• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S______L for PS5 to be revealed soon (The dedicated blueballs/Kojima 'conspiracy' thread)

Is this new Silent Hill real or fake?

• Real

Votes: 330 44.6%
  • Fake

Votes: 410 55.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trikster40

Future game show? I also know that this is a moving target like another conspiracy theory but I can't mention that one in this forum.
There’s another conspiracy theory?

The whole countdown thing doesn’t make sense anymore since FGS is 2-3 days away but Hideo is at 0.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Well to be fair it’s also possible that Sony announces the leaked blueprint acquisition together with a MGS Remake. It does not need to have anything to do with Kojima or Abandoned.
YEP.
That is absolutely what I expect.
Unless the acquisition did not came through.... then wtf is sony doing

ParaSeoul

Theres a suspicious amount of Death Stranding in the hype trailer. Do you really need that man clips for a re release of a 2 year old game?

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Theres a suspicious amount of Death Stranding in the hype trailer. Do you really need that man clips for a re release of a 2 year old game?
It means Kojima will be there (via video like last time). People are hyped to hear his next project and will tune in. He may not give an update but that's not Geoff's problem. He hasnt promoted anything specifically and this will draw eyeballs

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Oh shit! I got that same woodblock print from David Bull, he does some fantastic work.

Now back to watching TeamReal looking for clues.
funny or die conspiracy GIF by gethardshow

baphomet

There’s another conspiracy theory?

The whole countdown thing doesn’t make sense anymore since FGS is 2-3 days away but Hideo is at 0.

The non-existent countdown ended almost a week ago.
Well to be fair it’s also possible that Sony announces the leaked blueprint acquisition together with a MGS Remake. It does not need to have anything to do with Kojima or Abandoned.

Lol, moving the goal posts so far that it doesn't even have to be related to Abandoned now?

You realize he's most likely just going to be showing the Death Stranding trailer he's been working on for the past month right?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I think it's highly possible Gamescon Live could have a new Kojima reveal.

But Geoff is also infamous for hyping his "announcements" no matter how terrible they are... he's even hyped announcements... that.. ended up.. just being, an announcement that an announcement was coming lol

He's click bait in human form, and has always been that way.. which makes some of the team real comments so hilarious about him.. like he's some beacon of journalism or something.

Last edited:

THE:MILKMAN

They do their own events and their Horizon presentation is still the most memorable event of the year as far as I'm concerned. Can't wait to see more of that game...
It was just a silly joke (that maybe one person here might get!) but I disagree about Horizon in so much it being an event. It was a SoP with a nice extended 15 minute demo/presentation.

Sony have been very obviously quiet for a long time and have made very clear changes in how they operate (more like the Nintendo model of the last number of years IMO) Far more profitable no doubt, but annoying to those of us used to multiple big events every year.

GuinGuin

Banned
It was just a silly joke (that maybe one person here might get!) but I disagree about Horizon in so much it being an event. It was a SoP with a nice extended 15 minute demo/presentation.

Sony have been very obviously quiet for a long time and have made very clear changes in how they operate (more like the Nintendo model of the last number of years IMO) Far more profitable no doubt, but annoying to those of us used to multiple big events every year.

Covid. They would have loved to do in person events but it's just not possible plus obviously it slowed production.

THE:MILKMAN

Covid. They would have loved to do in person events but it's just not possible plus obviously it slowed production.

Covid definitely helped them (though nothing stopped them from doing online/pre-recorded stuff) but they already instigated this strategy when they pulled out of E3 in 2019 with their “exploring new and familiar ways to engage our community in 2019” press release.

In any case this is off-topic. Just waiting for Kojima to blow minds again with his trolling!

Lol, moving the goal posts so far that it doesn't even have to be related to Abandoned now?
Lol what? Did I say it’s a win for team real if it’s not related to Abandoned? I just try to be fair and not read too much in this tweet and gave an example would it also could mean. But if course if it is not Abandoned related it’s a win for team fake.

But don’t you worry it will not come to this because Abandoned is 100% not just an indie asset flip.

Withnail

I saw this post on Reddit and it's looking like this might be the end, lads. Team fake is going to take the win:

Ooof

Frustrated World Cup GIF

In other words Hasan has been recycling half-baked game ideas and prototypes for years and Abandoned is probably bloated with junk assets left over from previous releases all of which were complete failures.

Presumably according to Team Real this is more Kojima subterfuge 😂

8BiTw0LF

Banned
My guess is, Kojima teases Silent Hills on wednesday and shortly after, the Abandoned app is removed from PS store and we will never hear from Hasan again.
$250K for 4 months of highly effective marketing, done by Hasan (and unknown team) - and Kojima have outdone all his past ARG's - unnoticed.

baphomet

Why is this being hyped up so much, I mean I liked DS eventually but a Directors Cut is not really something to be hyped over, even GoT's DC was not as hyped and thats a higher praised game

He's hosting some trash video game trailers show. The Death Stranding trailer is going to be the biggest thing there. Of course they're going to hype it.

Top Bottom