• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia is claiming that Crimea is theirs now, because it was a part of Russia 80 years ago. And before that it belonged to Turkish Tartars.
And you think 9 years matters. That is non-sense.

The current state of Ukraine is only 30 years old. The idea that the western world hinges of Crimea is comical.

MSN : Russian Dam Bursts Washing Away Railroad—Economy To Lose 'Billions​

renderTimingPixel.png

msn.com/en-us/...

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

I bring it up because he's pretending like 10 years isn't a long time.
Either you're showing your young age, or your total lack of understanding a proper war

The western world has been used to Shock & Awe tactics by the West/Nato/USA, that has great success...against 3rd world countries with farmers for soldiers. No wonder tanks can roll into capital cities within hours/days/weeks

Remember when Russia tried that? They failed. Ukraine isn't giving up, why should we? Was it you who asked that with the death count/injury count that Ukraine should already be in Crimea? That's not the question

The question is with your supposed math of Ukrainian losses, shouldn't Russia be in Kyiv by now? Why aren't they? Because they have the numbers....right?

Warzones become static in real wars. That's what happens. We're all sorry that petrol for your car costs a little more and you can't have as many takeaways a week because its soo expensive these days. You dont like it, you've made it abundantly clear. Thank you for your input

The main thing is, if Ukraine want to keep fighting for what is their's, then let them. Dont want to pay for it? Don't. Don't support your local politician, don't give money in fundraising, don't buy specific items that would help Ukraine, but do not dictate what Ukraine should do in the mean time

The rest of the decent world will continue to support Ukraine without you

Either you're showing your young age, or your total lack of understanding a proper war

The western world has been used to Shock & Awe tactics by the West/Nato/USA, that has great success...against 3rd world countries with farmers for soldiers. No wonder tanks can roll into capital cities within hours/days/weeks

Remember when Russia tried that? They failed. Ukraine isn't giving up, why should we? Was it you who asked that with the death count/injury count that Ukraine should already be in Crimea? That's not the question

The question is with your supposed math of Ukrainian losses, shouldn't Russia be in Kyiv by now? Why aren't they? Because they have the numbers....right?

Warzones become static in real wars. That's what happens. We're all sorry that petrol for your car costs a little more and you can't have as many takeaways a week because its soo expensive these days. You dont like it, you've made it abundantly clear. Thank you for your input

The main thing is, if Ukraine want to keep fighting for what is their's, then let them. Dont want to pay for it? Don't. Don't support your local politician, don't give money in fundraising, don't buy specific items that would help Ukraine, but do not dictate what Ukraine should do in the mean time

I don't believe that was me, gramps.

MSN : Russian Dam Bursts Washing Away Railroad—Economy To Lose 'Billions​

renderTimingPixel.png

msn.com/en-us/...

Episode 2 Whatever GIF
"The Russian economy could lose "billions of rubles" after a destroyed dam in the Siberian region of Buryatia"
No problem, that's only a few thousand dollars of damage.

The outer marches of Russia suffering the most as usual while the Czars feast in their palaces. Centuries pass and nothing changes.

You start your post by accusing me of being too young to understand the situation, yet you don't even know which poster you're talking to...
I didn't accuse you, I posed a question. Go read it again

"Was it you who asked that with the death count/injury count that Ukraine should already be in Crimea?"

That's a question, not an accusation. An accusation would be "You claimed that with with the Russian death count that Ukraine should be in Crimea by now"

Basic English really. I can see why you dont understand it

But you still don't want to answer any of the questions, just rather fill up the thread with made up "facts" and "truth bombs". Youre all the same

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
I bring it up because he's pretending like 10 years isn't a long time.

Let me remind you that there are 195 officially recognized countries in the world.
Of these, only 15 recognize the Russian claim to Crimea.
You can try all you want to claim that Crimea belongs to Russia, but that is only Russian propaganda.

I didn't accuse you, I posed a question. Go read it again

"Was it you who asked that with the death count/injury count that Ukraine should already be in Crimea?"

That's a question, not an accusation. An accusation would be "You claimed that with with the Russian death count that Ukraine should be in Crimea by now"

Basic English really. I can see why you dont understand it

But you still don't want to answer any of the questions, just rather fill up the thread with made up "facts" and "truth bombs". Youre all the same

Your first sentence was :

"Either you're showing your young age, or your total lack of understanding a proper war"

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Your first sentence was :

"Either you're showing your young age, or your total lack of understanding a proper war"

:messenger_tears_of_joy:
Self enclosed opening statement based on the last 2 pages of "facts" from you. This is aimed directly at you, it quotes you, it's directed at you

Statement

Question, based on the last few pages of concern trolls, yourself included, to answer

Closing statement

Self enclosed opening statement based on the last 2 pages of "facts" from you. This is aimed directly at you, it quotes you, it's directed at you

Statement

Question, based on the last few pages of concern trolls, yourself included, to answer

Closing statement

Why would I entertain your diatribe when you clearly have me confused with someone else. I answered your question, no it wasn't me, lol. You can't even remember your own words.

Let me remind you that there are 195 officially recognized countries in the world.
Of these, only 15 recognize the Russian claim to Crimea.
You can try all you want to claim that Crimea belongs to Russia, but that is only Russian propaganda.

Crimea shouldn't belong to Russia in a perfect world, but the fact is they have it and Ukraine has to take it back...

Nikodemos

Crimea shouldn't belong to Russia in a perfect world, but the fact is they have it and Ukraine has to take it back...
In a perfect world, the West should've answered with a resounding "Lolno, fuck off" when the "we're totally no longer not commies, honest, guv" post-91 Russian leaders came to beg for help, especially after the Mitrokhin Archive got released.

Why would I entertain your diatribe when you clearly have me confused with someone else. I answered your question, no it wasn't me, lol. You can't even remember your own words.
So your answer to

"Was it you who asked that with the death count/injury count that Ukraine should already be in Crimea? That's not the question

The question is with your supposed math of Ukrainian losses, shouldn't Russia be in Kyiv by now? Why aren't they? Because they have the numbers....right?"

Is, "No, it wasn't me"

Gotcha. Glad you answered the burning question there 👏

So your answer to

"Was it you who asked that with the death count/injury count that Ukraine should already be in Crimea? That's not the question

The question is with your supposed math of Ukrainian losses, shouldn't Russia be in Kyiv by now? Why aren't they? Because they have the numbers....right?"

Is, "No, it wasn't me"

Gotcha. Glad you answered the burning question there 👏

I'm sorry you disappointed yourself assuming I was someone else. Unfortunately, I am not privy to that conversation you had with whoever it was.

Russia did not grow, the oligarchs grabbed more of the money there was. Some more great insights from this guy who seems like a crypto bro stirring up shit with doom predictions:

(there were no blackouts)

(the Euro did not in fact slide further away)

(Walmart stock rose by 22 percent since this was written)

Yes, Russia was prepared for the economic shock of the war. Since they started it. In the first months they made untold billions in gas and oil sales. But that party is over, gas is now cheaper then it was in 2019 or 2018 and Russia has to sell its oil to India for pennies profit per barrel.
If oligarch wealth were to increase by another 1000 billion that would be fantastic news as it meant more money not going to the war.

winjer

Gold Member

Russia publishes the economic data that Putin likes. Not the reality.
And for some stupid reason, news site like those still publish what the Russian government says.
If the Russian economy was doing so well, they would not have closed their stock market.
And for a year, the Russian Ruble was being propped up by foreign currency reserves. But now they are gone, and the Ruble collapsed.
And let's also remember that most of Russian wealth is currently being diverted into war production, which then gets blown up and disappears.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Oh God Reaction GIF

Definitely a slower grind than I had hoped for but this fucking dilly dallying with weapon systems is beyond rediculous as is the American right who are so fucking stupid that Putin's troll farms are working magic on them and actually turning them against NATO and siding with their age old enemy... I mean WTF, how in the hell does that happen, not a single American soldier gets killed and all you gotta do is keep supplying the weapons and somehow these morons think this is a bad thing??? Russia isn't a country it's a terrorist state run by gangsters, the West should be going to war with these fucks

FunkMiller

Oh God Reaction GIF

Definitely a slower grind than I had hoped for but this fucking dilly dallying with weapon systems is beyond rediculous as is the American right who are so fucking stupid that Putin's troll farms are working magic on them and actually turning them against NATO and siding with their age old enemy... I mean WTF, how in the hell does that happen, not a single American soldier gets killed and all you gotta do is keep supplying the weapons and somehow these morons think this is a bad thing??? Russia isn't a country it's a terrorist state run by gangsters, the West should be going to war with these fucks

Putin has very definitely benefited from the endless parade of morons on social media in the west, who will believe anything they see, as long as it confirms whatever biases they've got. I'm sure he looked at how credulous some people were about covid, and thought 'I can really take advantage of that'. The fact so many American smooth brains are still eating up the bullshit is one of the reasons he keeps chugging along.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Putin has very definitely benefited from the endless parade of morons on social media in the west, who will believe anything they see, as long as it confirms whatever biases they've got. I'm sure he looked at how credulous some people were about covid, and thought 'I can really take advantage of that'. The fact so many American smooth brains are still eating up the bullshit is one of the reasons he keeps chugging along.
I know we're skirting the line with "politics" but by god it makes my blood boil thinking about how those "useful idiots" can't fucking see they're being manipulated and then you have the grifters on YouTube/bumble or whatever the fuck platform those monkeys go to get their "news" from that are so clearly in the pocket of Moscow.. is this really what people want? Putin isn't a strong man ready to uphold conservative rights, he's a fucking Hitler wannabe, nothing but a 2 bit gangster running 2 countries into the ground and will forever be immortalised as nothing more than a cunt.

Thankfuck the Brits and the rest of the EU have stepped up to the plate and delivered longer range missiles, America won't be going to war with China for quite a few years yet so there's no reason to be holding onto so much weaponry that could be delivering a decisive blow to those orc cunts

winjer

Gold Member
Too many people are too naïve when it comes to economic data reported by authoritarian countries.
These dictatorships have a strong interest in propping up data, to pretend everything is much better than what is the reality.
Even before the war, the Russian economy was probably half of what was reported by the kremlin.

Just wait until Russia unleashes their 1500 T-14 Armatas en 100 Su-57 Felons. You know, the ones they claim to have produced so they must exist.

Liljagare

One 155-mm gun replaces 3-4 152-mm guns": the Ministry of Defense said that Russia has lost its advantage in artillery
The Ministry of Defense of Ukraine announced that the occupying Russian army had already lost its advantage in artillery at the fronts. This was achieved thanks to the wider use of 155-caliber artillery by the Defense Forces of our countrywar.obozrevatel.com/ukr/odna-155-m…
According to Volodymyr Gavrilov, Deputy Head of the Defense Department, every 100 barrels of 155 caliber is the same as 300-400 barrels of 152 caliber used by the occupiers
"Actually, today we are balanced with Russian artillery due to the better quality of our artillery, more accurate, more reliable, more modern. And this balance is strategically important. Russia has lost its advantage in artillery as it started this war, although it has more barrels noted the representative of the Ministry of Defense.

The enemy claims that the AFU have solidified their positions in northern part of robotyne and ADVANCED in the area of Verbovo!
https://x.com/astraiaintel/status/1693864314237485130?s=46

The GUR (Ukrainian military intelligence) has coordinated with partisans in Russia. Over the last few days, they’ve destroyed one bomber, but also damaged four bombers, at two separate air fields. The drone attacks were launched from within Russia.

source

Last edited:

Tams

Honestly, the only things that need nuking are the Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok servers.

You doubled down on showing your age by saying 10 years is not a long time, and then calling the other guy "gramps". 10 years isn't even long enough for a studio to make two AAA games these days!! LOL

It's plenty of time to fortify and move in a Russian population to claim the land which they have done. Way to tie in video games though.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Russia publishes the economic data that Putin likes. Not the reality.
And for some stupid reason, news site like those still publish what the Russian government says.
In the news article this information is named as being from the Swiss bank. I would expect them to have a decent clue as to where they stand. I wouldn’t have asked if it were entirely some opinion piece.

BlackTron

It's plenty of time to fortify and move in a Russian population to claim the land which they have done. Way to tie in video games though.

People can move in a month. In fact thousands of Ukrainian kids moved to Russia only since the start of the war!

What a bizzaro way to gauge the passage of time. Because it was enough time for a shit government to enact their Dr. Evil plan.

winjer

Gold Member
In the news article this information is named as being from the Swiss bank. I would expect them to have a decent clue as to where they stand. I wouldn’t have asked if it were entirely some opinion piece.

And their source is rosstat, which is controlled by Putin's government.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Ukraine is the real Russia just like Taiwan is the real China.

More of a shower thought maybe but LET'S GO UKRAINE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom