• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

winjer

Gold Member
Is Putin brown bread?

Maybe Russia will make a new "Weekend at Bernie's"

879INHa.jpg

Liljagare

Germany handed over a new package of military aid to Ukraine, according to the website of the German government.
The package includes:
▪️1 IRIS-T SLM air defense system and IRIS-T missiles;
▪️1 TRML-4D radar;
▪️4 armored personnel carriers;
▪️4 HX81 tank tractors and 4 tank trailers;
▪️6 border guard vehicles;
▪️8 Vector UAVs and 5 surface drones;
▪️4 GO 12 counter-battery radars;
▪️ [ammunition for multiple rocket launchers MARS II];
▪️10 thousand protective glasses.

https://www.bundesregierung.de/breg-en/news/military-support-ukraine-2054992

This was a tough read,

As Bakhmut counteroffensive lags, soldiers burnt out from horrors of war​

RAÏSanÏa

Is Putin brown bread?

It would be something to see how durable Moscovia gov control is in the moscovite scramble for succession and power grabs with those treacherous, obedient like beaten dogs, dimwitted, subservient vassals in their current proto-North Korea style pit. A sudden natural death of glorious leader would send them spinning, and especially so for the aspiring imperial theocratic authoritarians who need their strongman icon.

The subject, true or not, will open up some dialogue about succession which should raise paranoia levels with plots & schemes initiating power struggles creating instabilities.

That's why they wanted Sims3!

Liljagare

Ukrainian forces marginally advanced on the east (left) bank of #Kherson Oblast and continued offensive operations near #Bakhmut and in western #Zaporizhia Oblast on October 27.

The Russian trench rat/mice issue is a fairly serious one that reportedly really went downhill over the past few weeks as cold weather set in.

Lunarorbit

I saw the mouse tweet yesterday. That's gonna cause major problems. Those mice are going to be nibbling on everything at night including humans.

The Stig

White House: Russia endures heavy losses near Avdiivka, suffers from low morale.
U.S. National Security Council spokesperson John Kirby said that according to Washington's assessments, Russia is suffering significant losses and experiencing low morale due to its attacks on Avdiivka, European Pravda reported on Oct. 26.
"We have information that the Russian military has been actually executing soldiers who are refusing to follow orders," Kirby said during the press briefing, according to the Agence France Presse.
"We also have information that Russian commanders are threatening to execute entire units if they seek to retreat from Ukrainian artillery fire."

https://kyivindependent.com/media-u...heavy-losses-at-avdiivka-executes-own-troops/
It worked in WW2 (just kidding, its awful)

I just finished watching Jake Broe's latest assessment of things in Ukraine and I got to say it is pretty dismal. It is starting to look like the west is gonna fail Ukraine. I get the feeling the republicans in the US are gonna stop any funding to Ukraine and with the source of weaponry gone this is just going to end in a stalemate for the next few years. Meanwhile it is reported that Russian oil is trading above the 60 dollar price cap because Russia is now using non-western insurance companies

Here is the episode if anyone wants to watch it

The guy is usually pretty gung ho in Ukraines favour and even he felt frustrated and despondant about the whole situation.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
My second ballcap from Saint Javelin came today, and these things are really well made. Just as nice, possibly even a little nicer, than my Ralph Lauren Polo caps. And to think they make them to order by hand as near you as possible.

On the war: I watched a rather deflating interview with a terribly wounded Ukrainian soldier about how the counter attack is going. Basically even with the modern mechanized equipment that can overpower Russian gear, they're still facing almost impossible odds at times because the Russian artillery simply outclasses theirs range wise. We really need to get Ukraine some serious artillery if we're not already.

ThisIsMyDog

I just finished watching Jake Broe's latest assessment of things in Ukraine and I got to say it is pretty dismal. It is starting to look like the west is gonna fail Ukraine. I get the feeling the republicans in the US are gonna stop any funding to Ukraine and with the source of weaponry gone this is just going to end in a stalemate for the next few years. Meanwhile it is reported that Russian oil is trading above the 60 dollar price cap because Russia is now using non-western insurance companies

Here is the episode if anyone wants to watch it

The guy is usually pretty gung ho in Ukraines favour and even he felt frustrated and despondant about the whole situation.

Ukraine's internal situation is tragic, a very weak economy held mainly by external support, a demographic disaster where 6 million young women, children, have fled to the west, to Poland, Germany. Few of them will return after experiencing a much better standard of living, even more so if the war continues. And the end of the conflict could make it even worse as millions of men will also leave for the west for better wages and will not want to live in a war-ruined country. And then you have external factors that don't favor them, like the resistance of Republicans in the U.S. to aid or the blocking of aid from the EU by Hungary, this will now be joined by Slovakia as well, and here we are talking about 50 billion euros by 2027, huge funds for Ukraine. I am from Poland so a tragedy for Ukraine is also a tragedy for my country, i see it all in increasingly black colors, it is difficult to be optimistic.

Liljagare

Ukrainian forces liberated Krynky on the south side of the Dnipro and Konka River.

New explosions confirmed in occupied Crimea.
This is Sevastopol where the explosion shocked this resident despite the air raid warning sounding.
It's seems Russia's defenders again put up the now familiar smokecreen in Sevastopol, but Crimea Wind Telegram channel quotes subscribers saying there there was a strike in the area.
Inevitably, occupiers say air defence worked, which may be partially true.
It's also reported there may have been a strike on the Novofedorivka airfield, on the west coast, north of Sevastopol. Fire trucks seen heading there.

Artoris

Gold Member

Russia finally "ready" for Ukraine peace talks​

newsweek.com/russia...

"The Kremlin has specified a few conditions that are non-negotiable for Russia, including that Ukraine must accept the September 2022 annexation of four of its regions—Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia—following referendums called by Putin that were deemed illegal by the international community."

J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF
At this point Russia does not have any credibility left

Liljagare

AuB7UdV.jpg

Countering disinformation with facts - Russian invasion of Ukraine
The Kremlin has long spread disinformation and propaganda to achieve its objectives. It continues to disseminate lies to justify its unprovoked, unjustifiable invasion of Ukraine. Below, you will find a sample of the many lies by the Russian regime about its invasion of Ukraine, along with the truth. This information is based on Government of Canada intelligence.

https://www.international.gc.ca/wor...crisis-crises/ukraine-fact-fait.aspx?lang=eng

Ukrainian fighters are achieving "good results" on the left bank of the Kherson region, but we can't talk about it (details) yet, - OK "South"

Last edited:

Liljagare

Austin said that nearly 20 months into Putin's failed campaign of conquest, the Russian military has been badly weakened. "Ukraine's brave forces have taken back more than half of the territory seized by Russian invaders since February 2022," he said. "That was made possible by bipartisan and principled U.S. leadership — and our coalition of some 50 allies and partners."
…"In Ukraine, Putin has felt that he could wait us out," the secretary said. "That's … the main part of his strategy. He feels that the West will get tired of supporting Ukraine, and he will soon have his way. If that's the case, if we don't support Ukraine, then Putin wins."
If Putin wins in Ukraine, he will push on, Austin said. NATO nations will be threatened.
https://www.defense.gov/News/News-S...sk-for-funds-to-defend-embattled-democracies/

GeoConfirmed Investigation - Russian Avdiivka Offensive
Based on Open Sources and double checked by Com Sat Img, since the offensive started on 9 or 10 October:
Russian losses:
197 vehicle losses.18 potential vehicle losses.
Loss = Damaged or destroyed.

Liljagare

Losses are pretty high again.. :eek:

mfXKHVE.jpg

"The Ukrainian Armed Forces have halted the Russians in the #Vuhledar direction of the #Donetsk region, inflicting significant losses on the enemy. Dozens of vehicles have been destroyed, with many killed and wounded," Ukrainian President Zelensky said.
📷: President’s Office

First images coming out of #Vuhledar: AFU 72nd Separate Mechanized Brigade was key in repulsing the Russian advance. At least 10 pieces of Russian armor were destroyed/disabled during the attempt.

Last edited:

Liljagare

Fucking madness, hundreds of millions getting blown up, hundreds of dead, for what?

Ukrainian 47th Mechanised Brigade released footage of destruction of large Russian mechanised assault on Avdiivka which the Russians tried to attack on October 10.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
When are the Russians gonna fucking wake up, this "stalemate" is such a monumental waste of life and Russia is just pissing its future down the drain for what? It'll never win and what has it actually gained? Destroyed villages, infrastructure and a population that utterly hates it?? I just can't wrap my head around how the elite of Russia just keep plowing on with this and the population just keeps signing up to die horribly for nothing more than the vanity of an insane old cunt... Fucking Russians, 21st century Nazi's without the cool uniforms, I wish they'd hurry up and all die and give the rest of the world a break

Liljagare

When are the Russians gonna fucking wake up, this "stalemate" is such a monumental waste of life and Russia is just pissing its future down the drain for what? It'll never win and what has it actually gained? Destroyed villages, infrastructure and a population that utterly hates it?? I just can't wrap my head around how the elite of Russia just keep plowing on with this and the population just keeps signing up to die horribly for nothing more than the vanity of an insane old cunt... Fucking Russians, 21st century Nazi's without the cool uniforms, I wish they'd hurry up and all die and give the rest of the world a break

Same as in many other hotspots atm, the "leadership" are sitting in cozy multimillion houses, stuffing their faces with caviar and Kobe beef.

sinnergy

Looks like I got it right , when the war started . Ukraine has to give up those 4 territories, politics blabla.we the West never really gave the good stuff. We could easily have started with stealth fighters . Hell even f16s when the war started , would have been flying 6 months in ..

Sad state of affairs , NATO doesn’t care they get a larger border against Russia anyway.

belmarduk

Looks like I got it right , when the war started . Ukraine has to give up those 4 territories, politics blabla.we the West never really gave the good stuff. We could easily have started with stealth fighters . Hell even f16s when the war started , would have been flying 6 months in ..

Sad state of affairs , NATO doesn’t care they get a larger border against Russia anyway.

Ukraine is not going to give up those oblasts nor will it cede Crimea.

Liljagare

Ukrainian forces continued offensive operations near #Bakhmut and in western #Zaporizhia Oblast on November 3.

The below statement has not yet been vetted, but damn:
The video is from Crimea where the occupiers brought back SMERSH, a notorious Soviet organization that ‘took care’ of people with anti-Soviet inclinations.
The head of the Crimean organization is an individual who goes by ‘Comrade Major’.
He recently ‘paid a visit’ to a woman who was denounced for posting videos ‘discrediting’ the inglorious Russian Army.

Last edited:

Forsete

Last edited:

Liljagare

To date, Ukraine has reclaimed more than half the territory Russia seized since 2022. Arms and equipment announced today as part of continued U.S. assistance will help sustain Ukraine’s battlefield needs.

The United States is providing additional security assistance to Ukraine, valued at $125m in arms and equipment + $300m in funds to strengthen air defenses. This includes more NASAMS, HIMARS, TOW missiles, and more.
https://defense.gov/News/Releases/R...nnounces-new-security-assistance-for-ukraine/

Liljagare

NEW: Ukrainian President Volodymyr #Zelensky emphasized that the war in #Ukraine is not a “stalemate” in a comment to the media about Ukrainian Commander-in-Chief General Valerii Zaluzhnyi’s essay on the positional nature of warfare in Ukraine. (1/6)

General Staff: Russians try to regain positions near Bakhmut, launch offensive on Avdiivka
The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine reported 82 battles along the frontline within the past day.

https://euromaidanpress.com/2023/11...ns-near-bakhmut-launch-offensive-on-avdiivka/

Ukrainian Air Force Commander confirms destruction of Russian warship in Kerch​

Dane

Russian shills should be asked the simple question "If your neighbor invades your yard, would you cede it to him?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom