• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
im giving it until gamescom before writing all this silent hills stuff off as nonsense. if that is indeed the case, than one has to wonder what the hell is going on at sony? the communication has been awful. its like they've all taken a holiday and left the brand to run itself. i thought sony had a plan and were just waiting until the right time but im not so sure anymore. still no sign of any kind of showcase. where's god of war? how come they havent announced the delay of horizon forbidden west? it seems like sony aint trying anymore and are getting the late PS2 era attitude of being too big to fail.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
im giving it until gamescom before writing all this silent hills stuff off as nonsense. if that is indeed the case, than one has to wonder what the hell is going on at sony? the communication has been awful. its like they've all taken a holiday and left the brand to run itself. i thought sony had a plan and were just waiting until the right time but im not so sure anymore. still no sign of any kind of showcase. where's god of war? how come they havent announced the delay of horizon forbidden west? it seems like sony aint trying anymore and are getting the late PS2 era attitude of being too big to fail.

They are the king quite easily of their market sector; every tweet gets insane amount of engagement, every event they do put on gets insane engagement, etc.

Throwing big shows adds cost, and distracts teams.

I think they just know their place and are cost optimizing IMO. Probably weren't seeing a return on their investment of going to events, which is why they scaled that back even before COVID.

Dabaus

Banned
Trade shows take up alot of dev time to make vertical slices and trailers. Remember when sony skipped e3 of 2019 and came back in 2020 with at least 7 first party in 2020? As long as ps5 is selling out and sony is making moves behind the scenes, i think theyre fine for the time being.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Just read that NME interview, honestly if this guy Hasan is for real, guy needs to get some PR training or something because I can not take that interview seriously. Honestly just reads like straight trolling and kind of a blasé attitude. That makes me think something is still up with this. There is NO WAY someone can be this stupid if he is a genuine guy but also have managed to somehow fund this puppet show without ever releasing a half decent game. Who is giving him money?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
They are the king quite easily of their market sector; every tweet gets insane amount of engagement, every event they do put on gets insane engagement, etc.

I think they just know their place and are cost optimizing IMO. Probably weren't seeing a return on their investment of going to events, which is why they scaled that back even before COVID.

Does it though? Does it REALLY distract teams? They are literally making record profits now, due to what they did during the PS4 generation where they invested into the PlayStation ecosystem. I HATE that more people can't seem to understand this.

Trade shows take up alot of dev time to make vertical slices and trailers. Remember when sony skipped e3 of 2019 and came back in 2020 with at least 7 first party in 2020? As long as ps5 is selling out and sony is making moves behind the scenes, i think theyre fine for the time being.

They aren't fine and I'm sorry but you're wrong. They didn't stay quiet like this when it was time to launch the PS5. Overall, I'm hoping that this is just a COVID issue, because this BETTER NOT be the new PlayStation.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Does it though? Does it REALLY distract teams? They are literally making record profits now, due to what they did during the PS4 generation where they invested into the PlayStation ecosystem. I HATE that more people can't seem to understand this.
It definitely distracts teams; any sort of deadline does, and an event w/ a date pre-determined is a deadline. Those events are a clusterfuck, are expensive, are not entirely in your control, etc. (and part of your team usually has to go, just the nature of such an event)

Making video presentations and being able to set your own time, not have to host an interactive demo of an unfinished product, etc. gets just as many or more eyes on your product as something like E3 for far less cost and you have far more control.

Sony's success hasn't decreased since they stopped attending E3 in any way.. so not like they don't have the numbers here.

They are powerful enough that it honestly sort of deflates the events for everyone else too.. PAX was NOT the same w/o them in 2018, the entire event lost some of it's mojo.. you'd think not having Sony there would give other's more time/eyes but what it did was cause less people to go/stick around/be excited/etc. PAX 2019 was probably the worst I'd ever been to, the second one they skipped pre-COVID.

I don't get why people think Sony doesn't understand all of this, have the numbers.. done the ROI analysis, etc.

I mean look at Nintendo.. they couldn't be more successful than they are, and they also scaled back events, switching to dropping videos online.

Last edited:

i get the costs and stress it puts on the teams but who says they need to do E3 or any other stage show? just one big showcase per year at a time they feel is right would be fine. nothing but state of plays scattered through the year is lame in comparison.

like i said, just one big show a year is more than enough. sony do them the best and i miss those. is it so much to ask? i know sony will be just fine without them. they could never do a show again and they would still sell over 100m consoles but its nice to give something more to your fans once in a while right? im not even asking for a stage show. just a 60 minute showcase of games like they did last year.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

i get the costs and stress it puts on the teams but who says they need to do E3? just one show at a time they feel is right would be fine. nothing but state of plays scattered through the year is lame in comparison.

Well they did a big video presentation last year... who says one isn't coming this year?

My overriding point is that Sony has everyone's attention and can put out their own pre-recorded video and destroy the numbers for anyone else's E3 presentation, or their outreach from going to Gamescon, etc.

But that doesn't mean they won't go to or hold any events.. they've scaled back, and I'm just suggesting why I think that is.

Last edited:
Well they did a big video presentation last year... who says one isn't coming this year?

My overriding point is that Sony has everyone's attention and can put out their own pre-recorded video and destroy the numbers for anyone else's E3 presentation, or their outreach from going to Gamescon, etc.

But that doesn't mean they won't go to or hold any events.. they've scaled back, and I'm just suggesting why I think that is.

i guess im just assuming they wont. hopefully theres a big showcase to come. didnt they do the second one in september last year? its actually hard to predict sony these days which is a good thing as it brings the surprise factor.

IntentionalPun

My personal attitude has always been "The games will come when they are ready.. me knowing about them ahead of time doesn't even really do me much good."

And I don't personally think even in a marketing sense showing something ahead of time a bunch is worthwhile. Some of the biggest products in the world are unveiled the day they go on sale (Apple.)

Keep people anticipating stuff, and when you do show it, wow them.. and make it something they can buy soon-ish.

Having said all that, I loved going to PAX every year here.. and it was a real bummer when Sony stopped going.. had to do loads of acid in 2019 to even have any fun. That was kinda fucked up.. had no clue how strong it was and was tripping balls by the time I parked lol

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

I've felt for a long time (since Jim took over) Sony moving as close as they can to the Nintendo model of being a faceless company with minimal spending and fan engagement with just periodic SoPs just like Nintendo Directs.

I get it from a business/making money POV especially given their sales position right now, but for hardcore Sony fans particularly it is hard to swallow.

IntentionalPun

I've felt for a long time (since Jim took over) Sony moving as close as they can to the Nintendo model of being a faceless company with minimal spending and fan engagement with just periodic SoPs just like Nintendo Directs.

I get it from a business/making money POV especially given their sales position right now, but for hardcore Sony fans particularly it is hard to swallow.

How many people even got to play a Sony game at a conference every year beforehand?

It's basically 2-3 days of endless lines and only a fraction of attendees of any event get to play the hottest games (or are willing to wait in the lines.) They are really cool for what they are, but it's gotta be in the 10s of thousands of people who ever really got to do the in-person thing and really experience what you've got.. I do think there's value in the "so what if the ROI isn't that great, it's a cool ass thing" attitude.. but from an actual business standpoint, it's probably kinda pointless. Everyone thinks XBox/Phil Spencer are the kewlest right now and their outreach is good but it's not translating into $$$ lol.. games do.

GuinGuin

Banned
The best time for a game showcase is not in the middle of the summer when people are enjoying the outdoors but just before black Friday so you can push more sales. Expect something big in the fall not the summer.

mckmas8808

It definitely distracts teams; any sort of deadline does, and an event w/ a date pre-determined is a deadline. Those events are a clusterfuck, are expensive, are not entirely in your control, etc. (and part of your team usually has to go, just the nature of such an event)

Making video presentations and being able to set your own time, not have to host an interactive demo of an unfinished product, etc. gets just as many or more eyes on your product as something like E3 for far less cost and you have far more control.

Sony's success hasn't decreased since they stopped attending E3 in any way.. so not like they don't have the numbers here.

They are powerful enough that it honestly sort of deflates the events for everyone else too.. PAX was NOT the same w/o them in 2018, the entire event lost some of it's mojo.. you'd think not having Sony there would give other's more time/eyes but what it did was cause less people to go/stick around/be excited/etc. PAX 2019 was probably the worst I'd ever been to, the second one they skipped pre-COVID.

I don't get why people think Sony doesn't understand all of this, have the numbers.. done the ROI analysis, etc.

I mean look at Nintendo.. they couldn't be more successful than they are, and they also scaled back events, switching to dropping videos online.

Are we sure the bolded is correct? And I personally don't care about the cost savings. But lets see if Sony continues this trend into the year 2023. I'm betting as soon as Covid is behind us, they'll go back to actually caring about promoting the brand of Playstation. Right now they hate promoting the brand, but I'm HOPING it's 100% Covid related.

Sony's success is 100% due to the "good" Playstation days where they either went to E3 or had presentations around E3. There's a reason that this video was released on June 11th of 2020. And it got 38 MILLION views!!!

Lets stop acting as if these companies don't need to properly promote their products. And Nintendo still shows up to events or has big events "around" event season. That's all I'm asking for. Nothing more, nothing less. I literally want the Sony from 2020 back. Jim totally dropped the ball for PlayStation hype in 2021.

mckmas8808

How many people even got to play a Sony game at a conference every year beforehand?

It's basically 2-3 days of endless lines and only a fraction of attendees of any event get to play the hottest games (or are willing to wait in the lines.) They are really cool for what they are, but it's gotta be in the 10s of thousands of people who ever really got to do the in-person thing and really experience what you've got.. I do think there's value in the "so what if the ROI isn't that great, it's a cool ass thing" attitude.. but from an actual business standpoint, it's probably kinda pointless. Everyone thinks XBox/Phil Spencer are the kewlest right now and their outreach is good but it's not translating into $$$ lol.. games do.

I'm not sure you understand how important those events are in the greater scheme of things. How does Sony think they are going to sell PSVR2 next year "WITHOUT" showing up to events to allow people to play it? PSVR2 will be DOOMED if they decide to show up to no events and also not have their own in 2022.

IntentionalPun

I'm not sure you understand how important those events are in the greater scheme of things. How does Sony think they are going to sell PSVR2 next year "WITHOUT" showing up to events to allow people to play it? PSVR2 will be DOOMED if they decide to show up to no events and also not have their own in 2022.
I'm just talking about Sony's strategy; clearly THEY dont think these events are that important.. as they stopped going to E3 in 2019 and majorly scaled back events in general even before COVID.

I'm not sure why you don't think they'll do another big video presentation this year, when they feel they have some good stuff to show off.

Hell maybe even some surprise announcements and the usual fun stuff.

I do tend to agree w/ that strategy and don't agree that their popularity stemmed from events that 99% of their customers didn't attend... not sure why you are so certain that fan events are the key to their success? Why would PSVR2 need to be at conventions? Those VR demos are the most cumbersome of the bunch.. very few people end up getting to do them.. have you ever been to a trade con?

Hell E3 for instance wasn't even open to the general public for how long? Wasn't it only 2018 where that re-started?

Last edited:

GuinGuin

Banned

That's not how any of this works. I doubt 1% of PSVR buyers used one at a trade show before purchasing it. I know I didn't. It will sell based on the games they show and there is no incentive for them to show games for it until it's near launch.

IntentionalPun

That's not how any of this works. I doubt 1% of PSVR buyers used one at a trade show before purchasing it. I know I didn't. It will sell based on the games they show and there is no incentive for them to show games for it until it's near launch.
I doubt .1 percent did.

VR demos are the most exclusive at any given event.. they have less units, take more time to get people attuned to them, etc.. there often isn't even a line because the slots are so limited you have to book them in advance.

Probably a few thousand people total ever played a PSVR at a convention. And a lot of those people just wanted to try it for fun and didn't necessarily buy. Which is like.. anything at a convention.. you go around to play stuff and get SWAG and it doesn't necessarily effect any purchase decisions.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
RichThisCassowary-size_restricted.gif

Archive footage of Hassan infiltrating Euro pop band "Eiffel 65" to secretly tease his videogame studio

GuinGuin

Banned
Ground Control to Major Tom
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
Ground Control to Major Tom (ten, nine, eight, seven, six)
Commencing countdown, engines on (five, four, three)
Check ignition and may God's love be with you (two, one, liftoff)
This is Ground Control to Major Tom
You've really made the grade
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare
"This is Major Tom to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today
For here
Am I sitting in a tin can
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do

IntentionalPun

HL03RgD.png

A box that has Blue on it.
Hey everyone it's Hasan/Hideo.

Is the next teaser of
a) a butthole and
b) if so, how will the dualsense work with it?

As the butthole quivers on screen (as buttholes do), much like a bunny nose does as it sniffs the air... you will feel a slight vibration on the haptic sensor..

then a message appears "COMING SOON REALTIME FINGERING DEMO WITH ADAPTIVE TRIGGER TECH"

oreo-the-bunny-oreo.gif

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
Ground Control to Major Tom (ten, nine, eight, seven, six)
Commencing countdown, engines on (five, four, three)
Check ignition and may God's love be with you (two, one, liftoff)
This is Ground Control to Major Tom
You've really made the grade
And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare
"This is Major Tom to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today
For here
Am I sitting in a tin can
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do
Major Tom...

Standing there alone
The ship is waiting
All systems are go
"Are you sure?"
Control is not convinced
But the computer
Has the evidence
No need to abort
The countdown starts

Watching in a trance
The crew is certain
Nothing left to chance
All is working
Trying to relax
Up in the capsule
"Send me up a drink."
Jokes Major Tom
The count goes on...

4, 3, 2, 1
Earth below us
Drifting, falling
Floating weightless
Calling, calling home...

Second stage is cut
We're now in orbit
Stabilizers up
Runnning perfect
Starting to collect
Requested data

"What will it affect
When all is done?"
Thinks Major Tom

Back at ground control
There is a problem
"Go to rockets full."
Not responding
"Hello Major Tom
Are you receiving?
Turn the thrusters on
We're standing by."
There's no reply

4, 3, 2, 1
Earth below us
Drifting, falling
Floating weightless
Calling, calling home...

Across the stratosphere
A final message:
"Give my wife my love."
Then nothing more

Far beneath the ship
The world is mourning
They don't realize
He's alive
No one understands
But Major Tom sees
"Now the light commands
This is my home
I'm coming home."

Earth below us
Drifting, falling
Floating weightless
Coming home...
Earth below us
Drifting, falling
Floating weightless
Coming, coming
Home
Home

we got spoilt with the PS4 era. sony were never really that open before than. they even did a PSX where they literally got people from sony and numerous teams to sit on a couch and talk about stuff that goes on behind the scenes. i loved that! yeah most people dont give a shit but the hardcore fans are who its for.

onesvenus

Another BLUE BOX

Team fake can pack up their trash and go home. It's over.

I take that the countdown has been moved from the hour the photo has been taken to the time the song has been playing?

If that's so, what happens if nothing gets announced today that the countdown has reached 0, when he keeps posting songs after today or when he releases a DS:DC trailer?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I have always said that Abandoned is not connected in any way, shape or form to Kojima, Konami, Silent Hill or Metal Gear Solid and that the game would just be a generic survival horror game but after seeing Blue Box's scam of a history, im going to change that and say that there is no game and it's never ever being released.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
I take that the countdown has been moved from the hour the photo has been taken to the time the song has been playing?

If that's so, what happens if nothing gets announced today that the countdown has reached 0, when he keeps posting songs after today or when he releases a DS:DC trailer?
Countdown ends on the 19th.
Also he said he had made the shortest trailer ever before the Abandoned teaser arrived. It’s unlikely DS will be shorter than that, or even short at all.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

So ya'll failed to mention that hIdeo also posted that black/white image to Twitter, explicitly called out it as a Death Stranding trailer, and then posted a black and white photo of his controller.. so show it was the camera in black and white mode and not necessarily the trailer? lol

Top Bottom