• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dane

Fascinating. Might makes right in Russia, and Putin pissed up the wrong tree this time.
The entire thing was a risky, if not, suicidal bet, war between neighbors tends to end with major losses. Russia tought it was Vietnam, except they forgot it is their neighbor who have similar development indexes, a somewaht smaller population gap and not in a massive civil war, not to mention they reinforced ther defenses after Russia stole their territories years earlier.

Is it just me or has Google Maps stripped out a lot of functionality? All I can do is search (which actually doesn't work). Can't change the view, click on anything, or do shit with the website.

Strange....or maybe it's just my browser acting up.

EDIT: can't even load the page now on both Firefox/Edge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Counter Terrorism regime in Moscow through to Monday. I have news on in the background so didn't 100% catch that.

edit:

"
The mayor of Moscow, Sergei Sobyanin, has just put out a statement on Telegram announcing that "a counter-terrorist operation regime has been declared in Moscow" and that Monday will be a "non-working day".

He asked Muscovites to "refrain from travelling around the city as much as possible".

"City services are on high alert," he said.

Wagner mercenaries appear to be moving north from central regions of Russia, in the direction of the capital."

BBC

Eotheod

I'm not an expert but looks like some dude who was close to Putin, who has his own private army (called Wagner), has decided to fuck off out of Ukraine and head up towards Moscow. Lots of people, including Putin, have GTFO of Moscow.

No one has confirmed if Putin is in Moscow still or not. His plane left but that's about all they know.

Also Wagner mercenaries apparently took over the military base in that South town, which has clearly bolstered their stocks. Reports of between 150-400 pieces of equipment in the convoy.

No one has confirmed if Putin is in Moscow still or not. His plane left but that's about all they know.

Also Wagner mercenaries apparently took over the military base in that South town, which has clearly bolstered their stocks. Reports of between 150-400 pieces of equipment in the convoy.
Yeah alright it's not confirmed but lots of news channel suggest he probably has. I'd be very surprised if he is still in Moscow.

dem

Moscow now being protected by all the Russian ‘fortunate sons’. Wagner is going to stroll in.

Wild times

Last edited:

chromhound

Gold Member
Uno Reverse GIF by MOODMAN

FUBARx89

This is the most scary part as these fuckers might unleash hell from those bunkers just so they can survive. Putin in a bunker scared and terrified with all the rich and affluent fucks in Russia is not a good thing.

As brainwashed as the Russians are, I can hardly see it going down well for Putin if he nuked his own fucking country.

This is the most scary part as these fuckers might unleash hell from those bunkers just so they can survive. Putin in a bunker scared and terrified with all the rich and affluent fucks in Russia is not a good thing.
If Putin thinks he's going to die he might just take everyone with him. Hopefully if he does try to fire nukes then someone refuses the order.

DarkBatman

SBI’s Employee of the Year
Moscow might be huge but it's scary that there could be war there soon.

This isn't going to end well.
While it is difficult to say in such a situation: stay calm and optimistic!

We have no influence on this situation and can only observe.
And I remember the beginning of the war, when numerous journalists and NeoGaf users constantly reported on the approaching atomic bombing and thus spread fear.

Will it turn out okay? We do not know that. But neither should we automatically invoke that today's conflict will end in the worst possible way.

acm2000

And I remember the beginning of the war, when numerous journalists and NeoGaf users constantly reported on the approaching atomic bombing and thus spread fear.

Will it turn out okay? We do not know that. But neither should we automatically invoke that today's conflict will end in the worst possible way.
i mean, it usually does tho :messenger_tears_of_joy:

jufonuk

not tag worthy

The Muppets Panic GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom