• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinnergy

There's not gonna be a military NATO response over this if that's what you mean. It would have to be very clear that it was an intentional attack for that to happen, and I don't know if that can be proven. They're not gonna start WW3 over what might have been an incompetent mistake.
If it’s a mistake .. maybe we should give Russia a card on which we can say , you get 10 mistakes .. but that’s it .. really ..

People , he plays us like a fiddle .. first annexation in 2014, MH-17, now a war ..

When is it enough,?

Last edited:

lyan

Is it unintentional if you know your stuff is inaccurate and you still fire them? next time it could be a school with 200.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Edit: Hang on. Forgot about the clowns new "verification" system on Twitter.

Need to double check.

Last edited:

LimanimaPT

This would be great (except for the 2 inocent deaths) if this leads to more and better weapons delivered to Ukraine. Airplanes for instance.

Nobody_Important

Sure, that makes sense. Still a long way from Article 5.
Well I'm not sure. The article is in polish and the guy being verified means literally nothing these days thanks to the circus at Twitter.

I'm trying to find another source.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

Stopping it before we have another full on Hitler situation . Going to war. There I said it.

Disabling Russia before it can even do more harm .
That can't and won't happen unless there is a major offensive against a member nation and while Putting is clearly deranged he isn't THAT crazy.

Woke up from a peaceful sleep and decided to quickly scroll Twitter and saw WW3 trending again...and it might actually kick off now.

I wish NATO could go all in and wipe Putin out real fucking fast but oh nukes! What the fuck are we meant to do? I wouldn't blame Poland if they wanted to invoke A5 but we can't risk a fucking nuclear war.

LQX

Poland hates Russia, so this for sure will put them on edge but hopefully nothing comes from this. Russia is already fucked, no reason for a world war. Spend that money helping Ukraine.

FunkMiller

Calm down fellas. This is a targeting error by the orcs that will be used as a good reason to push for more arms to Ukraine. Nothing is escalating, other than the weaponry that NATO allows Ukraine to use.

Warfare is not precise, predictable or easy. This type of stupid shit happens, and those in charge of NATO know that.

Thaedolus

You can’t even not react .. there are strict rules for this. If NATO doesn’ t react accordingly, why do we even have a NATO? It would be a Western Paper tiger ..

Putin is just playing the whole Western world . Anyone with half a brain saw this coming when he started mobilizing more than a year ago.

We are past all the talking it’s time to disarm Russia before he can spin up his complete war machine. Producing war products .

Of course. But that's all predicated on the source being verifiably Russia. Right now it certainly seems to be the case. All I'm saying is, take ten minutes to make sure before you declare the red line has been crossed. Like I said, I wouldn't put anything past those cunts. But it's worth taking the time to ascertain exactly what happened before setting an irreversible course of escalation with a NATO member. That's all.

We all want Russia to get their shit pushed in, but such details matter.

sinnergy

So you’d enlist to be on the front lines? Very brave if so. I’m a Brit with 2 very young sons (and a much older one). No chance I’m leaving them for anything on this earth.
So was my English grandfather.. good thing he did so that you and I can enjoy freedom .. or do you think freedom is something granted ?? And yes I would if that’s what’s needed to keep my young family alive and the rest of the world.

I know exactly what this all means in what my grandfather told me about all of his involvement in World War 2.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

I beg to differ .. he is that crazy. But the rest of the world doesn’t want to see this .
Then we cross that bridge when we come to it. We aren't going to preemptively start WW3 and plunge the entire world into economic catastrophe based on the belief of preventing Putin from doing something he hasn't even threatened to do yet.

That's insane.

Banjo64

cumsessed
So was my English grandfather.. good thing he did and you enjoy freedom ..
So did my paternal grandfather, and he killed some Germans on the front line. And it fucked him up for life, blind in 1 eye and when he returned home he was a bastard to my dad, his siblings and their mother until he died. I suppose that’s what you get when you see your squaddies die.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
So was my English grandfather.. good thing he did and you enjoy freedom .. or do you think freedom is something granted ?? And yes I would if that’s what’s needed to keep my young family alive and the rest of the world.

There will be no future generations to fight for if this shit escalates into a nuclear WW3. Which it won't, because luckily I don't think either side is stupid enough to let that happen. Even Putin doesn't want that.

LimanimaPT

Calm down fellas. This is a targeting error by the orcs that will be used as a good reason to push for more arms to Ukraine. Nothing is escalating, other than the weaponry that NATO allows Ukraine to use.

Warfare is not precise, predictable or easy. This type of stupid shit happens, and those in charge of NATO know that.
This.

sinnergy

So did my paternal grandfather, and he killed some Germans on the front line. And it fucked him up for life, blind in 1 eye and when he returned home he was a bastard to my dad, his siblings and their mother until he died. I suppose that’s what you get when you see your squaddies die.
Mine wasn’t like that .. but he wasn’t very warm either .

And to respond to others , why is everyone so scared of a nuclear war? There are plenty of non nuclear options ..

sinnergy

Being told something =/= being prepared to see your friends die, you yourself getting maimed, mentally fucked up for the rest of your life or just dying. As far as I know though Ukraine is currently accepting foreign fighters (y)
You are so brave to tell others to enlist .. don’t worry mate, if the time comes . And I’ll be able to enlist I’ll put in my help. I’ll see if I can help to get you your freedom. Some gotta do it … like the generations before us. You just keep posting here .. I don’t think you are fighter material.

But maybe you can remote control drones .. it’s close to gaming nowadays 🤣

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Mine wasn’t like that .. but he wasn’t very warm either .

And to respond to others , why is everyone so scared of a nuclear war? There are plenty of non nuclear options ..

Nobody is saying NATO should nuke Russia. But Russia keeps repeating that they WILL use nukes if their existence is threatened (which they would consider it to be if NATO gets directly involved). Which might be empty threats, but it also might not be.

Banjo64

cumsessed
You are so brave to tell others to enlist .. don’t worry mate, if the time comes . And I’ll be able to enlist I’ll put in my help. I’ll see if I can help to get you your freedom. Some gotta do it … like the generations before us. You just keep posting here .. I don’t think you are fighter material.

But maybe you can remote control drones .. it’s close to gaming nowadays 🤣
If the time comes? As I say, there’s currently thousands of foreign fighters in Ukraine fighting - talk is cheap pal, get your plain ticket booked. You sound like a little boy, who’s green as grass.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

I am done here for the night ! See you all in the morning!
fetchimage

akimbo009

Gold Member
Some much needed levity.

It's not WW3 cause I don't even know what that means? Anyone at war with Russia is "WW3"? Nukes ain't gonna start flying, and if NATO decides to denuter Russia ain't no one jumping in to help them.

It's not like millions of folks will suddenly be drafted to destroy Russia... Fun fact: they already are destroyed.

It pains me to say it ... This is escalation .. I fear that 'it' will happen - would be ace if everyone calmed the F'down and chill - but, this is really bad. 😢

Nobody_Important

It's not WW3 cause I don't even know what that means? Anyone at war with Russia is "WW3"? Nukes ain't gonna start flying, and if NATO decides to denuter Russia ain't no one jumping in to help them.

It's not like millions of folks will suddenly be drafted to destroy Russia... Fun fact: they already are destroyed.
Dude....its just jokes lol

Look at my earlier post where I said we are on the brink of nothing at all.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
There it is. Polish president spoke

He talked with big Joe and he promised to help and send experts.
And president told that the rocket looks to be Russian-Produced... didn't say who shot it. It is a correct statement for now.
"We have no proof who shot the rocket... most likely the rocket was russian-made"
And they might launch article 4 but it's not done yet.

Last edited:

W11d

Putin wants NATO to enter the war so it will be easier for him to sell the defeat to his domestic audience

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom