• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackTron

If Trump gets elected and blocks support then almost certainly. Unless the EU and Europe is going to try and fund it by themselves. But sadly if Ukraine cannot get reliable support from the US then victory for them is impossible.

Man if we leave them out to dry. After having the opportunity to end it long ago and save countless Ukrainian lives.

We really really failed. And our entire generation should be ashamed. As an American, I'll hang my head for the rest of my life over it. It's not only failing Ukraine, it's failing the whole world. Entire generations will live worse for it.

Liljagare

BiaLI0O.jpg

MikeM

Gold Member
Man if we leave them out to dry. After having the opportunity to end it long ago and save countless Ukrainian lives.

We really really failed. And our entire generation should be ashamed. As an American, I'll hang my head for the rest of my life over it. It's not only failing Ukraine, it's failing the whole world. Entire generations will live worse for it.
Tell your friends to vote.

Nonehxc

Dy7gnxC.png

Say Hello 🤗 and present arms 🫡🫡🫡 to Serhii, Olekdsandr and Little Brad, together known as THE BRADLEY. 🫡🫡🫡🫡🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦

Among the greatest hits from this former teacher(Serhii) and motorcycle engineer (Olekdsandr) while serving in Avdiivka with other machines and their crews, they battered that poor T-90M until the Russians couldn't shit more shit and their asses started churning human butter.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

It's irrelevant to America.

The Iran Nuclear Deal would have kickstarted a process of lessening tensions in the middle east by defusing one of it's many issues, but we can't have nice things so USA bailed out, while promising "a better deal" that never happened.

Fenix34

I remove teeth
And i found one more guy.Dudnikov Daniil.He was for Navalny and opposition in Donetsk(where russians stay)(2001 d.o.b).p.s
ZYHmnJd.jpg
in russia no opposition
FcwRXKU.jpg
2Bk5ORP.jpg

T42NTYk.jpg

Last edited:

Liljagare

KveNJeq.jpg

Russian troops outnumber Ukrainians 4 to one on a key battlefront, soldier says: 'The situation is deplorable'.

Ukrainian hackers steal construction plans for 500 Russian military sites — report

The Ukrainian Armed Forces have come up with a new strategy in the war with RussiaThis is the opinion of BILD columnist Julian Röpke. The reason for this was the decline in Western support: the allies' aid commitments have decreased by almost 90% compared to the same period in 2022.

This is how Avdiivka looks today. There’s so much pain for every Ukrainian city destroyed. For every life ruined.

A good target got hit, Russian governor: Russian natural gas seaport terminal catches fire.

Last edited:

Liljagare

X5ttcxN.jpg

This should be more in the news. Offensive against Avdivvka is a huge failure without results. Here a tweet with the losses from both sides.

Last edited:

Nonehxc

X5ttcxN.jpg

This should be more in the news. Offensive against Avdivvka is a huge failure without results. Here a tweet with the losses from both sides.

ANNIHILATE

Reminds me of the first days of the war and a journalist asking a Ukrainian SF how they intended to resist against a nuclear machine of steel and oil with three times their population and resources:

'Easy, if need be, we will kill 10 of them for every man, woman and child those monsters kill, even with sticks...guess who will run out of population first' 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member

A bit of an off-topic, but I wonder why so many people use this word, the wrong way.
Decimate means to kill one tenth of a group. Not to kill everyone or most of a group.

For context, it was a Roman punishment, for when a whole unit or army failed or committed some crime or treason.
A general instead of killing everyone, which would leave him without an army, would punish with "decimate".
Men were gathered in groups of ten, that's where the decima part comes from, then each would draw straws. The man with the shortest would be killed by the 9 remaining.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
DECIMATE

Reminds me of the first days of the war and a journalist asking a Ukrainian SF how they intended to resist against a nuclear machine of steel and oil with three times their population and resources:

'Easy, if need be, we will kill 10 of them for every man, woman and child those monsters kill, even with sticks...guess who will run out of population first' 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's a huge grind. For a while now russians have been using prison population to an astounding degree, including women prisoners. This is what is currently sustaining them, we're talking 100k+ troops. There's about 250k left, but its unknown how much of it can be tapped, given that they've going to the extreme to shutting down heating in the middle of the winter to get them to volunteer. They're increasing efforts to tap foreign troops from friendly countries: china, africa, venezuela... but who knows. It's a tall order and Ukraine isn't reporting sightings.

Nonehxc

A bit of an off-topic, but I wonder why so many people use this word, the wrong way.
Decimate means to kill one tenth of a group. Not to kill everyone or most of a group.

For context, it was a Roman punishment, for when a whole unit or army failed or committed some crime or treason.
A general instead of killing everyone, which would leave him without an army, would punish with "decimate".
Men were gathered in groups of ten, that's where the decima part comes from, then each would draw straws. The man with the shortest would be killed by the 9 remaining.
Right, sometimes I forget my classics and use it in a 'ludicrous bunch of deados', but changed it so it fits the scenario better.

What would be to kill 10 times in english?

It's a huge grind. For a while now russians have been using prison population to an astounding degree, including women prisoners. This is what is currently sustaining them, we're talking 100k+ troops. There's about 250k left, but its unknown how much of it can be tapped, given that they've going to the extreme to shutting down heating in the middle of the winter to get them to volunteer. They're increasing efforts to tap foreign troops from friendly countries: china, africa, venezuela... but who knows. It's a tall order and Ukraine isn't reporting sightings.

Troops or 'mercenaries'? Ukraine grinded into a paste the supposedly 2nd Army of the world...what can Private Zhu or private contractor Lumumba do better than them? Die faster so they don't have to wire the first payment even? 😄

In other news, they're preeetty mad and preeetty poor.

Putin signed a decree that gives them right and action over historical posesions and real-state. Guess Alaska and the Duchy of Finland natives will have a word about that. Dunno why are they going this way, but they're pretty much condemning to die every Russian ex-pat or Russian with another nationality, the way they're behaving. We were bad as conquerors when we didn't have over us something threatening... WE'RE MUCH WORSE AS ENDANGERED NATIVES, WE DON'T DIE TO PROTECT OURS AND OUR FAMILIES, WE KILL. Unlike you, who seem hellbent on DYING for the Motherland.

And the State Duma passed laws allowing the confiscations of goods and assets owned by anyone who difames or 'creates, distributes and engage' fakes about the army, the actions of it, the State, their personalities, their actions, etc etc. Don't watch, or you will be left without undies even. Punishable with 15 years jail time and confiscation of everything owned. If goods and assets passed to others, those are guilty too.

Also, confiscation of goods and assets of anyone who 'makes calls against State and security', meaning if you try to protest, organize, put posters against, you lose everything.

Guess defenestrating the purse lords didn't amount to squat, since they're going for the littlest of purses now.

I think they passed already laws to that matter about if you difame the army or go against the State, they could send you to the frontline.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Right, sometimes I forget my classics and use it in a 'ludicrous bunch of deados', but changed it so it fits the scenario better.

What would be to kill 10 times in english?

Annihilate is the more apt term, as it means to destroy completely. Or to reduce to nonexistence. To defeat decisively.

This is much closer to what is happening with some Russian units in Ukraine.
Though one could argue it has a tone of hyperbole, considering there are still so many Russian soldiers alive and fighting.

Liljagare

oE1buNY.jpg

Ukraine’s ammo shortage becoming more difficult by the day. Around Bakhmut an M109 position we visited only got smoke rounds. The division commander says the current ratio is 10:1 in favor of the Russians. Still Ukrainian troops are holding on.

Russians launched several attacks using X-22 missiles on the two districts of Kharkiv.
The strikes killed two women and injured at least 28 people. Apartment buildings, an educational institution, and other exclusively civilian infrastructure were destroyed.
Aftermath video:

Last edited:

Liljagare

Turkeys parliament has voted yes to Sweden joining NATO, now the decision lies with Erdogan.

(first source, only in Swedish, think more should follow shortly)

EDIT:

Turkish parliament approves Sweden’s NATO membership bid.

Turkey set to approve Sweden's NATO membership bid after long delay

Turkey Backs Sweden’s NATO Bid

Why is this important for Ukraine? Sweden joining Nato - frees up more of every weapon system Sweden has developed, all made just with one goal in mind, defeat a Russian invasion.

The sad part is if Turkey & Hungary approved Sweden 2022/23 there would have been 24 JAS Gripen in Ukraine already.

Hardly made a blip on the news, lol.

Last edited:

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Turkeys parliament has voted yes to Sweden joining NATO, now the decision lies with Erdogan.

(first source, only in Swedish, think more should follow shortly)

EDIT:

Turkish parliament approves Sweden’s NATO membership bid.

Turkey set to approve Sweden's NATO membership bid after long delay

Turkey Backs Sweden’s NATO Bid

Why is this important for Ukraine? Sweden joining Nato - frees up more of every weapon system Sweden has developed, all made just with one goal in mind, defeat a Russian invasion.

The sad part is if Turkey & Hungary approved Sweden 2022/23 there would have been 24 JAS Gripen in Ukraine already.

Hardly made a blip on the news, lol.
Seems like major global news that nato added its first new member in X years…

Edit: i guess still waiting on hungary it seems?

Last edited:

Nonehxc

Ukraine shot down an IL-76 cargo plane in Belgorod which, according to 'official' Russian sources, was transporting Ukrainian PoW.

Russian bots and western retardos trying to spread this missinfo and make Ukraine look really bad (remember Olenivska prison bombing, tens if not hundreds of PoW dead, they trumpet Ukraine is killing their own and then Steven Seagal comes, grabs a piece of iron and says this is HIMARS, I'm an expert american in american weapons and have seen HIMARS up close and this is without a doubt HIMARS 🥴 ) are coming out of the woodworks, when this plane history has been doing flightpaths through Egypt and Saudi Arabia to...you got it...Iran. So even Russian Telegram channels are 'Fuck you I don't believe you', because who would transport PoW by air? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Some are saying S-300 missiles, some are saying other things, some also add Shaheds... what's clear it's that the Il-76 took off then it was promoted to dive bomber and those must have been some pretty explosive PoW judging by that fireball. 🤯

Furthermore, many of the names of the PoW on that list published by that Triple Cancer of AIDS mouth 👄 Margarita Simonyan and conveniently circulated around that says on top 'PoW on IL-76 cargo plane ' appear on other lists of PoW ALREADY exchanged.

Last edited:

hlm666

Some are saying S-300 missiles, some are saying other things, some also add Shaheds... what's clear it's that the Il-76 took off then it was promoted to dive bomber and those must have been some pretty explosive PoW judging by that fireball. 🤯
In mother (fucker) incest land russia planes don't come to the ground to land, the ground comes to them.

winjer

Gold Member
Ukraine shot down an IL-76 cargo plane in Belgorod which, according to 'official' Russian sources, was transporting Ukrainian PoW.

Russian bots and western retardos trying to spread this missinfo and make Ukraine look really bad (remember Olenivska prison bombing, tens if not hundreds of PoW dead, they trumpet Ukraine is killing their own and then Steven Seagal comes, grabs a piece of iron and says this is HIMARS, I'm an expert american in american weapons and have seen HIMARS up close and this is without a doubt HIMARS 🥴 ) are coming out of the woodworks, when this plane history has been doing flightpaths through Egypt and Saudi Arabia to...you got it...Iran. So even Russian Telegram channels are 'Fuck you I don't believe you', because who would transport PoW by air? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Furthermore, many of the names of the PoW on that list published by that Triple Cancer of AIDS mouth 👄 Margarita Simonyan and conveniently circulated around that says on top 'PoW on IL-76 cargo plane ' appear on other lists of PoW ALREADY exchanged.

I can already imagine Russians trying to choose between saying the plane was shot by Ukraine, admitting that Russia can't even control the air over it's own country.
Or saying that the plane crashed on it's own, due to some technical failure. But admitting the western sanctions are taking a serious toll on Russian aviation.
Or saying that Russia shootdown their own plane. Admitting again that the Russian military is utterly incompetent.

I really doubt that Russia is using planes to carry Ukrainian POWs, when they have so many logistical issues. It would be a waste of resources.
I would sooner believe that Russia is forcing Ukrainian POWs to march on foot, all the way to Siberia.

Last edited:

Nonehxc

Lovely close-up of the IL-76 losing its head before disintegration

Some people say it could have been a continous-rod warhead, but who knows. There's smoke on the flighpath of the IL-76, maybe it was a warhead, maybe they're pushing these past their death date by far, we only know there's a federal order around all Russia to scavenge from scrapyards every steel nut and bolt they can put their claws in, since Glorious Russian Steel 💪🏻🤨🇷🇺 is all spoken for and diminishing rapidly under the Ukrainian Sun and Chinesium 🇨🇳 doesn't hold a candle to Decadent Rotten Western Metal 🤮🇯🇵🇺🇲🇪🇺

Last edited:

Liljagare

Viktor Orbán has confirmed his government's support for Sweden's NATO membership during a phone call with NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg. This comes after Turkey's National Assembly approved Sweden's NATO application.
The Hungarian National Assembly is now the last step needed for full approval. Sweden applied for NATO membership alongside Finland in 2022, following Russia's invasion of Ukraine. The Norwegian Storting and parliaments of 28 other NATO member states have already formally approved Sweden's membership, making it the 32nd member upon final approval.

Liljagare

aaBMDCY.jpg

Ukraine’s new strategy hits Russia where it hurts

Last edited:

hlm666

The electronic anti drone defense UK gave Ukraine seems to bring the drones down pretty much intact. Imagine if Ukraine can get them working enough to fire back. Good luck telling putin his drones are really boomerangs.

should be linked to the appropriate part of the video.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Israel recently lost 25 soldiers and it's became a massive issue internally with the government and it's people...

Russia loses between 300-1000 every single fucking day for the last 2 years and not one fuck is given by their government or it's people...

Tells you everything you need to know about Russians

Nonehxc

Same week 🦃 Parliament approves Sweden accesion to NATO, Hungary's Parliament does too, Fico will approve EU package( I'm still split about this guy, he says different things to different people and seems a hard retard like Orban but he always comes through really fast...populists gotta populism I guess) and Orban, looking at EU using the Bonkhammer for the first time ever on his head, caved in...

Guess diplomacy and 'diplomacy' worked good.

Now stop chomping the buffet and get Ukraine the tools and help they need.

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
It's utterly maddening to me that this war is hinging on how the yanks vote, the Fanta cunt gets in and he condemns Ukrainians and the EU to a prolonged war in Europe with terrible consequences, how are the patriotic yanks of all people siding with the fucking Russians!?!

winjer

Gold Member
It's utterly maddening to me that this war is hinging on how the yanks vote, the Fanta cunt gets in and he condemns Ukrainians and the EU to a prolonged war in Europe with terrible consequences, how are the patriotic yanks of all people siding with the fucking Russians!?!

That is really strange. The Republican party went from being the hawks that destroyed the soviet union, to the party that loves to suck up to Putin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom