• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
Did Norman Reedus need Konami's permission to put up that pic with Robbie the Rabbit? And, the fact that Abandoned has been teasing Silent Hill and Metal Gear, and the two companies (Sony and Konami) have remained silent, and it hasn't been debunked, must mean something.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Did Norman Reedus need Konami's permission to put up that pic with Robbie the Rabbit? And, the fact that Abandoned has been teasing Silent Hill and Metal Gear, and the two companies (Sony and Konami) have remained silent, and it hasn't been debunked, must mean something.
Konami haven’t been silent.

images

I doubt that the person responsible for the chat on the online store knows much about the future of the franchise

Unless merchandise is already being made for the reboot, but I doubt it
Oh I do think they know and they send out their promo too early, probably a miscommunication between Sony and them about the delayed reveal due to the delayed Sony event.

I mean they posted the following picture, but without the S at the end. Leaving the S out (or a number) would result the text not to be centered with the picture. I mean I wouldn’t expect them to make such poor mistakes in their marketing.

UWS4CoR.jpg

Hugare

Oh I do think they know and they send out their promo too early, probably a miscommunication between Sony and them about the delayed reveal due to the delayed Sony event.

I mean they posted the following picture, but without the S at the end. Leaving the S out (or a number) would result the text not to be centered with the picture. I mean I wouldn’t expect them to make such poor mistakes in their marketing.

UWS4CoR.jpg
I would expect them to make such poor mistakes, yeah. Otherwise it wouldnt make sense.

They posted it early by mistake but not inlucluding an "S" or number? How it could be done by mistake then? If the image was altered?

There is 2GB of information. Something must be there.
Don’t you think Kojima understands the community good enough to make sure that there is either no information of value in the app at this point or encrypted the meaningful data in such a way that it is nearly impossible to access it? If he couldn’t be sure about it he wouldn’t have released the app for preload.

GuinGuin

Banned
Don’t you think Kojima understands the community good enough to make sure that there is either no information of value in the app at this point or encrypted the meaningful data in such a way that it is nearly impossible to access it? If he couldn’t be sure about it he wouldn’t have released the app for preload.

I wouldn't think the Halo devs would include story spoilers in a multiplayer demo but they did.

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
One thing i find interesting is that alot of people refuse to believe what is happening, and justify it as one big troll against fans. I don’t think Norman Reedus is trolling Silent Hill fans on purpose.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
One thing i find interesting is that alot of people refuse to believe what is happening, and justify it as one big troll against fans. I don’t think Norman Reedus is trolling Silent Hill fans on purpose.
what? I am the other way around. I thought it was SH or MGS but now I am 99% thinking it will be some asset flip unity game

fragganaut

I believe that one of the Trailers would be from a MGS project done by Blue Point and one or two additional Trailer for projects with either Kojima, Neil Druckman, del Torro or Cory Barlog as Creative Director.

#dreambig

what? I am the other way around. I thought it was SH or MGS but now I am 99% thinking it will be some asset flip unity game
How come? Do you think Hasan is a good friend of Reedus and kindly asked him to troll the people? Additionally do you think that Sony and Kojima productions sees the whole mess but decide to say nothing? Instead Hasan is considered a VIP by Sony and have them on speed dial so he can stop the app from releasing within 1 day?

baphomet

Well he has nothing to do with Hasan or BlueBox. What he's doing is completely unrelated to this.

What are you guys going to change the narrative to when there is no Sony event? Because again, nothing was pushed back.

Last edited:
Know that it seems MGS could be also part of it, the comment from Geoff makes much more sense where he said „Hasan kept me waiting“. I mean it’s clear that Geoff knew what is up. Team fake still believes Hasan just ignored him and didn’t send him the promised photos, but let’s be honest an indie who wants the promote his game would never have ignored Geoff. I also heard Team fake arguing that Hasan perhaps doesn’t know enough about Geoff, but that doesn’t seem believable either considering how much Hasan seems to know about the Sony Infrastructure and how to make the best of the advertising possibilities in the PSN.

Kdad

Sounds plausible. You don’t want to give your IP to a nameless company such as Sony, but if a world famous developer like Hasan and his highly skilled stealth team with such game of the year contenders like the Haunting comes around, you just don’t easily say „no“.
You laugh but it is Konami making the decision here...

*Fuck Konami

**HK is CGI

#TeamReal

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
What delayed Sony event? People keep expecting a Sony event but they themselves haven’t mentioned squat.

Top Bottom