• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackM1st

Banned
Ah, so apparently he's a HERO now. "Heroes doesn't die!" Yes, they're getting shot in a head in front of the court and being called traitors.

Despicable.

xFhPUuT.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
FNBNMRgXIAkbMZj

Is this legit? Apparently it sais Russia controls 40% of Ukraine or something. Saw this in an obscure site.
Define "control". Russia has an upper hand and effectively blocked majority of Ukrainian forces, but Russian forces aren't going to the western Ukraine. Yet.

It's all about Mariupol, Kharkov, Odessa and obviously Kiev.

Odessa is getting slowly surrounded, but there's no heavy fighting there yet.

Most of Ukrainian forces are blocked in Mariupol because it's located next to separatists regions and was HEAVILY defended. It's still full of civilians too.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm lost. Why is the Israeli Prime Minister flying to Moscow to have talks with Putin, then flying back out to Germany? Could Israel be peacemakers and end this war? Why would Putin even want to talk to Israel?

I'm lost. Why is the Israeli Prime Minister flying to Moscow to have talks with Putin, then flying back out to Germany? Could Israel be peacemakers and end this war? Why would Putin even want to talk to Israel?

Why wouldn't he want to talk to Israel? Also Israel has an interest in peace. Any grain shortages threaten the stability of other Middle Eastern regimes. If the conflict in Russia is on-going, and grains become scarce as a result, Israel will be dealing with some very unstable governments all around it, and who knows what could come out of that.

IDKFA

Why wouldn't he want to talk to Israel? Also Israel has an interest in peace. Any grain shortages threaten the stability of other Middle Eastern regimes. If the conflict in Russia is on-going, and grains become scarce as a result, Israel will be dealing with some very unstable governments all around it, and who knows what could come out of that.

Thank you for explaining why Israel went for talks with Putin.

Is this likely to stop the war?

Wildebeest

Israel abstained in the UN vote against Russia. There are a lot of Russian Jews in Israel who have a lot of political power there and still have family and contacts in Russia.

IDKFA

Israel abstained in the UN vote against Russia. There are a lot of Russian Jews in Israel who have a lot of political power there and still have family and contacts in Russia.

So he's flown out to safeguard the Russian Jewish population?

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Ukraine says YES so far. But you know... They say a lot of things. I think it will happen, but I expect nothing. Cities are still full of civilians unfortunately.
Yeah Ukraine is the only one saying a lot of things. Meanwhile Russian violates the humanitarian corridors they agreed to. They claim to have taken minimal losses compared to what they have actually taken. And Putin continues to call the Ukranians "Nazi's".

This thread sometimes man lol

Last edited:

FunkMiller

I see #russophobia is trending on Twitter.

Because what’s really important now is being nice to Russian people and not calling them names… rather than Ukrainians being blown to fucking pieces.

Good grief.

The Kremlin Twitter farm in full action.

ManaByte

Gold Member

Because what’s really important now is being nice to Russian people and not calling them names… rather than Ukrainians being blown to fucking pieces.

Good grief.

No it's just fucked up Twitter who still gives Putin a platform (with TWO accounts) while he's bombing little kids.

RAÏSanÏa

Good grief.

The message from the same farm to question these types of things is out there.
Evil devours itself.
medical-caduceus-symbol-concept-d-rendered-illustration-two-snakes-forming-wreath-composition-white-background-64094739.jpg

Wildebeest

This is pretty nutty if true. Both the content and that the FSB is in such chaos that this sort of thing is leaking.

* The whole thing was drawn up by moron political advisers. A special "surprise" given to people with brains to execute.
* There are real doubts that Russia could withdraw if they wanted to. Total disorder in command.
* You can't expect Russian death figures to be accurate, as they simply have no idea what is going on.
* They are equipped for a quick "sprint" to Kyiv so do not have logistics to run a "marathon".
* There is doubt that the "red button" system would even work, due to lack of transparency in its maintenance and general belief that Putin is an isolated weirdo who shouldn't be respected if he made such a decision.

And much more in there.

Loope

Cracking Up Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

This should go straight to op [imho].

Ukraine says YES so far. But you know... They say a lot of things. I think it will happen, but I expect nothing. Cities are still full of civilians unfortunately.

I think both of you need to just come out a say clearly you support Russia in all this shit and stop acting coy about it.

Always trying to throw shade at everything from the Ukraine side and put Russian side in a good light. And the cities are full of civilians because fucking Russia didn't respect the cease fire to evacuate people, that was seen on every major network.

But you know, its Ukraine that say a lot of things, it was Ukraine that invaded a sovereign country and started shooting everywhere once their ass was out in the open, while threatening the west with nuclear weapons because things aren't going as they thought. It was Ukraine that came up with a completely retarded explanation to why they're invading another country, it was Ukraine that started hitting a damn nuclear powerstation like no one's business.

And in order to control something it's not just hoisting a flag and call it a day, let's how much of that front will Russia control in a few weeks, assuming the other dipshit doesn't order carpet bombings all over the place.

Stay strong comrade and fuck off.

haxan7

Banned
What’s the likelihood Putin has a broader strategy in mind that involves drawing Europe and Western powers into the conflict in order to weaken the US and Europe?

FunkMiller

I think both of you need to just come out a say clearly you support Russia in all this shit and stop acting coy about it.

Always trying to throw shade at everything from the Ukraine side and put Russian side in a good light. And the cities are full of civilians because fucking Russia didn't respect the cease fire to evacuate people, that was seen on every major network.

But you know, its Ukraine that say a lot of things, it was Ukraine that invaded a sovereign country and started shooting everywhere once their ass was out in the open, while threatening the west with nuclear weapons because things aren't going as they thought. It was Ukraine that came up with a completely retarded explanation to why they're invading another country, it was Ukraine that started hitting a damn nuclear powerstation like no one's business.

And in order to control something it's not just hoisting a flag and call it a day, let's how much of that front will Russia control in a few weeks, assuming the other dipshit doesn't order carpet bombings all over the place.

Ignore button is your friend, dude. The propagandists worst enemy 👍

Also, they can’t just be honest, because the mods will probably and rightly ban them. Best just not to engage at all. Starve them of the oxygen they so clearly crave, like the good Putin puppies they are.

Last edited:

I do wonder what they think their objective in this thread is when it’s not even to post accurate stuff for another side but to just speak to a subjective bias. To be fair to them I just think they’re edgelord contrarians rather than anything more sinister than that, a relic from when this site was full of them in the politics section.

BlackM1st

Banned
Ignore button is your friend, dude. The propagandists worst enemy 👍

Also, they can’t just be honest, because the mods will probably and rightly ban them. Best just not to engage at all. Starve them of the oxygen they so clearly crave, like the good Putin puppies they are.

Yes comrade. You tell em. Damn pesky propaganda spreading agents. How dare they say anything remotely different from the general line of our own propaganda and mock us all. They're probably spies. Shoot em in a head. Just don't call em heroes later.

Fare thee well

Neophyte

Good grief.

Yea it's frustrating. Like of course no one blames any average citizen for anything their fucked up government does, but someone having a shitty economic day should never take more attention over having families/people killed, homes physically destroyed, and being forced to evacuate compromised and vulnerable people. It's sad when any propoganda can distract us from this.

And even people empathizing with Russian soldiers... maybe this is big talk coming from me, but I would rather a bullet in my head than firing on people defending their homes and families; letalone people who are spiritually from the same background/homeland.

BlackM1st

Banned
not even to post accurate stuff for another side
Please.

Like any information from Russian sources will get any attention here. Will be called straight up propaganda and ignored.

Also, all the information I posted here was accurate. Ghost of Kiev shit, that Ukrainian tank destroying Ukrainian car, guy being shot in a head. Everything IS accurate.

But people doesn't care. First they say "need proofs", then it's the usual "well, ok, Ukraine is a victim, let's ignore it anyway..."

Yet a lunacy like this:

I think he'll try and the missile will blow up underground.

Considered as a legitimate concern. Groan.

stop fuck off GIF

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom