• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doczu

11dxjxR.png
Funny, i just got my yearly correction invoice and i had to pay up around 150 bucks more than last year. While using around 1kwh less than last year. And after they raised my bi monthly invoices by 50%.
So where is that cheap gas? Cause i didn't heat in the months the price went up and it still isn't back to the previous level. Still no winter but they raised my invoices by another 20%. I ain't laughing anymore

winjer

Funny, i just got my yearly correction invoice and i had to pay up around 150 bucks more than last year. While using around 1kwh less than last year. And after they raised my bi monthly invoices by 50%.
So where is that cheap gas? Cause i didn't heat in the months the price went up and it still isn't back to the previous level. Still no winter but they raised my invoices by another 20%. I ain't laughing anymore

Look at the graph and you´ll get your answer.

winjer

I look at my invoices i receive and pay, not on some graphs.

You are not very smart....
Like I said previously, gas prices are lowering considerably and it's only a matter of time until things normalize. I didn't say that prices are lower than in previous years.
Prices are still up compared to previous years, but they have dropped a lot since the peak in the late summer.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Remember when I said earlier ukrainians were about 5 kilometers from the P66 highway?

Well, rumors are flying that the big push just started. Apparently a very, very large amount of troops are rushing a line that's aprox 40km long.

Rumors, of course. Take it with a grain of salt.

edit: tomorrow we'll see if it was true...

Last edited:
Jeez I mean Hitler was a vile, evil, sadistic, pathetic, despicable human being but at least HE got the trains to run on time. It seems Putin can't even do that, he really is a pathetic short arse.

I have been recently watching a Russian youtuber by the name of Konstantine. He is pretty chill as Russians go (no love for Putin or what is happening in Ukraine). His latest video really paints a stark picture of the condition of Russia right now

Generally I don't like to make predictions about how this war will end. The people of Ukraine have shown incredible courage, stamina and sheer utter balls. I still remember when we all thought "this will be over in 3 days" when Russia invaded. I don't think anyone could've predicted we would still be here 8 months later watching the fantastic Ukrainians kicking the shit out of the Russians. Ultimately though I don't think the victory will happen in Ukraine, it will happen in Moscow when Putin falls to his death from a ground floor window. The credit for the victory will still belong to the brave Ukrainians. They stood up to a vile bully and basically said "fuck off not on my watch mate". Europe and the West will owe Ukraine a huge debt for what they have accomplished. If they hadn't stood up to Russia things could've been far worse. This is something the likes of Elon and some posters in this topic do not seem to grasp. If we do not stop Putin and Russia now it will only get worse and become even more dangerous to try and stop him later.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth

fuck me... one of those cunts is my age, taken from some buttfuck village in the arsehole of Russia then 3 days later given a shitty weapon and dropped off at a line of trenches showing signs of heavy damage from shelling, told to get in and hold the line then their commander fucks off and they spend the next couple of days getting shelled and then the trenches fill with water from the rain... lol you couldn’t make it up, luckily they said fuck this and left and came across a Ukrainian checkpoint and immediately surrendered..

That video needs to be seen by everyone in Russia, this is what awaits you, Putin & the Oligarchs don’t give two shits about your life, you’ll get no training, no supplies and in 2022 thrown into a fucking WW1 trench and told to hold the line against precision shelling that can hit the middle of the fucking trench or an MLRS will air burst above you and saturate the entire line with 150,000 ball bearings killing everyone… 2022!!??

As much as I hate the fucking Russians, I have to feel sorry for those sad bastards, fed a constant diet of incredibly fucking stupid to us westerners propaganda about how evil we all are for years and you’re willing to jump on a bus and go fight to protect the motherland, it’s incredibly frustrating that one man is committing crimes against humanity not only against Ukrainians but his own people and no one is doing anything about HIM, we have another fucking Hitler in the world and everybody is just sitting around letting him breathe air..

mxbison

fuck me... one of those cunts is my age, taken from some buttfuck village in the arsehole of Russia then 3 days later given a shitty weapon and dropped off at a line of trenches showing signs of heavy damage from shelling, told to get in and hold the line then their commander fucks off and they spend the next couple of days getting shelled and then the trenches fill with water from the rain... lol you couldn’t make it up, luckily they said fuck this and left and came across a Ukrainian checkpoint and immediately surrendered..

That video needs to be seen by everyone in Russia, this is what awaits you, Putin & the Oligarchs don’t give two shits about your life, you’ll get no training, no supplies and in 2022 thrown into a fucking WW1 trench and told to hold the line against precision shelling that can hit the middle of the fucking trench or an MLRS will air burst above you and saturate the entire line with 150,000 ball bearings killing everyone… 2022!!??

As much as I hate the fucking Russians, I have to feel sorry for those sad bastards, fed a constant diet of incredibly fucking stupid to us westerners propaganda about how evil we all are for years and you’re willing to jump on a bus and go fight to protect the motherland, it’s incredibly frustrating that one man is committing crimes against humanity not only against Ukrainians but his own people and no one is doing anything about HIM, we have another fucking Hitler in the world and everybody is just sitting around letting him breathe air..

Yeah it sucks for the people in rural areas who really have no idea what is going on outside of their bullshit bubble.

People in Moscow who choose to eat all that shit up although they could just switch their brains on for a minute? Fuck em.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member

Absolutely crazy, the whole system in Russia has been designed that everyone is afraid of not doing what they are told by the higher ups, people are saying the Russian people should "rise up", but we have seen what happens when a few hundred even try in Red Square, the heavies are out immediately and it's 15 years in the gulag or away to the front lines in todays present situation. Totally fucked.

"The problem is that this system didn't create a society. There are a lot of very nice people in Russia. But there is no civil society. That's why Russia can't resist."

MrA

Absolutely crazy, the whole system in Russia has been designed that everyone is afraid of not doing what they are told by the higher ups, people are saying the Russian people should "rise up", but we have seen what happens when a few hundred even try in Red Square, the heavies are out immediately and it's 15 years in the gulag or away to the front lines in todays present situation. Totally fucked.

[/URL]

"The problem is that this system didn't create a society. There are a lot of very nice people in Russia. But there is no civil society. That's why Russia can't resist."
Don't forget the much celebrated secret police , and putin dont mind punishing your family, so fear is a real thing

nemiroff

Gold Member

WTF.. What he just wrote can be directly converted into more pain and suffering for Ukrainians. How can he not know. It would be INFINITELY better if he just kept his weak and pathetic mouth shut.. I'm lost for words here..

Edit: Ok, looking at Macron's chain of tweets there's actually a little bit more context to what he wrote, and thus it wasn't as bad as the tweet looked alone, although it's of course bad enough.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
The French appearing weak when it comes to warfare?

You Dont Say Nicholas Cage GIF

The French have also contributed very little to Ukraine compared to other nations.

In terms of a world war, if NATO decided enough was enough and declared war on Russia, it wouldn't be much of a world war. NATO would steamroll Russia. Who would come to Russia's aid? The rest of the CSTO? Please. Still no match for NATO. Nobody else would bother getting involved.

The reason this hasn't happened yet is because of the real threat of nukes, and although NATO outmatch Russia and the CSTO in every field, it would still be a very long and bloody conflict.

Best we can do now is keep training Ukrainian troops and supplying them with the best weapons possible.

Might aswel put up their national flag
black sails i give up GIF by STARZ

Congrats on completely missing the point. What are the targets and objectives of both sides and are they realistic? Because if not they are worthless.

Russia will invade all of Ukraine? Not without committing way more forces.

Is Ukraine able to take back occupied territories ? Because if not petitioning international community will do nothing.

We didn't even go 9 months of this conflict and the whole of Europe is already tired, facing one of the largest economic and energy crisis ever, and that after 2 years of Covid. Do you really think Germans, French, Polish are ready to throw their countries into the gutter to save Ukrainians?
I see your French, seems it's a country thing. Make sure we dont anger daddy Putin.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

The French have also contributed very little to Ukraine compared to other nations.

In terms of a world war, if NATO decided enough was enough and declared war on Russia, it wouldn't be much of a world war. NATO would steamroll Russia. Who would come to Russia's aid? The rest of the CSTO? Please. Still no match for NATO. Nobody else would bother getting involved.

The reason this hasn't happened yet is because of the real threat of nukes, and although NATO outmatch Russia and the CSTO in every field, it would still be a very long and bloody conflict.

Best we can do now is keep training Ukrainian troops and supplying them with the best weapons possible.

Lets be brutally fucking honest here… when we refer to ‘NATO’ what we actually mean is the USA, UK, with minor support from Baltic countries. France and Germany have to be dragged kicking and screaming into doing anything, and nobody else has much military or soft power.

GladiusFrog

Adam Curtis has a documentary coming out today on the BBC iplayer, Really wish I could watch... its for folks in the UK only. :messenger_pensive:

TraumaZone: What It Felt Like to Live Through the Collapse of Communism and Democracy​

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Lets be brutally fucking honest here… when we refer to ‘NATO’ what we actually mean is the USA, UK, with minor support from Baltic countries. France and Germany have to be dragged kicking and screaming into doing anything, and nobody else has much military or soft power.
I mean Poland, we also helps, you can call it "minor help", but still small NATO countries are helping.

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
Russia is a top contributor to world economics once Putin’s out and you put that country with a good leader it will come down to Putin’s health he’s 70 I believe there’s several other reasons to get Putin out.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Russia is a top contributor to world economics once Putin’s out and you put that country with a good leader it will come down to Putin’s health he’s 70 I believe there’s several other reasons to get Putin out.
Unfortunately, AFAIK most of if not all the likely leaders to replace Vlad are also ultraconservatives and with an abhorrent russkiy mir view. ruzzia "needs" a total collapse to a full reset, and we're hopefully getting there.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I don’t dare to imagine the killcounts of the Bahkmut defenders: over two months Wagner has been trying to take over that city sending waves of soldiers, ww1 style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom