• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SJRB

Gold Member
Okay. I think this app has to do with the upcoming PS show.

I don't think it's Silent Hill anymore.

You think you can just switch allegiance like that? O no, my friend. You're in this for LIFE.

tenor.gif

MrSec84

Its tough to imagine this not playing out to be something substantial but I have to admit that everything WOULD add up if it turned out Hasan was just conducting some master-class trolling. I don't see WHY he would do that because people are going to eviscerate his game if it turns out not being Silent Hill. I know some people think well, this is all for attention, but I don't see this kind of attention benefitting him if he doesn't have a product that can hold up to both a massive wave of disappointment/ire from this not being silent hill and the following ridicule his project will receive which will likely end up ruining whatever semblance of a career the man has right now.

The connection with Nuare Studio confirmed by them on Twitter is plenty for anyone to see that this game is bigger than Blue Box are letting on, since 2014 (or maybe a bit earlier) Nuare have worked on more than 30 fairly big to really big production art projects:

Of course it could be Silent Hill, but I don't think it has to be an official SH game, if Hasan and Blue Box are being legit about the game being a similar style of Horror title, then TBH it could even be a spiritual successor to SH developed in the same vein as Dark Souls 1 was to Demon's Souls. This wouldn't require the Konami License or even their approval to make anything, though if an official contract was made to bring the franchise back of course that could happen.
TBH Konami doesn't have Kojima, Kojima really is the core of what makes those games from Silent Hill to Metal Gear so great (along with a phenomenal development team), so I think if Kojima was behind a new version of any of those games it wouldn't need to be called Silent Hill or Metal Gear.

Konami can't patent an atmosphere or any kind of artistic style, quality of the whole package of whatever is being made is going to matter most and deep down anyone clamouring for Kojima to make his expansion to PT's tease or something that is Silent Hills/Metal Gear in all but name isn't going to care and if Konami was to begin developing their own versions without Kojima's involvement, but call those games Metal Gear or Silent Hill the dedicate audience are going to see through that and not give them the faith they would Kojima's games.
At this point I'm wondering if Blue Box and co are Kojima Production's way of expanding their output capabilities, Bluepoint Games could certainly be a part of that, tying into Sony's recent investment in Kadakowa (who owns From Software).

Sony are also investing $18.5 Billion over the next 3 years from April this year to bolster their development output and overall production from SIE and it's partners, this could be a portion of that, along with other investments.
Maybe Sony will buy Nuare, if they're on the table and that would certainly be a good purchase or maybe just a deep investment (I don't know if they have stocks to sell).
This whole thing just gets my mind churning on what it could mean, I think it's a bigger deal than just one potential Silent Hill game or a Kojima Spiritual Successor that could only really be made with his involvement.

Maybe August is when we'll hear about what this means.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Delaying was the best move for the sake of both teams. Hype cycle is simmering down, pitchforks getting hung up, b-holes unclenching, expectations recalibrating.

Yeah, my comment about a remastered collection of 1-4 AND a new Silent Hill was kind of outrageous.

I'LL ACCEPT THE NEW SILENT HILL BY ITSELF

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
This has played out like a typical conspiracy theory thread. It's not anyone's fault, it's just the way our brains work. Pattern recognition and confirmation bias at play. I've seen my friends do the same thing with illuminati, fake moon landings, etc..

Faithless83

Banned
So something was supposed to go down today, with the rushed Blue Point acquisition announcement by SEJ and the Housemarque one.
This actually adds to the sudden app delay. Interesting...

Faithless83

Banned
that means nothing
Geez man, please bear with me.

There was supposed to be a Sony event late last week or the beginning of this one.
What is best way to announce that Bluepoint is now part of the PS family? With a new game!
I'm not saying Blue Box and Bluepoint are the same, just that there was supposed to be an event and the plans changed last minute.

The fact that the "app trailer" got caught up in the middle of everything happening, reinforces the narrative of "no games dev" is in fact a front.

Two important acquisitions like these, IMO deserve to be part of an event.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Geez man, please bear with me.

There was supposed to be a Sony event late last week or the beginning of this one.
What is best way to announce that Bluepoint is now part of the PS family? With a new game!
I'm not saying Blue Box and Bluepoint are the same, just that there was supposed to be an event and the plans changed last minute.

The fact that the "app trailer" got caught up in the middle of everything happening, reinforces the narrative of "no games dev" is in fact a front.

Two important acquisitions like these, IMO deserve to be part of an event.

Interesting take. Makes some sense. If you're right, then what does that make Hasan? Wouldn't that make him a real dev and not some actor?

Faithless83

Banned
Interesting take. Makes some sense. If you're right, then what does that make Hasan? Wouldn't that make him a real dev and not some actor?
If the studio is a front he could work at Nintendo for all we care (even though I would bet my chips on actor).
The point stands though, something was supposed to happen and the entire thing got delayed.

If this was a "no game dev" why delay something that was "ready for launch" for a month? An app to show a trailer? Come on!
Release the trailer on youtube and keep banking on the hype train.

The delay hurt more than it helped, "we don't have the app yet, but here's a little something" would make a lot of sense and kept the ball rolling.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
If the studio is a front he could work at Nintendo for all we care (even though I would bet my chips on actor).
The point stands though, something was supposed to happen and the entire thing got delayed.

If this was a "no game dev" why delay something that was "ready for launch" for a month? An app to show a trailer? Come on!
Release the trailer on youtube and keep banking on the hype train.

The delay hurt more than it helped, "we don't have the app yet, but here's a little something" would make a lot of sense and kept the ball rolling.

And why hype at date for the end of June, if you knew the app was still broken? It'll make sense to delay it if it was going to coincide with an event that Sony was having.

Faithless83

Banned
And why hype at date for the end of June, if you knew the app was still broken? It'll make sense to delay it if it was going to coincide with an event that Sony was having.
The app isn't broken at all. The delay announcement happening at the supposed day of release is reinforcing how last minute the decision was made.
Hasan was way too sure about the quality of it and how people would be pleased with the results.
Minor localization issues and delaying the app for a few days, leading to a change of heart on how it needed more polish, delaying it for a month.
How much can you polish if you're a small dev in a month?

There were rumors floating around about a Sony event days prior, which changed to August as well.
Another one to be added to the big pile of coincidences. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The question is, what was big enough to result in a event delay, affecting even a small dev?
Sony has been concise on their messages, not feeling the need to react to whatever the other big 2 are doing.
I'm hoping for something big.

cucuchu

Spent some time on the Blueboxconspiracy reddit, read through this thread again, watched more vids on the subject, and I'm entirely convinced this is just some very weird trolling by Hasan. He is just throwing a few sparks here and there to keep the fire going and its very odd, like he trolls and then busts his load from the response he gets and then after he nuts is like 'maybe that was a bad idea', such as deleting the "S_______L" tweet and making his PS profile private after playing the Liars game and apparently leaving it sit on the start up screen (no trophies). I dunno, entire thing is fucked and I feel like we are getting played.

I don't know why he can't just host his Q&A but that would leave him open to being exposed for only having what is almost sure to be an extremely underwhelming indie game

The dude is just trolling us all hard. I was intrigued and now I'm just reaching the point where I'm getting agitated. I don't see any value in outright trolling people and then turning around and complaining about the attention you are getting when its clear as day you are trolling. I went from Team Real to Hasan is just some fuck-wit with too much time and money and no practical capacity and/or motivation to produce a decent game. I hope I'm wrong and this is a Kojima Silent Hill, of course that would be a dream come true for me, but I'm sick of this bullshit with Hasan and his passive trolling while pretending to be ignorant of it all.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Started as #TeamFake

Still #TeamFake

Hope I'm wrong. Can't believe they keep dragging this out.

Faithless83

Banned
Spent some time on the Blueboxconspiracy reddit, read through this thread again, watched more vids on the subject, and I'm entirely convinced this is just some very weird trolling by Hasan. He is just throwing a few sparks here and there to keep the fire going and its very odd, like he trolls and then busts his load from the response he gets and then after he nuts is like 'maybe that was a bad idea', such as deleting the "S_______L" tweet and making his PS profile private after playing the Liars game and apparently leaving it sit on the start up screen (no trophies). I dunno, entire thing is fucked and I feel like we are getting played.

I don't know why he can't just host his Q&A but that would leave him open to being exposed for only having what is almost sure to be an extremely underwhelming indie game

The dude is just trolling us all hard. I was intrigued and now I'm just reaching the point where I'm getting agitated. I don't see any value in outright trolling people and then turning around and complaining about the attention you are getting when its clear as day you are trolling. I went from Team Real to Hasan is just some fuck-wit with too much time and money and no practical capacity and/or motivation to produce a decent game. I hope I'm wrong and this is a Kojima Silent Hill, of course that would be a dream come true for me, but I'm sick of this bullshit with Hasan and his passive trolling while pretending to be ignorant of it all.
Everything was on schedule. The S____L tweet, the week hype leading to the app release. The delay messed their timing is all.
Something happened that made them backtrack everything, currently I'm more curious about that.
Sony could come and have a state of play with GoW gameplay, and boom they would have won E3 without even showing for it.
The thirst was real and the E3 was lackluster at best, why wait a month?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
So I emailed Nuare last week.

I just told them there is evidence that Hasan is a bit of a fraud, and that they should be careful.

They responded today.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
This is what they said, sorry I'm at work and just typed that out to get some attention but didn't have time to actually copy/paste lol

Thank you for contacting us, we take all additional information into consideration. We believe that the best thing now is to let people work and prove that they can make a good project.

If Hasan would be really real, there is no way that he can deliver on what he promise and he lied a lot. In that case, Sony would have already interfered somehow. The thing is there is no way he can stop the release of an app on such a short notice. It's not like he has Sony on speed dial and can just say a couple of hours before the release: Sorry I changed my mind, stop the release please.

Additionally, why is he never showing one picture of his company (either from outside or the workspace inside), no one saw this place even on photos.

I don't know if he is an actor, an employee of Sony or possibly Kojima productions or whatever, but I do not believe he is real.

SkylineRKR

If Hasan would be really real, there is no way that he can deliver on what he promise and he lied a lot. In that case, Sony would have already interfered somehow. The thing is there is no way he can stop the release of an app on such a short notice. It's not like he has Sony on speed dial and can just say a couple of hours before the release: Sorry I changed my mind, stop the release please.

Additionally, why is he never showing one picture of his company (either from outside or the workspace inside), no one saw this place even on photos.

I don't know if he is an actor, an employee of Sony or possibly Kojima productions or whatever, but I do not believe he is real.

If he's hired, he registered himself and his studio 8 years ago. Its not impossible he somehow got connections that way and has been asked to act as a front or something since apparently his Kickstarter project was taken over by some benefactor. But he is approachable, you can message or tweet him. He does play games on his PS5. And it does show he playtests stuff like Abandoned. I think he really is an indie (who is either a fraud or simply can't deliver on his promises) who who got blown up because of the assumptions and connections made by the fanbase. A thing he consistently denied but that only added fuel to the fire along with his delays. Then there are the HK initials, which are a coincidence since they guy actually lives by this name for some odd 30 years, and his name meaning Hero which goes for lots of names by the way. The guy is a registered and born dutch citizen, he's real.

The numbers thing was fun for a while but his linkedin has grown since, and his trophy set also.

Last edited:

MacReady13

I think I have given up for now with this shit. Silent Hill means far too much for me, and this shit near on every few years builds my hopes up and then dashes them all the time. I have no reason to believe any of these stories and, as such, I'm not going to cling onto any thing this guy does. To me it's a massive cock tease and I'm not down for it at the moment. If this is indeed Silent Hill then just fucking come out and say it. Stop leading us down the path of utter bullshit. Just give us the definitive answers we all desire...

If he's hired, he registered himself and his studio 8 years ago. Its not impossible he somehow got connections that way and has been asked to act as a front or something since apparently his Kickstarter project was taken over by some benefactor. But he is approachable, you can message or tweet him. He does play games on his PS5. And it does show he playtests stuff like Abandoned. I think he really is an indie (who is either a fraud or simply can't deliver on his promises) who who got blown up because of the assumptions and connections made by the fanbase. A thing he consistently denied but that only added fuel to the fire along with his delays. Then there are the HK initials, which are a coincidence since they guy actually lives by this name for some odd 30 years, and his name meaning Hero which goes for lots of names by the way. The guy is a registered and born dutch citizen, he's real.

The numbers thing was fun for a while but his linkedin has grown since, and his trophy set also.
Was his photo registered back then? It does not need to be his real name. I think it’s possible that they made accounts back in the day on this fake name but didn’t had a face back then.

SkylineRKR

I think the truth is, this guy is unrelated. And Bloober is indeed working on a horror game for Konami. Thats the most likely.

I think I have given up for now with this shit. Silent Hill means far too much for me, and this shit near on every few years builds my hopes up and then dashes them all the time. I have no reason to believe any of these stories and, as such, I'm not going to cling onto any thing this guy does. To me it's a massive cock tease and I'm not down for it at the moment. If this is indeed Silent Hill then just fucking come out and say it. Stop leading us down the path of utter bullshit. Just give us the definitive answers we all desire...

He said its not silent hill, and they're not working with Konami or KojiPro. idk what else he can do? The S___L tweet was pulled after like 3 hours with an apology. And thats been like 3 weeks or a month ago?

If, and this is a big if, this is a lie. It would be a very lame marketing trick. It wouldn't make sense after so many denials, and its getting old. Its not anything like MDS which was conjured up right before the awards and then unveiled also. Which showed a snake lookalike and then they slipped a Fox logo. This so called ploy makes no sense at all. Because there is nothing here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom