• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Just some people on a safari trip, out to hunt the greatest game of them all:

4rtut2v3qik81.jpg
Fire ass quote!!

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Who knows. Russia has a history of putting little value on the lives of thier troops.
That has continued to be the case. There have already been reports of the mobile crematoriums. Putin cares nothing for the lives of his soldiers and his people. The man is literally the modern Hitler with this move and his reasoning behind it and the craziest part is that it is not an exaggeration once you look at the parallels between this invasion and some of the things Hitler did early on before WW2 started.

Hitler wanted the lands where there were mostly German speaking people, He pretended to court peace, he claimed that Poland was the one who was really doing the damage, etc etc. The similarities are haunting to the point where I feel like there was some inspiration taken from them to be honest.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Soldiers are pawns of the political state and military-industrial complex. I don't wish death on any soldier. Russia is clearly the aggressor here, but that doesn’t mean I want to see young naive men killed for a pointless war propped up by a power-hungry and jealous dictator.

As stated, I’m only pleased to see combatants killed, because it means it prevents non combatants being killed. Russian soldiers are killing Ukrainian citizens. Less Russian soldiers, less civilians dead.

But there‘s no pleasure in any of this, because it’s a war. The only true pleasure I’d take in someone’s death would be Putin’s and all his coterie. Sadly unlikely.

Last edited:

Well, this would be truly excellent news… and comes from someone actually privy to intelligence briefings (Although his command of the English language is appalling).

Putin’s sounding more aggressive in his comments toward the resistance and sanctions too. Might be getting to ‘squeaky bum time’ for him as Alex Ferguson would say.

As stated, I’m only pleased to see combatants killed, because it means it prevents non combatants being killed. Russian soldiers are killing Ukrainian citizens. Less Russian soldiers, less civilians dead.

But there‘s no pleasure in any of this, because it’s a war. The only true pleasure I’d take in someone’s death would be Putin’s and all his coterie. Sadly unlikely.
Yea, I don't have any tolerance for soldiers who intentionally kill civilians. I really feel sorry for the people of Ukraine, I just wish this stupid war never started.

Last edited:

Romulus

I think you underestimate how many bodies Russian leadership is willing to throw into war.
You should look at the casualty rates for WWI and WWII.

This difference is social media. Even Russians have smartphones and eventually, the word will get to them that they are getting their asses kicked and no one likes them there. There's only so much a vodka-smelling Russian captain can do to motivate his ill-equipped soldiers.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Don't take this as a pro-Russian stance. I work with US veterans at the VA. I just don't want to see anyone suffer the horrors of war.

So did I. It's been years, but I did. I also know there's probably not 1 VA vet who would trade their situation to kill Putin. In fact, they would be happy to keep it going to see him die.

Fuck Putin, and fuck you to use to the vets to support your position.

Bored US Marines hopping over there to defend Ukraine as private citizens. Watch out, Putes.

Love it. Look, it's not a thing to sanction our collective bad asses to go whip some ass... Bad godspeed. Make them cry, boys.

FunkMiller

Love it. Look, it's not a thing to sanction our collective bad asses to go whip some ass... Bad godspeed. Make them cry, boys.

I know NATO isnt officially involved in combat, but I bet we’d all be surprised at the amount of private citizens from NATO countries who just happen to turn up somewhere at the exact same time weapons that they’re trained to use do as well…

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Respect to all the people working in hospitals around the conflict areas, that's a hellish job right now.

The house of this couple got bombed, this picture is when they run into the hospital with their 2-year-old kid. The kid died shortly after.

ir2MVDRRyGvJ8UdXKA8YUg_tir2uOJI1CYOpkDC5Pq0Q.jpg
I'm not a parent but I am an uncle. The little hands poking out from the bloody blanket just kills me man.

Just fuck all of this.

Romulus

Respect to all the people working in hospitals around the conflict areas, that's a hellish job right now.

The house of this couple got bombed, this picture is when they run into the hospital with their 2-year-old kid. The kid died shortly after.

ir2MVDRRyGvJ8UdXKA8YUg_tir2uOJI1CYOpkDC5Pq0Q.jpg

This shit is happening all over Ukraine I'm sure. God, please someone in Russia step up and show some real patriotism and stop this madness.

Outlier

Vaush is a lolicon respector who doesn't believe in nation states and has an awful lots to say about horsecocks. I find that post by him kind of ironic.
Vaush has worse issues than those. After hearing talk about a few topics, I'm convinced he is an evil person. When you have someone who believes in achieving power by any means necessary, you never let them have power.

I honestly think one of the biggest obstacle right now is breaking through to the internal population of Russia about the reality of this situation. They've severely tightened the grip around the media since this war broke out. Few know an actual invasion is going on and don't question it. The brainwash is surreal.

There are Russians with Ukrainian relatives who don't believe what their relatives are trying to tell them.

I'm more in favor of making "critical thinking" a mandatory subject in schools going forward.

Last edited:

LimanimaPT

I'd rather be an ant than a human.
Putin and all around him have to be judged for every single death in this war. I really hope tere's a god that will deliver the punishment they deserv.

This is pretty nutty if true. Both the content and that the FSB is in such chaos that this sort of thing is leaking.

* The whole thing was drawn up by moron political advisers. A special "surprise" given to people with brains to execute.
* There are real doubts that Russia could withdraw if they wanted to. Total disorder in command.
* You can't expect Russian death figures to be accurate, as they simply have no idea what is going on.
* They are equipped for a quick "sprint" to Kyiv so do not have logistics to run a "marathon".
* There is doubt that the "red button" system would even work, due to lack of transparency in its maintenance and general belief that Putin is an isolated weirdo who shouldn't be respected if he made such a decision.

And much more in there.

Updated post from the author and his source:

Additional back up source(s):

Some extra takeaways:
-The Russians are supposedly planning to turn Ukrainian prisons/pententiaries into some kind of concentration camps if this is to be believed.
-The FSB are supposedly trying to recruit convicted prisoners into battle, but many refuse.
-The situation in Russia is destabilizing quickly and might lead to an internal strife within their own security services.
-Many institutions have suspended normal operations.
-Arbitrary use of torture and police brutality is escalating within Russia.
-Morale is low due to low income among other things due to the economy accelerating into an impending collapse.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Some extra takeaways:
-The Russians are supposedly planning to turn Ukrainian prisons/pententiaries into some kind of concentration camps if this is to be believed.
-The FSB are supposedly trying to recruit convicted prisoners into battle, but many refuse.
-The situation in Russia is destabilizing quickly and might lead to an internal strife within their own security services.
I didn't fully understand what was being said about prisoners. There was the thought that it was good that the Russian army was not using conscripted convicts for this invasion, but I wasn't sure if it was only talking about prison populations exploding at home due to suppression of dissent. The writer compares this war to the old imperial war against Japan, where a lot of Russians were both given military experience and radicalized towards revolutionary communism. It could be that as soon as these conscripted soldiers go home, they could be facing a very long prison sentence.

Last edited:

MastaKiiLA

This is pretty nutty if true. Both the content and that the FSB is in such chaos that this sort of thing is leaking.

* The whole thing was drawn up by moron political advisers. A special "surprise" given to people with brains to execute.
* There are real doubts that Russia could withdraw if they wanted to. Total disorder in command.
* You can't expect Russian death figures to be accurate, as they simply have no idea what is going on.
* They are equipped for a quick "sprint" to Kyiv so do not have logistics to run a "marathon".
* There is doubt that the "red button" system would even work, due to lack of transparency in its maintenance and general belief that Putin is an isolated weirdo who shouldn't be respected if he made such a decision.

And much more in there.

I question the validity of such claims. However, I do think the report touches on one thing that I find really puzzling, the end game. What exactly is Putin hoping for? The absolute best case scenario right now looks like Ukraine becomes a significant military and economic burden for Russia, as they fight a years/decades long insurgency.

I'm wondering what was the cataclysmic event that Putin saw coming for Russia, that spurred this disastrous invasion. What is Putin trying to protect against, because this looks like a resource grab, rather than some old USSR nostalgia kick. Are there some commodity that Russia can corner a market on by capturing Ukraine? Like can they squeeze the grain or precious metals markets with Ukraine under their control? Because there should logically be a long-term contingency plan for recovering from the financial crisis that this invasion has incurred....right?

I'll be honest, from where I'm sitting, it looks like Russia is proper fucked. I can only hope this will be Putin's Waterloo, and that at the end of this we can at least celebrate his exile/death. Yes, I think it's okay to celebrate the death of murderous pieces of shit like bitchtit Putes.

Wildebeest

I question the validity of such claims. However, I do think the report touches on one thing that I find really puzzling, the end game. What exactly is Putin hoping for? The absolute best case scenario right now looks like Ukraine becomes a significant military and economic burden for Russia, as they fight a years/decades long insurgency.
There are levels of validity in question here. Is the document authentic, and if so is the person who wrote it actually correctly informed and truly influential.

What it implies is that the Russian political advisers are not really considering military or geopolitical strategy at all, other than the image of Putin at home as a strong man who can deliver a revitalized Russia. This has to be a military strength because of sanctions already cutting back expectations of economic prosperity. Because the political faction feel like they have to show military strength for their survival, they deliberately ignored "nay sayers" or "fake experts" who actually have knowledge of military matters.

Airbus Jr

Banned

The ukraine are being super nice here

Cant imagine what kind of torture i have to endure if im a pilot getting caught by ww2 japanese or german army

Last edited:

Nikodemos

Updated post from the author and his source:
Some extra takeaways:
They did this in Donetsk/Luhansk. They turned prisons into Xinjiang-tier concentration/torture camps.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I've just seen images of Iprin. I'm ashamed I've shown some simpathy towards russian soldiers. I wish they all suffer terrible deaths. This is totally unacceptable. What a bunch of savages.
Don't remove the humanity for the soldiers that still do. Hatred brings only more hate.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

oh yeah sanctions are fully hitting people... but they can't protest because they will go to jail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom