• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SJRB

Gold Member
Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

Actual game footage:

PPKmsxG.gif

bitbydeath

Gold Member
What evidence? Isn't Abandoned slated for Q4 2021? Then it cannot be a Kojima title, just look at how he had various potential deals with publishers for his next game(s) fall apart during the first half of 2020, plus the fact that during this time Kojima Productions has also been working on the Death Stranding Director's Cut as well as on pre-production for the studio's next major project, and on top of all that you have the reports by VentureBeat about how the man has been having conversations with Microsoft for the better part of this year in regards to a cloud-based game project.

How could Abandoned fit in there? There's just no way.

And regarding Silent Hill, well, I'm in touch with multiple people who are in the know about what has been going with the IP for the last couple of years, and I can assure you that none of the upcoming SH games is related to Abandoned; and neither is Bluepoint Games btw.
The rumours suggest that Kojima is overseeing the projects.

Silent Hill is likely being developed by Bokeh Game Studios, formerly Sony Japan.
They have announced they are creating a horror title with a famous creative, and previous rumours had Silent Hill being developed in Sony Japan.

MGS is likely being developed by BluePoint, again as per previous rumours.

Castlevania may also be in the mix, (as per previous rumours) although I’m not sure who would be developing it.

The rumours suggest that Kojima is overseeing the projects.

Silent Hill is likely being developed by Bokeh Game Studios, formerly Sony Japan.
They have announced they are creating a horror title with a famous creative, and previous rumours had Silent Hill being developed in Sony Japan.

MGS is likely being developed by BluePoint, again as per previous rumours.

Castlevania may also be in the mix, (as per previous rumours) although I’m not sure who would be developing it.
I love how this is now Castlevania, Silent Hill, and Metal Gear Solid. Let's add some more! It's also Zone of the Enders 3, and a new Policenauts, and Snatcher 2. It's also the secret launching place of a new Guillermo Del Toro horror film, only available via Hasan Kahraman's Abandoned App.
The first 200 downloads get a Norman Reedus dick pic.
Man, what a genius Kojima is.
A new riddle has appeared by the genius Hasan: Y_U'RE GUL_LIBLE

What could it be???

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I love how this is now Castlevania, Silent Hill, and Metal Gear Solid. Let's add some more! It's also Zone of the Enders 3, and a new Policenauts, and Snatcher 2. It's also the secret launching place of a new Guillermo Del Toro horror film, only available via Hasan Kahraman's Abandoned App.
Man, what a genius Kojima is.
Has been for a while now.

Castlevania is rumoured to be made in Bloodborne’s image.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
This is what I said too a few pages back. A PS Experience app. But people still tell me its fake so...
Will be fun at 21 🙂

And it would make perfect sense..

I can't help but think Sony bought Blue Box, just to make their own ARG and hired Hasan to do a little "promotion" (and the Nuare guy with the odd handgesture - looked like a rabbit btw). I also think Hideo Kojima is in on it - but so is BluePoint and Konami.
The whole "experience" thing with this app, could be a teaser for the Playstation Experience Event (August 12th). Hasan said multiple trailers in real-time will be coming to the app - I think it will be multiple trailers for different games - like Silent Hill, Metal Gear and Castlevania, just to name a few.

I can't help but think Sony bought Blue Box, just to make their own ARG and hired Hasan to do a little "promotion" (and the Nuare guy with the odd handgesture - looked like a rabbit btw). I also think Hideo Kojima is in on it - but so is BluePoint and Konami.
The whole "experience" thing with this app, could be a teaser for the Playstation Experience Event (August 12th). Hasan said multiple trailers in real-time will be coming to the app - I think it will be multiple trailers for different games - like Silent Hill, Metal Gear and Castlevania, just to name a few.
Just to name a few...
This place is a madhouse.

Inviusx

I can imagine the app is for future trailers but I also said that I think it will be also used for the Sony events since it’s description even included „future live events“. I think it is totally possible that there will be a very short cryptic teaser with a text at the end that reads: more info in the Sony event on August 19th. Watch it via the app…

I'm not expecting much info from the surface level app. What im counting on is data miners to blow the gates off this whole ruse cruise.

Last edited:

Perrott

Has been for a while now.

Castlevania is rumoured to be made in Bloodborne’s image.

While those reports on the Konami stuff are false, Castlevania is definitely coming back although not through Sony apparently. SH (the soft-reboot) is not being finished by Bokeh btw.
He said on Twitter a long time ago it was now 2022.
Oh, cool. Thanks for the info.

Regardless of the theories, I have to say that I'm very excited for today's reveal as the realistic approach to survival within an horror setting described in the PS Blog post from April left me really intrigued about what Abandoned is attempting to do gameplay wise.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
No offence to Hasan if this is some game about being chased by a cult through the woods but that games already been made multiple times. This looks no better than RE8 really if this is genuinely some first person survival horror. Hope it really is not that but time will tell.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
While those reports on the Konami stuff are false, Castlevania is definitely coming back although not through Sony apparently. SH (the soft-reboot) is not being finished by Bokeh btw.

Oh, cool. Thanks for the info.

Regardless of the theories, I have to say that I'm very excited for today's reveal as the realistic approach to survival within an horror setting described in the PS Blog post from April left me really intrigued about what Abandoned is attempting to do gameplay wise.
Bokeh aren’t just finishing SH, they started it. Bokeh is made up of Silent Hill devs. FYI

The PS Blog stuff was all confirmed fake.
The latest description for Abandoned is this.

jjr1r23827g71.png

Perrott

Bokeh aren’t just finishing SH, they started it. Bokeh is made up of Silent Hill devs. FYI
No, I have on pretty good authority that Silent Hill is not being done by Bokeh. Toyama did work on the game while at Sony Japan tho; it was started there and meant to be released within the PS5 launch window, before the shutdown of the studio, but then Covid happened and completely ruined the schedule, so the game had to be moved somewhere else.
The PS Blog stuff was all confirmed fake.
The latest description for Abandoned is this.
Really? Damn, that's very unfortunate. I was excited for that :(

Hopefully the real Abandoned is just as interesting as the fake PS Blog description.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
No, I have on pretty good authority that Silent Hill is not being done by Bokeh. Toyama did work on the game while at Sony Japan tho; it was started there and meant to be released within the PS5 launch window, before the shutdown of the studio, but then Covid happened and completely ruined the schedule, so the game had to be moved somewhere else.
OK, will have to wait and see.

Dolodolo

Really? Damn, that's very unfortunate. I was excited for that :(

Hopefully the real Abandoned is just as interesting as the fake PS Blog description.
Maybe it's enough to say that you have some information?
If you had them, you could easily pass the verification with the moderators.
And so, you just know all the rumors about Silent Hill that have been circulating for two years. And you also read KhatarsisT with Resetera, which by the way has already stopped talking, because her information is apparently incorrect

b6a6es

Banned
interesting, could you please tell us what went wrong at Japan Studio that caused it’s demise i know it’s been unprofitable since…… pretty much the beginning, but why now all of a sudden ?

Edit: i was asleep while writing this 😂

Last edited:

Pantz

If it's based on a real abandoned place in the US, how about North Brother Island? Just last minute guessing.

nN6yhy1.jpg
0kfGyHc.jpg

KQMRQGe.jpg

The cult part would have to be fictional but it looks similar to the trailer. Abandoned hospitals, buildings made of bricks, skinny trees in the winter. Seems like it would be a pretty spooky place for a game.

Perrott

Maybe it's enough to say that you have some information?
If you had them, you could easily pass the verification with the moderators.
The information comes from various conversations with other people, which means that I don't have any receipts myself to verify this with the mods, so take it with grain of salt if you want, but for what it's worth all of this comes from people with proven track records who I trust 100%. And by the way, KatharsisT's info was legit at the time, only thing she was unlucky with were the reveal windows for the project, which can be tricky (like, for instance, the PlayStation showcase we are all waiting for has been pushed back like at least two times already) as plans are always changing. Think of what happened to Silent Hill as something akin to the Elden Ring situation: From's game was supposed show up again in spring of last year with a target release window of holidays 2020 but in the end it will end up releasing more than a year later than expected due to the impact Covid had in the Japanese game development industry. Similar things happened to Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy XVI and pretty much any other major Japanese title you can think of that was caught in the Covid shit storm.
interesting, could you please tell us what went wrong at Japan Studio that caused its i know it’s been unprofitable since…… pretty much demise the beginning, but why now all of a sudden ?
I'd assume that it were the management shifts over at PlayStation Worldwide Studios in 2019 that got Japan Studio's manager Allan Becker replaced with Nicolas Doucet in early 2020 with the goal to get everything that was planned for FY21 out of the door before they shutdown the studio at the end of the fiscal year.

Last edited:

Badlucktroll

Gold Member

GuinGuin

Banned
Given the size of the install the trailer is probably already part of the app. Amazing someone hasn't data mined it yet.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Got my abandoned app ready to go. “Experience a cinematic story in realistic gameplay” WTF does that even mean 😂

This thing is so strange. What is the point of this app. Honestly should have just given us a demo. Just rewatched the trailer again and how anyone in the 1.4m people who have watched it does not believe something is off with this is beyond me. Either these guys have conned Sony or this is something else. 7 hours!

OrionNebula

Ffs this is the longest 7 hours ever
Let’s be honest here…
high quality GIF

Got my abandoned app ready to go. “Experience a cinematic story in realistic gameplay” WTF does that even mean 😂

This thing is so strange. What is the point of this app. Honestly should have just given us a demo. Just rewatched the trailer again and how anyone in the 1.4m people who have watched it does not believe something is off with this is beyond me. Either these guys have conned Sony or this is something else. 7 hours!
What you see is what you play :
qdakusU.jpg

Top Bottom