• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
The entire thing from start to, well.... Whenever 'finish' is - an absolute nonsensical shit-show. It's orchestrated from the ground up and in my mind is going to escalate into something that will affect each and every one of us.

Enjoy the show. ☹️ It's the people behind the scenes that have wanted, well - DEMANDED this is what happens.

Make sure you look after your family and your loved ones because this is the tip of the iceberg gang.

Good luck everyone. ❤️

What people behind the scenes? Can you explain who it is that you're eluding to, why they have orchestrated this war, and to what end?

Tams

Gold Member
You only mean the one on the left, right? Because the one on the right doesn't even know where he is, he's a senile puppet that reads whatever is handed to him.

Would the likes of you just fucking knock it off?!

Yes, Biden is well past his prime. But it's very clear that his general morals and ethics are sound, and that he's saying all the right things.

And do you have any evidence he's a puppet who has all his scripts for speeches written for him? No? Thought not.

Tumle

The entire thing from start to, well.... Whenever 'finish' is - an absolute nonsensical shit-show. It's orchestrated from the ground up and in my mind is going to escalate into something that will affect each and every one of us.

Enjoy the show. ☹️ It's the people behind the scenes that have wanted, well - DEMANDED this is what happens.

Make sure you look after your family and your loved ones because this is the tip of the iceberg gang.

Good luck everyone. ❤️
Sounds like you are hinting at a conspiracy?
You must have some really damming evidence of the “orchestrated” war by the real puppet masters.. or did you forget to take your crazy pills?
If I’m misunderstanding your post, then please elaborate?
Who orchestrated what?
And remember unfounded conspiracy theories that you thought up in Your 4D chess mind is not welcome on this site😊

FunkMiller

You only mean the one on the left, right? Because the one on the right doesn't even know where he is, he's a senile puppet that reads whatever is handed to him.

Biden's handled this pretty well. I know folks like you are so far into your silos that being able to admit that is anathema to you, but it doesn't make it any less true.

This situation isn't about petty American politics, it's about a western democracy standing up for someone in need, and that's something you'd expect America and its allies to do, whoever is in charge, and to hell with any assholes who think different.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Would the likes of you just fucking knock it off?!

Yes, Biden is well past his prime. But it's very clear that his general morals and ethics are sound, and that he's saying all the right things.

And do you have any evidence he's a puppet who has all his scripts for speeches written for him? No? Thought not.

The dude that gets confused on stage? That offers handshakes to the air? The one that has troubles reading from a teleprompter? The one propped up to welcome to the WH a man that talks about his experience being a woman? I'm grateful the people around him took the right decision to support Ukraine, but Biden is just a meat puppet, he has no agenda of his own. He obviously does not have the mental capacity for it anymore.

Tams

Gold Member
The dude that gets confused on stage? That offers handshakes to the air? The one that has troubles reading from a teleprompter? The one propped up to welcome to the WH a man that talks about his experience being a woman? I'm grateful the people around him took the right decision to support Ukraine, but Biden is just a meat puppet, he has no agenda of his own. He obviously does not have the mental capacity for it anymore.

You've provided no evidence that he's not capable of being president, let alone being controlled like a puppet. Everything so far has shown that he's fine as president. The best? Probably not and clearly he is getting senile. So far he hasn't made any major mistakes, especially regarding Ukraine. If you want to see mistakes in that regard, look at France to a degree, or even more so Germany. And even then, they've come through on the right side in the end.

Now, to get this back on topic; this kind of division and distrust that you are trying to sow is exactly what the Kremlin love. It does no one in the democratic world any good. If you don't like that, then just go back to your bunker and finish prepping.

nemiroff

Gold Member

Good luck everyone. ❤️

Go home, you're drunk.

akimbo009

Gold Member

No politics.

Azurro

Banned
No politics.

It's a bit slow in the battlefield lately and the only thing to discuss recently is Zelensky's visit to DC, which is inherently political given that two presidents of democratic countries met. I don't think making a comment on Biden's well known gaffes and age is a big deal.

Thaedolus

It's a bit slow in the battlefield lately and the only thing to discuss recently is Zelensky's visit to DC, which is inherently political given that two presidents of democratic countries met. I don't think making a comment on Biden's well known gaffes and age is a big deal.
It invites rebuttals and turns the whole thing into a spiral of bickering. Just knock it off

LimanimaPT

This conflict seemed to haved reached a stall.
I think it will be very hard, if not impossible, for Ukraine to take all their land back. The US and EU can't provide weapons and support forever, but Putler will throw as many meat as necessary to drag this. I'm fearing that a deal is the only way out of this.
Ukraine can't take their land back with defensive weapons, they need long range missiles, planes and tanks I think...

Ironbunny

I think it will be very hard, if not impossible, for Ukraine to take all their land back. The US and EU can't provide weapons and support forever, but Putler will throw as many meat as necessary to drag this. I'm fearing that a deal is the only way out of this.
Ukraine can't take their land back with defensive weapons, they need long range missiles, planes and tanks I think...

The stalling is mostly due weather.

And what would that deal even look like today? I cant fathom a one where you sit down to a table with todays ruZZia and agree to any deal.

Meicyn

Gold Member
The US and EU can't provide weapons and support forever, but Putler will throw as many meat as necessary to drag this. I'm fearing that a deal is the only way out of this.
Nah. The US military industrial complex is more than capable of supplying Ukraine indefinitely. The will is there to make it happen. It’s a drop in the bucket for the US while it’s costing everything for Russia.

Russia on the other hand, cannot throw meat at the problem forever. Weapons and ammo can be mass produced as needed. Humans on the other hand, take over a decade and a half before you can reliably put them on the battlefield.

Russia runs out of bodies way before Ukraine runs out of munitions. Easily. The best Russia can do is attack civilians. They cannot take Ukraine.

Tams

Gold Member

What deal could possibly be reached as things are now?

Most Ukrainians wouldn't accept it. Many Eastern European countries would be horrified, but also angry that they'd need to massively increase their armed forces (bearing in mind, many don't have that many citizens to even train).

The 'Western', especially US, military-industrial complex has barely spun-up for the Ukraine war. So far, it's mainly been spares and near end of life equipment and supplies sent. The MIC is currently replacing/upgrading those, but is nowhere near at capacity. And really, Russia do not want to find out what the full capacity of it is like.

winjer

One thing that most people don't understand when news show saying that the US is running out of equipment to give to Ukraine, is that this refers only to surplus.
At the moment, the US is only giving what it has in stock that it really does not need.
But then, there is a gigantic amount of equipment that the US has in stock that it considers important for reserve.
The matter is whether the US should tap into this reserve.

The other matter is that the US uses STANAG and Ukraine does not use STANAG. So if the US is to give ammo and equipment, it also needs to give training for it's use and maintenance, and parts and tools.
But if the US decides to do so, Russia has no chance of keeping up.

It's not just a matter of planes, missiles and tanks.
The Ukraine now has a huge advantage in other areas, like equipment, food and supplies for it's soldiers.
While Russians are being equipped with AK-Ms, airsoft helmets and old rations, the Ukraine is receiving a lot of real modern supplies and equipment for it's soldiers.
While Russians are being sent to the front lines with a couple of weeks training, if any, Ukrainians are getting full training with western armies, with modern tactics.

Two dozen HIMARS were already enough to blunt the last really successful Russian offensives, now it's degrading their capabilities to a point where they cannot keep up anymore. At some moment there will be another collapse of Russian power, maybe on the front or maybe in Russia itself but as the failures from the real world continue to undermine the fantasies of victory it becomes more and more difficult to keep things together. Most important now is to deny the Russians any victory.
And Ukraine has been doing a lot of stuff such a smaller and (on paper) weaker opponent was not supposed to be able to pull off. Striking against the Russian navy flagship, Kerch bridge. Crimea bases, strategic air bases deep in Russia, taking Kharkiv province in days, retaking Kherson without city fighting, all things experts would find implausible from the data they have beforehand.

sinnergy

Two dozen HIMARS were already enough to blunt the last really successful Russian offensives, now it's degrading their capabilities to a point where they cannot keep up anymore. At some moment there will be another collapse of Russian power, maybe on the front or maybe in Russia itself but as the failures from the real world continue to undermine the fantasies of victory it becomes more and more difficult to keep things together. Most important now is to deny the Russians any victory.
And Ukraine has been doing a lot of stuff such a smaller and (on paper) weaker opponent was not supposed to be able to pull off. Striking against the Russian navy flagship, Kerch bridge. Crimea bases, strategic air bases deep in Russia, taking Kharkiv province in days, retaking Kherson without city fighting, all things experts would find implausible from the data they have beforehand.
Experts and analysts.. they life in the matrix with numbers ..

Azurro

Banned

The problem is Russia's position. They demand to keep those territories, make Ukraine promise they'll never join NATO and I don't know if they still want a puppet government in Ukraine but I think they still do. Those are not the conditions for a deal. Also, let's say they sit down for a talk and there's a ceasefire. Russia has troubles supplying their troops in every aspect at the moment, they'd love to sit down for a few months, replenish their forces, ammo, rockets, then say "oops, guess we can't agree" and then give it a second try for Kiev.

FunkMiller

The problem is Russia's position. They demand to keep those territories, make Ukraine promise they'll never join NATO and I don't know if they still want a puppet government in Ukraine but I think they still do. Those are not the conditions for a deal. Also, let's say they sit down for a talk and there's a ceasefire. Russia has troubles supplying their troops in every aspect at the moment, they'd love to sit down for a few months, replenish their forces, ammo, rockets, then say "oops, guess we can't agree" and then give it a second try for Kiev.

There isn’t going to be a deal.

Ukraine doesn’t want one. The US doesn’t want one.

The only person desperate for a deal is Putin, because he’s being bled out like a stuck pig. That’s why he’s the only one that actually wants or needs a deal.

Ukes and US will continue to engage until either Russia pulls out completely, or Russian state collapses. Either leads to Putin’s end.

That is the endgame with this war. Nothing else.

sinnergy

Yup.. it’s now time for Ukraine and the West to go for the K.O.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

At this point they're just throwing hordes of mobiks and suffering terrible losses (official + lost to serious wounds probably around 1 thousand per day).

Ironbunny

You guys got me wrong' I don't want a deal, I want more powefull weapons delivered.
I hope you're right, and Ukraine kicks the orcs out.

I understood you but I dont see this ending even in the negotiation table. If they end up there and make some sort of a deal it wont be the end. Putin will gather forces and continue when he sees fit or just attack other nation at some point. This will end when Putin is removed with a noose on hes head or in the complete isolation of ruZZia after failure in the battlefield. Its fools hope to think a negotion will put an end to this.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I understood you but I dont see this ending even in the negotiation table. If they end up there and make some sort of a deal it wont be the end. Putin will gather forces and continue when he sees fit or just attack other nation at some point. This will end when Putin is removed with a noose on hes head or in the complete isolation of ruZZia after failure in the battlefield. Its fools hope to think a negotion will put an end to this.

Negotiation is a win for Russia.

Means that Ukraine most likely would have to acknowledge the land under occupation as Russian territory and Putin gets to end sanctions and the war - pretty much the win-win scenario for the regime.

Putin says Russia ready to negotiate over Ukraine. "As for the main part - the 99.9% of our citizens, our people who are ready to give everything for the interests of the Motherland – there is nothing unusual for me here," Putin said.​

renderTimingPixel.png

news.yahoo.com/putin-...

What he wanted to say "I can sacrifice 99.9% of our citizens since I do not give a fuck" Putler...

winjer

Putin says Russia ready to negotiate over Ukraine. "As for the main part - the 99.9% of our citizens, our people who are ready to give everything for the interests of the Motherland – there is nothing unusual for me here," Putin said.​

renderTimingPixel.png

news.yahoo.com/putin-...

What he wanted to say "I can sacrifice 99.9% of our citizens since I do not give a fuck" Putler...

Now that he is losing, he wants to negotiate. What a brilliant strategist.
And by strategist, I mean moron.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
5uqisk.jpg

This war cannot end with just Ukraine, it's Russia, which has to be reduced to shreds, people sold to China or whatever, so they offset the more expensive manufacturing during this crisis. Not only that, Russia has to pay for what they did with Ukraine, Georgia, Syria and potentially reparation of Poland and our Republic.

I don't want starting next year, to see map of Russia on any globe. Shitty mafia driven country, who has too much power and very little brain. Places is filled with a lot of metals, oil and other stuff, which rest of the world can use.

Outside of that, everyone from Kremlin, their handlers, helpers, people connected to it and of course collaborates from other countries (like most anti waxxer and other garbage). Has to be shot publicly. So people gonna 'member. It will be like a superbowl.

Nazi Germany were handled correctly after the war. So Russia has to be dealt with the same. If anyone here is Russian, tough luck, thankfully your time is running out. You already killed my grand-grandfather back in 69, just for fun, old guy went to store and....I never forget you any of that stuff. Now you killed few of my friends, who were just stay in Ukraine or fight.

I feel nothing seeing your shitty fellow inbreds blow out on the field. You brought so much misery to this world, that I don't there is any other country, which can even attempt to challenge that.

Death to Russia. And long live Ukraine and whole eastern heroes.

Eternal gratitude that Ukrainians fight, sadly we didn't back in '68 and thanks to that we have that human garbage on our land for 20 fucking years. And mind you my own land was occupied by Nazis as well, we didn't won shit, we just swapped one evil for the other, due to collaborants. Makes me sick.

Today my friend who were fight for their life in hospital after mine got behind his feet, died. I am full of rage. So pardon me.

Give Ukraine everything, they fight for all of us. I am starting to be really done

🇨🇿 :messenger_heart: 🇺🇦

Fools idol

Banned
british intelligence is reporting to news outlets here that putins supply of 'breakthrough cancer drugs keeping him alive' is running out. Since when he did have cancer? I thought that was fake news?

nemiroff

Gold Member
Wasn't this war supposed to last like 3 months for Russia?

The ruZZians expected the conventional forces to wrap up the fighting in 10 days and then focus on civilians (liquidations, riot control, intimidations etc.)

Edit: IIRC it was Kyiv's fall that was expected after 2-3 days.

Edit 2: think tank report:

Last edited:

sinnergy

Russia wants to negotiate 🤣 Yeah now you are through all your cruise rockets , drones and all other stuff .. with -50 degrees below , piss off . It’s time for a Ukrainian / West K.O. And keeping the pressure high . Some drones on your land ! They need to be pushed out !

Last edited:

sinnergy

akimbo009

Gold Member
Western intelligence thought the same .. so there is that, those analysts 🤣

What....? Western - particularly the US - was spot on with actions leading up to the war. It over estimated Russia's capability, Russia did as well, but the intelligence community was spot on leading up until the invasion. They continue to have Russia's number too.

sinnergy

What....? Western - particularly the US - was spot on with actions leading up to the war. It over estimated Russia's capability, Russia did as well, but the intelligence community was spot on leading up until the invasion. They continue to have Russia's number too.
All intelligence agencies thought Ukraine would fall in 3 days .. sorry , it was only after that didn’t happen they tried as fast as they could to supply . It’s documented. I wouldn’t call that spot on .. even overestimating Russia, to be honest it showed to me we didn’t know enough and intelligence wasn’t up to snuff . They only got the part that Russia would invade right… but Ukraine already knew that.

Last edited:

akimbo009

Gold Member
All intelligence agencies thought Ukraine would fall in 3 days .. sorry , it was only after that didn’t happen they tried as fast as they could to supply . It’s documented. I would call that spot on .. even overestimating Russia, to be honest it showed to me we didn’t know enough and intelligence wasn’t up to snuff . They only got the part that Russia would invade.. but Ukraine already knew that.

Not sure they were totally wrong. The tactical approach and initial attempts by Russia was completely amateur. And their initial paratrooper drops were completely observed and called out by Western intelligence which lead to a bloodbath.

The amount of incompetence by Russia is what wasn't assumed, but a competent Russia (with equipment that actually functions) is more what was assumed that what actually played out. That's not on intelligence - in all ways they could effect the lead up and initial contact they aced it.

I don't really understand your posts anymore. You're all over the place, and kept asserting weird shit like "western intelligence failed" or "give Ukraine weapons to attack deep into Russia" either of those are true or valid.

The weapons that were sent before February were clearly intended for an insurgency kind of war, not open battles to engage, defeat and drive out the Russian units. Fueled by outdated info on both sides and 'let's not provoke Russia into invading by sending heavy weapons' kind of reasoning coming from the Putin whisperers in various governments who thought they could avert war by just appeasing. Except for some shitty corners of Youtube (this includes German mainstream news) these so-called experts have been told to fuck off and let the proper military planners deal with defeating the invasion.

Last edited:

sinnergy

Not sure they were totally wrong. The tactical approach and initial attempts by Russia was completely amateur. And their initial paratrooper drops were completely observed and called out by Western intelligence which lead to a bloodbath.

The amount of incompetence by Russia is what wasn't assumed, but a competent Russia (with equipment that actually functions) is more what was assumed that what actually played out. That's not on intelligence - in all ways they could effect the lead up and initial contact they aced it.

I don't really understand your posts anymore. You're all over the place, and kept asserting weird shit like "western intelligence failed" or "give Ukraine weapons to attack deep into Russia" either of those are true or valid.

That’s because I trying to be very objective.. (I try to be, everyone is a bit biased) I look and most stuff objectively. That’s why intelligence can suck if it sucks .. our must I like everything one government does ? You must be 100% with one team? Supplying weapons can always be done .. to anyone has hardly anything to do with intelligence.

I like to see the Ukraine and the west win .. but I am not blind for faults . I won’t be a blind patriot so to speak.

In my opinion the West fault is they didn’t supply the good stuff early and fast enough. Backed by the idea Russias material and military was in a better state . That’s what I call bad intelligence. This kind of stuff is the stuff that you need intelligence for .

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Er… actually, sinnergy’s statements on Kyiv’s predicted fall are loosely accurate. While US intel was on target with Russia’s intentions, the Pentagon’s computer models showed Kyiv falling within 72-96 hours. We stuck with Ukraine regardless of the models and aided with intel, but the models really did anticipate Kyiv’s fall. Here’s an article that talks a little about it.

I’m reminded of an old episode of Star Trek DS9 where Bashir laments that the Federation should surrender to the Dominion, because he and his team of brainiacs modeled that defeat was inevitable. It’s good TV, yet both fiction and reality convey a key lesson. Models are useful to help predict outcomes, but nothing in life is certain, especially war. You never, ever give up.

Ozriel

M$FT
Western intelligence thought the same .. so there is that, those analysts 🤣

Nobody could have predicted Russia’s incompetence and how outdated their tactics were. The West, China et al all assumed Russia would have basic logistics competence.

They also underestimated Ukrainian resolve

Tams

Gold Member
Er… actually, sinnergy’s statements on Kyiv’s predicted fall are loosely accurate. While US intel was on target with Russia’s intentions, the Pentagon’s computer models showed Kyiv falling within 72-96 hours. We stuck with Ukraine regardless of the models and aided with intel, but the models really did anticipate Kyiv’s fall. Here’s an article that talks a little about it.

I’m reminded of an old episode of Star Trek DS9 where Bashir laments that the Federation should surrender to the Dominion, because he and his team of brainiacs modeled that defeat was inevitable. It’s good TV, yet both fiction and reality convey a key lesson. Models are useful to help predict outcomes, but nothing in life is certain, especially war. You never, ever give up.
That's because based on military force alone, Kyiv absolutely should have fallen.

The models likely take little indirect and abstract evidence into account as it's just too hard to quantify or even know how true it is. And even that evidence will have been made unreliable by Russia themselves thinking they were competent and not so corrupt.

Nobody could have predicted Russia’s incompetence and how outdated their tactics were. The West, China et al all assumed Russia would have basic logistics competence.

They also underestimated Ukrainian resolve
If that’s not poor intelligence then how do you explain underestimating your enemy like Afghanistan or Iraq?

American intelligence sucks ass. Look at how badly they fucked up Afghanistan.

They couldn’t even foresee that a war with Russia would deplete their supplies within one year and that’s with drastically overestimating Russia’s power.

Now China who is actually on or with them how long do they expect their ammunition to last then?

And that’s with a 4 million man army ready to go. And a larger naval fleet by tonnage than they themselves have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom