• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Coming up on just a scant couple of days until some supposed info on what this actually is.

I admit the coincidences are numerous, but I don't know. I feel this is being set up to he another "jebaited" moment where, at the last minute, something will change and the "app" will be pushed back; localization issues or some such nonsense again.

The charade cannot continue much longer. If it is a big ARG, it needs to end soon. If it's some POS Indie game, he deserves to get shat on for keeping it going.
This is not an ARG, that’s abundantly clear at this point. If it was, we’d be getting regular things happening, interesting things happening, new events, cool things. Instead, we’re getting nothing other than Hasan rambling about the trees he bought from the Unreal store, and delays. There is negative hype at the moment, no one cares about abandoned other than about 4 people on here.
i want download numbers for this app. I bet it’s almost zero.

Coming up on just a scant couple of days until some supposed info on what this actually is.

I admit the coincidences are numerous, but I don't know. I feel this is being set up to he another "jebaited" moment where, at the last minute, something will change and the "app" will be pushed back; localization issues or some such nonsense again.

The charade cannot continue much longer. If it is a big ARG, it needs to end soon. If it's some POS Indie game, he deserves to get shat on for keeping it going.

it'll go ahead on tuesday. tuesday is sony announcement day so we will get something. im hoping all these rumours can finally come to an end. no more teasing please!

It’s also clear that Hasan has no team, otherwise he would have sent the promised photos a long time ago.
And who here really believes Hasan has the skills to not only a game but an app at the same time. Sure, Team fake will argue again that there is no app and it will get delayed again or the app and game are super bad, but then again what is the endgame of Hasan, People will see the App and trailers and will not buy the game, because as I already said you can make a fake with decent graphics look good in a trailer but not a pile of dog shit. There is clearly something bigger at play here and I just hope that this ARG is ending soon so that team fake finally see the truth.

170 pages in gaf say otherwise...
There are people who think Trump won, that the earth is flat, covid 19 doesn’t exist. A bunch of people clinging to madness doesn’t make it real.
Explain to me the “game” part of the ARG here. What is the game part of this, when there has been basically nothing whatsoever going on, no new events, no new websites or videos, no trails to follow…

Last edited:
There are people who think Trump won, that the earth is flat, covid 19 doesn’t exist. A bunch of people clinging to madness doesn’t make it real.
Explain to me the “game” part of the ARG here. What is the game part of this, when there has been basically nothing whatsoever going on, no new events, no new websites or videos, no trails to follow…
There are even a group of people here who believe sony would allow an indie who is peddeling shit to have an App on their system to advertise a game which is also shit while other indies are complaining that Sony doesn't provide them with advertising.

Kind of funny that there is a place for you in that conspiracy list above...

There are even a group of people here who believe sony would allow an indie who is peddeling shit to have an App on their system to advertise a game which is also shit while other indies are complaining that Sony doesn't provide them with advertising.

Kind of funny that there is a place for you in that conspiracy list above...
Take a look at recent releases on psn. There is loads of shit on there. Sony let’s you put shit on there, that’s a fact.
Someone explain the game part of the supposed ARG.

Last edited:
Take a look at recent releases on psn. There is loads of shit on there. Sony let’s you put shit on there, that’s a fact.
How many of those were highlighted by Sony and/or given their own app before any footage of a game has been shown ?

Sony has their butts clenched so tight they will never allow a nobody to have an app which will showcase an unseen PS5 game during a game drout and push it to all their userbase .

Last edited:
How many of those were highlighted by Sony and/or given their own app before any footage of a game has been shown ?
There’s a bunch I found a while ago that were on ps blog, horror games, that never even saw release. This, for example:

the app is not Sony, it is Blue Box’s idea. They’re making it to promote their title, that’s it. Other people could do the same if they want, but the truth is, no one wants to download a bunch of separate apps to watch a trailer that has haptics along with it, the money is better spent marketing in other ways, just putting up a gameplay trailer.
Do you really want a million separate trailer apps? No. You do not. We have YouTube and other video hosting sites. If it’s interactive? Release a demo.

Last edited:
That game was a Multiplat (not a PS4/ PS5 exclusive) there was also a trailer of the game

This truly is an indie studio and they have stated that the game is still in development and that they have a very small team. They did release a VR version in 2017 on Steam.

Bluebox says it has over 50 People working on their game, thats not exactly an indie studio and sony does not approve anything sight unseen.

That game was a Multiplat (not a PS4/ PS5 exclusive) there was also a trailer of the game

This truly is an indie studio and they have stated that the game is still in development and that they have a very small team. They did release a VR version in 2017 on Steam.

Bluebox says it has over 50 People working on their game, thats not exactly an indie studio and sony does not approve anything sight unseen.

There was a trailer. Hasan has now said it’s not the game, but there was absolutely a trailer, the terrible forest one with the lame voice over. He explained how he bought a bunch of trees from the asset store for it recently. Q42021 release date lol.

Hasan said he had loads of people working on his previous games as well. Time will tell!

Last edited:
There was a trailer. Hasan has now said it’s not the game, but there was absolutely a trailer, the terrible forest one with the lame voice over. He explained how he bought a bunch of trees from the asset store for it recently. Q42021 release date lol.

Hasan said he had loads of people working on his previous games as well. Time will tell!

They already said that this has NOTHING to do with the actual game. This was not footage from the game

They already said that this has NOTHING to do with the actual game. This was not footage from the game
So what is it if it is not a trailer? What is the game then? Why the q4 2021 release date on there? Gameplay reveal soon? This is what Sony was promoting on their blog, this is what Hasan showed to them to get the blog post spot.

Last edited:
You FINALLY get it ... Sony wouldn't allow this unless they were in on it.
That’s where we disagree. Sony doesn’t care if Blue Box makes fools of themselves.

you think this is all a conspiracy to show a piece of shit and then reveal it to be a masterpiece made by a gaming great.
I think this is Life of Black Tiger 2.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

Exactly... ARG's are about having some mysterious strange riddle people find/are directed towards, and a series of riddles to solve.

This one is just.. a shitty indie dev, who blatantly has references PT/Silent Hills a couple times across 6 years lol

Oh and then when MGS gets thrown around as part of the conspiracy theory he.. again, blatantly puts a blurred kinda MGS-character looking face in his dumb game demo (not really an app, just an unplayable demo.)

If it's an ARG, it's an ARG for toddlers. The "game" being things like.. "fill in the blanks 'S____ _____L'" durrrrr...

tmlDan

That’s where we disagree. Sony doesn’t care if Blue Box makes fools of themselves.

you think this is all a conspiracy to show a piece of shit and then reveal it to be a masterpiece made by a gaming great.
I think this is Life of Black Tiger 2.
so why is sony and all employees (Shuhei) avoiding saying anything about it when asked?

Please explain that, because it makes no sense unless you're in denial.

so why is sony and all employees (Shuhei) avoiding saying anything about it when asked?

Please explain that, because it makes no sense unless you're in denial.
It does make sense - because they have better things to do? What do you want them to do?

It’s Hasan’s hole and shovel, not Sony and Shuhei’s. They don’t know wtf Hasan is doing, and they’re professionals, so they’ll just let him get on with digging the hole he’s digging.

Behind the scenes they may have said something which might be why we have the disclaimers from Hasan that he’s not Kojima and has nothing to do with Konami, but we don’t know and we won’t know.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Why should Sony say anything? They gave him some advertisement space on the PS Blog, the rest was done by his own twitter and fans coming up with conspiracies. Sony is not going to react on every single indie developer working with their program, and also not on every conspiracy. They have other things to do.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Although they didn't themselves any favor when they said that Japan Studios is working on the Silent Hill game, but then Japan Studios was later closed by Sony. If that rumor was/is true, then this could be one of those games.
They became Bokeh Game Studios who in a recent interview said they’re collaborating with a famous creative on their next horror game.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
So what is it if it is not a trailer? What is the game then? Why the q4 2021 release date on there? Gameplay reveal soon? This is what Sony was promoting on their blog, this is what Hasan showed to them to get the blog post spot.
Part of the ARG, you’re meant to look for clues and piece together the information. You’re not seeing it because you don’t want too.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Why should Sony say anything? They gave him some advertisement space on the PS Blog, the rest was done by his own twitter and fans coming up with conspiracies. Sony is not going to react on every single indie developer working with their program, and also not on every conspiracy. They have other things to do.
Shu talks about indies, he’s deliberately avoiding this one because it’s not indie. It’s only one small piece of a much larger puzzle.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Shu talks about indies, he’s deliberately avoiding this one because it’s not indie. It’s only one small piece of a much larger puzzle.
You talk like it's a fact.
He is not talking about every indie. I've not seen him talking about life of a black tiger

SkylineRKR

The reality is that there is nothing to show yet. Perhaps if the app gets a trailer, Shu will talk about it. For now its still nothing.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
If this is real, Kojima has done a hell of a lot better job than he did for MGS V, nobody was fooled last time.

Now we even have teams and everything. I think it's real.
From the very first trailer/blog post it was thought to be Kojima related, I wonder if it were an internal tip or not that got the ball rolling.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Can’t wait to see that Bluebox logo transform in to this
kojimap-productions-kojima-ludens.gif

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I've convinced myself this is Blue Points next game and it's tied to them becoming officially owned by Sony.
That’s what I like about this, is that it could equally be something like that. I’m not 100% convinced it’s Kojima either, but this Indie Dev convincing Sony to big them up on PlayStation Blog and this “app” the community is 50/50 split on it, something doesn’t feel right, unless it’s something special I do not believe it but I am fascinated by it either way.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Interview translation from reddit

We were able to interview director Hassan Kahraman, whose game, which was announced last April, caused a sensation, Abandoned.

Through this interview, it became clear to us that this project is indeed an interesting project, in terms of technical aspects, according to the Developer and Head of BlueBox Games Studio.

We will quote interesting excerpts from our interview with Hassan Kahraman.

Tell us about the beginning of your dealings with Sony PlayStation and the past of the Blue Box studio?

Hassan: In the past we've been working on smaller games, and we've done some outside help as well ("sourcing from other studios"). And in 2015, we worked on Rewind: Voices From The Past which was exclusive to PS4 and also targeted at PC and we pitched the project to Sony and then started working with them. The project was canceled a year later. This is how we partnered with Sony.

Why did you choose the program method and the real-life experience instead of the regular trailer?

Hassan: As an indie game developer, you have a fixed budget, so you can't spend a lot of money on a trailer. So I decided to do the Realtime Experience; an app that works on PS5 so people can experience the real-time graphics as well as the technical side of it. Like 4K 60fps resolution. They will get to know what the game looks like and how it looks better.

Did the rumors that Hideo Kojima have an affair with the game, or that Abandoned is the upcoming Silent Hill, put any pressure on the studio?

Hassan: You have no idea, it was really crazy and had a negative effect even on the development process with a lot of distractions, but I'm sure people will really like Abandoned, we believe in the game, and I still think people will like it.

What is the way to play Abandoned? Is it a shooting game or a horror game?

Hassan: Abandoned is a first-person shooter, but in a realistic environment with some horror elements as well, but it's not quite a horror game like Resident Evil or Silent hill but there are horrifying scenes in it.

The game has Realistic Game Interactions, and this is a system that we created ourselves, which is basically the way you interact with other characters and the world looks very realistic. And we've created an advanced Motion Capture system.

The way you shoot is different and not like Call Of Duty, it's realistically slow. For example, there is no HUD, but there are movements of the character through which she can communicate with the player. So if you want to check your ammo, you have to do a manual ammo check.

And if your weapon is empty, you'll feel it through the Haptic Feedback and hear the sound of metal through the Playstation 5 Daulsense controller.

What can you tell us as an exclusive news about the game?

Hassan: I can't reveal much about the game, but I can say that it takes place in a deserted place in America and that place

Long live a community - a sect. This is the summary of our interview with Hassan, and in fact the topic of the game is interesting, and we hope that rumors and pressure will not affect the final game!

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
what kind of mutha fucking interview is that? a 30 secs interview?
Exactly, and did Schreier not spend an hour with him or something and it was just like, yeah he’s making a game. Where are his team, is there any artwork? Jason Longfield is the protagonist, get outta here 😂

killatopak

The way you shoot is different and not like Call Of Duty, it's realistically slow. For example, there is no HUD, but there are movements of the character through which she can communicate with the player. So if you want to check your ammo, you have to do a manual ammo check.
She? I thought the protagonist was a guy. I mean, I’m fine with Heather being the protagonist instead of Henry.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
The only thing that doesn’t let me completely write this off as fake is the fact sony are allowing this app in the App Store for one. And the fact they have been silent for months on big AAA games
It's just a game demo of sorts; people keep getting hung up on "App."

The whole thing does not make sense, I mean Sony was impressed with a pile of shit in 2015, which was cancelled a year later?

Advanced Motion Capturing technology? There are not a lot of indies who can even use normal motion capturing… Did Sony feel generous and give them access to motion cap technology?

Then there is the fact that the interview got filmed but then suddenly delayed.Afterwards in the podcast the guy who did the interview was suddenly very secretive and avoided answering any question and in te end we only get this interview which was clearly edited.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The whole thing does not make sense, I mean Sony was impressed with a pile of shit in 2015, which was cancelled a year later?

Advanced Motion Capturing technology? There are not a lot of indies who can even use normal motion capturing… Did Sony feel generous and give them access to motion cap technology?

Then there is the fact that the interview got filmed but then suddenly delayed.Afterwards in the podcast the guy who did the interview was suddenly very secretive and avoided answering any question and in te end we only get this interview which was clearly edited.
Technically kojima is an indie too. What is and it's not indie is great area

Why did you choose the program method and the real-life experience instead of the regular trailer?

Hassan: As an indie game developer, you have a fixed budget, so you can't spend a lot of money on a trailer. So I decided to do the Realtime Experience; an app that works on PS5 so people can experience the real-time graphics as well as the technical side of it. Like 4K 60fps resolution. They will get to know what the game looks like and how it looks better.

LOL. Okay, the bolded from Hasan’s answer now doesn’t make any logical sense, surely a trailer is cheaper or near enough free to make, you’re using your own game footage and compiling gameplay to create a trailer.

On the other hand the ‘real time experience app’ would cost more to develop and implement, and also localise in 9 different languages for an ‘indie’ on a ‘fixed budget

Last edited:
So to recap the interview situation for people who didn’t follow it.

- Al Hub podcast is announcing a big interview with Hasan about Abandoned. There was even a photo of the setup with Hasan on a screen, so surely it was supposed to be a video interview.

- Interview suddenly gets delayed for unexplained reasons.

- During a Al Hub podcast they ask the person who did the interview and press him for answers. However he is avoiding any answers and seems unsure about the whole situation himself.

- We finally get the interview, but only in written form which make it seems like the interview first needed to be approved by someone and was probably even edited in some form.

So yes Team fake, nothing strange about this whole thing and completely normal.

Top Bottom