• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I think he's talking about the orc getting a grenade to the face, that was horrific and no I don't save these links lol I'm not a monster and ordinarily stay the fuck away from gore vids, since having kids and getting older my tolerance for such video nasties has plummeted but for some reason I don't mind these types, probably has something to do with the fact that this is pure good Vs evil, there's no middle ground, no grey area, Russias army invaded a peaceful neighbour and committed horrendous atrocities on the civilian population so seeing them get their just deserts is pure poetic justice

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Greetings, my name is Dmytro, I recently moved out of the occupied area of Kherson region and temporarily ended up in Russia, I am with my relatives, so there is no need to worry about my safety, these are some of the kindest people that I have ever known, on top of that some of them are from my hometown in Ukraine, this was the only way to leave Ukraine, right now I am waiting for my job to be approved as well as trying to come up with something on my own before I can move to Poland or Romania, i.e translation gigs since I am a native Ukrainian speaker and I speak English fluently, and a couple of other side gigs as well, but it's not a fast process, and the translation market is very competitive, per EvilLore's blessing from September 22nd, 2022 I would like to ask for this opportunity to apply for a donation spot, if possible, M1chal and Nikodemos from GAF have already helped me more than I could have ever imagined, and I am forever grateful for their kind support, I hope to meet them in person one day. All the funds are currently going towards my survival, as well as moving to Poland and trying to cover my accomodation for the first month or two before I will get my first paycheck. I never got an opportunity to ask for something like this, and if this is too much to ask, I will delete this message and never speak of something again. PayPal was kind enough to open it's doors to people in Ukraine last march, so that my primary source of funding right now, I would like to say that any help is appreciated, this thread existing already shows a lot that people care enough about a country that they probably never had to interact with, which is good. Since PayPal.me is not available in Ukraine, I can only leave an my personal e-mail - qeof00hu@gmail.com
From the bottom of my heart, thank you, all.

oh boy dunk GIF

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It’s started snowing heavily on Ukraine.

In a few weeks/months the ground will freeze and harden enabling the use of vehicles again.

MrA

So are Russia Just going to keep throwing mobilised at the frontlines until it freezes over for the winter?
Putin is pure Stalin, He'll send men to die all winter, and might start murdering Belarusians for giggles too, I really don't get why the oligarchs and military haven't killed him yet, He's gutted their economy, military, and prestige, the average Russian being too afraid or indifferent I can understand, they're drunk miserable and depressed (statistically) and secret police are a big thing in russia, the ruling class, on the other hand, has enjoyed decadent influential lifestyles for decades now, and now it's gone on a conman's delusions of grandeur. Why they haven't killed him, declared he was illegally ruling Russia, and try to weasel out of responsibility? Does Putin really have that many true believers? What does he have that keeps them all in line, I really don't get it.

sinnergy

Putin is pure Stalin, He'll send men to die all winter, and might start murdering Belarusians for giggles too, I really don't get why the oligarchs and military haven't killed him yet, He's gutted their economy, military, and prestige, the average Russian being too afraid or indifferent I can understand, they're drunk miserable and depressed (statistically) and secret police are a big thing in russia, the ruling class, on the other hand, has enjoyed decadent influential lifestyles for decades now, and now it's gone on a conman's delusions of grandeur. Why they haven't killed him, declared he was illegally ruling Russia, and try to weasel out of responsibility? Does Putin really have that many true believers? What does he have that keeps them all in line, I really don't get it.
No balls Mcfly

Kerotan

I would guess there are many in Russia who believe like him. They believe Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia their Slavic brothers are all part of Russia.

winjer

This war has been a massive boon for the reputation of western weapon systems. And a massive hit to the reputation of Russian weapon systems.
I bet a lot of countries that bought Russian equipment, are now regretting their purchases. Especially, if they have a near peer adversary armed with western equipment.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
This war has been a massive boon for the reputation of western weapon systems. And a massive hit to the reputation of Russian weapon systems.
I bet a lot of countries that bought Russian equipment, are now regretting their purchases. Especially, if they have a near peer adversary armed with western equipment.
Iron Man GIF

winjer

Not really, those that signed off on the purchases still have their kickbacks & bribes in the offshore bank accounts, for buying Russian junk...

The politicians, officials and bureaucrats that pocketed the money, will always be happy, especially if their money is in an off-shore account.
But the country, the people and the regular army men, will be in a bad position, if a conflict breaks out.

Wildebeest

The politicians, officials and bureaucrats that pocketed the money, will always be happy, especially if their money is in an off-shore account.
But the country, the people and the regular army men, will be in a bad position, if a conflict breaks out.
I suppose this is mostly "bad news" for wolf warrior Chinese hoping to overwhelm South Korea and Japan. India doesn't border with any enemies who can afford that many American weapons.

winjer

I suppose this is mostly "bad news" for wolf warrior Chinese hoping to overwhelm South Korea and Japan. India doesn't border with any enemies who can afford that many American weapons.

Chinese weapon systems were copied from Russian arms, then improved somewhat.
Military analysts say that China has already surpassed Russia in almost every field, especially regarding electronics for military equipment. The only standout are Russian jet engines, as this is very hard to copy.
But it's probably just a matter of time until China also manages to surpass Russia in that regard.
The next step for China, is to fully develop their own systems, trying to catch up to Europe and the USA.

India is a strange case, as they have bought a lot of equipment from Russia. But in the last few years, they have shifted to buying some western equipment.
But like China, India's goal is to have it's own military systems, not being to reliant on foreign.
Because India has some contention with China, over the Kashmir border, they need top military equipment. This border is also contested with Pakistan.
So India can't rely on Russian equipment, since the Chinese have already surpassed most of it. So the solution is to buy western equipment, while trying to develop their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom