• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
5Jie4Fe.jpg

The reply from Geoff..
Bridge Baby.... it's right there on the desk. You are reaching too far

cormack12

Gold Member
Both were unreal though,we don't what the Abandoned footage is running on. There was no Unreal logo on the app.
I'm not too fussed on whatever the engine is unless it's their own. Tarkov is built on Unity and looks impressive for example

It's more the presentation and little signs that I just think wouldn't be there in a real AAA. Things like the foot sliding after placement, the blurring on the bubbled wood.

Of course I concede these might be deliberate until we see the end product but I just don't think there's enough to make the leap on what we've seen in game thus far (all the links and history are fun though and some seem weird).

ParaSeoul

I'm not too fussed on whatever the engine is unless it's their own. Tarkov is built on Unity and looks impressive for example

It's more the presentation and little signs that I just think wouldn't be there in a real AAA. Things like the foot sliding after placement, the blurring on the bubbled wood.

Of course I concede these might be deliberate until we see the end product but I just don't think there's enough to make the leap on what we've seen in game thus far (all the links and history are fun though and some seem weird).

So Hasan went from asset flip guy to making his own engine? Kojima literally said PT was made to look indie to fool people.

ParaSeoul

Ahem, it's a floor.

I'm playing Call of Duty Cold War campaign in PS5 just right now and textures are equal or better than this.

It's impossible to evaluate the graphic quality of a game only with an asset close up.
To be fair you're looking at some guys screenshots not the game running in real time and also the possibility that they're deliberately trying to look indie.

SCB3

Looks like Decima to me...
Based on the 2 games that used it, I’m not sure, Outside of buildings look amazing in Death Stranding and Horizon, but inside areas are pretty basic , I guess we could go look at Horizon Forbidden West’s trailers and see how Decima is faring there but again, big open areas is a big advantage of that engine

Unreal Engine though, well smaller enclosed areas have always looked fantastic and it is free to use

ParaSeoul

Based on the 2 games that used it, I’m not sure, Outside of buildings look amazing in Death Stranding and Horizon, but inside areas are pretty basic , I guess we could go look at Horizon Forbidden West’s trailers and see how Decima is faring there but again, big open areas is a big advantage of that engine

Unreal Engine though, well smaller enclosed areas have always looked fantastic and it is free to use
No unreal logo though as said before.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
If it takes at least 5 hours for Sony to process a patch and you can't have specific time for it...
Then his promise on Tuesday was not possible. So it was 100% planned
So he deliberately delayed the app on Tuesday, (whilst also putting the whole teaser on Twitter, just without the soundtrack) so they could really launch the exact same clip on Friday because it was a spooky date?

They intentionally kept people waiting another 3 days to hear the soundtrack on a 10 second clip?

Why?

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Ahem, it's a floor.

I'm playing Call of Duty Cold War campaign in PS5 just right now and textures are equal or better than this.

It's impossible to evaluate the graphic quality of a game only with an asset close up.
Can you prove it?
Everything I googled didn’t look anywhere near it.

Kdad

If this is the government funding situation,why would the government keep funding some guy whos never released a product? Unless Hasan is somehow much more of a silver tongue in Dutch than he is in English I doubt any private investors would fund it.
Its that grote lul energie

ParaSeoul

So he deliberately delayed the app on Tuesday, (whilst also putting the whole teaser on Twitter, just without the soundtrack) so they could really launch the exact same clip on Friday because it was a spooky date?

They intentionally kept people waiting another 3 days to hear the soundtrack on a 10 second clip?

Why?
My guess is to make it seem more dramatic than it actually is,keep more people sceptical if this is something more like some of us think.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

Why?
Nah. Just to make people angry and draw more attention?
No matter good or bad, it's marketing maybe

GuinGuin

Banned

The interiors were also amazing. No Unreal game comes close to looking as good as Horizon Zero Dawn.

I still can't believe people really think Hasan with his impressive track record made this exciting although short teaser. I said it already it's not only that the textures look great, it's also the angle choice not to reveal too much and also the perfect music choice and and mixing.

Team fake first says Hasan can't not do anything and now they change the narrative to that he has some talent.

Wake up people this is Kojima pulling the biggest troll in gaming history. And everyone here in the treat have to admit they are somehow entertained.

GHG

Gold Member
What's funny to me about all of these so called "Journalists" telling people to calm down when it's harmless fun considering Hasan/Blue Box are not asking anyone for money at this stage is what they did for Cyberpunk last year.

These guys never got hands on with any console versions. They were playing the PC version alongside the Console versions during the review stage (and knew they were a shitshow), went along with CDPR's stunt of only being allowed to show B-roll footage for their reviews and yet what did they do?:

hype-overload.gif

Bunch of tools, the lot of them.

Last edited:

TonyK

Can you prove it?
Everything I googled didn’t look anywhere near it.
I've made some photos with the phone directly to the TV in the actual level I'm playing. All objects have this level of detail. I know phone photos don't have enough quality, in the TV it looks insanely better, but I hope it can help to prove that COD Cold War campaign textures are equal or better than Abandoned teaser.

1aR00uh.jpg

bKoBYzN.jpg

k4PoVeD.jpg

CherryFalls

Banned
Jesus if this is what wets PS fans pants, it’s no wonder they are always willing to screw you.

You should at least ask them to stop by Walgreens first so you can buy some lipstick and look pretty before you take it.

You realise nobody actually believes its real its just fun to pretend? Its like watching wrestling

Kdad

I still can't believe people really think Hasan with his impressive track record made this exciting although short teaser. I said it already it's not only that the textures look great, it's also the angle choice not to reveal too much and also the perfect music choice and and mixing.

Team fake first says Hasan can't not do anything and now they change the narrative to that he has some talent.

Wake up people this is Kojima pulling the biggest troll in gaming history. And everyone here in the treat have to admit they are somehow entertained.
I bought PacMan for the Atari 2600...THAT was the biggest troll in gaming history....

Fake

Gold Member
What's funny to me about all of these so called "Journalists" telling people to calm down when it's harmless fun considering Hasan/Blue Box are not asking anyone for money at this stage is what they did for Cyberpunk last year.

Most of those 'journalists' make a huge hype about the 'Switch PRO', so they should back to their rock.

baphomet

He's the current head of Indie games at playstation.

He 100% knows, blue box would have had to go through him (or at least get signed off by him).

U2Kiyt5.jpg

You think every indie goes through Shu or has any amount of contact with him? They don't. He doesn't sign off on anything.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
You think every indie goes through Shu or has any amount of contact with him? They don't. He doesn't sign off on anything.
With the press around the game, you're telling me that the head of Indie Dev relations wouldn't go out of his way to see what's happening? Everyone is curious.

Edit: He also downloaded the demo and tweeted about it an hour before the original update on Tuesday. I'd say he knows the lay of the land.

Last edited:
Top Bottom