• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tams

Gold Member
Me too. Don't know if he's a commie loving guy, but he sure is a fascist loving guy as russia is under a fascist regime.

He's a 'anyone who let's me do what I want' kind of guy.

If you're rich, then fascists and dictators can be quite accomodating to that. For a price.

Last edited:

Russia...from top to bottom, its populated by people who have no regard for human life.

This makes me rage beyond belief. Thinking about my own daughter being taken away from me and deported to some shithole rapist country. Can you imagine being one of the parents of these kids and seeing their face on this video. I'd go to Novosibirsk on a murder spree.

Last edited:

TwinB242

Musk has been a bit of an idiot but I don't think he is in the wrong here. SpaceX has already done more for Ukraine than the vast majority of other businesses, but its not really their responsibility to indefinitely give away hundreds of millions of dollars to continue supporting Starlink in the country. The U.S. and/or other governments should be picking up that tab.

Good Luck Putler. Ukraine already knows this shit and won't fall for it

homer simpson middle finger GIF

Ironbunny

Musk has been a bit of an idiot but I don't think he is in the wrong here. SpaceX has already done more for Ukraine than the vast majority of other businesses, but its not really their responsibility to indefinitely give away hundreds of millions of dollars to continue supporting Starlink in the country. The U.S. and/or other governments should be picking up that tab.

I agree. EU, UK and USA should pick the tap.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

The government is already doing that, Musk shut off service anyways.

nemiroff

Gold Member
If this turns out to be true, then Musk can go fuck himself. Who the hell runs the PR department at SpaceX and Tesla, it's unbelievable what this guy manages to utter. I mean:

"We pay for and donate everything in Ukraine, hundreds of millions of dollars! Someone else needs to pay!"

vs

Though Musk has received widespread acclaim and thanks for responding to requests for Starlink service to Ukraine right as the war was starting, in reality, the vast majority of the 20,000 terminals have received full or partial funding from outside sources, including the US government, the UK and Poland, according to the SpaceX letter to the Pentagon.

Is this his cynical way to somehow try to shoehorn his idiotic and damaging "peace plan"..? I don't know anymore, so much crazy stuff going on..

Edit: It also seems, AFAIK, that much of his crazy estimates are based on Starlink's business tier sub at premium price which of most likely is not at all anywhere near cost price.

Last edited:

winjer

lWtij43.jpg

All the money and cosmetic surgery in the world can't get rid of this man's little dick ego. How long before he calls zelenskky a pedophile?

I doubt Musk will call Zelensky a pedophile.
But I wouldn't be surprised if he started insinuating that Zelensky is a Nazi, a warmonger and that the war is his fault.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
What Russia is doing over there, in their own country is fucking off the wall. It's straight chaos over there. Multiple assassinations, bombing of infrastructure and businesses, this stupid war, not to mention the crazy shit that comes out of their propaganda machine. What a time to be alive.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
I remember hearing to Colin Moriarty saying that The US dropping the nukes on Japan end the war and save more lives because Japan was not going to surrender.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
What Russia is doing over there, in their own country is fucking off the wall. It's straight chaos over there. Multiple assassinations, bombing of infrastructure and businesses, this stupid war, not to mention the crazy shit that comes out of their propaganda machine. What a time to be alive.

It’s an ultra centralized country run from top to bottom… Putin could have always done this, he simply chose not to before.

The fun will be when trains stop working over there - they can’t replace critical parts that naturally west down with use and trains are the lifeblood of the country.

winjer

It’s an ultra centralized country run from top to bottom… Putin could have always done this, he simply chose not to before.

The fun will be when trains stop working over there - they can’t replace critical parts that naturally west down with use and trains are the lifeblood of the country.

He always did these things, but he was more subdue.
Also, things weren't so extreme so he only had to use these methods a few times.

Literal cannon fodder. Absolutely insane anyone thinks this is going to turn the tide or do anything than offer these poor folk up for the slaughter by modern NATO weapons.

From the news my wife listed, it seems Putler just wants to delay it as much as possible for winter and to see if Republicans can win. If they do, Putler wants to see if they will start dismantling Ukraine's support. Cannot say how effective it can be or true that is. I do see many Republicans stating they want to stop supporting Ukraine, I can see only how long the arm of money and corruption reach.

I hope those who are Republicans lose the elections.

Edit: After reading more, pretty much they pay for everything they will need, which makes this war a "pay to die" since your amazing government does not give 2 shits and they still continue with it instead of doing a revolt.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Petulant man baby and outright ally of Putin:

In case you thought he was actually trying to help. It was always publicity for him and his company. He also overcharged the US government per unit for Starlink stations (they retail for $600, he billed the US $1,500) for 3,670 Starlink terminals for Ukraine while only mentioning the 1,330 he donated. Starlink services are $110/month, so this is about $550,000 a month for the internet access. Musk earns millions an hour.

What an insufferable snowflake. I'll never understand why some people idolize him. What a small, narcissistic man.

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member
If this turns out to be true, then Musk can go fuck himself. Who the hell runs the PR department at SpaceX and Tesla, it's unbelievable what this guy manages to utter. I mean:

"We pay for and donate everything in Ukraine, hundreds of millions of dollars! Someone else needs to pay!"

vs

Is this his cynical way to somehow try to shoehorn his idiotic and damaging "peace plan"..? I don't know anymore, so much crazy stuff going on..

Edit: It also seems, AFAIK, that much of his crazy estimates are based on Starlink's business tier sub at premium price which of most likely is not at all anywhere near cost price.

Very much this. The cost of the satellites is already sunk, so the actual cost of running them is very low.

Now, of course they want and need to get back their (well, mostly others') investment in the satellites and they are theirs to do with as they please (to a degree - if they wish to keep their licences). But the realistic payback cost per month is far lower than the maritime tier sub. The premium subs may subsidise the lowest tier subs to some degree, but it doesn't seem like they are now offering the lower tiers.

And it's not like they are taking a major hit here, as quite a few of those satellites will need to be replaced in a few years anyway.

Thaedolus

Not if that dumb ass Elon pulls them out.
If he’s actually doing this because he felt personally slighted by an official’s response to his dumb take, it’s one of the most petty and ridiculous things I could imagine and a damning indictment of his character.

But he’s also a huge troll so who knows.

winjer

If he’s actually doing this because he felt personally slighted by an official’s response to his dumb take, it’s one of the most petty and ridiculous things I could imagine and a damning indictment of his character.

But he’s also a huge troll so who knows.

Musk is a bit of a Prima Dona...

Kenpachii

If Musk can close off your telecom because he is in a mood imagine what life would be like inside one of his spaceships or colonies where he controls the air you breathe. He's always been a bit of a shithead. I'm glad his pass is being revoked.

Exactly what i was thinking, no way in hell will i ever use his shit lol

Tams

Gold Member

It wouldn't be very Russian of them to work together, but they could, you know form a nice kicking circle around the enlisters and officers. Or smash their noggins in and leg it.

But no, they just shout at them and stand around.

nemiroff

Gold Member

It wouldn't be very Russian of them to work together, but they could, you know form a nice kicking circle around the enlisters and officers. Or smash their noggins in and leg it.

But no, they just shout at them and stand around.

Holy fuck this is bad. He's just a kid that doesn't want to die for nothing, go figure.. If the Russian people don't wake up soon, they'll have nothing left to fight for even in their own country.

Last edited:

Tams

Gold Member
I can’t believe this shit is going on and people aren’t lining up trying to kill this motherfucker.

We'll probably get a few come in here say, 'you wouldn't be brave enough!' (though I've probably already ignored them).

But:

1. Thankfully I don't need to (well, not yet at least).
2. It's a few people vs. a crowd in many cases. Even if they are armed, you can easily overcome them.
3. Either risk perhaps getting hurt or worse resisting them, or go to the front and likely die.

DJ12

Holy fuck this is bad. He's just a kid that doesn't want to die for nothing, go figure.. If the Russian people don't wake up soon, they'll have nothing left to fight for even in their own country.
Surely this kid is going to surrender the time he sees a Ukrainian. What value is there to this to putin efforts.

There thousands of ultra/hooligans he could be rounding up that like fighting, why not do us all a favour and sent them to get slaughtered.

Tams

Gold Member
Surely this kid is going to surrender the time he sees a Ukrainian. What value is there to this to putin efforts.

There thousands of ultra/hooligans he could be rounding up that like fighting, why not do us all a favour and sent them to get slaughtered.
A meat wall to grind Ukraine against.

Only, it's 2022, not 1942.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
A meat wall to grind Ukraine against.

Only, it's 2022, not 1942.
Yup. And not just the tactic, but the attitudes.

You're not going to see many modern day people cheering on going to the front lines. On the other hand, in old old black and white war videos of men leaving on a train or boat it's like they think it's a party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom