• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artoris

Gold Member
a fair few experts are indeed questioning whether Putin has some sort of mental illness. It's the worst nightmare when a dictator with nukes loses his mind /
- however we can hope his inner circle has more than a few Jamie Lannisters.
can't see how committing lots of incest is going to help the situation

Nikodemos

So this invasion was already premeditated back in summer 2021 according to this testimony if its real.
Putin at first hoped Zelenski would veer back towards Russia. However, Zelenski arrested a distant relative of his (Viktor Medvedchuk, Putin is his daughter's godfather), and shut down pro-Russian media.

Putin would've invaded in 2021, however the 3rd (4th??) wave of covid hit particularly hard (so hard he had to chuck some irascible doctors out of windows), so he postponed for this winter-spring.

Last edited:

Nikodemos

Just some people on a safari trip, out to hunt the greatest game of them all:

4rtut2v3qik81.jpg

Atrus

Gold Member
What are the Ukrainians using to down SU34s? If I’m not mistaken it would be their first combat losses ever for that model.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Don't look at this if you have young kids.

twitter.com/PaulaChertok/status/1500188769890148352
Fuck. The parents reaction. The doctors face. That's heartbreaking.

Times like this where I hope hell is real just so Putin can get one of the hotter rooms.

Airbus Jr

Banned
What are the Ukrainians using to down SU34s? If I’m not mistaken it would be their first combat losses ever for that model.
Maybe they still have some big anti air system like aster 30 smpt or patriot

Cant imagine catching one of those with javelin unless its a miracle

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Maybe they still have some big anti air system like aster 30 smpt or patriot

Cant imagine catching one of those with javelin unless its a miracle

1280px-F-117_Nighthawk_Front.jpg

It happens even to the best jets:

Airbus Jr

Banned

I imagine serbs still have s400 or something like that ( f117 can still be detected )

You cant shot something like that with manpads missile it is completly out of reach unless it flies really low

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I imagine serbs still have s400 ( f117 can still be detected )
Still? No way man. S400 was developed in 2000s

Way after that war. Yugoslavia was bombed into stone age by the coalition.

S400 is a no joke system, only a handful of countries can afford it AND allowed by US to have it. USA kicked Turkey from the joint stealth jet program because Turks bought it. And Serbia doesn't have S400. USA said that there would be sanctions up their ass if it happens.

Serbia gives up purchase of S-400 systems over threat of US sanctions​

US Special Representative for the Western Balkans Matthew Palmer warned in an interview with the Macedonian television during his visit to Skopje that the purchase of S-400 systems from Russia would entail US sanctions against Belgrade.
The Serbian leader’s reaction shows that Serbia perceives the US warning seriously.
"What I have seen is an impressive weapon. We have no intention to purchase [the S-400 system] because we have no money to pay for it, considering the construction of motorways and numerous projects. You know, when you have such a weapon, no one would attack you. Neither US nor any other pilots fly where S-400s are operational: Israeli pilots do not fly either over Turkey or Syria, except for the Golan Heights. We have aviation, which the strongest than ever before. We will be strengthening the air defense with Pantsyr systems and other things, which are not on the sanctions list," he said.

Romulus

But how many missions did that craft do all through the 90s-2000s versus how many were lost? Russian planes today looks like Duck hunt in 2 weeks.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

The realization and honesty of these guys is refreshing.
An early step to help the Russian military realize the real threat and to fight against the Russian cabal killing Russian country and countrymen.
If the background profiles about Putin and his inner circle:

Sergej Sjogjo,
Valerij Gerasimov,
Nicolai Patrusjev,
Aleksandr Bortnikov,
Sergej Narysjkin,
Sergej Lavrov,
Valentina Matvijenko,
Viktor Zolotov,
and Anton Vaino

... are to be believed, they're mostly former KGB (and its successor, the FSB) and/or from the USSR generation. The values of USSR are heavily engrained into their cultural perception. It shook Putin to the core when the USSR got broken up. If anything, they're probably just itching for the west to get dragged into this.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So I ended up watching this

As did half the country according to netflix.

Its 6 years old, but it essentially explains very well why Russia cannot win this fight, perhaps they will take Ukraine, but with a population like this who have less than a decade ago went through the shit in this documentary I can never see the Russians holding.

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
But how many missions did that craft do all through the 90s-2000s versus how many were lost? Russian planes today looks like Duck hunt in 2 weeks.
One downed, one damaged. Which is pretty unacceptable for a stealth aircraft.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.

Wildebeest

Soooo.....not sure if this has been posted already but technically China is supposed to have Ukraine's back if the threat of nuclear invasion occurs:

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/feb/28/putins-war-tests-chinas-nuclear-pact-ukraine/

Maybe we will see what the PRC's promises are worth.
The only thing that CCP really cares about globally is proving to their own Chinese people, most of who are still dirt poor, that they are the number one most prestigious country in the world, and they got that way by being apart from the corrupt US world order. Even the Europeans are starting to see that China are the greatest, and so on.

The problem is how China can intervene here without making it seem like they are not buckling under from pressure from the US. How it is in the best interest of Europe to favour relations with China when we look at these events. And how they can deflect comparisons to their long term best frenemies Russia in terms of not them being as big and powerful and on the rise to being of central importance to the world as they make themselves out to be.

I bet all they will do is say that countries who talk about decoupling from China for security reasons are stupid and backwards looking. And that anyone who threatens to interfere with the operations of great nations like Russia or China are evil warmongers or simply scared of the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom