• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 delayed to November 20th

Dazraell

GSC Game World just delayed S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl to November 20th

GSC Game World has announced Stalker 2's delay from September 5 to November 20, to give its development team time to fix bugs.

Today, July 25, the Stalker 2 studio announced that its upcoming first-person shooter had been subjected to a two-month delay, pushing it out of releasing in just a matter of weeks on September 5. Stalker 2: Heart of Chornobyl will now launch later this year on November 20 instead.

The shooter's delay is, quite simply, down to bugs. "We know you might be tired of waiting, and we truly appreciate your patience," Yevhen Grygorovych, game director at GSC Game World, says in a statement. "These additional two months will give us the chance to fix more 'unexpected anomalies,'" Grygorovych continues, adding that said "anomalies" are simply bugs.

However, there's good news today for patient Stalker 2 fans. On August 12, a deep-dive into Heart of Chornobyl will debut in collaboration with Xbox, featuring in-depth interviews with GSC Game World developers, new gameplay including fresh locations and cutscenes, and even a full gameplay walkthrough of one of Stalker 2's main quests.

Source: GamesRadar

West Texas CEO

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief and Nosiest Dildo Archeologist
Kermit The Frog No GIF by Muppet Wiki

Hugare

I dont mind the delay, but they really should be more responsible with their schedule

I'm aware that they are at war, but say its gonna release on 2025 then. If they are able to release the game early, then great, everyone would be happy.

Last edited:

Braag

Should've just delayed it to next year. A lot of people who played it early said it was rough.
Stalker is too well known for being a buggy mess, I hope it's different this time.

Bry0

I’ll wait as long as I need to. Excited for the deep dive. Awesome to get a tease of the PDA

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Funny because I have an avatar bet on this game somewhere that it’ll launch to very mid reception… and the last showing made me think I was SoL and would likely lose because it looked good finally.

Then these impressions and another delay, and I’m back on track to being right.

I hope I’m wrong so I get a fun game to play but it’s hard to be excited with the mountain of shit stacked against this title.

Darsxx82

Deep dive 12 August. The new delayed date is compensated by the fact that, at least, we will be able to know more about the game relatively soon.

J3nga

I dont mind the delay, but they really should be more responsible with their schedule

I'm aware that they are at war, but say its gonna release on 2025 then. If they are able to release the game early, then great, everyone would be happy.
They're located in Prague.

The trailer is genius. i don't mind the delay, no matter what, bad or good I will buy the game. I can wait. Some people have waited 4 years for Concord 😂, what is a couple of months more for Stalker.

Zathalus

It’s a game being developed by a Ukrainian studio. Considering the country is being invaded I’m surprised the game is even getting released. So what if they need to delay it, it’s not as if their is a lack of games to play.

J3nga

I wonder if there was an event in 2022 that could have led to a delay. Hmm… must have been something, perhaps in February.

So yeah, if the devs need time, they need time.
I doubt it was anywhere close to being finished regardless of the events in February 2022

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I doubt it was anywhere close to being finished regardless of the events in February 2022

"The events" have caused it to be delayed 2+ years from its original release date. If everything was going smoothly without any "events" causing the delay, it would have come out by the end of 2022 at most, maybe Q1 2023.

King Dazzar

If I were a betting man. I'd wager that it still needs a lot longer in the oven. But release pressure has met with a compromise of November. I'm expecting this to still come in hot. I'll keep my fingers crossed though as I loved the previous ones.

StereoVsn

"The events" have caused it to be delayed 2+ years from its original release date. If everything was going smoothly without any "events" causing the delay, it would have come out by the end of 2022 at most, maybe Q1 2023.
Games get delayed anyway, and they probably weren’t going to release in April.

However in this case they had literally devs killed, country invaded and more. Do you really think most people are able to function just fine immediately in such a case? Delays are unsurprising and inevitable in such a case.

Top Bottom