• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has anyone seen a video of Hasan against a non plain background?
Never, I am not that crazy to think that he is not real, but if he would be a video game developer, I would expect him to show more often his face and also film himself with his studio in the background or at least show his desk.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Big if true.

It is true. Exactly how I searched through both Kojimas Twitter profiles.

Jesus Christ all the P.T retweets Kojima is making right now!

I've searched through all his tweets/retweets from 2015-2020 (August 12th) and he has never tweeted/retweeted anything P.T related in those years, from both his profiles.

Now, if Team Fake thinks this is just another coincidence....

damon salvatore joker GIF

Retweets as of now:

GHG

Gold Member
Never, I am not that crazy to think that he is not real, but if he would be a video game developer, I would expect him to show more often his face and also film himself with his studio in the background or at least show his desk.

He also has absolutely no online presence to speak of.

We have one picture if him (my avatar) and all of the videos he's done are on plain backgrounds.

Plenty of reason to remain sceptical.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
He for sure is a real person, but it's unreal no one has any info on him. The trail stops with Blue Box Games. Now let's be real - if anyone of us, used our real name here on Gaf - it would take us 2 minutes to find out where we are surfing the net - who our friends are and what we've been doing for the past 20 years.

Hasan Kahraman is like a ghost.

He for sure is a real person, but it's unreal no one has any info on him. The trail stops with Blue Box Games. Now let's be real - if anyone of us, used our real name here on Gaf - it would take us 2 minutes to find out where we are surfing the net - who our friends are and what we've been doing for the past 20 years.

Hasan Kahraman is like a ghost.
Yes, I think he is real but probably has another real name. Whoever he is is another question, could be an aspiring actor or model but could be even an employee within Sony or Kojima productions.

MastaKiiLA

If we lived in Gotham City we'd have more information on batman than we do on this guy and his "studio".
It's really really strange that there's no trace of another soul that works at the same company. I mean, am I wrong? Did I miss some announcement?

I mean, it could be the work of one man, Hasan, similar to how FYQD is a one-man studio making Bright Memory. However, while the creator of that game always refers to things in the singular (me/I), Hasan always refers to things in plural. As if there's an actual team. Yet, there's neither hide nor hair of anyone else.

Too much weird shit about the whole situation for me to just write it off as a scam. Sony would be well aware of the buzz around this game and app by now, that any scam or false advertising would've been curtailed by now. Instead, he's been allowed to continue and in some cases, double-down. I'm convinced this is a Kojima stunt, just not sure in what capacity.

OrionNebula

If we lived in Gotham City we'd have more information on batman than we do on this guy and his "studio".
Would we, really? Gotham people seem pretty clueless to me on Batman, even after all these years

Can we find a gaffer living in the Netherlands willing to actually go knock on doors and investigate?

SCB3

It's really really strange that there's no trace of another soul that works at the same company. I mean, am I wrong? Did I miss some announcement?

I mean, it could be the work of one man, Hasan, similar to how FYQD is a one-man studio making Bright Memory. However, while the creator of that game always refers to things in the singular (me/I), Hasan always refers to things in plural. As if there's an actual team. Yet, there's neither hide nor hair of anyone else.

Too much weird shit about the whole situation for me to just write it off as a scam. Sony would be well aware of the buzz around this game and app by now, that any scam or false advertising would've been curtailed by now. Instead, he's been allowed to continue and in some cases, double-down. I'm convinced this is a Kojima stunt, just not sure in what capacity.
He claimed to have have over 50 devs or Employees at Blue Box

I think either Kojima was all along behind the company building a fake company with a history for a future ruse, or the story which Hasan said that Sony took attention of them and contacted them are actually true only their intention was different (they saw this untalented developer) and wanted to take over the company.

MastaKiiLA

He claimed to have have over 50 devs or Employees at Blue Box
Interesting. Average coder makes 43k euros per year. Even if we take just the average Dutch salary of 36.5k per year, that's $1.8M euros per year in salary alone, not counting infrastructure. Where would he get that kind of money? That was one hell of a successful Kickstarter, if he raised so little, but got venture capital of that amount. Yeah...this feels like a front for something bigger.

Interesting. Average coder makes 43k euros per year. Even if we take just the average Dutch salary of 36.5k per year, that's $1.8M euros per year in salary alone, not counting infrastructure. Where would he get that kind of money? That was one hell of a successful Kickstarter, if he raised so little, but got venture capital of that amount. Yeah...this feels like a front for something bigger.
He said the same thing back in 2015 or whatever, that he's got a huge staff. He keeps saying things, and he keeps promising a playable trailer, and then he has technical problems, and it disappears never to be released.
He does not have a huge staff.

K2D

Banned
Nothing better to do just in this moment so I searched for an english translations of the lyrics. Enjoy! 🌸

You're More Beautiful Than A Rose​

Out of breath, a hand pressed against your chest
"It's been a while", you laugh
Silly girl, in such a hurry
Even sweating a little

I don't know why but today, I've got to have you
It's like meeting a different girl
Shedding a veil of shadow off your body
And on your lips, a hint of color

Spreading the invisible wings
You sure have changed
As you walk, as you dance
Fooling around, teasing me
More beautiful than a rose
Ah, you have changed!

The mind doesn't know
Enough to call them "Days of love"
I was always so hungry for an embrace
Even forgetting to stop and just gaze at you

Now I'll just chase the wind, laughing
And go wherever you're taking me
When a deceiving man gets deceived
Only then, he comes to understand a woman

Spreading those invisible wings
Silently, you've changed
As you run, as you laugh
Dreaming, making love
Ah, you have changed!

As you walk, as you dance
Fooling around, teasing me
Ah, you have changed!

MastaKiiLA

He said the same thing back in 2015 or whatever, that he's got a huge staff. He keeps saying things, and he keeps promising a playable trailer, and then he has technical problems, and it disappears never to be released.
He does not have a huge staff.
You might never have had to troubleshoot an issue. Technical problems happen to teams big and small. It's part of software coding. We don't know how the app works, so the issue it has run into might well be one that wasn't not forseen in any of the documentation available. MS and Google employ thousands of people, but both have released products with bugs that don't get fixed for months, if ever. It's hardly evidence of anything.

To me, the amount of time it's taking to fix is very well supported by what we know. They published the app. Over a long enough timeline, even a single person can thoroughly QA an app. So it stands to reason that whatever bug they're currently fixing now,didn't manifest itself when they were testing it locally. That means that by nature, it will be more difficult to fix than something that was easy to replicate on local machines. My guess is it might be network-related, as the app will be seeing timed releases. Just a random guess though.

I should note that when I say running locally, I'm also referring to any development servers that might exist. Sony should have dev servers to test networking apps, but anyone with experience knows that dev and prod environments don't always translate 1:1.

Last edited:
You might never have had to troubleshoot an issue. Technical problems happen to teams big and small. It's part of software coding. We don't know how the app works, so the issue it has run into might well be one that wasn't not forseen in any of the documentation available. MS and Google employ thousands of people, but both have released products with bugs that don't get fixed for months, if ever. It's hardly evidence of anything.
I’ve been a dev for over 20 years and am a lead.
If you cannot even release a single working product, including a trailer, in like 6 years, you’re not good at your job.
You cannot seriously be comparing MSs development products with Hasan Kahraman’s turds…

Last edited:

Fushitsusha

Banned
This year. He never used Hasan Kahraman for anything on the web since this year.

(Google search 'name' 'company' 'before:year')

He's a ghost.
Thanks babe.

By the way, can you check the credits of Until Dawn: Rush of Blood and see if you find something suspicious?

Last edited:
Would we, really? Gotham people seem pretty clueless to me on Batman, even after all these years

Can we find a gaffer living in the Netherlands willing to actually go knock on doors and investigate?
No, no, no, no, no....

Do NOT go and actually harass this guy. That's a recipe for disaster.

Let's leave it as fun and games online, which is what this thing really is. Once it starts bleeding in to real life that's a real problem.

I guess you kind of said it as a joke, but someone might take it seriously.

They have but Kojima is far to clever to use something so obvious. It will be related to the clues he gave. We have to get creative if we are going to crack the code in the app.
Yes, their cleverness knows no bounds with deep riddles like “S_____ _____L” and a guy with an eyepatch that looks like snake.
we need to think at the level of a 4 year old to figure this out.

MastaKiiLA

I’ve been a dev for over 20 years and am a lead.
If you cannot even release a single working product, including a trailer, in like 6 years, you’re not good at your job.
You cannot seriously be comparing MSs development products with Hasan Kahraman’s turds…
If you've been a dev for 20 years, and particularly a lead, then you should know that there is no certainty in a product release. This is not supposed to be a video app, but rather in-engine demos ala 3DMark. The innards of the app neither one of us knows, so you're clearly off base by making assumptions about the complexity. We developed a service for our flagship app, that was supposed to connect to the API of a billion-dollar partner. A partner that if I mentioned their names, everyone in this thread would instantly know. On the day of release (just a month ago), all hell broke loose. We were in our virtual war room for half the day. I was on call until 3am, working with the team back stateside. At the end of the day, we ended up rolling back the deployment.

What was the cause? The billion-dollar partner discovered a critical bug in the API that had not been notice by anyone in the almost 2 years of development it had undergone. It took them over a week to remedy the situation, and when they did, and we reconnected the service, another bug cropped up on their end. Shit happens. It's software.

You and I both know that patches exist for a reason. Software breaks. That's the long and the short of it. Almost any code that has to run more than Hello World has bugs in it. Most bugs are not critical, so can continue to exist while the product team works on a fix, or just ignores it forever. If you're really a developer, then you're just being disingenuous in making such an absurd claim. The app doesn't seem to crash (I don't have a PS5, so can't confirm). What I understand is that it just doesn't do what it's intended. So the app is working, just not in full capacity.

Fushitsusha

Banned
Already been done. Nothing of note leaps out afaik.
When did Hermen Hulst get promoted? I feel that guy is overlooked and "Hasan" is potentially someone that joined Guerilla after Bluebox failures. Real name different of course.

Many might ask why would Guerilla would hire someone with that kind of portfolio but that's not the point.

Last edited:

SCB3

To me, the amount of time it's taking to fix is very well supported by what we know. They published the app. Over a long enough timeline, even a single person can thoroughly QA an app. So it stands to reason that whatever bug they're currently fixing now,didn't manifest itself when they were testing it locally. That means that by nature, it will be more difficult to fix than something that was easy to replicate on local machines. My guess is it might be network-related, as the app will be seeing timed releases. Just a random guess though.

I should note that when I say running locally, I'm also referring to any development servers that might exist. Sony should have dev servers to test networking apps, but anyone with experience knows that dev and prod environments don't always translate 1:1.
Can confirm, like 70% of my job is fixing bugs

If you've been a dev for 20 years, and particularly a lead, then you should know that there is no certainty in a product release. This is not supposed to be a video app, but rather in-engine demos ala 3DMark. The innards of the app neither one of us knows, so you're clearly off base by making assumptions about the complexity. We developed a service for our flagship app, that was supposed to connect to the API of a billion-dollar partner. A partner that if I mentioned their names, everyone in this thread would instantly know. On the day of release (just a month ago), all hell broke loose. We were in our virtual war room for half the day. I was on call until 3am, working with the team back stateside. At the end of the day, we ended up rolling back the deployment.

What was the cause? The billion-dollar partner discovered a critical bug in the API that had not been notice by anyone in the almost 2 years of development it had undergone. It took them over a week to remedy the situation, and when they did, and we reconnected the service, another bug cropped up on their end. Shit happens. It's software.

You and I both know that patches exist for a reason. Software breaks. That's the long and the short of it. Almost any code that has to run more than Hello World has bugs in it. Most bugs are not critical, so can continue to exist while the product team works on a fix, or just ignores it forever. If you're really a developer, then you're just being disingenuous in making such an absurd claim. The app doesn't seem to crash (I don't have a PS5, so can't confirm). What I understand is that it just doesn't do what it's intended. So the app is working, just not in full capacity.
1) why even make a dumb app to host in-engine demos? What engine? Why not just post, you know, a demo? It's just a really dumb idea.
2) Hasan has said he's making an in-engine demo a couple of times now, and then never delivered. There's a long history of this.

I do know that patches exist, bugs happen, etc.

I also know that Hasan has a history of lavish claims and technical disasters, and has never delivered on his claims.

Reficul

Just want to say that I'm still all in with TeamReal.
They say that where there's smoke, there's fire. Well in this case there is a goddamn forest fire.

- Ever since I heard that Kahraman equals Hideo I was all in.
- Both has the same initials.
- What indie developer would use time and money to create an app for PSN instead of commiting to developing the actual game?
- The S____ ___L message was an attempt to make it too obvious.
- Blue Box is Bluepoint and the creator of someone who is famous for hiding in boxes.
- Bluepoint has teased that they are working on abandoned Konami IPs.
- The MGS eye patch image points towards Kojima (and Bluepoint by extension).
- Reedus/Kojima twitter hints.
- All the other hints I haven't mentioned.

To sum up, I believe we will end up with either MGS or Silent Hill projects or both.
The Bluepoint aquisition by Sony will also be confirmed.

That's my take on this. If I'm wrong I will continue my life as normal. No harm in having a little hope and fun.

MastaKiiLA

1) why even make a dumb app to host in-engine demos? What engine? Why not just post, you know, a demo? It's just a really dumb idea.
2) Hasan has said he's making an in-engine demo a couple of times now, and then never delivered. There's a long history of this.

I do know that patches exist, bugs happen, etc.

I also know that Hasan has a history of lavish claims and technical disasters, and has never delivered on his claims.
1. Why try anything that's never been done before? Whether or not it's dumb hasn't been determined. So far, there is interest. That's one piece of the puzzle in place.
2. A couple of times does not a long history make. I think you're exaggerating.

Hasan has a minimal history. That's part of the mystery. All will be revealed in due time.

ParaSeoul

This year. He never used Hasan Kahraman for anything on the web since this year.

(Google search 'name' 'company' 'before:year')

He's a ghost.
IDK if I'm gonna regret posting it here but he follows a lady on twitter with the same last name who is also from the Netherlands.

I remember he even said in an interview that he has to post a photo or video of his team as soon as possible.
Then he said later due to current circumstances it’s not a good idea to make a photo with the other members… So I don’t buy it, either it’s really Kojima behind or he is a fraud that works alone, although I don’t know where the money for Nuare is coming from….

Top Bottom