• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BCR7wvN.jpg

c5EBlAo.jpg

I had to double check on my PS5 but Shu's version of the Abandoned app has the subtitle REALTIME EXPERIENCE,mine doesn't. Can anyone see if they have it if its a region specific thing?
Nice find, since the game is probably a cooperation with Sony, they have some special or advanced version where possibly also the cinematic reveal trailer is unlocked.

Waiting now again for the strange explanations from team fake.

Last edited:

GuinGuin

Banned
Moby Dick Studio Head CEO Joakim Mogren is not CG. "We found a Swedish guy to stand in" for Hideo Kojima in his terror inducing Mogren mask, Kojima told GameTrailers.

Future article

BlueBox Studios Head CEO Hasan Kahraman is not CG. "We found a Dutch guy to stand in" for Hideo Kojima.

The thing is also if Hasan would be a real developer, why didn't we heard so long from him. He is only communicating in written form for the interviews or Twitter. He only did 2 videos some time ago. I think whoever he is it's probably hard to get him one more video because they would probably need an additional contract for one more appearance. I guess he was hired only for 2 short video messages. It's really strange that besides the videos and his profile pic there don't exist any other photos or videos of him.

Moby Dick Studio Head CEO Joakim Mogren is not CG. "We found a Swedish guy to stand in" for Hideo Kojima in his terror inducing Mogren mask, Kojima told GameTrailers.

Future article

BlueBox Studios Head CEO Hasan Kahraman is not CG. "We found a Dutch guy to stand in" for Hideo Kojima.
You're basically stating that Kojima is enough of a hack to repeat something he has already done. Which I don't think is his style.

7780s Studio
A fake studio which is an overt reference to Silent Hill is one thing, but to go back to the well and use actors to try and generate intrigue and mystery just doesn't seem like something he would repeat. Especially given how "professional" both Moby Dick Studios and PT were handled compared to this utter clusterfuck.

tmlDan

Nice find, since the game is probably a cooperation with Sony, they have some special or advanced version where possibly also the cinematic reveal trailer is unlocked.

Waiting now again for the strange explanations from team fake.
Are you I the beta? Because mine looks like Shu's and I am opted into the beta.

I am still team real btw lol

ParaSeoul

A fake studio which is an overt reference to Silent Hill is one thing, but to go back to the well and use actors to try and generate intrigue and mystery just doesn't seem like something he would repeat. Especially given how "professional" both Moby Dick Studios and PT were handled compared to this utter clusterfuck.
Thats the point,they both went too well. Its not a repeat if its played more seriously. Moby Dick Studios was played as a joke,even using the fox engine logo in screenshots.

ParaSeoul

Are you I the beta? Because mine looks like Shu's and I am opted into the beta.

I am still team real btw lol
No I'm on the current version. Doesn't make sense that the new software would change the thumbnail of a game. Any other game have a different one?

Last edited:

tmlDan

No I'm on the current version. Doesn't make sense that the new software would change the thumbnail of a game. Any other game have a different one?
It does, its so glitchy for me.

I get duplicates of my game thumbnails let me grab a screen cause people are asking, i'm at work so I cant get it at the moment.

Cause he just played or is playing 12 minutes, a horror puzzle game with very little hand holding in terms of hints
While you're right about 12 Minutes being a puzzle game, it's definitely not a horror game. More like thriller, maybe

It does have very little hand holding though and probably why Kojima is mentioning his experiences with puzzles in games

reksveks

12 Minutes isn't a horror game and before he was tweeting about horror movies.
It is a horror game, it's about someone invading your house constantly and killing you and your wife. It also has some weird dark twists that I havent gotten to.

He has literally tweeted about 12 minutes today and yesterday.

ParaSeoul

While you're right about 12 Minutes being a puzzle game, it's definitely not a horror game. More like thriller, maybe

It does have very little hand holding though and probably why Kojima is mentioning his experiences with puzzles in games
Yeah I understand how that other game he mentioned is related but the Resident Evil one seems different because he just mentions the scariness.

ParaSeoul

It is a horror game, it's about someone invading your house constantly and killing you and your wife. It also has some weird dark twists that I havent gotten to.

He has literally tweeted about 12 minutes today and yesterday.
They don't call it a horror game,they call it an interactive thriller. Two similar yet different genres.

reksveks

The line between horror and thriller is a bit more blurry than people like to think. I haven't seen or read the twist but think a house invasion film/game counts as horror. But yes, he is mentioning these experiences cause of 12 minutes imo.

Last edited:
Perhaps we don’t get the reveal at Gamescom, perhaps Kojima is just giving a hint of some kind.

Just imagine how crazy that would be, the truth was there all along but no one figured out how to solve it.

Last edited:
Maybe it's japanese phrasing that doesn't translate well in english (and danish), but P.T has already been solved - why is Kojima responding:
"Solve with friends all around the world"

?

Makes no sense.

I think the person was complaining about how difficult PT was to solve, and Kojima was offering the solution.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Maybe it's japanese phrasing that doesn't translate well in english (and danish), but P.T has already been solved - why is Kojima responding:
"Solve with friends all around the world"

?

Makes no sense.
I think he's talking about video capture; he doesn't want video capture to be a mystery like PT.

The guy who tweets makes a lot of videos as far as I can tell.

Top Bottom