dude.. NO ONE GIVES A FLYING FUCK RIGHT NOW.

Your little whataboutism and false equivalence campaign is of extreme poor taste and derailing conversation, discussion on actually important subjects relating to what is happening right this second in the world.

You want an answer?

At least our cunts have term limits.

clarky

Gold Member
All i asked is can someone explain putins side of things. nobody has answered. hes not doing this for a laugh. no clear explanation so far

Fuck, what is going on in the head of these people? I mean, disregarding all war context, they are literally waging war in a fricking Nuclear power plant. Both Russian and Ukrainian armies are completely crazy, nothing justifies that.

Last edited:

BigBooper

All i asked is can someone explain putins side of things. nobody has answered. hes not doing this for a laugh. no clear explanation so far

This discussion goes into some theories with no clear answer, but a strong possible answer is Putin feels a manifest destiny to retake Ukraine. It's worth a watch, but Mike Cernovich is kind of annoying to listen to because of how often he repeats himself.

dotnotbot

What in the actual fuck is their goal here?
What happened at Chernobyl was the reason why people were scared and raised protests whenever they heard about plans of building nuclear power plants in their own countries. So this could be kind of a threat directed at European countries to keep relying on Russia's gas.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Holy shit. When they start shooting at nuclear power plants is where I say fuck we have to do something. Putin is using the threat of nukes as a deterrent, yet it's getting nuclear right before our eyes as it is.

If the Ukrainians successfully prevent Chernobyl 2.0 and fend off the attack they will be enshrined in history as some of the greatest heroes of all time.

BlackTron

What happened at Chernobyl was the reason why people were scared and raised protests whenever they heard about plans of building nuclear power plants in their own countries. So this could be kind of a threat directed at European countries to keep relying on Russia's gas.

Pretty much just low level gangster shit.

ive got zero answers. putins obviously not a fool. whats his end game?
What do you mean? We told you. He wants to prevent Ukraine from becoming part of NATO. Whether that’s by occupying the country or by installing a puppet regime, it doesn’t matter. He doesn’t want Ukraine in NATO.

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
So ill ask again what is the difference between our cunts and this cunt?
Wrong is wrong. This is more about a cultural/social climate change on war that is taking place. Using past wrongs as an excuse to be inactive during future wrongs is less acceptable now. Or so it would appear. I am in favor of antiwar sentiments becoming this strong and vocal. Many failed in the past, but maybe this is something we can take focus on now.

Hari Seldon

Gentleman and ladies it has been a true honor.

Seriously though could Russia deliberately or inadvertently set off a megaton blast at this plant or Chernobyl without actually dropping a nuke by shelling and or setting off a bomb and then blaming it on an errant ukranian missile or something? I have no idea how big the explosion would be but in my mind it sadly gives them the nuclear strike like terror without actually using icbms or tactical nuclear weapons along with plausible deniability?

Nuclear plants cannot explode like a nuclear bomb, they can explode like a normal bomb and spew fissile materials everywhere. The Chernobyl miniseries is pretty accurate in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom