• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tams

Gold Member
"U.S. President Joe Biden told G7 and NATO partners that a missile blast in Poland was caused by a Ukrainian air defence missile, a NATO source told Reuters on Wednesday"

Im not gonna lower myself to your level.
Enjoy your tasty crow😚
No crow for me when I said, 'If they knew it was'.

There's no evidence so far that they did, and you're boasting now after more information has come out.

It seems Ukraine jumped the gun, as they have done before.

And my point still stands: 'not from Russia' doesn't mean 'not fired by Russia'.

FunkMiller

I am sure Ukraine didn't do it on purpose - then someone in Ukraine will be charged with involuntary manslaughter for the death of two Poles, correct? Because that is a clear definition of what happened.

I am comparing a woman being raped to your crazy justification for why it happened with "well if Russia didn't invade Ukraine they wouldn't have fired air-defense missiles DUH". That line of thinking is crazy. Russia invading Ukraine is one thing, Ukrainians firing a missile that malfunctioned and killed Polish civilians is another thing. Russia is responsible for the first part, Ukraine for the second.

Don't be so bloody ridiculous. The reason the defensive missiles were used was because Russia is constantly bombarding Ukrainians with their missiles. No illegal Russian civilian bombing... no defensive missile use, or malfunction. Of course the Russians are ultimately responsible for any deaths that occur during this war, because they started the fucking war.

Honestly, you sound like a Russian shill.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Poland will not trigger Article 4 - either the Latvian president was wrong, or Polish President changed his mind because the missile was not fired by Russia.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Just seen this on plebbit;

Just check the co-ordinates, morons who fired the missles made a massive typo

Kyiv/Coordinates 50.4501° N, 30.5234°E

Lviv/Coordinates 49.842957 ° N, 24.031111° E

Poland target 50.4501° N 24.031111° E

Check the co-ordinates. Those idiots punched in the wrong co-ordinates from each city. Fucking morons.

Liljagare

I would still like to see some more images of the wreckage, were some available but seems like they got pulled? Managed to nab one from a swedish news site.

WxFzw0k.png

Just a few more images and anyone would be able to identify the missile used. :\

Doczu

Check the co-ordinates. Those idiots punched in the wrong co-ordinates from each city. Fucking morons.
This is so stupid... That i might believe they did it...

Tams

Gold Member

Holy shit, it does.

That's one might coincidence if it is as it seems that it was a Ukrainian S300.

LimanimaPT

Wow. This matches. Very strange...

Edit: can't this coordinates be manipulated to get this results? I mean there's a lot of coordinates in each city.

Last edited:

winjer

To think these morons have nuclear ICBMs....

FunkMiller

I mean, it's possible. I wouldn't put it past the Russians to make that kind of basic error at this stage. However, GPS co-ordinates do cover quite a lot of ground, so they can be manipulated to show an outcome.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

🤷‍♀️

Wait and see

Yep saw the news a bit ago. Turns out Russia launched something like 90 cruise missiles at Ukraine and Ukraine was defending itself as best it could.

So a Ukrainian missile, but ultimately still Russia's fault. Hopefully this means Ukraine will be getting a better system in place to help prevent anything like this happening again.

Apologies rofif rofif

Last edited:

FunkMiller

So a Ukrainian missile, but ultimately still Russia's fault. Hopefully this means Ukraine will be getting a better system in place to help prevent anything like this happening again.

Even the most advanced missile defence systems can be a crap shoot. They’re never going to get one that’s 100% fool proof, because they never are. Like you say, they’re trying their best, and the ones at fault are the Russians for bombing them in the first place.

You wouldn’t blame or convict the cop who accidentally killed a bystander with a ricocheting bullet, in a gun fight with a gang of armed robbers. You’d rightly blame the armed robbers. Same thing here.

Yeah, let's not go this way. It's the same kind of argument as "she wouldn't been raped if she was not wearing a short skirt". This argument is stupid AF, and so is yours. Ukrainians could have as well managed their missile defense better.
You're a fucking moron

What's happening in and to Ukraine is terrible, but it is allowed to defend itself from scum. Accidents happen, but none of it would have happened if Russia hadn't have invaded in February

Have you been raped? I'm glad you find it so easy to casually throw it around as a joke. Rape isn't something you make light of, it is a horrible act of violence that I hope you never have to deal with in your shitty life

Go fuck yourself

Thaedolus

Even the most advanced missile defence systems can be a crap shoot. They’re never going to get one that’s 100% fool proof, because they never are. Like you say, they’re trying their best, and the ones at fault are the Russians for bombing them in the first place.

You wouldn’t blame or convict the cop who accidentally killed a bystander with a ricocheting bullet, in a gun fight with a gang of armed robbers. You’d rightly blame the armed robbers. Same thing here.
Correct. Russia is ultimately to blame, but it’s important to know the source of the missiles and intent behind them in order to determine the appropriate response. Russia intentionally firing on Poland is a completely different scenario than a Ukrainian missile fired in self defense going astray

Nobody_Important

Agreed. And while no system is ever full proof this would be a strong case for Ukraine being supplied a better one if it's readily available.

The funny thing is Russia will initially see this as a win, but all it will do is result in Ukraine getting better weapons to shoot down their attacks lol

Cyberpunkd

You're a fucking moron

What's happening in and to Ukraine is terrible, but it is allowed to defend itself from scum. Accidents happen, but none of it would have happened if Russia hadn't have invaded in February

Have you been raped? I'm glad you find it so easy to casually throw it around as a joke. Rape isn't something you make light of, it is a horrible act of violence that I hope you never have to deal with in your shitty life

Go fuck yourself
You need to chill and re-read my message, since it is obvious you did not do so. I was not joking about rape (feel free to point it out in my message), I only mentioned making Russia responsible for Ukrainians misfiring a missile is a stretch.

As for 'accidents happen' - bro, tell that to the families of two Poles that died. It's not even their war, it's not even their COUNTRY that is at war.

FeralEcho

Yeah, let's not go this way. It's the same kind of argument as "she wouldn't been raped if she was not wearing a short skirt". This argument is stupid AF, and so is yours. Ukrainians could have as well managed their missile defense better.

What is proves however is not only media but governments no longer stopping for a moment to think and consider the consequences of their actions. Poland gave Russian's ambassador an official diplomatic note during the night in connection with the explosion - they are going to apologize now?
The irony in saying his argument is stupid AF while you're providing an example of a woman getting raped to Russia trying to genocide an entire nation is quite something,Holy Shit.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

You need to chill and re-read my message, since it is obvious you did not do so. I was not joking about rape (feel free to point it out in my message), I only mentioned making Russia responsible for Ukrainians misfiring a missile is a stretch.

As for 'accidents happen' - bro, tell that to the families of two Poles that died. It's not even their war, it's not even their COUNTRY that is at war.

You seem intent on pushing blame for this tragic incident on the Ukrainians.

You're a bit of a fool if you don't understand that we all see this, and know exactly what you're doing.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

The fault is Russia's. It's Ukraine's mistake yes, but it's one that wouldnt have been made if Russia hadn't been lobbing dozens of cruise missiles at their energy grid.

You are directing your anger at the wrong source.

Attack the argument, not the poster. Lay off the insults.

Bro? I'm not your bro, your pal, or friend, so "bro", fuck off.
You (and only you) for some unknown reason, casually brought up the "rape argument". It wasn't being discussed, or hinted at, and you just randomly add it as if it's nothing. A joke. Something so trivial to you that it's just a throw away comment. Fuck you

It's not Polands war. Guess what...its not Ukraines either. They were happily getting along, doing their own thing when Russia decided to invade. That's Russias fault, not Ukraines, meaning that anything after that happens is Russias problem

If Russia stops fighting today, the war ends

If Ukraine stops fighting today, there is no Ukraine

You have no idea about rape, or apparently how to be a decent fucking human being

Last edited:

TwinB242

Eventhough its Russia's fault, Zelensky and other Ukranian officials coming out and calling it a Russian missile does not look good for them.

The worst blame lies with the many Ukranian accounts on twitter that are little more than propaganda. WarMonitor and NOEL in particular are 2 of the biggest culprits of this who are constantly posting false and misleading info.

While Russian propaganda is as bad if not worse but they don't have the same presence on twitter so we don't have to rely on them for information. But the Ukranian stuff is really getting out of hand especially with the large amount of followers these accounts have. A lot of the stuff they post spreads like wildfire regardless of its accuracy.

I mean shit NOEL claimed the other day that Ukranians crossed the dnipro river and were already liberating villages where the new Russian defence lines were located. That would be no different from Russia suddenly coming out and claiming they finally captured Bakhmut eventhough there's no evidence on the ground of that.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Yep saw the news a bit ago. Turns out Russia launched something like 90 cruise missiles at Ukraine and Ukraine was defending itself as best it could.

Apologies rofif rofif
Hey no problem, I am too blunt too...
btw I got heavily downvoted and called a coward for some reason on reddit when I said just that - that it's a misfire self defense rocket and Russia is to blame. World has gone crazy with this social media...
Anyway, President speech today confirmed that. He says he does not blame Ukraine and it's Russia at fault. He says that Ukraine had full right to defend themselves and it looks like a bad accident.

It is very rare but I am somewhat proud of the government reaction this time.
They were ON POINT yesterday 1am with president talking and servicemen already there.
Then today, quickly they addressed more concerns and most importantly - nobody aside form newspapers goes around spreading fake news and blaming Ukraine.
very nice for once.

Of course these people still died... It's a causality of war. I know Ukraine will be very sorry for that. I am sure both governments will fully support the family

Nobody_Important

Eventhough its Russia's fault, Zelensky and other Ukranian officials coming out and calling it a Russian missile does not look good for them.

The worst blame lies with the many Ukranian accounts on twitter that are little more than propaganda. WarMonitor and NOEL in particular are 2 of the biggest culprits of this who are constantly posting false and misleading info.

While Russian propaganda is as bad if not worse but they don't have the same presence on twitter so we don't have to rely on them for information. But the Ukranian stuff is really getting out of hand especially with the large amount of followers these accounts have. A lot of the stuff they post spreads like wildfire regardless of its accuracy.

I mean shit NOEL claimed the other day that Ukranians crossed the dnipro river and were already liberating villages where the new Russian defence lines were located. That would be no different from Russia suddenly coming out and claiming they finally captured Bakhmut eventhough there's no evidence on the ground of that.
I'm willing to bet that Zelensky and the rest of them didn't know. The recent attacks on their energy grid has given them disruptions to what was an already intermittent power grid in many areas. Plus the majority of their intelligence is coming from NATO satellites and agencies. Given that lack of immediate knowledge and the fact that Russia launched so many missiles into the country it's perfectly reasonable to assume that it was them and not your own countermeasures that caused the damage. Also keep in mind that Ukraine would obviously know that given NATOs resources they would be able to easily tell the difference between a SAM and an actual cruise missile.

So they absolutely jumped the gun in saying it was a Russian missile strike, but doesn't necessarily mean that they were intentionally trying to cover up their mistake or mislead Poland and the rest of NATO.

Even though I am no longer there, but there are increased shelling of the Russian infrastructure in my town, so I think that it won't be too long before they move out of my hometown as well, I keep close contact with several neighbors of mine, they even said that Ukrainian cell service is reaching us from all over the Kherson, my town is located 32KM from Kherson by the way, just for the scale.

RAÏSanÏa

I wonder what all these countries will do when the war ends with Putin still in power?

Survivorau GIF by Australian Survivor

Virtue signalling, world diplomacy edition.
Then Russia will still considered a terrorist state until the legislation changes. This must really bother you to go back 2 weeks to bring this forward.
In many countries the terrorist designation comes with diplomatic and economic sanctions that will and should continue after the war until the country is shown not to have imperial or terrorist ambitions. Shown it's changed its ways, no one trusts Russians or people with their lying tendencies to keep their word.

The US should inquire into the possibility of leasing Sevastopol from Ukraine after this.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Poland gave Russian's ambassador an official diplomatic note during the night in connection with the explosion - they are going to apologize now?
Why would they apologize? It's Russia's fault the incident took place at all.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Then Russia will still considered a terrorist state until the legislation changes. This must really bother you to go back 2 weeks to bring this forward.
In many countries the terrorist designation comes with diplomatic and economic sanctions that will and should continue after the war until the country is shown not to have imperial or terrorist ambitions. Shown it's changed its ways, no one trusts Russians or people with their lying tendencies to keep their word.

The US should inquire into the possibility of leasing Sevastopol from Ukraine after this.

Are these people retarded? How would that even work?

I am sure Ukraine didn't do it on purpose - then someone in Ukraine will be charged with involuntary manslaughter for the death of two Poles, correct? Because that is a clear definition of what happened.

I am comparing a woman being raped to your crazy justification for why it happened with "well if Russia didn't invade Ukraine they wouldn't have fired air-defense missiles DUH". That line of thinking is crazy. Russia invading Ukraine is one thing, Ukrainians firing a missile that malfunctioned and killed Polish civilians is another thing. Russia is responsible for the first part, Ukraine for the second.
It's good and all calling out the media for jumping the gun. But you sound nothing but a Russian Stan on this thread and it's embarrassing.

RAÏSanÏa

Are these people retarded? How would that even work?
They're unlikely the ones who are retarded. Prestige to Russians, due to vanity, is a big thing. Even recognizing them as terrorists by their behavior, since it harms prestige, works against their thin facade of civilization they present. Concrete effects vary by nuances of jurisdiction. Travel of citizens is one that comes to mind, extra security on all trade. Sure you can come up with others. Pragmatic in that it's using suitable ready made legislation instead of making new stuff.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

It's good and all calling out the media for jumping the gun. But you sound nothing but a Russian Stan on this thread and it's embarrassing.

Given the fact he's just calling out Russia's attempted genocidal activities as nothing more than 'hyperbole', I've happily added him to the ignore list, with all the other vatniks. Suggest everyone else does the same, as he'd obviously only here to troll and give veiled support to Russia.

Last edited:
LOL what.

No it isn't, comparing that would be the same as saying if ukraine didn't try and defend itself , it would'nt have happened.

If russia didn't shoot rockets at Ukraine, this wouldn't have ever happened. This isn't a stretch by a long shot.

Given the fact he's just calling out Russia's attempted genocidal activities as nothing more than 'hyperbole', I've happily added him to the ignore list, with all the other vatniks. Suggest everyone else does the same, as he'd obviously only here to troll and give veiled support to Russia.
Where's that post? Should report that shit

Nobody_Important

Yep Ukraine had no idea it was their own SAM. This is from the Defense secretary of Ukraine.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
They're unlikely the ones who are retarded. Prestige to Russians, due to vanity, is a big thing. Even recognizing them as terrorists by their behavior, since it harms prestige, works against their thin facade of civilization they present. Concrete effects vary by nuances of jurisdiction. Travel of citizens is one that comes to mind, extra security on all trade. Sure you can come up with others. Pragmatic in that it's using suitable ready made legislation instead of making new stuff.

I meant the ones marching for Russia to "capture Washington".

chromhound

Gold Member

That might be what actually happened lol
Dallas Cowboys Eye Roll GIF by ScooterMagruder

nemiroff

Gold Member

Your brain is so fucked up beyond belief. Go fling your feces around somewhere else please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom