• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Interfectum

Posted?

Boo-hoo... they brought this shit on themselves and this game has gotten far, far more press than it deserved for their shenanigans. If anything they should be grateful for their 30 seconds of fame for their throwaway indie game.

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
Boo-hoo... they brought this shit on themselves and this game has gotten far, far more press than it deserved for their shenanigans. If anything they should be grateful for their 30 seconds of fame for their throwaway indie game.
Damage control for shitty trailer happening already. We’ll be here with love for all of you flat-earthers!

Surprise.gif

Interfectum

At least he’s honest about the asset flip.
He showed a trailer full of trees. But yeah, at least he came clean.

I don't think people realize how easy it is to get a game up and running that looks like Abandoned on UE or Unity. There are ready-made first person shooter cameras / modules to download, 3D assets and auto creation assets you can get and have something up and running in literally an evening.

Dabaus

Banned
True. For all we know, BP could be working on something else entirely.

Interestingly, KatharsisT initially started this rumor a LONG time ago that Sony has secured two Konami IPs to make PS5 exclusive games: Silent Hill and Metal Gear. It was long before when Abandoned was even a thing.

Although they didn't themselves any favor when they said that Japan Studios is working on the Silent Hill game, but then Japan Studios was later closed by Sony. If that rumor was/is true, then this could be one of those games.
There was a 4chan post before that saying sony was negotiating to use the MGS, Silent Hill, and Castlevania IPs. After that is when that one twitter user who leaked RE8 and Katharis T talked about silent hill.

MastaKiiLA

"We received several emails regarding the Hideo Kojima rumor. We have no association with Hideo Kojima nor do we claim to have any association nor was it our intention to claim such a statement. We are a small group of developers working on a passionate title we wanted to work on for a long time. We have been assisting other studios in the past with their projects and we wanted to work on our very first big project. While it is true that we've been working on small projects in the past, we certainly didn't use that for marketing purposes. We hope this has clarified this matter and hope to see you all in our very first gameplay reveal of Abandoned.

- The Team @Blue BOX Game Studios"

Posted immediately after the, now-deleted, S_______L tweet. Seems more like being as blunt as possible, but people still thinking they're in some non existent ARG.

gallery_5_6_70773.gif

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
From the interview:

Did the rumors that Hideo Kojima have an affair with the game, or that Abandoned is the upcoming Silent Hill, put any pressure on the studio?

Hassan: You have no idea, it was really crazy and had a negative effect even on the development process with a lot of distractions, but I'm sure people will really like Abandoned, we believe in the game, and I still think people will like it

MFer gonna complain after playing with fire? One thing is very clear for both teams, Hassan was intentionally trying to hype the Silent Hill community with that removed tweet.

"We received several emails regarding the Hideo Kojima rumor. We have no association with Hideo Kojima nor do we claim to have any association nor was it our intention to claim such a statement. We are a small group of developers working on a passionate title we wanted to work on for a long time. We have been assisting other studios in the past with their projects and we wanted to work on our very first big project. While it is true that we've been working on small projects in the past, we certainly didn't use that for marketing purposes. We hope this has clarified this matter and hope to see you all in our very first gameplay reveal of Abandoned.

- The Team @Blue BOX Game Studios"

Posted immediately after the, now-deleted, S_______L tweet. Seems more like being as blunt as possible, but people still thinking they're in some non existent ARG.

what about the eye patch and the blurred text than? seems abit too much of a coincidence dont you think? from that al hub interview it seems like the charcater in this game is a female? so who's the guy in the eye patch?

Last edited:

djkimothy

Honestly, the one thing that arouses suspicion for me is the Nuare studio episode. Look at their portfolio, no indie studio can afford their services and apparently there are 6 other outfits helping in this production. Not to mention their purge of twitter following the day before they posted their video message.

I don’t know what this is, but is has got to be more than just an asset flip grifter.

baphomet

what about the eye patch and the blurred text than? seems abit too much of a coincidence dont you think? from that al hub interview it seems like the charcater in this game is a female? so who's the guy in the eye patch?

He's already said who the guy with the eye patch is. The thought that a character with an eye patch automatically means Metal Gear Solid is so fucking laughable. Blurred text? It could say literally anything. It's not some secret clue about it being Silent Hill.

He's already said who the guy with the eye patch is. The thought that a character with an eye patch automatically means Metal Gear Solid is so fucking laughable. Blurred text? It could say literally anything. It's not some secret clue about it being Silent Hill.

thats the thing though. this guy has said alot of shit that just doesnt add up. thats why theres so much speculation. if it was so clear there wouldnt be any. this could have been cleared up so easily ages ago but nobody is saying shit! konami aint saying shit. sony aint saying shit. kojima aint saying shit! all we have is this hasan kahraman guy saying all sorts of nonsense.

Haha did he say who that was? I missed that. Who was it?

baphomet

Haha did he say who that was? I missed that. Who was it?

It's the "bad guy" 😂

thats the thing though. this guy has said alot of shit that just doesnt add up. thats why theres so much speculation. if it was so clear there wouldnt be any. this could have been cleared up so easily ages ago but nobody is saying shit! konami aint saying shit. sony aint saying shit. kojima aint saying shit! all we have is this hasan kahraman guy saying all sorts of nonsense.

Konami, Sony, and Kojima all have infinitely more important things to do than comment on some nobody indie dev. Aside from likely being contacted and told to make it clear he wasn't involved with Konami, Kojima, and Silent Hill.

It's crystal clear this is nothing. I feel bad for those who don't have the mental faculty to be able to tell immediately.

Konami, Sony, and Kojima all have infinitely more important things to do than comment on some nobody indie dev. Aside from likely being contacted and told to make it clear he wasn't involved with Konami, Kojima, and Silent Hill.

It's crystal clear this is nothing. I feel bad for those who don't have the mental faculty to be able to tell immediately.

its crystal clear but we have a 172 page thread on it? even an announcement of microsoft aquiring sony wouldnt manage that many pages. this hasan guy is a fucking genius.

Last edited:
On the eve of the reveal, I want someone to take on the 500 buck bet. It’d make things so much more dramatic. Come on, team real, step up! Show how much you believe!

Last edited:
Top Bottom