• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

8BiTw0LF

Banned
UyVOfMk.png

Sounds awfully like some people in this thread...

Darius87

if there's high demand for game it's high probability it will be made/remade like FF7 now it's huge success for SE.
i believe same could happen with P.T rumours about it and MGS(bluepoint) remake were been spreading long before blue box thing:

sony or whoever has to be dumb to not take opportunity of P.T demo popularity.
there's to many coincidences for #teamfake to deny, there's no way all these coincidental hints are just coincidences if it's more then one it's not coincidence anymore.

fragganaut

I want to stay in topic and already asked for more pictures of trees with red arrows but no one’s interested.
sorry no trees but butterflies and at least one arrow, hope you have fun with it.

The response is from the Twitter account which manages on of the YT channel

Arman Tamzarian

and here is your arrow, maybe it will lead you to some new information .... I found this crazy

GkQrv7s.png

BTW there are at least two additional hints to find.
Have fun!

ParaSeoul

sorry no trees but butterflies and at least one arrow, hope you have fun with it.

The response is from the Twitter account which manages on of the YT channel

Arman Tamzarian

and here is your arrow, maybe it will lead you to some new information .... I found this crazy

GkQrv7s.png

BTW there are at least two additional hints to find.
Have fun!

this is bullshit

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Listening to it right now and I agree with him 100%.

He’s making a lot of arguments that team real have raised and he knows the machinations of the submission process of publishing a game.

Something is up but this has gone so far that this has turned out to be a shit way to reveal a game. Just show us something. Why is everyone so coy?

This is an unfun/bizarre way to reveal a game.

I think the answer to your question is this guy....

jim-ryan-2.jpg

Sony has PSVR2 on its hands right NOW! Yet they push out info on it months ago and then NOTHING! Jim bailed out of E3 and didn't have a backup plan for this year. Jim REFUSES to bring PSX back after he killed it.

THIS GUY HATES TO PROMOTE PLAYSTATION!!! It only does so, when he absolutely has to. Otherwise, nothing. He'd rather just swim in billions in profit and relax, then swim in those same billions but spend $10 million a year on awesome shows for the PS fans to generate hype in a real way.

Last edited:

ElCasual

Ok guys this was a fun ride but I gonna out of this thread.
I was team real but with all the clues and things now I am team fake.
Team real is just seeing things that dont exist but is not they fault.
The culprit of all of this is Akira Yamaoka with that stupid tweet of " In summer a game of all you love..bla bla bla" and maybe MAYBE he was talking about Metal Gear remake.
But to all of you have fun and be nice each to other.

LixhulHot

Banned
I honestly can't believe some of the stupidity of people in the world. The ONLY reason this had any "link" for being Silent Hill in the first place is because they said "S______L". Anything that has happened afterwards you've been reaching to find links.

You can find any link with anything. Anything. And some of you have wasted your time and breathed life into this ridiculousness? Grow up, move on. This has NOTHING to do with Silent Hill or Kojima and you've allowed yourself to be played for weeks.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
放棄
is abandoned
And that's quite clearly not what it says lol

編集

That's what it says.. "Edit"

He's working on a trailer edit.

edit: I should say, it looks closer to "edit".. but it is pretty clearly not Abandoned because the left kanji isn't big/busy enough. The right Kanji is really close to the Kanji used in "Edit", but the left kanji of "edit" looks way closer to that blur, and makes way more sense. Why would "Abandoned" be small and above his name? It's basically "edited by"

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I think the answer to your question is this guy....

jim-ryan-2.jpg

Sony has PSVR2 on its hands right NOW! Yet they push out info on it months ago and then NOTHING! Jim bailed out of E3 and didn't have a backup plan for this year. Jim REFUSES to bring PSX back after he killed it.

THIS GUY HATES TO PROMOTE PLAYSTATION!!! It only does so, when he absolutely has to. Otherwise, nothing. He'd rather just swim in billions in profit and relax, then swim in those same billions but spend $10 million a year on awesome shows for the PS fans to generate hype in a real way.

So why was PSX trade marked?

Jim Ryan is not some evil james bond villain. He knows what works, he knows about social metrics when they have these events. Which are largely huge.

mckmas8808

So why was PSX trade marked?

Jim Ryan is not some evil james bond villain. He knows what works, he knows about social metrics when they have these events. Which are largely huge.

To keep the trademark alive and with Sony. Just basic paper work. Look.....I was like you 6 months ago and thought Jim Ryan wasn't that bad. But this summer has taught me that Jim Ryan is lucky that he's riding on the coat tails of all the other smart Sony execs that set everything up in place for him to control.

He doesn't seem to want to make even ONE IMPRINT on the Playstation brand to save his life. The biggest decsion he's made is to move PS games to PC. Which is cool to some degree, but COME ON JIM!!!

Papacheeks

Banned
To keep the trademark alive and with Sony. Just basic paper work. Look.....I was like you 6 months ago and thought Jim Ryan wasn't that bad. But this summer has taught me that Jim Ryan is lucky that he's riding on the coat tails of all the other smart Sony execs that set everything up in place for him to control.

He doesn't seem to want to make even ONE IMPRINT on the Playstation brand to save his life. The biggest decsion he's made is to move PS games to PC. Which is cool to some degree, but COME ON JIM!!!

The guy may not be popular among us gamers, and some of his decisions come off as tone def like the PS3/Vita store. But they are sound business decisions that have made Playstation tons of money and his decision to have first 12 months full of first party/third party exclusives has paid off.

Those were his decisions in terms of launch software. We still got Rhode putting in work and I think they are listening more to him than someone like Jim now with the reversal of Vita store policy. I think Rhode knows along with Shue that events get people hyped, and social interaction is a way for the company to not come off so tone def.

Covid hurt us having any actual events, also them changing policy for shows also hurt them. They now only want to have meaningful shows when they have content thats closer to launch to show.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Y'know what's great, even if this is fake?

If the message wasn't clear by now that gamers want more Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill, then this whole charade sure was the final nail in the coffin.

I know rumors surrounding both have gotten pretty strong over the last year or so, but there is certainly no denying the fan-desire now. Sony knows what they need to do. This just may have served a purpose.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
We still haven't heard much about the DS directors cut, aside from the initial announcement, huh? I'm dying to know how these new areas and enemies will play out.

I should probably temper expectations, but I was thinking about how much better the "Subsistence" version of Metal Gear Solid 3 was, with just that camera tweak. While I do really like DS, I am hoping Kojima's team can pull of a few elegant, if small improvements that have a strong effect on the game. Namely when it comes to enemy encounters.

You could really spice the game up with just a couple new enemy types, if you were determined to.
Imagine one of the enemies being an actual threat who stalks you along your journey, rather than just waiting at a camp. Now, maybe that is overboard, but it's just an example off the top of my head.

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

^ I've said before that the one thing that would make this the biggest troll ever is if this was a Kojima/Keighley stunt but for Death Stranding DC.

The guy must be close to retiring now so I wouldn't put it past him.

We still haven't heard much about the DS directors cut, aside from the initial announcement, huh? I'm dying to know how these new areas and enemies will play out.

I should probably temper expectations, but I was thinking about how much better the "Subsistence" version of Metal Gear Solid 3 was, with just that camera tweak. While I do really like DS, I am hoping Kojima's team can pull of a few elegant, if small improvements that have a strong effect on the game. Namely when it comes to enemy encounters.

You could really spice the game up with just a couple new enemy types, if you were determined to.
Imagine one of the enemies being an actual threat who stalks you along your journey, rather than just waiting at a camp. Now, maybe that is overboard, but it's just an example off the top of my head.

See, part of the reason I want this Abandoned thing to be real is because I want Kojima to announce a new project that... isn't Death Stranding. I liked the game well enough, but I'm not exactly keen for him to stick around in that world.

Last edited:

A.Romero

After much thought I have decided that I don't want Kojima to work on MGS or SL or anything Konami related. He can do without selling his dignity.

Also #TeamFake. I'm convinced Hassan is a hack and not for profit, just stupidity.

Shit am I on the right team?! I thought team real was the team that believed that Silent Hills is a thing and will be revealed. Is it actually that team real believes Abandoned is a real project? I'm just spinning around in circular logic at ths point. SOMEONE LET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!

ParaSeoul

After much thought I have decided that I don't want Kojima to work on MGS or SL or anything Konami related. He can do without selling his dignity.

Also #TeamFake. I'm convinced Hassan is a hack and not for profit, just stupidity.
Geoff still acknowledges him and somehow seemed more excited talking about Abandoned on the Gamescom Q&A than his supposed most anticipated game,Farcry 6.

IntentionalPun

Shit am I on the right team?! I thought team real was the team that believed that Silent Hills is a thing and will be revealed. Is it actually that team real believes Abandoned is a real project? I'm just spinning around in circular logic at ths point. SOMEONE LET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!
Team Real believes Abandoned / Hasan are actually Hideo Kojima (or he's behind it) teasing an SH reveal.

Although they've also added MGS to the list, and many believe the "app" is going to turn into some special Playstation app for events/trailers lol (even though that makes zero sense)

ParaSeoul

Team Real believes Abandoned / Hasan are actually Hideo Kojima (or he's behind it) teasing an SH reveal.

Although they've also added MGS to the list, and many believe the "app" is going to turn into some special Playstation app for events/trailers lol (even though that makes zero sense)
This shit is why I'm saying the team shit is outdated now,I think this is probably some marketing for something most likely a Kojima project but it doesn't have to be. I don't want to be associated with the people who see videos of forests with filters and thinks its in game footage.

Last edited:

H . R . 2

Are those the top two symbols? I’m not good at tweaking photos at all but I tried to take away some of the blurriness in my Ipad photo settings and this is the best I could do.

9zSt2Lo.png
is nobody going to talk about this? what does that say?
this forum has a tendency to lose sight of what really matters and instead focuses on exterraneous and trivial details

Last edited:

A.Romero

Geoff still acknowledges him and somehow seemed more excited talking about Abandoned on the Gamescom Q&A than his supposed most anticipated game,Farcry 6.

I'll admit that's odd and also the fact that they featured Abandoned in the Playstation blog.

Other than that, no reason to think this is anything special.

IntentionalPun

is nobody going to talk about this? what does that say?
this forum has a tendency to lose sight of what really matters and instead focuses on exterraneous and trivial details
It is likely the word "edit".. which in that context likely means "edited by" on the top, and then below is just Kojima Hideo.

Which.. we know Kojima has been rambling about his upcoming trailer edit.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

The guy may not be popular among us gamers, and some of his decisions come off as tone def like the PS3/Vita store. But they are sound business decisions that have made Playstation tons of money and his decision to have first 12 months full of first party/third party exclusives has paid off.

Those were his decisions in terms of launch software. We still got Rhode putting in work and I think they are listening more to him than someone like Jim now with the reversal of Vita store policy. I think Rhode knows along with Shue that events get people hyped, and social interaction is a way for the company to not come off so tone def.

Covid hurt us having any actual events, also them changing policy for shows also hurt them. They now only want to have meaningful shows when they have content thats closer to launch to show.

The bolded is why I now officially HATE Jim Ryan. It's strictly because he's making Sony money, as to why Sony won't push him to be better. Lets just rest on our laurels and chill while we are on top. Isn't this the best way to ensure that the PS5, 3 years from now turns into crap?

Do you personally remember the 2015 E3 "Year of dreams"? They showed FF7-Remake, The Last Guardian, and the Shenmue 3 kickstarter. They sold us a dream and 2 out of the 3 games there paid off YEARS later. I hate the new "only show games if they are one year or less away" Playstation that we have now.

ParaSeoul

I'll admit that's odd and also the fact that they featured Abandoned in the Playstation blog.

Other than that, no reason to think this is anything special.
Cory Barlog and Shuhei Yoshida tweeting about it is a bit strange as well. Plus with a large amount of influencers and people on Twitter saying its a scam,its surprising Playstation hasn't distanced themselves from this if this is just an indie developer.

baphomet

Sure, but if you’re wrong, this has been fantastic.
We already know I'm not wrong.

Other than that, no reason to think this is anything special..
You should actually look at the PlayStation blog before you think it's special that this POS was on there.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

this does not look like his usual work AKA cinematic Death Stranding / MGS style, the font, the lack of any color is reminiscent of old Japanese (horror) movies
a few months back he said that he was watching some movies to rekindle his horror spirit
I think this looks like Japanese horror type of stuff

Yeah it doesn't really smack of Death Stranding; but Kojima did do some black and white merch/marketing w/ the Death Stranding letters "melting" and the BT's are a bit of a horror element.

But we know Kojima is working on other things and we know he wanted to create the scariest horror game.

Top Bottom