• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please.

Like any information from Russian sources will get any attention here. Will be called straight up propaganda and ignored.

Also, all the information I posted here was accurate. Ghost of Kiev shit, that Ukrainian tank destroying Ukrainian car, guy being shot in a head. Everything IS accurate.

But people doesn't care. First they say "need proofs", then it's the usual "well, ok, Ukraine is a victim, let's ignore it anyway..."

talking more about MightySquirrel MightySquirrel ”seems accurate” about 40% control, something you thought was also somehow debatable (what do you mean control?) despite the territory map showing obviously it’s not close to that

can see what you’re trying with the whatabout, I’m not entertaining stupid shit about nukes either

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
Enters thread

*Users gleefully cheering at random soldier being shot down and probably killed*

pepe-frog.gif

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
What’s the likelihood Putin has a broader strategy in mind that involves drawing Europe and Western powers into the conflict in order to weaken the US and Europe?
If we have learned anything in the last week or so it's that Putin has no strategy at all. Or at least not one that works.

This whole thing has been an international embarrassment for him.

Please answer these questions:

Who attacked Ukraine first?

1)USA
2)NATO
3)Russia

Who is attacking civilians?

1)USA
2)NATO
3)Russia

Those who keep complaining about what seems an injustice to Russia please answer those questions. There is no excuse for what is happening. Even if the Russian people are dragged into this mess, the military of one of those countries is doing abominable war acts in Ukraine. Do not try to place the blame on the one who is being attacked. The other guy never answer my questions because he could not.

Nobody_Important

Please answer these questions:

Who attacked Ukraine first?

1)USA
2)NATO
3)Russia

Who is attacking civilians?

1)USA
2)NATO
3)Russia

Those who keep complaining about what seems an injustice to Russia please answer those questions. There is no excuse for what is happening. Even if the Russian people are dragged into this mess, the military of one of those countries is doing abominable war acts in Ukraine. Do not try to place the blame on the one who is being attacked. The other guy never answer my questions because he could not.
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Nobody_Important

#russophobia is no joke, NI. Twitter says so.
Sometimes I just kind of sit and I think about how easy everything used to be. And how my biggest concerns were when my next favorite game was coming out and only having to care about politics whenever it popped up on the 10:00 news.

Simpler days. I miss them so much.

I think it's important to separate civilians from government when looking at this conflict. Civilians on both sides, the truly innocent. The Ukranian government and armed forces aren't a bunch of peaches themselves, and are truly full of corrupt individuals themselves. That's without even mentioning the nazi-ism rife within it.

Speaking of..

nk50i43uqel81-png-1.webp

Smart-Select-20220305-183910-Chrome.jpg

Woops. Not a good look!

As a quasi related aside I must say though it's amusing to see leaders across the world tripping over themselves to virtue signal as fast and hard as they can without doing the most basic of research. One of the funniest has been our very own finance minister Chrystia Freeland showing just how gosh darn hard she supports Ukraine. She did it while holding the red and black pro nazi UPA flag. Whoops again!

Smart-Select-20220305-183843-Chrome.jpg

No worries. She deleted the tweet once everyone pointed out the stupidity. Ah well. Regardless, fuck the Ukrainian government, fuck the Russian government. They both don't have innocent civilians in their minds as they make their decisions, par for the course really. What government ultimately does? Let's hope this conflict comes to an end sooner than later to avoid more civilian casualties.

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Anyone have any detailed info on the best way to donate to Ukrainians? There are tons of scams and weak charity traps out there. I read some people are paying to airbnb's? Thoughts?

Sega Orphan

Banned
At a geopolitical level I think NATO will be happy with the outcome of this conflict.
It has shown them what the Russian military capabilities are, and it has allowed them to destroy the Russian economy with sanctions. This war will cost Russia in lives, reputation and money.
If the West wanted to contain and reduce Russia's influence, this was a master-stroke for them.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
The obsession with purity from liberals is going to be downfall, if ever larger conflict broke out. Basically hurr durr we can't stand behind anyone who is not 100% clean, despite other more powerful country bullying them into submission....and at the same have far more militant and immoral groups.

RAÏSanÏa

The obsession with purity ...Basically hurr durr we can't stand behind anyone who is not 100% clean, despite other more powerful country bullying them into submission....and at the same have far more militant and immoral groups.
An obvious political motivation to it.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
Sports comment, from this very moment Russians won’t participate in sports, and I mean guys like dana white smells money, Russian fighters
rocky dolph lundgren GIF

She's Ukrainian.

You decided to play your alarmist both sides are equally bad again. An old hand it seems.

Is...is this supposed to be some sort of iron clad gotcha? You'd figure the fact that she has Ukrainian roots would mean she would have at least a basic understanding of the history behind the flag she was holding. No matter, she deleted the tweet and uploaded a sanitized version soon after.

Smart-Select-20220305-191133-Chrome.jpg

Thank God Seinfeld GIF by HULU

Also, not sure what both sides schtick you're going on about. I already clearly laid out what my position was. I know you and your ilk are loving this videogame-ization of rooting for the good guys and jeering for the bad guys nonsense but yeah sorry, reality is for more complex and nuanced than what you're making it out to be. Hence my "side" if you demand I pick one, is with the civilians in all this. Like I said, we're the Russian government and screw the Ukrainian government. Both have proven theydont have the civilians interests at heart here.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Sometimes I just kind of sit and I think about how easy everything used to be. And how my biggest concerns were when my next favorite game was coming out

Speak for yourself, that's still my biggest concern! I keep these type of world events at a comfortable distance. Same for politics, covid, etc. I just focus on my day to day and go about life not really much concerned with this stuff. Might sound selfish but it's how I keep stress to a minimum. Things that I have zero control over, I just let roll off my back and carry on.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

Is...is this supposed to be some sort of iron clad gotcha? You'd figure the fact that she has Ukrainian roots would mean she would have at least a basic understanding of the history behind the flag she was holding. No matter, she deleted the tweet and uploaded a sanitized version soon after.

Smart-Select-20220305-191133-Chrome.jpg

Thank God Seinfeld GIF by HULU
Echo beach far away in time :messenger_musical:

Romulus

One downed, one damaged. Which is pretty unacceptable for a stealth aircraft.

WTH, that's absolutely ridiculously good. Stealth isn't 100% either, never has been. Go back and watch the AA gunfire and rockets during the invasion of Bagdad. These Russian goofs would have lost 50 million jets going against something like that. Hell farmers are shooting them down left and right in the middle of fields lol

Last edited:

TheGrat1

At a geopolitical level I think NATO will be happy with the outcome of this conflict.
It has shown them what the Russian military capabilities are, and it has allowed them to destroy the Russian economy with sanctions. This war will cost Russia in lives, reputation and money.
If the West wanted to contain and reduce Russia's influence, this was a master-stroke for them.

The PRC's economy is much stronger and interconnected but still it has to give Xi pause, if the prospects of a seaborn invasion already did not.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Enters thread

*Users gleefully cheering at random soldier being shot down and probably killed*

pepe-frog.gif

That random soldier and his aircraft won’t be able to kill innocent Ukrainian citizens, so maybe just a tiny cheer? Or just a small sigh of relief that there’s one less Russian illegally in Ukraine?

The point here is that when someone is an aggressor, it’s perfectly okay for the rest of us to not feel bad when they get killed.

Further: the more Russian soldiers are dying, it automatically means the less Ukrainian non combatants are dying, so yes… I think I will cheer actually.

I’d cheer loudest if Russia pulled out of Ukraine, so nobody else had to die on either side.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Vaush is a lolicon respector who doesn't believe in nation states and has an awful lots to say about horsecocks. I find that post by him kind of ironic.
I don't really care for any of this stuff, but he is probably the only one who as a political comentator got it right about this conflict. I am not that deep into his lore, to know anything about that stuff. I don't even know what "lolicon" is...

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Won't someone please think of the Russian pilots bombing civilians?!

Meta commentary aside, it's surreal watching a dictator recklessly attacking the civilian centers of a sovereign nation and the rest of the world simply watching it. I go to launch a video detailing some new atrocity and must watch an ad for Pizza Hut or Ikea or something first.

I realize the sanctions are severe and meant to avoid all-out war or worse, but still, sad and unreal.

You mean aggressor got eliminated? It's not like it was some bystander. There is war out there, it's not moral by default.
Soldiers are pawns of the political state and military-industrial complex. I don't wish death on any soldier. Russia is clearly the aggressor here, but that doesn’t mean I want to see young naive men killed for a pointless war propped up by a power-hungry and jealous dictator.

RAÏSanÏa

Soldiers are pawns of the political state and military-industrial complex. I don't wish death on any soldier. Russia is clearly the aggressor here, but that doesn’t mean I want to see young naive men killed for a pointless war propped up by a power-hungry and jealous dictator.
Has Russia asked for their dead back?

You do know their are several accounts now that confirm public executions were planned with this invasion?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom