• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tams

animation blue balls GIF by Super Deluxe

nemiroff

Gold Member
I warned my wife (from Ukraine) this morning that this shitshow can just as quickly turn into a nothing-burger.. I have no idea what'll come next.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
This entire thing seems very off.

If it was a genuine coup, are we going to see Putin et al step down?

If it was all theatre, will Russia be using it as an excuse to pull out of Ukraine?

Russia is fucking insane.
It all sounds like Prigozhin had an almighty shit fit, drove up the road in a rage and the further he went the more he calmed down until he finally realised what the fuck am I doing...

Lunarorbit

There's going to be chaos in Russia for awhile. Convicts getting released en mass to bolster Wagner is par for the course but now they are on Russian soil. It's going to get ugly for citizens, especially women.

It'd be fascinating to see Putin in st Petersburg and Wagner in control of Moscow. Like others have said this is gonna destabilize both Russian and Wagner held territories. Does Wagner pull forces from Africa to reenforce his position or have enough generals defected?

The trouble with keeping a lid on how the war is going will affect the Russians in Ukraine. They'll start hearing about this strife and infighting will begin even if they aren't attacking each other. Who do they listen to? Mod or Wagner?

Once they started shooting down planes on the way to Moscow is when it gets real dicey. Now they are killing each other which is not going to sit well even if they negotiated.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
There's going to be chaos in Russia for awhile. Convicts getting released en mass to bolster Wagner is par for the course but now they are on Russian soil. It's going to get ugly for citizens, especially women.

It'd be fascinating to see Putin in st Petersburg and Wagner in control of Moscow. Like others have said this is gonna destabilize both Russian and Wagner held territories. Does Wagner pull forces from Africa to reenforce his position or have enough generals defected?

The trouble with keeping a lid on how the war is going will affect the Russians in Ukraine. They'll start hearing about this strife and infighting will begin even if they aren't attacking each other. Who do they listen to? Mod or Wagner?

Once they started shooting down planes on the way to Moscow is when it gets real dicey. Now they are killing each other which is not going to sit well even if they negotiated.
You need to watch the news M8, it's all seemingly over

Apocryphon

Apparently Shoigu is resigning.

I still think this was Putin cleaning house. If there was mass military/FSB backing behind the scenes he wouldn’t be turning around.

spons

Gold Member
Thank Christ. The last thing I want two countries away from the ongoing bullshit is even more instability.
Russia must obviously leave Ukraine but the case with Putin is kinda like tolerating that other maniac Erdogan: let him do his business in his own region and avoid any extraneous crap.
Some of Wagner's higher-ups are actual fucking Nazis (unlike Zelensky) and I don't want their fingers anywhere near the nuke triggers if they'd control the military.

murmulis

Take over military objects, start marching on Moscow, shoot down a few aircraft. And then just...turn around? It was just a prank bro!

Seriously? Is this what's happening?

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Thank Christ. The last thing I want two countries away from the ongoing bullshit is even more instability.
Russia must obviously leave Ukraine but the case with Putin is kinda like tolerating that other maniac Erdogan: let him do his business in his own region and avoid any extraneous crap.
Some of Wagner's higher-ups are actual fucking Nazis (unlike Zelensky) and I don't want their fingers anywhere near the nuke triggers if they'd control the military.
What? Putin is the single biggest cause of world instability, he doesn't stick to his region, the cunt has got his fingers all over UK/EU and US politics and has been fucking with the idiots in all those countries and turning them against their fellow citizens, he's a blight on humanity and needs to be dragged through the streets and bate

dem

I’m listening to some Twitter Spaces conversation that Elon promoted.

These English speaking Putin cocksuckers are really something else.

Thaedolus

Wait so did he deny that a deal was struck? Was the deal fake or the denial fake? This real time disinfo shit is hard to follow on the backwater internet I’m on until next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom