• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bitbydeath

Gold Member
For those doubting the graphics earlier, here's some direct feed.
The textures are crazy, and if you look at the second and third image you can see his jeans actually crease when walking.

abandoned_realtimeexpdik70.jpg

abandoned_realtimeexpntkib.jpg

abandoned_realtimeexperkdq.jpg

abandoned_realtimeexpa9k6s.jpg

This might just end up being the best looking game ever.

Vae_Victis

Banned
This is insane to watch.

As the truth becomes more and more obvious, believers are split in two groups: the most detatched/rational ones, who are not deep enough into the rabbit hole yet, start leaving, and only the most fanatical are left.

Reading the room, as an instinctual response the latter also become more aggressive and boastful, to create a collective wall between themselves and the perceived threat to their belief. You are either with them or you are stupid, secretly scared of the "obvious truth" and not worth even listening to.

As this goes on, the believers will be left few in number but unshakeable in faith, in their bubble of their own creation. They will be trapped in a perennial eco chamber dictated by a sunk cost fallacy that prevents them from even entertaining the possibility of being wrong.

If this were about politics or religion instead of video games, next thing you know in a few years' time we'd read the news of a sect called the "Kojima Truthers" who bombed the Parliament to kill the representatives of the "secret global elite of the Hasanians" (who "want to keep the sheep people shackled by preventing Kojima from rising to his legitimate role of World Emperor"), or alteranetively committed collective suicide on the anniversary of PT's release to let their spirirs be carried on the earthly paradise of Planet Kojima V.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
• More than 7 outsourcing studios are helping on Abandoned game
• The reveal is going to be via an app on ps5
• no indie studio have ever got the balls to do like these moves unless they hiding something that worth the wait!
• Something Better than a P.T

Ok I'm going to say it while I'm not believing in it but those fuckers has something wild back there

ParaSeoul

This is insane to watch.

As the truth becomes more and more obvious, believers are split in two groups: the most detatched/rational ones, who are not deep enough into the rabbit hole yet, start leaving, and only the most fanatical are left.

Reading the room, as an instinctual response the latter also become more aggressive and boastful, to create a collective wall between themselves and the perceived threat to their belief. You are either with them or you are stupid, secretly scared of the "obvious truth" and not worth even listening to.

As this goes on, the believers will be left few in number but unshakeable in faith, in their bubble of their own creation. They will be trapped in a perennial eco chamber dictated by a sunk cost fallacy that prevents them from even entertaining the possibility of being wrong.

If this were about politics or religion instead of video games, next thing you know in a few years' time we'd read the news of a sect called the "Kojima Truthers" who bombed the Parliament to kill the representatives of the "secret global elite of the Hasanians" (who "want to keep the sheep people shackled by preventing Kojima from rising to his legitimate role of World Emperor"), or alteranetively committed collective suicide on the anniversary of PT's release to let their spirirs be carried on the earthly paradise of Planet Kojima V.
Would be funny if Team Fake weren't the aggressive ones....

This is insane to watch.

Someone should be doing studies on this. It’s remarkable.

GinSama

The textures are crazy, and if you look at the second and third image you can see his jeans actually crease when walking.

Now that’s really impressive….

The choice of music is really good…. I mean is like I was trying to focus on the sounds of the character or the surroundings but the music was like playing tricks on my head, I was hearing others sounds because of the music…don’t know how to explain.

SkylineRKR

Guys has this been posted already?
E8smINEWEAMMgPE

EDIT: Oh shit I posted it myself.

Its the same MO each time but I wonder what his play is. Perhaps duping private investors, keeping them on a leash? Or does he profit off government money? I do know gaming startups get funded in this country, because they acknowledge gaming as a huge market nowadays.

Last edited:
This is insane to watch.

its hilarious how you're STILL here whining about how wrong team fake are yet the conclusion hasnt been revealed and you're here writing your 500 word essays just to be a DICK. you really dont have to get involved if you dont believe in this shit and let people discuss their theories (who cares if its nuts? its not fact until proven anyways so calm down!) but you wanna crash the party because you were always bullied at them. this is your fun and its quite sad.

ParaSeoul

Its the same MO each time but I wonder what his play is. Perhaps duping private investors, keeping them on a leash? Or does he profit off government money? I do know gaming startups get funded in this country, because they acknowledge gaming as a huge market nowadays.
If this is the government funding situation,why would the government keep funding some guy whos never released a product? Unless Hasan is somehow much more of a silver tongue in Dutch than he is in English I doubt any private investors would fund it.

Last edited:

Withnail

Not sure about the cost but it does cost them
They also charge for Playstation.blog spotlight like this
This is why people assumed it was connected Playstation.
Either way, Bluebox paid for that and they've paid for other stuff too
But this all to be trending on tweeter?
because they won't get anything else out of this scam
Even the teaser, people are quick to jump on it's fake because the music track is from a band in 2007, yep isn't that what Kojima does these days?
Death Stranding whole sound track was from obscure bands that had released those tracks years before hand.
I just find it shocking that Playstation apparently know nothing about the game
Yet they are not oblivious to it and neither are other people in the game industry.
They're just not saying shit, and that's what's weird.
Not saying it's real, but it is odd and makes zero sense.

If you make your game exclusive to PlayStation you get a blog post or two and featured on PS YouTube channel etc. That's the "payment" that people usually (incorrectly) describe as a moneyhat.

420bits

How is it a scam of they are not taking preorders or KS?

Just because you don't charge consumers for your product doesnt mean its not a scam.

He could get money from investors based on a false promise.
Gain fame and hype over nothing to grow his brand.

And based on his trackrecord... Its a scam.

edit: typo

Last edited:

Withnail

If it takes at least 5 hours for Sony to process a patch and you can't have specific time for it...
Then his promise on Tuesday was not possible. So it was 100% planned

Sony will obviously allow you to embargo release of a game or patch to a specific time.

The patch could have been ready to go on Tuesday but BlueBox Games spotted a graphical issue and pulled it. Sony certification doesn't care about graphical issues, they're just checking that the game has correct controller prompts, things like that.

FrozenFlame

Colin Moriarty raises a valid question.

Team fake, why is this a ps5 exclusive?
I don't get it, how is that relevant? Orphan of the Machine is a Xbox Series exclusive. Doesn't mean it's this ARG for an actual AAA Eco the Dolphin.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
The trailer looks half decent but it looks 'gamey' on a really good floor texture. Similar to how the protag of the Medium looked layered on top of some of the scenes, despite the backgrounds generally being really good.

I'm curious but that trailer makes me believe more it is actually an indie game. It doesn't have the same sort of cohesion and art direction the bigger titles do and that disparity between the environment and character doesn't make me think we're seeing anything amazing.

Don't forget bright memory infinite is a one man team using stock assets:

And that's not even thinking about games like Ethan Carter from last gen which also looked astounding for their time.

ParaSeoul

There's nothing to go off yet.

I think they would be wise to wait until the full trailer is revealed (for whatever it is) before deciding whether it's worth putting together an analysis video for it.
they could probably look at it during their podcast

I just checked and this sketchy marketing campaign started more than two months ago.
I do believe that Abandoned is one of Konami's new Silent Hill projects but I also think that this will game will obviously be w/o Kojima.

GuinGuin

Banned

Definitely not something you would expect from an asset flip...

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
I know the whole outfit piece is kind of a reach since its such a generic outfit

But it does look similar if you really look at it, even the colours

Blue Point SH2 Remaster incoming? :messenger_grimmacing_
Credit: Some reddit thread
xm06enzvk8h71.jpg
Yeah i think it looks like a remaster of SH2. I could see Konami doing it, after the success of the Resident Evil remakes. Make alot of money off fans.

ParaSeoul

The trailer looks half decent but it looks 'gamey' on a really good floor texture. Similar to how the protag of the Medium looked layered on top of some of the scenes, despite the backgrounds generally being really good.

I'm curious but that trailer makes me believe more it is actually an indie game. It doesn't have the same sort of cohesion and art direction the bigger titles do and that disparity between the environment and character doesn't make me think we're seeing anything amazing.

Don't forget bright memory infinite is a one man team using stock assets:

And that's not even thinking about games like Ethan Carter from last gen which also looked astounding for their time.

Both were unreal though,we don't what the Abandoned footage is running on. There was no Unreal logo on the app.

Top Bottom