• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Another point to remember. Hasan is a rambling moron and you can't take anything he says seriously about anything.

Also remember:

- Hasan said that BS about Abandoned not being the name when he knew this conspiracy theory was going on, and he would easily know it would help "Team Real" keep their theory going
- Hasan knows this entire conspiracy theory is the only reason anyone is giving him a lick of attention
- Abandoned is still the name of the game, it's not going to change lol

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Jason brought it up 2 days ago, writing in his dinky Bloomberg blog about the app delay, and then posted a tweet making fun of what actually was.

He said on twitter he doesn't think this story is that complicated; he's expressed the belief it's just an indie in over their head.. I don't find it odd that he hasn't done more.

A lot of the "media" are just saying "this guy doesn't deserve attention we should give other better devs attention."
Let’s not re-write history.

And then he got contacted.

Javthusiast

Banned
Happy Birthday Pig GIF by Angry Birds

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
And here is the grift. Makes you buy his shitty game he finally managed to slap together alone or with a couple friends, sell it promising free Abandoned access.

Abandoned will never release though.
Nah that entire IGN fluff piece was him trying to make himself sound generous, innocent, etc. That game isn't purchasable anymore, and maybe a handful of people did buy it.. so he's.. what.. giving away a few dozen copies of Abandoned? lol

He blatantly lied in the article about how he handled The Whisperer, his Android game... claiming he valantly pulled it quickly because it had problems, when in fact it was up for sale for years.

GuinGuin

Banned
Eh? I believe he is either on Kojima's payroll or an ex indie dev working with kojima for free just to be part of an arg.

My theory :

Hasan is NOT an actor. He is also NOT the director of Abandoned/Silent Hill.

Kojima spotted him while researching horror games and decided to use him as an unknowing surrogate for his next game due to his initials and work in the horror genre.

Kojima is the private investor that is giving Hasan money to make this game but Hasan is unaware of Kojima's Involvement. He is using a third party to make Hasan think he is making this game using outside studios.

In truth Hasan is in charge of nothing and is unaware of the actual game being made. His entire purpose was to get the app on the PlayStation store and to be the face of the campaign to keep Kojima in the shadows.

This is why he didn't know if the game was linear or open world. Why his studio's address is just his apartment. Why his Psn account shows he spends all day playing video games rather than making them. This is why he has told several media outlets what he thinks he is making but is swearing them to secrecy. His benefactor told him to keep Abandoned a secret because what he thinks he is making is not the real game that is being made.

Everything Hasan says is what he is being told to say by his investor who is in fact secretly Kojima. Hasan is the mouthpiece for a game he knows nothing about.

No real investor would give Hasan money to make a game when he has no track record of actually releasing one.
And yet Nuare is working on the project. The project is real. Kojima and others are hinting at the reality of the project. The blog was real, the self published app is real, the video clip we have seen is real.

hyperbertha

My theory :

Kojima spotted him while researching horror games and decided to use him as an unknowing surrogate for his next game due to his initials and work in the horror genre.

Kojima is the private investor that is giving Hasan money to make this game but Hasan is unaware of Kojima's Involvement. He is using a third party to make Hasan think he is making this game using outside studios.

In truth Hasan is in charge of nothing and is unaware of the actual game being made. His entire purpose was to get the app on the PlayStation store and to be the face of the campaign to keep Kojima in the shadows.

This is why he didn't know if the game was linear or open world. Why his studio's address is just his apartment. Why his Psn account shows he spends all day playing video games rather than making them. This is why he has told several media outlets what he thinks he is making but is swearing them to secrecy. His benefactor told him to keep Abandoned a secret because what he thinks he is making is not the real game that is being made.

Everything Hasan says is what he is being told to say by his investor who is in fact secretly Kojima. Hasan is the mouthpiece for a game he knows nothing about.

No real investor would give Hasan money to make a game when he has no track record of actually releasing one.
And yet Nuare is working on the project. The project is real. Kojima and others are hinting at the reality of the project. The blog was real, the self published app is real, the video clip we have seen is real.
That is a hell of a risk to take. What if the benefactor is a scammer? You make all these promises to the public, and your benefactor doesn't deliver, and its your own head on the line.

GuinGuin

Banned
That is a hell of a risk to take. What if the benefactor is a scammer? You make all these promises to the public, and your benefactor doesn't deliver, and its your own head on the line.

He's getting paid and he's never made a real game in his life. What exactly does he have to lose?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Without jamming up the quote function too much, I wanted to say that just because somebody states that the budget for their project is $250k, doesn't mean that they have $250k, or that they've spent that much. Just because somebody says you could easily spend $100k at Nuare, doesn't mean Hasan spent $100k at Nuare. What he's shown so far is about $100 worth of content and a day of work for 1 person.

Now on the other hand, I don't believe Hasan is a scammer. I don't even think he's an indie dev in over his head. What he is, is a big fan of Hideo Kojima, a mentalist, and a great viral marketer. He's exploited a loophole left by Hideo Kojima in his fandom's brains.

What makes me suspect of the Hasan-Kojima connection is how the 2012 Phantom Pain reveal and subsequent interview with Geoff Keighley were extremely high quality for the time. That's what makes that twist work: a no-name, mysterious dev is putting out epic, cinematic teasers. This doesn't work if it's a known indie dev putting out below-par teasers and hiding his game as much as possible. What's the supposed payoff in that case..."Kojima was so shit nobody guessed it was him."?
---
Interesting legal breakdown about the IGN article from Hoeg Law:

This guy brings up many good points about the IGN interview, but he's giving them wayyyy too much credit when he says, "I expect better from one of the biggest gaming outlets in the world." That's a bit naive, even IGNorant if you ask me.

Time stamp for an important point this guy makes...
In journalism, usually if you're going to report on facts and they're going to be controversial facts that maybe have a couple of different ways that you look at something, you're going to get more than one source. And there's no indication in this article that anything else is happening besides Hasan Kahraman talking to the interviewer at IGN, so every single time you get a fact statement from IGN which isn't accompanied by a "Kahraman says" or "Hasan says" or "Hasan states" or explains whatever, you get into this notion that IGN is taking the word of one person with a dicey background and taking it as sacrosanct, and that's never going to work for me as you probably know. If this isn't your first trip to Virtual Legality, I don't think it should work for you.
Now, for some that might hint at intentional negligence on IGN's part as part of the Hasan-Kojima connection, but this lawyer doesn't see it like that, and he goes in to it with more detail throughout the video...
IGN just starts saying things that aren't otherwise tied to what they have been told, and there is no indication of any background checking, or any investigative journalism, and no indication of secondary questions that might lead them to having this knowledge.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
From June 17th...

You do realize that was the very start of this, and he quite quickly changed his tune.. then interviewed Hasan, and 4 days later said he's almost certainly an indie dev?
And in the comments to that tweet he wrote:

And the main questions:

Who works at Blue Box Games?

What kind of contract did he sign with Sony?

Who's funding him?

Jason Schreier is obviously having a hard time, like TeamFake - but the answers is right in front of him and all of you.

Pull n Pray

Banned
My theory :

Do you really believe what you just wrote, or are you mocking the folks who think this is a Kojima game?

Yep, as others have been saying all you have to do is follow the money. There’s no way he could afford this on his own. There’s obviously a benefactor, the question now is, who?
I broguht up the money topic also multiple times, but team fake believes that Hasan is somehow gets funding from the government. But as I said that may be possible at the beginning but there is no way he is still getting paid after so many failures. But its what team fake believes in…

I think some people on team fake are Xbox fanboys and that’s why they are so reluctant to see what is right in front of them.

THE:MILKMAN

Yep, as others have been saying all you have to do is follow the money. There’s no way he could afford this on his own. There’s obviously a benefactor, the question now is, who?

I don't know what the 10 full-time employees in Leiden would be expected to earn but lets assume each earn €50,000 pro rata average across the last 6 months. That is ~€250,000 in wages alone right there....

Plus:
~40 personnel across 7 expensive AAA outsource studios
high-end motion capture equipment (even Sony have to share their gear between their studios!)

And probably a tonne of other stuff I can't think of.

fragganaut

So several more posts and a couple articles later we still know the same amount of things we did 50 pages ago.But people here still think they've got all their answers.
It seems one part of the experience is a story and some sort of quest that is told by tweeds and YT videos, and it seems that some of us are already partaking. If you want to join, this guy is a shortcut to catch up to the latest news
MobsCanParry

8BiTw0LF

Banned
It seems one part of the experience is a story and some sort of quest that is told by tweeds and YT videos, and it seems that some of us are already partaking. If you want to join, this guy is a shortcut to catch up to the latest news
MobsCanParry
I would actually like to hear what's the score with most of his latest tweets. I can see he's tagging some random (it seems) people and posting music related stuff - like this video:

(Timestamped)

That's the same footage GuinGuin GuinGuin posted a couple days ago?

MobsCanParry MobsCanParry care to elaborate?

SCB3

"These woods has such a dark energy which clings to the path like dark energy. I wonder how this is going to be like?"

"OMG, YES" 😂

SOMEONE GIVE THIS MAN $250,000!

Not gonna lie, I like the concept of this game, especially as a Prologue set up

GuinGuin

Banned
Just a reminder of the insane things kojima had planned for Silent Hills.

One developer who was working on Silent Hills before its cancellation revealed that the game would have interacted with players even when they weren’t playing. Players would reportedly have to sign an agreement to allow access to their email, phone, and even smart house systems. Silent Hills would send players threatening texts, emails, and flicker the lights in their homes. As immersive as the concept sounds, this sort of real-life haunting would no doubt lead to legal issues.

Top Bottom