• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sacred 2 |OT| Lootwhores of all Platforms, Unite!

vandalvideo said:
It is a 'The game isn't all that great unless you haven't played a lot of action hack and slash PC RPG games". I can see someone enjoying it from a tabula rasa standpoint, but I could get more out of tieing a five dollar bill to a string, sticking a peice of gum on it, and fishing in the Bestbuy bargain PC bin.

Ok now your just being silly...or a ass. I cant tell. :lol

Finally got a chance to play this last night on the 360. Logged about 3 hours and got my Dryad up to lvl 8. Lots of fun, haven't seen any glitches yet, and I'm looking forward to digging into some co-op soon. :D

Cornballer said:
Finally got a chance to play this last night on the 360. Logged about 3 hours and got my Dryad up to lvl 8. Lots of fun, haven't seen any glitches yet, and I'm looking forward to digging into some co-op soon. :D

Saw you on my friends list last night playing. I would have invited you to a game but I'm working on my level 26 inquisitor! :D Glad to hear your enjoying it though.

bjaelke

vandalvideo said:
It is a 'The game isn't all that great unless you haven't played a lot of action hack and slash PC RPG games". I can see someone enjoying it from a tabula rasa standpoint, but I could get more out of tieing a five dollar bill to a string, sticking a peice of gum on it, and fishing in the Bestbuy bargain PC bin.
Your troll has reached level 2!

Character development in this game seems unnecessarily complex. I'm finding myself reading this thread and sacredwiki a lot to understand how it all works and how to spec a character.

That's about the only knock I can think of, I'm not that far in but it seems really easy so far.

Otherwise the game is terrific, lots of fun.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Saw you on my friends list last night playing. I would have invited you to a game but I'm working on my level 26 inquisitor! :D Glad to hear your enjoying it though.
Yeah, I need to level up a bit more before any of my friends can play with me. I'll work on it tonight. ;)

syllogism

GreekWolf said:
If you're planning to fuck up this thread like you tried to do in the Mass Effect teaser thread, then save your breath. We're not buying.
I wouldn't do that as at least Sacred devs more than delivered on their promises of a huge world to explore

e: I didn't insinuate the game is better on PC, just that gaf wouldn't be so forgiving

Anerythristic said:
Ok we are in derail territory. PC vs. console bullshit.
Nah, I'm not going there. I acknowledged that, for a console gamer, this game is fantastic. It is much better than the Everquest and Baldurs Gate action games on the platforms. By far and away. But when you compare it to other games on the PC that you can get for five dollars, it becomes far less of an appealing purchase. I mean, I'd rather buy Divine Divinity, Septerra Core, Throne of Darkness, or any number of other games for five bucks. I'm not saying Sacred 2 is a bad game.

This is nothing more than a caveat emptor.

Tom Penny

Hammer24 said:
Sorry, forgot to answer.
Bring up your character screen, then cycle through with the triggers. Highlight the art/skill and it tells you what level you have.

Sorry to keep asking. Is there a skills screen i'm missing? I have one for all my combat ablilities 7 total ( the ones you assign to face buttons magic, combos etc). I don't see the skill screen that shows armor, swords, halted lore etc...If anyone can help it would be great.

alterno69

Banned
Again, are there missions taking place inside castles, fortress and sutff like that or is it mostly played on exterior areas? I know there are probably tons of caves and such but what about other type of interiors.

GreekWolf

syllogism said:
I wouldn't do that as at least Sacred devs more than delivered on their promises of a huge world to explore

e: I didn't insinuate the game is better on PC, just that gaf wouldn't be so forgiving
Well, try as I might, I can't get too upset with you, considering your avatar features the greatest villain in the entire history of video games.

vandalvideo said:
Nah, I'm not going there. I acknowledged that, for a console gamer, this game is fantastic. It is much better than the Everquest and Baldurs Gate action games on the platforms. By far and away. But when you compare it to other games on the PC that you can get for five dollars, it becomes far less of an appealing purchase. I mean, I'd rather buy Divine Divinity, Septerra Core, Throne of Darkness, or any number of other games for five bucks. I'm not saying Sacred 2 is a bad game.

I think the thing to remeber is that, alot of older games that are awesome hack and slashes can be obtained now for low prices. Though one mans preference is another mans ban? or something lol.

I've played my fair share of these sorta games and I'm still extremely enjoying this. Regardless if said games are better, I find this is a highly competent title along the genre lines.

My Main Character: A Level 20 Inquisitor

1zoumig.jpg

9h7vp4.jpg

His staff shoots alien laser beams.

alterno69 said:
Again, are there missions taking place inside castles, fortress and sutff like that or is it mostly played on exterior areas? I know there are probably tons of caves and such but what about other type of interiors.

Level 26 all I've seen is outdoors and varied dungeons, some of which could be confused for a haunted castle. :D

PuMa

Tom Penny said:
Sorry to keep asking. Is there a skills screen i'm missing? I have one for all my combat ablilities 7 total ( the ones you assign to face buttons magic, combos etc). I don't see the skill screen that shows armor, swords, halted lore etc...If anyone can help it would be great.

Use L2 and R2 to switch to the other skill options.

syllogism

If someone is finding the game too easy, at least on PC you can jump between difficulties and still retain your progress on that specific difficulty (so if you go bronze -> silver -> bronze, all the things you did on bronze will still be there). Silver isn't really too difficult even for a low level character.

vandalvideo said:

Divine Divinity I'll give you, but Septerra Core and Throne of Darkness? Really?

Septerra Core isn't even the same type of game.

Absoludacrous said:
Divine Divinity I'll give you, but Septerra Core and Throne of Darkness? Really?

Septerra Core isn't even the same type of game.
Septerra Core is a hybrid JRPG/WRPG game. It is the only reason I recommended it. And THrone of Darkness is a definite pick over this game. TOD was made by Diablo staffers, and offers great gameplay with unique tactics options, a king of the hill multiplayer option, and all the usual accutrements. There are dozens of other games I could name too.

Tom Penny said:

Yeha as someone said, hit over to the next screen. I did the same thing. Felt so dumb but now I know at least. lol :lol

vandalvideo said:
Septerra Core is a hybrid JRPG/WRPG game. It is the only reason I recommended it. And THrone of Darkness is a definite pick over this game. TOD was made by Diablo staffers, and offers great gameplay with unique tactics options, a king of the hill multiplayer option, and all the usual accutrements. There are dozens of other games I could name too.

Well thats your preference which is cool. Yet Im sure some people will actually prefer Sacred 2 over those others games.

PuMa

Anerythristic said:
Level 26 all I've seen is outdoors and varied dungeons, some of which could be confused for a haunted castle. :D

Hurry up and level a bit more so we can co-op. Dual High Elves with complimenting Pyro and Stormite abilities would rock.

HiResDes

vandalvideo said:
I still have Divine Divinity installed, but I could never make it outside of the first gaited area...Like I have no idea where to go or what to do, its pretty sad.

slasher_thrasher21 said:
Well thats your preference which is cool. Yet Im sure some people will actually prefer Sacred 2 over those others games.

Which is why I preferenced my original post with; Unless you enjoyed import korean grind games, which is what Sacred 2 would be in comparison to some of those other games.

vandalvideo said:
Which is why I preferenced my original post with; Unless you enjoyed import korean grind games, which is what Sacred 2 would be in comparison to some of those other games.

Yeah but I dont see how the totally applies, forgive me if i'm just not getting it. I have never play a import korean grind game. :lol but yeah I think I understand what your getting at.

PuMa

ElyrionX said:
Just to clarify, there are no serious technical issues for the PS3 version right? The 360 and PS3 versions are identical?

Pretty much. Only difference really is that you can play local co-op with two Xbox live accounts.

PuMa said:
Hurry up and level a bit more so we can co-op. Dual High Elves with complimenting Pyro and Stormite abilities would rock.

I fucked myself big time. I was all over the place leveled three characters to 20, then thought about it and was like holy crap I can't co op with anybody that bought the game Day 1. :lol

PuMa

Anerythristic said:
I fucked myself big time. I was all over the place leveled three characters to 20, then thought about it and was like holy crap I can't co op with anybody that bought the game Day 1. :lol

No worries. I'll probably slow down a bit since I'm really itching to create a dual wielding Inquisitor.

Artadius

Did I just see this game compared to a Korean MMO grindfest? Outsiders looking in, rest assured this game is NOTHING like that.

I've spent thousands of hours into the Diablo series + hundreds each into Titan Quest, Dungeon Siege(s), Fate, Mythos Beta, etc...

This game, in my opinion, ranks right up there along with Titan Quest as a great hold-over for the King to return (Diablo III). Yes, it has some minor drawbacks, but so did Diablo and Diablo II at first.

I just wish I could play right now as my 360 is red ringed at the moment :\

GreekWolf

Great pics, EG... I'll have a few of my own to share soon.

BTW, have any of you Inquisitors collected the Insignia of Balefullness set? Absolutely ridiculous... and I must have it.

insignia.jpg

Cahill

Banned
EternalGamer said:
My Main Character: A Level 20 Inquisitor
pics

His staff shoots alien laser beams.

I use those energy weapons on my Inquisitor as well. Use em cause of the multi-shot with my CA, but there doesn't seem to be too many of them "in the wild".

Cahill said:
I use those energy weapons on my Inquisitor as well. Use em cause of the multi-shot with my CA, but there doesn't seem to be too many of them "in the wild".

That's exactly why I use it. I need to work on getting the recharge on it down some, but the multishot (which is just an arc melee with a hand weapon) is really powerful.

Anerythristic said:

Yea, you msg'd me last night and at first I was like who the fuck is this? But it all made sense soon after!

I beat the game on my shadow warrior who's like 41, and I'm thinking of trying a new class, maybe the mage...dunno.

ElyrionX

I'm picking up this game in the next couple of days and I'm looking to play a High Elf. My only question is:

Pyro or Stormite?

My preference is for Stormite actually since I prefer ice to fire but I've read that Pyro spells deal a lot more damage compared to Stormite spells.

Any advice?

Cahill

Banned
EternalGamer said:
That's exactly why I use it. I need to work on getting the recharge on it down some, but the multishot (which is just an arc melee with a hand weapon) is really powerful.

Yeah. Long range multi-shot with Ire (damage) Dolor (leech) and Smolder (Fire). Probably should have put Frenzy for my Gold on the CA but whatever. Generally normal enemies run at me, get popped, and drop dead just as they get close. I still chuckle almost every time it happens too.

ElyrionX said:
I'm picking up this game in the next couple of days and I'm looking to play a High Elf. My only question is:

Pyro or Stormite?

My preference is for Stormite actually since I prefer ice to fire but I've read that Pyro spells deal a lot more damage compared to Stormite spells.

Any advice?

I couldn't decide so I'm going for a mix of both (especially since I'm hoping it will help with enemies/bosses who have strong fire/ice resistances). Not sure if it'll work but I'm going to try like hell.

ElyrionX

Cahill said:
I couldn't decide so I'm going for a mix of both (especially since I'm hoping it will help with enemies/bosses who have strong fire/ice resistances). Not sure if it'll work but I'm going to try like hell.

That's not advisable since it would mean another two skills being taken up by your combat arts.

FuttBuck said:
Yea, you msg'd me last night and at first I was like who the fuck is this? But it all made sense soon after!

I beat the game on my shadow warrior who's like 41, and I'm thinking of trying a new class, maybe the mage...dunno.

If you played melee definetly go either High Elf or Dryad IMO.

The Dryad is pretty cool, the one I have is using Capricous Hunter, which is basically a must. You do have to use two slots in defensive skills to get Armor Lore though, which is a bummer, I took combat reflexes I had to level that to 5 , then it unlocked Armor Lore. Why is that important ? Like 70% of her armor choices only get bonuses if you have Armor Lore.

The High Elf Mage is a beast when done right, very few drawbacks, she has little to no offensive/melee abilities if you don't shoe horn it in, being a mage you obviously don't want to be in the middle of a mob, your running and gunning...with both those classes really.

Cahill

Banned
ElyrionX said:
That's not advisable since it would mean another two skills being taken up by your combat arts.

I know. Doesn't matter. I want Ice and Fire on her and dammit, I shall have it.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I've decided I'm going to ignore all side-quests and blow through the main quest on silver, so I can unlock gold. Then do the same on gold, and the same on platinum.

Exploring the entire world at length, being anal about sidequests... it's in my OCD gamer blood to do these things, but it doesn't make sense to do them KNOWING that the "reset" button is going to be hit when I start again on the next difficulty.

What's the point of being really comprehensive on a lower difficulty when all the phattest loots are locked away at the next difficulty level? :D :D

It's going to take a while, but Sacred 2 isn't going to REALLY begin for me until Niobium. At that point I'll start exploring the map, completing all quests, etc.

ElyrionX said:

Pyro or Stormite?

Any advice?

I tried both, it's that simple Pyro is more powerful and slower to cast.

Stormite is faster but less powerful.

Try NOT to do Pyro and Stormite as you need the Grand Invigoration buff modded and Shadow Step is useful. Expulse Magic will be important later on I bet, it banishes weaker magic...c'mon.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Meh, store doesn't have it till Thrusday, I'm loosing interest in this game :/

( I know I'm wrong)

bjaelke

I'm pyro but use Glacial Thorns on fire monster (there are quite a few dragons in this game). I've invested no points in the matching skills.

ElyrionX

Anerythristic said:
I tried both, it's that simple Pyro is more powerful and slower to cast.

Stormite is faster but less powerful.

Try NOT to do Pyro and Stormite as you need the Grand Invigoration buff modded and Shadow Step is useful. Expulse Magic will be important later on I bet, it banishes weaker magic...c'mon.

So if I take Stormite, the higher casting speed will make up for the lesser damage to a certain extent?

Basically, I wouldn't be gimping my own character by choosing Stormite over Pyro right?

Top Bottom